Anagen Overview

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Okay well I was one of the testers for Anagen chosen by Jkeithc and, although, most of what I said about it was written in my PCT log, I will comment on it here too.

As mentioned above I was partially chosen for the simple fact that I was the only one who would be using it during PCT so they wanted to get an idea of how it would work in PCT.

My ending PCT weight was 184.5 and my current weight 2 weeks later is 179 so frankly I am not that worrked about losing 5.5 lbs after a cycle considering the amount of water and glycogen retention I had lost post cycle.

My first dosage of Anagen was taken before I entered PCT just to see if I could gauge the effects of it when taken by itself. I popped a pill before I was running out the door to a study session (along with some caffeine) and I must say the study session went incredibly well, I was very very alert but not in a jittery manner like I am with high dosages of caffeine. Not sure if this was placebo or not I gave a pill to a friend and told him to take it before work and see if he noticed an effect and on top of that I took another one the next day without caffeine. The results were similar, although I didn't have the same level of alertness, I seemed to be much more focused on things and it was an interesting feel to say the least. My friend noticed similar results and said he wasn't sure if it was placebo either but his work day went by faster than ever and he had a great mood the entire time.

What I began to notice with Anagen was that it worked best in synergy with caffeine. Although you can still get the effects without it, it seemed to really get the training intensity and desire up while at the gym. I was able to do more sets and I wanted to be there more so than I would towards the end of a normally hard workout such as legs. I began taking 4 pills a day during PCT, splitting up the dosages throughout the day. At first I was a little skeptical of the weight gain I was going to see but surprisingly my weight held steady for an entire week at 178.5 and my boys were beginning to drop back to normal nicely with the toremifine and other stuff. STUPIDLY, after 5 months of not drinking and feeling like a social outcast I drank a little on a Friday and had a beer or two the next day. What an idiotic move, since even though I was taking a ****load of lean extreme, I am sure my test levels plumitted during this time and aided in the catabolism of my PCT causing me to lose some of the weight I was holding onto.

Despite all of this my strength never dipped during PCT. Yeah, I lost some of the endurance and strength from coming off an AAS cycle but workout to workout while in PCT my strength was actually increasing! I can't really attribute this to anything else considering I wasn't taking anything else that is "anabolic" persay minus the LX which is more of an anti-catabolic supplement rather than being anabolic on its own.

I am now at the end of week 2 with Anagen and about 4 days ago I began dosing Anagen at twice the daily dosage (8 caps per day) to gauge the effects. Although focus didn't increase (stayed the same) I am starting to feel a little harder and I am nto sure if it is due to the fact that I am further along in PCT right now but my natural test levels seemed to come back more rapidly. I am not too sure how ECDY works as it is not a supplement I have ever studied in great detail, I am not sure if it is responsible for some of the increased test production but I did notice I felt a little fuller and harder, which along with rebound and other anti-e's was definitely helping.

All in all I must say that it is a good supplement for the price and it could have greater potential at even high dosages. I would definitely add it to my next PCT as it seemed to greatly help. I think it also has a great place as an addition to a cutting stack! In fact it will also go into my next cutting stack whenever that might be.

Just remember my results were in PCT so it was hard to gauge results from JUST the Anagen, but that was the point of this as well, was to see if it aided and so far it definitely seems that way as strength still feels great.

I will keep everyone updated as far as weight gain is concerned as the next two weeks of PCT continue.

D

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In as few words possible:

ECDY works by improving recovery, and increasing nitrogen retention.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I know this was a PCT, but has anybody maybe given their opinion on whether or not this would be a product suited more for cutting or bulking?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I know this was a post cycle therapy, but has anybody maybe given their opinion on whether or not this would be a product suited more for cutting or bulking?
I think it could be used as both but I would only use it for cutting. I don't think it has a strong enough anabolic profile to make a huge difference during a bulk (not saying it wouldn't help at all though because it would). Just the fact that your workout intensity is increased, as well as focus, makes it a good supp for the money.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
YOu think its better for a cut because it helps maintain LBM?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
YOu think its better for a cut because it helps maintain LBM?
Precisely. Helps to aid in recovery during catabolic moments of caloric restriction.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
so, i got a couple bottles, i am cutting right now, i am wondering if I should save for the bulk (keep in mind i have little experience with hormonal products, just 2 cycles or orastan-e a while ago), or maybe use a bottle right now...you thinking i should use it now?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
so, i got a couple bottles, i am cutting right now, i am wondering if I should save for the bulk (keep in mind i have little experience with hormonal products, just 2 cycles or orastan-e a while ago), or maybe use a bottle right now...you thinking i should use it now?
Depends on how well your cut is going. If you think you are losing enough fat compared to muscle then save it. But if you feel you aren't losing the amount of b/f you want and you are seeing a lot of muscle wasting, then go for it.