Superpump 250 review

ktw

Awards
  • Established
I just bought some Superpump250 this week after numerous reccomendations from people on Bodybuilding.com. It's a fairly popular product so I thought I would review it. First of all let me say that I do not expect any NO product to make up for effort in the gym. I do not expect to have water hose sized veins from taking an NO product nor do I believe the pump is entirely the result of supplementation. In the past I have used:
NO2
V12 and V12 turbo
Nitrous
White Blood
Shock Therapy
NO-explode

Ok so on to the review:
Taste:
1 out of 10. This stuff tastes like expired Halloween candy. In order to even finish it I must gag it down and it leaves me with a very dry mouth.
Results: 2 out of 10, 3 on a very good day. First of all the dosing is very broad and vague. 1 to 3 scoops? That's a large variant. At 3 scoops a serving, the product will last 13 workouts, or a month for me. So the first day I dosed it at one scoop. I felt absolutely nothing and had a horrible taste in my mouth from the awful flavor the entire workout. The next time I dosed 2 scoops. Still absolutely nothing and the taste was twice as awful. Today I tried 3 scoops and felt a mild, mild effect that disappeared mid workout. At 48 dollars, I would expect the max dose to yield some sort of results. I take my NO product about 45 minutes prior to workout and about 45 minutes after my preworkout meal. The proprietary blend lists a severe assload of ingredients, half of which are most likely un necessary or underdosed. I can not even wait till I'm out of the product, as it was a giant waste of money, disgusting, and does not yield any sort of effect whatsoever. I do not have a high stim. tolerance, a sugar free redbull or half a redline makes me feel cracked out or something, so I do not blame tolerance on the lack of results.
Lets review the label claims really quick:
"Increases lean mass in one workout!"
-Sorry buddy, but no product will do that unless it's some sort of anabolic agent. If there is any increase in anything, it is the feeling of disgust of having to consume 3 servings of this crap
"Causes rapid and measurable full muscle pumps!"
-Really? At what dose? I'm taking enough to make a race horse slam dunk and I see no difference in the pumps I get when I lift.
"Rapidly increases the ratio of lean body composition"
-See first comment.
"Promotes intense mental focus, maximum energy, and superior strength."
-The only thing I focus on is how awful it tastes and how I gag when I try to choke it down. I then focus on the fact that the product is absolute garbage to fuel my workout intensity, feeling that if I lift hard maybe my money will magically reappear. My gag reflex certainly does gain strength, but there is not one difference in my lifts from this product.

I encourage any supplement user to not buy this product. It is terrible in every single respect. When I was using Shock Therapy, 1 scoop felt way more intense than 3 of this. Also, it lasts 50 workouts, which is 16 weeks, or 4 months. I never believe the claims a product makes, but when it yields not even a placebo effect, it makes me wonder. By the way, my diet is very clean, 350/350/100 every day, all from extremely clean sources, so my diet is not to blame, nor is my training intensity.

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
thanks for the honest review... i must say i too have NEVER been impressed with a single NO product or even creatine for that matter... seems like a waste of money to spend 50 bucks on 3 weeks of creatine when you can get 2 months worth of superdrol for less.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Actually if you look around creatine is dirt cheap. I will probably always take some sort of creatine for that exact reason. NO products are simply a luxury I can afford right now. I'm not old enough for anabolics yet, so I can't really worry about saving money for them. However, I hate people who rally around worthless ****, and I would like everyone to know how horrible this product is so they do not make the same mistake I did.

dwass

dwass

Awards
VPX's Muscle Nitrous is garbage aswell. I've used Redline and like it, so I gave their MN a try (got it at a pretty good discount, too) and it gave NO results.

I haven't noticed any increased pump.

anabolicandre

Awards
Really? I know you should take it on a semi empty stomach...

So like if you have had a pro shake wait at least an hour before taking it, and meal at least two...

But Taste is horrendous... fruit punch taste more like *******, their creamsuicle flavor is ok, but not incredible

def. focused me and gave me pumps nothing incredible but heyyyyyyy....

ktw

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a fan of working out on any sort of empty stomach so I try and hit the gym about 90 minutes after my meal, and it says to take it 15 to 45 before so that's how it times out I guess. In comparison, if I take Shock Therapy 10 minutes after a huge shake, I feel it, with this **** on a semi empty stomach I feel nothing, at 3 times the amount that I take of Shock Therapy

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Yah, anything else by VPX is crap. I saw that as soon as CEE came out they added an ester molecule to every one of their products. BCAA ethyl ester? Give me a break.

