BigV's LipidFX log

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
This will be my log for Scivation's Lipid FX. Thanks again Derek for choosing me as a tester, really excited based on what Ive read in other logs!

Started yesterday at 2 caps 2x per day.

Im running this solo with my standard 'bare bones' supplement regimen (multi, D-Liver, VitaminC, Calcium, Zinc)

Will be adding Cissus Q in a week or so to assist in staying anabolic during the cut.

Diet/training info to follow.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well I woke up this morning feeling a little off, and ended up calling into work after hugging the toilet for an hour or so. Food poisoning!!! Damn it all, Ill have to pick this log up tomorrow...

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well that sucked...all I had to eat yesterday was a bannana and some chicken soup:)

All better now though, delts/bis/tris today. It was a short workout:

Military Press:(just started doing these again after a year or two away from them due to shoulder impingement..so dont laugh at those massive poundages!!:))
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12

Dumbell Shrugs:
100s x 15
110s x 15
120s x 12

Lateral Raises:
25s x 12
30s x 12
30x x 10

Hammer Curl + Double Bicep Cable Curl
60s x 10 + 12 reps
60s x 10 + 10 reps (weight increase)
60s x 8 + 10 reps (weight increase)

EZ-Bar Lying Tricep Extension:
115 x 12
115 x 10
115 x 8

Cardio 12 min

A pretty weak workout, but I felt like crap after not eating at all the day before and being under the weather. I also kind of 'fell off the wagon' after my nice PowerFull/CET/etc cycle, took a week off then only managed to get to the gym 2-3 days a week for the past 3 weeks, and Ive been skimping on the cardio.

Stats are about the same as they were at the end of that cycle, BF may be a tad higher but should come right off now that Im back at it.

Diet:
I have to get back to measuring things, but at the moment Im just eating 6 meals a day and weighing out my protien portions. Planning on a carb-cycling routine but havent worked out the specifics yet.

2nd day on LipidFX...

BV

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Glad you've surpassed the porcelin (sp) God. Good luck.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As you go, could you comment on the appettite suppression from the LFX? I'm interested in this aspect of it.

Thanks,
dd

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Give us some pics!!!!
I just put the link to last month's log in my sig...there's some pics in there. Crappy cell phones pics, Ill try to get some better ones up soon.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Definitely starting to feel some appetite suppression...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Man, I have been busy as hell..been so hard to focus on diet and training!! After I finish with this cut, Im strongly considering hiring Bobo to get me started on a lean bulker. I know how to do it myself, but Im sure Ill get a lot more focused knowledge from him, not to mention the motivation.

Anyway,

After being sick tuesday, and only getting 4 hours of sleep wednesday and thursday night, I had to legs on Friday. I was completely dragging ass by the time I got out of work, so when I got home I took two C2 caps, and by my 3rd set I was tearing it up. Best leg day Ive had in a while AND I still had the energy to hit up 30 min of cardio with an HR ~145Bpm! Just a testament to how good that product is...

I do believe I am starting to look leaner, and as mentioned above the LipidFX is definitely suppressing appetite. I had a mobile recording session yesterday with a local band - ended up there a good 7 hours later than I anticipated and barely felt hungry at all, with only some snacks here and there. I was still silently freaking out because I knew I needed to get protien in.

Usually Im ravenous every 3 hours like clockwork.

BV

Last edited:
BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I am definitly losing fat. Woke up this morning, Im 1lb lighter and my belt went down a hole. I also see slightly more definition in my abs and arms.

Cool thing is - due to how busy Ive been I only went to the gym twice last week, and only hit up cardio on leg day. Diet has been really clean..

Time to start hitting it up proper...looks like LipidFX ain't no joke!:D

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Great Back workout today! Im trying to get to the gym a bit early each day in order to get in a full 90 minutes (usually Im there for about an hour - but I really need the extra 30 for cardio)

Training:

Bent Over Barbell Row
225 x 12
225 x 9
235 x 7
205 x 12

Weighted Chins
35 x 9
25 x 11
BodyWeight x 15

High Bench Rows
70 x 12 (2 sec hold)
80 x 12 (2 sec hold)
90 x 10 (2 sec hold)

Close Grip Seated Rows

Bent Over Lateral Raises + Cross Body Hammer Curls
25 x 12 + 40 x 12
25 x 10 + 40 x 10
30 x 10 + 40 x 10

Abs:
Hanging JackKnife + Cable Crunches
15 + 15
15 + 12
12 + 10

I blasted right through it and got in 20 minutes of cardio - felt great! I took pics, if you compare them to the pics from my previous log, you can see a small but definitely noticable drop in bodyfat.

