ersatz

Awards
  • Established

Sex: M

Height: 5'8"ish

Weight: 161

Bodytype: Ecto

Training experience:

Weight/strength training for the past decade. For the first 6 years I focused mostly on strength training while trying to maintain a weight of no more that 143 for competition. Most opponents at this weight were 5'6" or under so it gave me a decent height/reach advantage. But as I wanted to compete in mma/sport jiu-jitsu finding anyone in in these weight classes was difficult in these weight divisions. So I made the decision to compete at 155. Gained 20-35lbs in 3 years using a modified routine of IronAddicts.

BJJ/mma training for past 8 years with some breaks inbetween.

Training Schedule/Protocol:
Lift twice per week. Workout consists of a fullbody circuit training for about 1hr 20mins. Always train with a partner who does the same routine so I perform the exercise say squats then he does then onto next exercise. Perhaps a 45 sec rest between exercises waiting for him to finish. Rep range is 13-15 reps. If you saw the All Access Rich Franklin program my workout is basically the same though my tempo differs. I move slower through the workout so I only average 7-9 sets for large muscle groups and 4 for smaller ones. Exercises are most compound movements which I could go into exact detail if necessary.
Once every 10 days I throw in another workout going for 1 rep maxes for raw strength.
Then 2-5 days per week of bjj class depending on schedule.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:
30 mins everyday on treadmill with heartrate at 130-140bpm. Once or twice a week on treadmill heart rate at 190-200 bpm till failure, rest 5 misn or until 140-150bpms. Repeat this for 20 mins.

Current supplements:
500mg Fruit anti-ox blend from BAC
200-300mg Idebenone
600mg NAC
1g Celadrin
6g Omega 3 Fish oil
1 a day multi, Eco-Green, Adam, or AST Pro 32x
1000IUs SOD every 10 days
1 or 2 caps AMP preworkout/lifting days
Preworkout shake:
3g GMS
3g CEE
1g Glucuronolactone
Workout shake:
3g Leucine
2g Taurine
10g EAA
1.5 scoops WPI
Postworkout shake:
1 or 2 scoops WPI
3g Taurine

Current Diet:
250g protein, 200g carbs, 75g fat. Diet needs improvement as I don't get enough calories. Diet is fairly clean with no processed/fast foods except on weekends as cheat.

Short Term Goal: Hit 168-170 by June and maintain 7%bf

Long Term Goal: 180 by end of year and 5-6%bf

Prescription/Recreational drugs: None but open to offers

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you know the details of this product so no need to post the product write-up here. But in case you don't, http://www.scivation.com/product_9.html

Dosing for my bodyweight is 3-4 caps so I'll go with the latter of 4, since it coincides with the 4 major meals I eat daily. At this dosage it should last me 45 days which will be the duration of this log.

Goals: I will primarily focus on lean bulking but seeing as I do a relatively high amount of cardio I will eat whatever I can to get enough calories down. Will shoot for 4000 cals or more.

This product should increase endurance likely due to the rhodiola rosea. I've used rho before so I know to what extent it improves endurance. So I'll see if the ecdy has any greater effect as a result. It can be somewhat difficult to assess increases in endurance so I'll measure it by how long it takes for heart rate to reach a certain level.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Cardio workout for 30 mins on treadmill with heartrate at 130-140bpm range. I usually start of at 3mph for 3mins to warm-up before I bump it to 8 mph for 30mins while trying to keep heartrate at 130-140 bpm. Sometimes around the 20min mark I'll have to drop it to 6mph to stay within range. Today was such a day. Obviously no effect on endurance levels or for that matter anything else today but it's only the first day.

It's quite hard to attribute any daily changes to a product as it could be an aberration or related to various compounding factors. As a result I still note any differences or effects but won't attribute them to the product. Instead I'll provide a weekly report to see if I notice any trends that would likely be attributed towards Anagen. I'll also refrain from reading other testers' logs of this product to avoid bias or any possible placebo effect.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - April 11th

Another cardio day same as yesterday. BJJ class today, 25 mins of technique instruction and then 20 mins of actual rolling. Again there's no discernable difference in performance as of yet.

Dosed the 4 caps spread evenly throughout the day, about 4 hrs apart.
Protein intake was 300g with about 460g of carbs and approx 130g fat.

Tomorrow is an actual weight lifting day but I'm not expecting too much change.