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
I did not feel much off of Superpump either. But try Sizeon it is unbelievable! Great pumps and vascularity from the first time I took it. I do stack the two now.

dwass

dwass

Awards
Yah, anything else by VPX is crap. I saw that as soon as CEE came out they added an ester molecule to every one of their products. BCAA ethyl ester? Give me a break.
haha... as I look at the Muscle Nitrous box...

"NEW w/ Arginine Ethyl Ester."

:woohoo:

And to add insult to a crappy product, it looks like jizz.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a fan of working out on any sort of empty stomach so I try and hit the gym about 90 minutes after my meal, and it says to take it 15 to 45 before so that's how it times out I guess. In comparison, if I take Shock Therapy 10 minutes after a huge shake, I feel it, with this **** on a semi empty stomach I feel nothing, at 3 times the amount that I take of Shock Therapy
Ok, I'm not defending this product (quite frankly, the stuff left me kind of cold too, when I finally got to a dose that was high enough to see some good pumps....well, they don't call it superdump for no reason), but you've just clearly stated that you were unable or unwilling to take the product properly (sorry dude, NOX products must be taken on an empty stomach), and are all up in arms 'cause it didn't work?

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
The problem with all NO products is that they tell you to take on an empty stomach. But how can that be when they say we should eat every 2 to 3 hours.There's no such thing as an empty stomach.

dangermouse

Awards
Got a tub of it months ago. I first tried it at the recommended dose, but all I got was a headache and the runs. :( I found that if I cut the dose to about one-half scoop that I could tolerate the product, but I really noticed no benefit in the gym.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The GNC NO stuff got me pumped, or maybe it was all the caffeine they put in there. Maybe ill just take a scoop of protein powder and a cup of coffee of black tea next time before i work out. Arginine and Glutamine are great amino acids and I think they are in most of the NO formulas. They are in the GNC NO formula. Im debating on whether or not to try the stuff again. I liked it before a work out and it tasted great.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
There is a difference between an 'empty' stomach and when to dose NO. I dont know about you, but with proper pre w/o nutrition, the longest you should wait before eating before a w/o is 2 hours, and your stomach is still not "empty". The main concern is not to take it near a meal because fiber inhibits the effects of argnine. Also read that I took Shock Therapy in the same manner and felt as if I was hopped up. I took v12 the same way too, and nitrous, and also white blood, since that is what the labels instruct. Each product yielded more results. If I have taken every single one in the same exact manner, I do not blame my pre workout eating habits but the effectiveness of the product itself. It shows the uneffectiveness of it in comparison to other compounds if I can take it a while after my preworkout meal and feel nothing, yet take Shock Therapy right after a huge shake, with lots of fiber and calories and still feel it.

anabolicandre

Awards
Caffiene in high doses for some seems to cause vaso-constriction.

Maybe the caffiene in the SP250 work againt the NO portion of the product. Cause the other NO products you listed dont contain caffiene or other stimulants. Just a speculation.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
The problem with all NO products is that they tell you to take on an empty stomach. But how can that be when they say we should eat every 2 to 3 hours.There's no such thing as an empty stomach.
Empty stomach (where supps are concerned)=1.5 hours after your last meal and .5 hour before your next meal.

So it is possible....however I tend to agree with you that a supp that requires you ingest on an "empty" stomach is suspect since I also agree that when training, you should never really be hungry...empty stomach=catabolic environment IMO.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Caffiene in high doses for some seems to cause vaso-constriction.

Maybe the caffiene in the SP250 work againt the NO portion of the product. Cause the other NO products you listed dont contain caffiene or other stimulants. Just a speculation.
Good point, but I wonder if the 200 mg (if memory serves?) in SP250 is really enough to decrease effectiveness?

:wtf: we're all just guinea pigs anyway.....

picasso

Awards
I buy bulk AAKG (custom nutrition warehouse has it cheap) and pre-make mixes of 4g AAKG powder along with bulk powder: Taurine N-Acetyl-L-Glutamine Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL Citrulline Malate Arginine Pyroglutamate Carnosine

I take this 30 minutes before I start drinking my workout blend of 4 to 1 carbs/protein mix and get the best pumps of my life!

