I train to RETAIN.. sort of..

1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I train to RETAIN.. sort of..

Eww, it's methylated!! Had to get that out first.. Here's my experience with Retain, the AX version..

Dose: Took 3 ED, one cap spread out over the day.. Took them after a meal, so I'm not sure if that messed with absorbsion..

Results: Not sure if any, really.. Went thru 1.5 bottles and nada.. Still weigh 203, not much of a change I notice.. My girl mentioned my quads seemed thicker lately, which is always a good comment. .

Maybe mBaet isn't meant for my species, I'll stick with Impact Ultra..

Who else used Retain and got good/bad results? Maybe I wasn't on it long enough, who knows..

2. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%

Are you still beating me up about the methyl toxicity thing? Let it go man,... sheesh. jk
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.84%

Thanks for the feedback, anyone else? I'm going to be using it for PCT for HH.
    •   

4. Handsome and intelligent
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.92%

Pete, did you notice any cardiac effects?
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.33%

I ran it for a while during PCT, no noticeable side effects. I kept most of what i gained on cycle (modest gains) but could not definativley attribute that to the Retain. Going to run it again soon.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

i used both Uher and Retain as part of pct.

i know my nuts got huge, my strength definitely went up faster than ergomax and i attribute that to the Uher - even with the protein intake and what not, i ended up losing most of what i gained when i finished the pct. Retain - not really sure ...

not really sure what happened. food intake stayed the same, healthy, etc. either way, i seemed to lean up and looked better than before... my total test was a 752 out of a 820 or something (my doc said i am in the 90% range for the big T) on the bloodwork..for some reason, that is the only testosterone the bloodwork showed.??

Plus my liver values were all good and in check. just my cholesterol is wacked -but that is genetics....

shct
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.97%

Big Pete, how do you like ALRI Impact Ultra? What was the most noticable benefit. Also, how often and how much did you dose (1ml 2ml?). Thanks!
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.55%

bigpete,

I have to say I also was not to impressed with Retain. Of course in the past I have used androsteneTRIOL to good effect. But it was the unmethylated version. This may be one of the times that the methylation changes the tertiary structure of the molecule and thus somehow renders it less effective. I know that straight androTRIOL is quite effective in my opinion for anticatabolism. Of course no one has seen fit to come out with a solo product and my old connection dried up.

Mr.50
  9. Anabolic Xtreme Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.53%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Eww, it's methylated!! Had to get that out first.. Here's my experience with Retain, the AX version..

Dose: Took 3 ED, one cap spread out over the day.. Took them after a meal, so I'm not sure if that messed with absorbsion..

Results: Not sure if any, really.. Went thru 1.5 bottles and nada.. Still weigh 203, not much of a change I notice.. My girl mentioned my quads seemed thicker lately, which is always a good comment. .

Maybe mBaet isn't meant for my species, I'll stick with Impact Ultra..

Who else used Retain and got good/bad results? Maybe I wasn't on it long enough, who knows..
    What were your goals with using Retain?
    What were your exact expectations?

It's a staple for my PCTs. AX Rep or no AX rep, I will always use Retain ofr my PCTs and one future cutting phase.....that's why I'm so curious with your results.
  10. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.22%

Quote Originally Posted by shct
    i used both Uher and Retain as part of pct.

i know my nuts got huge, my strength definitely went up faster than ergomax and i attribute that to the Uher - even with the protein intake and what not, i ended up losing most of what i gained when i finished the pct. Retain - not really sure ...

not really sure what happened. food intake stayed the same, healthy, etc. either way, i seemed to lean up and looked better than before... my total test was a 752 out of a 820 or something (my doc said i am in the 90% range for the big T) on the bloodwork..for some reason, that is the only testosterone the bloodwork showed.??