My lifting routine is far from the average bodybuilding routine for various reasons. Training a bodypart per workout or even certain groups is not feasible as it would interfere with bjj and muay thai (mt) classes. I find recovery is severely hampered when I lift and train during the same day. As a result I employ a complete body circuit training workout. Focus is on compound movements to minimize warm-up sets and cut down on training time. I prefer free weights but incorporate machines for convenience. Reps are kept within the 13-15 range and take about a min per set. Number of sets vary by muscle group and time constraints. Tomorrow's workout will illustrate a typical workout. This type of workout regime is supposed to focus on muscular endurance, which in my sport aids greatly in submissions both attack and defense.

Another workout I employ every 10 days consists of 1-2 reps but still the same outline, total body circuit training workout. This focuses on strength and aids in explosive moves such as takedowns or sub escapes.

I employed this lifting routine for the better part of 7 months and it's improved my mam game quite considerably. Previously I focused on traditional bodybuilding routines and programs like max-ot, doggcrap, or hst.

My current goal is to bulk so I would probably be better off changing to a more traditional lifting routine but in my experience this causes my mma game to suffer hence my reluctance. Therefore I won't be changing my lifting routine but I may drop cardio down to 3 days/week.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - April 12th
Thanks for the compliments, it adds a great deal of motivation. Today is an actual lifting day. No warm-up sets are performed but 5 mins of stretching followed by 5 mins of running at 5mph precedes lifting. This provides an adequate warm-up getting blood into the muscles.
First set of exercises are performed in order listed and then repeated. Then the second set of exercises is performed. This allows major muscle groups to get twice as many sets as smaller groups. Weights for exercises remain static with a 13-15 rep goal for each set. With each rep I try to maintain a 2-0.5-2 sec tempo.

Reps per set

Flat bench press (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 13, 13
Lat pulldowns (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 14 ,14, 14
Seated Rows (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 14, 14, 14
Deadlifts (200lbs) 15, 15, 14, 13, 13, 12
Squats (230lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 12
Calf Raises (230bs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (50lb dumbbells) 15, 15, 15
Barbell curls (80lbs) 15, 13, 13
Cable tricep pushdowns (120lbs) 15, 15, 15

45 total sets, 649 reps performed

Can't say I noticed any difference, no strength or stamina increases. I've decided to cut down on cardio to aid in bulking. 3 days a week I'll run 20 mins with a heart rate(hr) at 130-140bpms.
Once or twice a week I'll perform a HIT cardio routine. 5 mins at 5mph (hr 130-140bpms) warm-up. Then several intervals(5-6 sets) of 30-60secs at 12mph(hr 180bpm+) 30secs at 5mph. Then stop completely for 3-5 mins or until hr drops to under 130bpms. Repeat process 3 times.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 - April 13th
Not much to report, no DOMS, no increase in muscle fullness or hardness, no improvement in sleep, no bloat, no lethargy, etc.

Did some cardio today, 20 mins at 130-140bpm and nothing out of the ordinary to report. I won't be able to post this weekend as I'll be at UFC 59 on Saturday and at relatives on Easter.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - April 17

Up 2lbs in bw but I believe this is subq water weight. There is noticeably less definition in my shoulders and upper chest. I'm guessing it's from the few drinks and high sodium diet from the weekend, damn Easter ham.

I skipped the Saturday workout but was considering doing it today but opted for the 1-2 rep max wo instead.

Flat bench press (265lbs) 2 reps, 1 rep
Seated Rows (250lbs) 2 sets of 2 reps
Deadlifts (300lbs) 2 sets 1 rep
Squats (330lbs) 2 sets 2 reps
Calf Raises (330bs) 2 sets 2 reps
Overhead barbell press (150lbs) 2 sets 1 rep
Dumbbell curls (50lbs) 2reps, 1 rep
Cable tricep pushdowns (160lbs) 2 sets of 2 reps

Each exercise preceeded by 2 warm-up sets using 50% of weight for 5-6 reps. No noticeable changes so far.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 - April 19

Not much residual soreness from Monday's heavy workout, either today or yesterday.

Did 20mins of cardio yesterday at the standard 130-140bpm. Then went to bbj class and practiced for 45mins. I noticed hte grappling top has tighter than normal around the sholders and I'm still up 2lbs. I still believe it to be mostly water as definition is still lacking.

Today was a circuit training day but given that Monday was a heavy lifting day I decided to back down on workload, both with number of reps and sets. Workout went as follows.