A premium performance mix at a great price. Mix them up a week in advance for convenience, and it's better than any mix out there.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
There is a difference between an 'empty' stomach and when to dose NO. I dont know about you, but with proper pre w/o nutrition, the longest you should wait before eating before a w/o is 2 hours, and your stomach is still not "empty". The main concern is not to take it near a meal because fiber inhibits the effects of argnine. Also read that I took Shock Therapy in the same manner and felt as if I was hopped up. I took v12 the same way too, and nitrous, and also white blood, since that is what the labels instruct. Each product yielded more results. If I have taken every single one in the same exact manner, I do not blame my pre workout eating habits but the effectiveness of the product itself. It shows the uneffectiveness of it in comparison to other compounds if I can take it a while after my preworkout meal and feel nothing, yet take Shock Therapy right after a huge shake, with lots of fiber and calories and still feel it.

I hear you...

For me I notice a signifigant decrease in effectiveness from NOX products is evident based on my eating habits (and yes, this includes Nitrix and White Blood).

:hammer: They're all ok I guess, but frankly, I've pretty much decided that NOX products are all pretty silly anyway...people take NOX for the same reason they walk in the gym and sling around more weight than they can possibly control....EGO. NOX makes you look and feel just a little bigger and fuller than you actually are with no proven long term hypertrophic or recovery benifits....I for one feel that my money is better spent elsewhere.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Also as I said earlier, a true pump is based on your workout intensity and routine more than some supplement. I just like the energy Shock Therapy gives me. On Max Effort days when there is a ****load of weight in front of me on the rack, if I have that concentration I'm just like "Ok time to go" and I never feel tired. I notice no size increases or any of the other mumbo jumbo

IronMarc

Awards
If you're going to go with any NO product, just go with NO-Explode....its to me, the best NO product out.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Size On or Superpump 250?

CROWLER

IronMarc

Awards
Yes, I've tried sample packs...I am not sure if the doses were effective, but why would they give out a sample if it's not going to work?

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am a Dymatize Xpand user. Works well and doesn't taste too bad either.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
True.

I do not sell any of them so that is not why I am asking.

But you like the NO-Explode maybe I will try that one.

I have been thinking of getting Size ON as I have heard from guys who are not sup reps and who have been in the game a long time and they were VERY suprised and happy it worked.

I have a couple trial sizes, I will try them out.

CROWLER

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I got SP250 samples from a local sup store when R. Gaspari made an apperance and was handing them out. Really liked it but $47 for 20 servings!
And Sam doesn`t carry it last time I checked.

IronMarc

Awards
The best pump I have ever recieved from any supplement was while loading with Cell-Tech, I had such a huge pump in my forearms while doing bicep curls, I had to drop 25lb dumbells because my forearms were in such pain. (I was doing a rack run, which is basically a huge drop set) Anyway, it was probably all the dextrose in the Cell-tech that did it. But I am always interested in new NO reviews, because the stuff has great potential, I even heard from the guy who trains with Dexter Jackson @ the Arnold Classic that NO products can be effective.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
I will never purchase a Gaspari or BSN product again. NO-explode was very sub par. Honestly, the only consistantly good brand I have found is Universal Nutrition. Storm and Shock Therapy are great and I've used their older creatine products and like them as well.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I will never purchase a Gaspari or BSN product again. NO-explode was very sub par. Honestly, the only consistantly good brand I have found is Universal Nutrition. Storm and Shock Therapy are great and I've used their older creatine products and like them as well.

What Gaspari product did you use?

CROWLER

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
I just started stacking SP250 and SizeOn this week, three workouts so far and I can honestly say they were the best three workouts I've had in a long time. Today was arm day and I don't ever remember being that pumped, it felt awsome. I don't know if this will translate into actual muscle growth but the feeling alone was worth the price. 2 scoops of SP250 30 minutes pre-w/o and 1 scoop SizeOn during works out to about 4 bucks. I know guys that spend more than that on a beer at the pub after work...

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Size ON and Superdump2sh1tty are both made by Gaspari.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
GTOman. Try Shock Therapy. If you liked Superpump, Shock Therapy will blow you away. I'm not a rep by the way.

