Raven's Jungle Warfare Log

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN
    ????? Ok I 'll bite, whats up?
    bah! no worries, their mmp gelatinase activity assay is giving me some weird results and you would think for 1300$ they would offer some technical assitance at a more expedited rate, is all.
    I had no intention of hijacking your thread... good luck with the rest of your cycle!
    cc

2. Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    bah! no worries, their mmp gelatinase activity assay is giving me some weird results and you would think for 1300$ they would offer some technical assitance at a more expedited rate, is all.
    I had no intention of hijacking your thread... good luck with the rest of your cycle!
    cc

No worries to you my friend. Just curious. Last night I trained shoulders and tris with author. We did shoulder press on the smith machine. I did 6 sets with a 45 lb plate on each side for 8 reps. Felt pretty strong. Definately will go up next week. My shoulders are my weakest body part to train. Interesting new effect i have felt is when training to failure, right when I think I am gonna run out of gas and die I get quick energy bursts ( then I die lol)

Then did like a bent over up right row with dumbells. Did this for 3 sets at 30 lb dumbbells.

Then did rear delt raises with 25 lbs dumbbells for 3 sets.

Tris- I did push downs @ 95 lbs for 8 reps , 4 sets.

dumbbell cross overs 25lbs each arm 3 sets.

diet- two pieces of wheat toast and two hard boiled eggs.
    protein shake (chocolate) 1 and a half scoops
    I can of albacore tuna and a bowl full of green veggies.
    protein shake( 1 and a half scoops)
    half a shake after work out which is about 5 thirty
    turkey breast brown rice and a salad for dinner.
    half a protein shake before bed.
    So far I have dropped 5 lbs since Monday. I have felt strength increases the last two days of workouts. and my libido is definately up.(Yeehaw)
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN
    Tris- I did push downs @ 95 lbs for 8 reps , 4 sets.
    95 lbs? Are you certain? Is there an extra pulley in the rig, making the weight 1/2 what the pin says it is? Or is it direct, and you're actually doing 95 lbs?

The reason I ask, is that I have pretty decent tricep strength, and I do 100 lb cable pull downs.

Great log. Keep up the good work!!!

-Tinytoad

4. Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    95 lbs? Are you certain? Is there an extra pulley in the rig, making the weight 1/2 what the pin says it is? Or is it direct, and you're actually doing 95 lbs?

The reason I ask, is that I have pretty decent tricep strength, and I do 100 lb cable pull downs.

Great log. Keep up the good work!!!

-Tinytoad

Hey TinyToad, I can do 105 pound pushdowns, it depends on what I did before triceps though as to how much strength I have left. I dont find that unusual at all.

5. Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    Hey TinyToad, I can do 105 pound pushdowns, it depends on what I did before triceps though as to how much strength I have left. I dont find that unusual at all.

sing it sister!!! Absolutely true. Triceps also is my strongest body part. Great lift FNF
    •   

6. Raven, please check your PMs!
    -Jblaze

7. Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze
    Raven, please check your PMs!
    -Jblaze

Done....now check yours

8. Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze
    Raven, please check your PMs!
    -Jblaze

Stop flirting J

9. Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    Stop flirting J
    I can't help it, I love German women!

10. The reason I'm asking, is that I work out at several different gyms, and the cable pulldown machines are not set up the same. One gym I'll do my sets at 100 pounds, for example, then the other gym, I'll do my sets at 200 pounds. Am I magically twice as strong at the other gym? No, the machines are set up differently. My trainer didn't realize this, until I pointed it out to him, so I think a lot of people might not realize this. If the bar is moving down one inch, for every inch that the weights are moving up, it's one to one, and the weight you have set, is the weight that your lifting plus some additional force due to the friction of the pulleys, etc.

Another example: Hammer Strength Leg press machine. The sled is at a 45 degree angle. Load up 900 pounds of plates, and are you really pushing 900 pounds of force? No. It's more like 636. But if you asked people at the gym, I'm sure they'd all say it's 900 pounds.