Flat bench press (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 14
Lat pulldowns (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 14 ,14
Seated Rows (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 14, 14,
Deadlifts (200lbs) 15, 14, 14, 13, 13,
Squats (230lbs) 15, 15, 15, 14, 14
Calf Raises (230bs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15,
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (50lb dumbbells) 15, 15, 15
Cable tricep pushdowns (120lbs) 15, 15, 14

Starting to notice the effects of the rhodiola as it takes a bit longer to get heart rate up to 130bpm+. This aside I'm not noticing too much.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 12 - April 21

Down a little under 1lb and the definition in the delts is back to normal. High intensity cardio yesterday. A bit easier to sprint for 30secs and heart rate drops back down <140 in about 3-5% less time.

BJJ class today, some pad work and sparring for 30mins. Grappling for 45mins. Stamina is improving slightly which I attribute to the rho+bacopa. I don't believe the ecdy adds anything additional so far as increases are on par with previous rho supplementation. Strength does seem to be increasing though as I can hold onto subs with the same intensity for greater periods. Tomorrow's workout should be a good barometer to guage strength increases.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 - April 22

Workout: Circuit training

Flat bench press (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 14
Lat pulldowns (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 14
Seated Rows (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 14
Deadlifts (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 14
Squats (230lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 14
Calf Raises (230bs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 13, 13, 11
Cable tricep pushdowns (130lbs) 15, 15, 14

Motivation going into the workout was a bit low but once I got in there and was able to focus it went pretty smoothly. First two iterations were completely fairly effortlessly. Decided to increase poundages on shoulder press and tricep pushdowns but reduced deadlifts because of some tightness in lower back due to grappling. The strength increases that I noticed while grappling are carrying over to lifting. While rho does contribute to this effect it is quite evident that a significant amount is due to the ecdysterone.

Weight and definition is the same as yesterday. Diet today was poor as I only mananged 220g protein missing a shake and essentially half a meal. Also forgot twice to take Anagen with a meal so I wound up taking it about 30mins after.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this is a great log. I am also an mma fighter. I have been thinking greatly about switching to a work out routine like yours on friday i was grappling after a heavy chest day and I find it really does hamper my workouts. I also have to make sure not to do shoulders on muay thai day as they will be to sore to work the pads for extended hours.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I had the same problems trying to incorporate traditional lifting programs with mma training. Too sore from lifting to train maximally or too sore from mma training to lift the next day. It lead to overtraining and a slew of other problems.

After modifying my routine to the current one I've noticed a world of difference. Endurance has doubled and my game has vastly improved. I still think that I'm lifting a bit too much so I'm going to further modify my routine. The first week I'll do two high rep circuit training wo. The second week one high rep circuit training wo and the other a 1-2 rep max wo.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 14 - April 23

Two weeks in an I haven't noticed much of an anabolic effect. Ecdysterone was compared to d-bol in some studies but I don't see the correlation. I haven't experienced any signifcant gains in strength or weight. Endurance, both in terms of cardio and muscular have improved though. At this point it hasn't been an ideal bulking compound for me. I am avoiding reading other logs of this product so as not to be influenced by them. As a result I'm not sure if my results are atypical and perhaps an indication that I'm making some sort of error in training or diet. Everything so far is leading me to believe that this product would work better when cutting than bulking. I'll continue using this product for another 2 weeks and re-evalute my plans. At that point I will have another 2 weeks left, at which point I might save for a cut.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
I employ a complete body circuit training workout. Focus is on compound movements to minimize warm-up sets and cut down on training time. I prefer free weights but incorporate machines for convenience. Reps are kept within the 13-15 range and take about a min per set. Number of sets vary by muscle group and time constraints. Tomorrow's workout will illustrate a typical workout. This type of workout regime is supposed to focus on muscular endurance, which in my sport aids greatly in submissions both attack and defense.
I noticed this right off the bat - IMO, you're trying to bulk but with more of an endurance type program, which kind of seems counterproductive if you ask me.
It's like the folks taking Superdrol while cutting - they're not making the most out of the compound.
Just my opinion after observing your log.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I noticed this right off the bat - IMO, you're trying to bulk but with more of an endurance type program, which kind of seems counterproductive if you ask me.
It's like the folks taking Superdrol while cutting - they're not making the most out of the compound.
Just my opinion after observing your log.

HI I was wondering on your comment about superdrol since I have read the write up by anabolic extreme and it says that superdrol is modeled off masteron and is a cross between masteron and var which are bost usually cutting drugs why it wouldn't be the best for cutting?