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
GTOman. Try Shock Therapy. If you liked Superpump, Shock Therapy will blow you away. I'm not a rep by the way.
Who makes Shock Therapy? Might have to give it a try when this tub is done. I'll try just about anything once...

Tryintogrow

Awards
I have only tried the NO Explode. Works well for me. I don't take it so much for the pump as I do the energy during my workout which creates a better environment for me to lift. Helps me with focus but I think that comes along with the energy it is providing. I'm 36 years old and need all the energy I can get.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Universal Nutrition. It's about half the price of ST

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
Size ON and Superdump2sh1tty are both made by Gaspari.

Wow, you didnt get anything off SizeON?? That's very odd. SizeOn gave me the best results from any creatine product I've ever tried. I just took my first dose of SuperPump today and I do hve the runs, but I'm going to give it a few days to get used to (as the product label states).

But I wholeheartedly disagree with you about Gaspari products. I've been using bbing supps and AAS for years and Gaspari makes one of the best lines out there. Halodrol, Thyrotabs, SizeOn...they're all worth the money. Jury is still out on SuperPump but I'm certainly not gonna bash it just yet. Anyway, just my 2 cents...gotta go take another dump. :frustrate

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with you here Rocky. I work in a supp store and have literally tried EVERY major brand's creatine/NO products and have to say that SizeOn is by far the best Creatine I have used.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be stacking the SuperPump with the SizeOn for a while to see how it works out. I know what I got during my post cycle therapy from the SizeOn, so I should be able to tell a difference (if any) from the SuperPump. I also just started a little 6 week cutting cycle of sust, H-50, and m-TRN. I'm anxious to see how good of a pump I can get without carbs.

The best pumps I've gotten are

1. DBol/Test
2. IGF-1/SizeOn/lots of carbs

so time will tell...

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Wow, you didnt get anything off SizeON?? That's very odd. SizeOn gave me the best results from any creatine product I've ever tried. I just took my first dose of SuperPump today and I do hve the runs, but I'm going to give it a few days to get used to (as the product label states).

But I wholeheartedly disagree with you about Gaspari products. I've been using bbing supps and anabolic steroids for years and Gaspari makes one of the best lines out there. Halodrol, Thyrotabs, SizeOn...they're all worth the money. Jury is still out on SuperPump but I'm certainly not gonna bash it just yet. Anyway, just my 2 cents...gotta go take another dump. :frustrate
Have not used SizeOn I do not believe. It could work very well, I have no idea really. The best creatine so far for me is Controlled Labs MAGnitude, so maybe after that is done I will try the SizeOn. I never felt good on the SuperDump, I think honestly it has too many things in it at too low of doses to work effectively. I believe it also has a fairly decent amount of caffeine which could have counteracted the pump affect for me.

In the end, I do not buy NO products any more. Right now I am starting to powerlift and there is really nothing I do where a pump is super beneficial.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya. I never had great luck with NO either, but I figured I'd try Gaspari's because I've had such great success with his other products. I just hope the laxative effect goes away soon. Doin legs tomorrow and I dont wanna leave a surprise on the floor in the power rack.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Reguarding the guys that have gotten good results from size-on, are u taking it everyday, do u think daily dosing is neccessary?????

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reguarding the guys that have gotten good results from size-on, are u taking it everyday, do u think daily dosing is neccessary?????
I was, but given the Glucose bonding I'm not sure if it would be neccessary as serum levels should be achieved so quickly. I was dosing it directly Pre-WO, not intra. Though if I am not mistaken Rokcy was drinking it during.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I was (and am) drinking it during...I'm sure immediately pre is just fine too. I just like to sip on something sweet instead of just plain water. I'll drink about half of it, then start diluting it at the water fountain so it lasts the whole session. As far as daily dosing, I missed a day and trained anyway and the pump wasnt as good (keep in mind this was during post cycle therapy so that could be due to many factors).