-Tinytoad

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN
    sing it sister!!! Absolutely true. Triceps also is my strongest body part. Great lift FNF

11. tis true on the cable weights.... Typically, in between a multi-purpose "jungle gym" type of apparatus, the inside portion where the cable crossover adjustable attachments lie, is where I put on 200 lbs (stack) and add a 25 lb plate to the pin and still knock out 15-20 reps. If I walk around the the outer stack with the back pad, 100 lbs feels heavier than 200 on the inside. For comparative assessment, I use 145 lbs on cambered bar skull crushers for about 12 reps. I will say though that Raven is very strong, for a man or a woman!

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    The reason I'm asking, is that I work out at several different gyms, and the cable pulldown machines are not set up the same. One gym I'll do my sets at 100 pounds, for example, then the other gym, I'll do my sets at 200 pounds. Am I magically twice as strong at the other gym? No, the machines are set up differently. My trainer didn't realize this, until I pointed it out to him, so I think a lot of people might not realize this. If the bar is moving down one inch, for every inch that the weights are moving up, it's one to one, and the weight you have set, is the weight that your lifting plus some additional force due to the friction of the pulleys, etc.

Another example: Hammer Strength Leg press machine. The sled is at a 45 degree angle. Load up 900 pounds of plates, and are you really pushing 900 pounds of force? No. It's more like 636. But if you asked people at the gym, I'm sure they'd all say it's 900 pounds.

-Tinytoad

12. Ok update: Monday I trained back and traps.

Partial deadlifts:6sets 6 reps 185lbs. Felt very strong.
    Seated rows ( wide) :6 sets 6 reps 80 lbs.
    kneeling bent over rows. 6 sets 8 reps each 50 lb dumbells.

traps:4 sets 55lbs dumbells 6 reps

I am taking in about 1500 cals aday. Cleaned up my diet and of course taking JW 3 times a day along with Venom 2caps in the morning. In one week I have lost an inch and a half off my waste, a half an inch off my chest a quarter off my quads my calves grew an quarter in. So I am very happy at the moment. I definately can feel the strength increase. Libido has heightened quite a bit.

13. So Raven, are PM's tha way you roll? ...Cuz I sent you an email yesterday or monday.

Carry on...

14. Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad
    So Raven, are PM's tha way you roll? ...Cuz I sent you an email yesterday or monday.

Carry on...
    did not receive chief....send it again please

15. Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN
    did not receive chief....send it again please
    Done...

Let me know if you don't receive.:bruce3:

16. How's the training going Raven? Did you break any equipment yet? Are you benching Author yet? JW is being good to you so far huh!

Have a great weekend!!!!!

17. Sorry for not updating. I had to take a couple of days off because of a old back injury flaring up. My supplementation is still the same, I just needed to give myself a couple of days of rest. I tweaked my back a few years back doing a 315 dead lift (yah I know I am a dumbass and every so often I get spasms. So the moral is I definately dont do 315 deadlifts anylonger!!! Nor do I want to.

Anyways. Back to my log. My back is feeling much better. So tonight we are doing Back of course so I will be driving hard but not stupidly. I am still taking 3 JW morning noon and night. I have not experienced any masculinizing effects at all. Having used PH's in the past, I definately know what these effects are lol. I feel gradual strength increases as well as energy. I am also tightening up everywhere, which is nice. I will report later tonight after our workout with more stats.

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    How's the training going Raven? Did you break any equipment yet? Are you benching Author yet? JW is being good to you so far huh!

Have a great weekend!!!!!

18. Get Author to give you a massage Those are the worst injuries, back!!! ouch!!!!!! Take care of you!!!!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    Get Author to give you a massage Those are the worst injuries, back!!! ouch!!!!!! Take care of you!!!!!

LOL, Hey Ill tell Author Myself!!! I just found him at the anabolicbeast. Not like he was lost or anything!!!!!

Be careful girl at tonights workout!!!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jungle Warfare Log -ryansm-
    By ryansm in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
  2. Jungle Warfare Log
    By ABSOLUTion in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 01:25 AM
  3. Restore & Jungle Warfare log
    By Terminator LMG in forum Supplement Logs