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll add my 2 cents from what I see so far. Y2J, is right on the money. You mentioned in the very opening of your log you're cals are too low, then on top of that if you're doing cardio 2x's a week plus class, plus lifting like someone would for endurance, plus you say you're an ectomorph. You're not going to have any hopes of bulking up without eating more calories. BTW, no offense but at your weight for your bodysize it should merely be a matter of eating more. The anagen should only make things easier, although I do have a feeling that it's better for a cutter. Kind of like the more mild AAS ie. var or primo, BUT HEY THAT'S COOL! :head:

Anyway please try and take the semi-constructive criticism well and think about adressing those issues. BTW, how much of your protein comes from food vs. protein powder? Just asking.

As for the SD comment I could have sworn it was a cross between masteron and anadrol. Either stack would put on some nice size. I just think that with the masteron/var stack it would take a little longer and you'd hold onto more of what you gained. Which having tried SD leads me to believe even moreso that it's like a splice of masteron and drol, or that's at least what it's compareable to. None of the bloat of drol due to that anti-e effects of the masteron and hard dry, vascular and dedending on the calorie surplus pretty large gains. ALthough the're not all as solid as the first combo, assuming you're not pushing your limits of what you can hold, pct is in place, ect. ect.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the bit of confusion in my diet. The one listed in the first post was the diet employed at that time. As previously stated, I intended to use this product on a bulk as it was compared to dbol. So the diet posted on day 2 is an accurate reflection of current intake.
Daily intake protein ~300g, carbs 450-500g, fat 100-125g. This comes out to around 4000cals which in my experience is adequate for bulking. Only about 75g of protein is from shakes. Supps such as CEE, GMS, Taurine, etc aren't calculated into those figures AS I'm not sure what they fall into, carbs, protein, etc. They don't account for much anyways.

As for the lifting regimen perhaps it needs to be modified further. It is endurance oriented but along with the 1-2 rep max workout it should provide enough of a stimulus for growth. I could employ a more traditional routine but past experience has shown it negatively impacts endurance levels and leads to over training.

Maintaining endurance/cardio is the priority and it does come at the expense of lbm increases. I could gain a lot more weight but I'm just not willing to sacrifice my endurance. For me the latter is vastly more difficult to build up. The key is finding the happy median between muscle growth and maintaining endurance levels if at all feasible.

I do appreciate all the comments as it gives me varying perspectives and a more objective view. I'm open to any further suggestions to modifiy my diet or training schedule.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 16 - April 25

Flat bench press (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 14
Lat pulldowns (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
Deadlifts (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 14
Squats (245lbs) 15, 15, 14, 14, 13, 11
Calf Raises (245lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 13, 12, 12

Strength and endurance seem to be improving in comparison to last week, mildly but noticeably. As you can see I increzsed the weight on some lifts and those I didn't I was able to increase reps on the latter sets.

Previous day consisted of high intensity cardio workout in morning and mma class at night.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice bro, btw it's barely been 2 weeks plenty of time before I'd imagine seeing tangible results. Keep it up :)

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 - April 27

Decided to throw in another circuit training workout and use a 1-2 rep max on Sunday.

Deadlifts (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 14, 14, 14
Squats (245lbs) 15, 14, 14, 13, 13, 11
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 13, 13, 12
Barbell curls (80lbs) 14, 14, 13

Wasn't very motivated and had a difficult time focusing so I just had to push through. Dropped the reps on most sets and employed a faster tempo.

Still not noticing much, no changes in temperment, mood, libido, etc. Weight is up another pound though.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hey how is the training going? just wanted to let you know I changed my work out also but I am still trying to incorpate mass building also so what I am doing is going high rep lower weight on all smaller muscle groups and only heavy mass building exercises on chest and back on shoulders arms etc i am doing 15-20 rep with lower weights. My bulking was putting me into to high of a weight class for my height

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I can still bulk on high rep circuit training workouts but to a lesser gegree than the more traditional lower rep heavier weight wokrouts. Everyone is different but for me I use high rep circuit base training and throw in a 1-2 rep max for strength every now and then. You could probably do the same and keep weight fairly constant while increasing muscular strength and endurance.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 20 - April 30

Cardio continues to improve at a steady pace. Strength does seem to be improving as evident by today's 1-2 rep max workout.

Flat bench press 1st and 2nd (265lbs) 2 reps with moderate ease, 3rd set 280 1 rep but struggled quite a bit.