Regarding the SuperPump, I'm trying it today following a 3 hour "fast". I just started my diet and for some reason I'm not craving foods like I normally do. I'm going from a 4500 cal to 3000 cal diet and dropping my carbs from 400+ to 100 (and eventually 50 with a 4 day cycle - carb up day will be 400 or so). I'll let you all know if this affects the absorption at all. I'm still a little wary (esp since I upped it to 2 scoops) so I'm gonna do back today instead of legs, and no deadlifts. I'm on day 2 of H-50/m-trn, and will be taking my first pin of sust today so any effects will still be from the SuperPump/SizeOn. These orals work mightly fast though. Last time I ran Halodrol I felt it by day 3.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
Ok well it's about 3.5 hours post SuperDump ingestion and no runs to speak of. I did up the dose to 2 scoops. As far as pumps, they were good, but not measurably better than with just the SizeOn. I will say that I had the best workout I've ever had eating 100 g carbs. Was able to blast out DB rows with the 160's for 8 reps, a personal best for me, but that's only because I returned to a gym that I hadnt been at for a long time, and they now have dumbells up to 200. Next back workout I'm goin for the 170's. I can't lie though, I definitely attribute some of the success of the session to a placebo effect of getting back on test. Pinned 500 mg sust before I left for the gym and man...it's good to be back!!

I will say that the one thing I definitely do notice from the SuperPump is the caffeine. I dont know how much is in there, but it's a good amount. I have a VERY high tolerance for stims, but after ingesting 2 scoops of the SuperPump I went to pin my sust and my hands were shaking. I definitely felt focussed and energized for a hard workout after a grueling day at work.

It's only day 2, but as of right now I'll say that the SuperPump isnt bad, but I probably wouldnt use it again. I can spend $45 much more wisely (like on another tub of SizeOn). Its not completely worthless, just a little bit of a disappointment. But as I keep using it may improve. Scheduled for legs tomorrow and I was pleased to see that my re-vamped gym now has 2 heavy duty leg sleds so I can finally go past 1170 lbs on the leg press.

FWIW, just so we're clear on what else is in play, here's my little cuttin cycle I threw together. Diet is 3000 cals 350-400 g protein, 100 g carbs for 4 days, then 400-500 on every 5th day. I'm startin at 260 lbs. Dont care where i end up, I'm goin by the mirror.

week 1-8 sust 1000 mg
week 1-4 halodrol 50 mg ED
week 1-4 M-trn 6 mg ED
week 1-8 GH 4 IU EOD

Using 2 servings dails of cycle support, multi, omega 3-6-9, 8 sesathin caps daily, 6 CLA daily, CoQ10. I have Gaspari thyrotabs and tons of the original Stacker2's on hand, but I'm only going to use them if A) i start to stagnate and/or B) my appetite starts to become a problem. TBH I dont wanna get back on the ephedrine if I dont have to. I have such a hi tolerance for it that after 2 weeks if I'm not taking 75 mg then I'm a zombie.

enzo1

Awards
I picked up a jug of this stuff a few months ago. I just tried it yesterday. I took it on an empty stomach about 30-40 minutes of working out. I started to notice some increased energy, foggy head, and a little shaky. Worked out for an hour and half went home and started to feel even more of the stimulant effects. I stared to feel my heart beating so I took my pulse and it was 110 while standing and 104 at rest. BP was a little low from compensation. I have to say for at least three hours the effects from this stuff increased and lasted for six hours. I am more susceptible to stimulants then most but for me this stuff worked. I did develop a mild intermittent headache but I can't say if it was from working 8 hours with no break, no food, then working out. Overall, this product worked for me but I did not tolerate the effects very well. I am going to try to titrate the dose so I am not getting such a strong physiological response to the stimulants. Other then the stimulant effects did not notice much else. I might have felt a mild NOX effects with the low bp but my bp tends to be lower an hour or so after working out. Mentally this stuff did not leave me sharp but rather fogged my head a little. I tried the blue rasberry flavor. I agree with the previous poster you have to choke this stuff down. The funny thing is it states to mix a scoop with 4-8 ounces of water and I have to use like 16-20 just to get it down. The mixability is very poor with clumps at the top whether it is shaken or stirred.

Tryintogrow

Awards
Done with NO boosters

I am finished with NO boosters. I tried NO Explode then superpump. Bad headaches with both and diahrreah with superpump as an added bonus. I have a brand new jug of superpump I'm going to take to the gym and give away. Actually I'll probably anger someone for giving them the green apple splats, better throw it away. I now just drink a Lo Carb Monster energy drink pre workout and get outstanding energy. I tried the regular energy drinks with sugar (corn syrup) in them and they made me crash later.