Plus my liver values were all good and in check. just my cholesterol is wacked -but that is genetics....

shct
    ATD causes falsely elevated T levels on bloodwork. I'm not sure if the methylation in UHer prevents the inflated #s. If possible, get it done again w/o any ATD in your system for a long time (I don't know the half life).
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

beowulf,

its been over 2-1/2 to 3 months since i have used Uher.

i gotta think that a good period of time for a 30 day pct.

shct
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.22%

Then you're a lucky bastard

That sucks about the gains disappearing.
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.63%

I may have lost most of the size I gained but the one thing that has brought me back - BSN No-Xplode. I cant believe this stuff works this well. My strength is close to were I was when I didn't my ergomax cycle and pct. Its amazing

Im thinking of tempting another cycle of something but unsure of what...definitely not SD...and wanting to stay away from any progesterone-type products.

shct
  14. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.24%

Quote Originally Posted by c-los 21
    What were your goals with using Retain?
    What were your exact expectations?

It's a staple for my PCTs. AX Rep or no AX rep, I will always use Retain ofr my PCTs and one future cutting phase.....that's why I'm so curious with your results.
    I used it during my never-ending PCT.. I came off Impact Ultra and ran the Retain with clomid.. My expectations were simple: Retain my gains..

I'm not counting it out just yet, but I do intend to try SNS Reduce XT to see if there is any difference in effect..
  15. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.24%

Unitas: Impact Ultra is a good product.. I took 1ml 3x per wk, noticed more vascularity, recovery was great, leaned out abit.. If I can find a place that sells it, I'd buy more I'm down to my last 2 bottles..

Robboe: No cardiac issues, if you mean blood pressure changes and rhythm changes..
  16. Anabolic Xtreme Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.53%

I used it during my never-ending PCT.. I came off Impact Ultra and ran the Retain with clomid.. My expectations were simple: Retain my gains..

I'm not counting it out just yet, but I do intend to try SNS Reduce XT to see if there is any difference in effect..
    Take Retain for an absolute max of 8 weeks or less. But never more...your body will get immune to it.

You're following protocol when taking it with food, soo you're good.

Since you have mantained your weight at 203, it means you're at least retaining your weight. But I'm more curious about the LBM, so let us know how it turns out with that issue.

Good Luck
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.35%

Supersoldier was running blood tests with LX maybe we could talk him into trying retain.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.24%

Originally posted by c-los21
    Take Retain for an absolute max of 8 weeks or less. But never more...your body will get immune to it.

You're following protocol when taking it with food, soo you're good.

Since you have mantained your weight at 203, it means you're at least retaining your weight. But I'm more curious about the LBM, so let us know how it turns out with that issue.

Good Luck

Very clear and analytical!

I'm actually down 201, 9.6%bf, body water is 55% (got one of them hi-tech Tanita scales).. Maybe I should run it longer, I'll try again since I have 30 caps left and I'll buy another bottle..

Any more hits/misses anyone care to post?
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.33%

How do you like that scale. Is it somewhat accurate in regards to b/f?
  20. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.24%

I'd say it has its moments.. It told me I was 206lbs @ 23.4%bf when I first set it up..

Now it's used to me, just told me I was 201 @ 9.8% with bodywater @ 58%..
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.8%

Unitas: Impact Ultra is a good product.. I took 1ml 3x per wk, noticed more vascularity, recovery was great, leaned out abit.. If I can find a place that sells it, I'd buy more I'm down to my last 2 bottles..
    I second that. Impact Ultra works good. On cycle it works well because of Formestane Acetate. I had bad results with "Ultra Hotter" so I used it, impact ultra, for the last four weeks of a cylce followed by Retain for four more weeks. Worked well for me but anyway back to the thread......
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.97%

So far I am liking Impact Ultra too. Unfortunately the injections hurt like a biotch.
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.55%

This was alway my problem.

By the way Bigpetefox I haven't forgotten about you, just keep forgetting to check in the morning.

Mr.50

Quote Originally Posted by unitas27
    So far I am liking Impact Ultra too. Unfortunately the injections hurt like a biotch.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Type of Training to Keep Muscle While On Cut
    By Dlauth in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
  2. WHAT SORT OF TRAINING?
    By ez222 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
  3. A question about training to failure...
    By Gaf Knee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 11:23 PM
  4. Training to improve throws
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 02:42 AM
  5. Adipose Tissue: What is it & How to get rid of it
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 09:29 PM