Seated Rows (270lbs) 2 sets of 2 reps
Overhead barbell press (150lbs) 2 sets 2 reps
Dumbbell curls (60lbs) 3 sets of 1 rep
Cable tricep pushdowns (180lbs) 2 sets of 1 rep

Again all exercises proceeded by 2 warm-up sets of 6 reps consisting of half the weight. Mood was elevated after watching the Lakers v. Suns which helped in the gym. I am quite impressed with the strength increases but not sure if I can attribute it solely to Anagen. I usually detest these types of workouts but my mood today was high and had some bearing on the outcome. Will take weight tomorrow or possibly Tuesday. My definition appears to be holding still but unsure of weight as some people say I look a bit fuller.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 22 - May 2

Weight 164.5

Mild soreness from Sunday's wo, yesterday. Enough to remind me, but not enough to hinder cardio or mma training. Considered lifting today but decided to hold off until tomorrow to allow for fully recovery.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 24 - May 4

Yesterday's Workout: Circuit training

Flat bench press (185lbs) 15, 15, 15, 14, 14, 14
Deadlifts (185lbs) 15, 15, 14, 14, 14, 14
Squats (245lbs) 15, 14, 14, 13, 13, 12
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 15, 12, 12
Barbell curls (80lbs) 14, 13, 13
Cable tricep pushdowns (130lbs) 15, 14, 14

Reps were down a bit but really not an indication of anything. Tomorrow's workout will hopefully prove it was just a minor aberration. Weight is still a steady 164.5 with no changes in bf.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 25 - May 5

Seated Rows (170lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 14
Squats (245lbs) 15, 15, 14, 13, 13, 12
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 14, 14, 13

Reps were up slightly from previous workout but no changes in weight used. Took two caps of AMP pre-workout which really helped me get through. While reps weren't increased significantly the effort with which it takes to complete them is reduced. Hard to attribute it solely to AMP or Anagen or any other factor. Likely a combination of them all but since the starting Anagen that has been a prevalent trend just not as noticeable as it was today. Also Anagen greatly improves endurance as evident in my mma training. I notice strength is maintained quite a bit longer. Easier to stay in clinch or apply subs for longer periods of time.

I plan on running this for 30 days instead of the inital 45. I will save the 15 remaining days for a cut as I believe that's where this product will have the greatest benefit. If anyone from Scivation would rather have me run it the full 45 days though, I will comply.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Great log so far...have you checked out sublimes?
Thanks, I actually made it a point not to read others' logs so as to avoid a potent placebo effect. Though I eagerly wish to read the other reviews of this product I will refrain from doing such until completion of this log.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 27 - May 7

No residual soreness from Friday's workout. Will weigh myself again on Monday as a few people at my bjj class said I look a bit bigger. Also plan on another circuit training workout and a 1-2 rep max on
thurdsay.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How all logs should be. Take notes people.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 29 - May 9

Yesterday's Workout: Circuit training

Lat pulldowns (180lbs) 15, 15, 14, 14, 14, 12
Seated Rows (180lbs) 15, 15, 14, 14, 14, 14
Squats (245lbs) 15, 15, 14, 13, 13, 12
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 15, 13, 13
Cable tricep pushdowns (140lbs) 13, 13, 14

No residual soreness today. Weight this morning was 165.5lbs.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 31 - May 11

Workout: 1-2 rep max
warm up consisted of roughly half of max weight from previous workout for 2 sets of 5 reps.

Flat bench press
280lbs 1 rep couldn't knock out the 2nd, same results for next 2 sets
Seated Rows
270lbs 1 set 2 reps
280lbs 2sets 1 rep
Overhead barbell press (150lbs) 2 sets 2 reps
Dumbbell curls (60lbs) 3 sets of 1 rep
Cable tricep pushdowns (180lbs) 2 sets of 1 rep

Not much of a strength improvement. I've decided to run this for a fukll 45 days and buy another bottle later for cutting.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 35 - May 15

Lat pulldowns (180lbs) 15, 15, 14, 14, 13, 13
Seated Rows (180lbs) 15, 15, 14, 14, 14, 14
Squats (245lbs) 15, 15, 14, 13, 13, 13
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 14, 14, 13
Cable tricep pushdowns (140lbs) 14, 13, 13

Weight has been a steady 165 the past few days. Nothing new to report.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 38 - May 18

Been working 13 hour days the past few days so haven't had time to post much less workout. Figure in another 2 hours of commuting and time is a premium these days. Managed to get a workout in today but had to cut the number of sets. Diet and sleep among other things has suffered, less than 4.5 hrs sleep and around 200g protein. Despite this my weight is still a steady 165. I'd sya my caloric intake has been reduced by at least 700 cals and weight is still steady. This furthers my notion that Anagen is anti-catabolic.

Flat bench press (200lbs) 14, 13, 12, 10
Lat pulldowns (200lbs) 14, 14, 13, 13
Seated Rows (200lbs) 14, 14, 14, 13
Deadlifts (200lbs) 15, 14, 14, 14
Squats (245lbs) 15, 15, 14, 14
Calf Raises (245lbs) 15, 15, 15, 15
--------
Overhead dumbbell press (60lb dumbbells) 14, 14
Barbell curls (80lbs) 15, 15
Cable tricep pushdowns (140lbs) 15, 14

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hey looks like you've gone up in weight on the circuit good going log looks great. How is the mma training coming? I am stuck right now between wanting to get bigger and also have to still think about if I can cut to my fighting weight.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, at 165lbs I don't think I will be fighting at 143 anymore, though I never liked being that light anyways. I currently have only competed at the amateur level so they give you lots of leeway in making weight. A fight can be scheduled at 155 but if someone comes in at 160 or 165 the other guy will usually still take the fight. Since I'll fight at 155 or 160 now I want to be at least 15lbs over the weight limit.

I could go all out on a bulk and gain 10lbs in a month but a third wouldn't be lean mass and my cardio goes to hell. I've done it before and my mma training went to crap. I would tire in 5 mins and it's just not worth it. So I'll just increase weight slowly and it'll probably take 3 months to get where I want to be but my mma game won't suffer and I'll be at a further point in mma training then than if I tried the other method. It's hard to move up in weight without sacrificing one aspect or another so in the end you have to choose which ones are most important to you. Good luck with what route you choose.

I'll try and post my fight cutting routine tomorrow so if anyone has any advice or modification feel free to share.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 44 - May 24

I've been working a lot more hours recently to get a project completed before Memorial Day weekend so as a result a lot of things have taken a back seat. Diet has been somewhat amiss as well as cardio, mma training, sleep and pratically everything else. Workouts were going well though as I haven't gone to any mma oriented classes in a week so lifting is the only stress reliever. Protein has been around 230g/day which is still above maintenance but not necessarily ideal for bulking purposes.

In the meanwhile since I've last posted , I've completed a 1-2rep max a a circuit training workout. I didn't bother to increase the weights for either for various reasons. Therefore it's difficult to assess any strength changes, but I can state that with the additional stressors, strength has at the very least stayed the same.

Hopefully I'll have some more time tomorrow to post a wrap-up and other pertinent info.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Day 46

Supplementation with Anagen has drawn to a close. In this period lbm has increased 4lbs with no real change in bf%. Strength increases were marginal and could be attributed to natural progression as much as supplementation. Endurance levels did improve by roughly 9% and this is likely due to the adaptogens in Anagen. I have previously supplemented with rho+bacopa and have yielded similar results. There are those who will say my lifting routine is not condusive to dramatic gains in either strength or mass and this may be true to an extent. Increased cals 500-700 over maintenance will result in a monthly gains of 3lbs lbm. Strength gains are harder to discern as they don't seem to improve in a linear manner.

My diet has also suffered in the past week so results have been slightly hindered by this as well. But for me Anagen did not produce d-bol like gains as touted by other manufacturer's and "russian studies". For me this wasn't a great non hormonal anabolic as gains seem to be on par with what I can normally gain. This isn't necessarily he fault of said product as it's possible my training routine is geared towards full utilization of Anagen and its method of action(s). I did find that in a hypocaloric state with increased stress that there was no decline in weight or strength which is normally the case. This leads me to believe Anagen is better suited for a cut rather than a bulk. In addition there were no changes in mood or libido no water retention, oily skin, pumps, or other effects associated with increased hormone production. You don't feel like you are on anything when using Anagen, that is unless you are working out. This makes it ideal for me when cutting. I need a product to have no adverse effects especially in the last week in order for me to drop 10lbs water for weigh ins.

In the end would I recommend this product for someone looking for a NHA bulking product? I would have to say that there are better alternatves, like Activate as I had much better strength increases but also a higher incidence of sides. Now stacking the two would probably be perfect. In fact Anagen should stack well with any nha product. For someone cutting, I would absolutely recommend it though. It won't exacerbate any unwanted sides one gets from cutting. I will run it in another month or so to see if I can drop more water weight and to gauge any chagnes in strength.