Im trying to up the reps a bit, and really focus on form and the contraction.

Attachments

Last edited:
BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Legs yesterday, got to the gym a little late but still managed to get in a good workout and 20 minutes of cardio.

I also started incorporating 'one legged smith machine squats' into my routine, and I really like them. A lot of stress at the top of the thigh and a great 'finisher' after the heavier stuff.

Appetite down a bit, fat loss seems to be progressing nicely. I really need to get at LEAST 4 days at 20-30 min a day of cardio if Im really going to meet my goals.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up Big V!
Thanks brutha:)

Workouts are really starting to pick up steam...finally getting up the motivation to kick it into high gear and loose this last bit-o-chunk. Im not so concerned with the heaviest of weights right now...Im really focusing on feeling the movement and increasing the intensity of the muscular contraction, etc. I think that's why Ive been stagnating for so long...kept doing the same workout and expecting different results.

Anyway, nice chest workout last night:

Flat Barbell Bench Press:
135 x 15 (warmup)
245 x 12
255 x 10
265 x 7

Incline DB Press + Flye Superset, decending angle
95s x 12 + 45s x 12
95s x 8 + 45s x 10
95s x 6 + 45s x 8

Weighted Dips
Bodyweight x 20 (warmup)
BW + 90lbs x 12
BW + 95lbs x 8
BW + 45lbs x 12

Cable Cross-Overs + Tricep Pressdown
Sets of 12, 12, 10

Cardio - 15min

Great chest workout, and my pecs are nice and sore from the top by my clavicle right through the lower chest.

Today is a low-carb day diet-wise...Ill have to get to the gym a little earlier to get that full 30 min of cardio in too.

I am not experiencing any cramping, although Im more thirsty than usual.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Great back workout on Wednesday, ended up pulling 405 x 13 and I had a couple more left in there:) Endurance is defintely up. Seem, to be slightly leaner in the midsection, although by the end of the day it looks like Im holding onto some water.
Arms/delts tonight, legs tomorrow.

Appetite suppression seems to be the same. Im not that hungry in the morning although by noon Im starving. I would say my appetite seems slightly suppressed, but it does seem that my normal hunger patterns have returned this week.

Starting next week Ill be hitting up the cardio 5 days a week rather than 4...
BV

Last edited:
BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Good arm workout tonight. Bicep strength even better than it was when I was 240:) Tris about the same.

I checked bodyfat tonight with my FatTrackII, ~11 or a little above. I was probably back up to 12% by the beginning of the month after slacking at the gym and not being strict about diet.

Im making it a point to get up half hour earlier and get my cardio in in the morning before breakfast.

This fat must go!!

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
After taking a good look at Derek's contest prep diet, I decided to modify my own along those lines. With the 40/40/20 Ive been on, it is going to take way too much cardio to get the fat off. I dont mind doing the cardio, I just dont have the time...90minutes 4 days a week is about all I can fit into my schedule, and I like to hit the weights for about an hour per session.

The carb cycling approach makes alot of sense, hopefully in a few weeks Ill have some abs to show for it;)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Good back workout today, strength is holding steady. 2nd day on the new diet, being strict isnt hard. I figure Ill give it a couple weeks to see how it works for me - im a bit concerned over all the liquid meals but I assume with the Casein/Egg protien along with the healthy fats from almonds/peanut butter the digestion is slow enough.

Now, I have to order some egg and Casein so I can make my own bootleg ultrapeptide:)

BF% is slightly lower from when I started, but nothing significant yet. After starting super-loading w/BCAA's again my muscles look a bit fuller, and DOMS have really subsided.

You forget how effective that stuff is until you stop using it;)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So Ive taken it upon myself to stop working through my lunch break and hit the gym downstairs for some cardio sessions during the week. Just a brisk 30 minute walk on the treadmill..not much in the name of fat loss but it should help, especially with the carb-cycling. That combined with 4 20-30 minute mid-intensity sessions post workout every week should be pretty effective.

3 days into the new diet, and I think I already look a bit tighter...maybe its all in my head:)

BV

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Hey BV,

Awesome log so far! Was curious tho on your diet. I know you said you modified Derek's but could you post up a sample.

I am trying to figure a low carb for 2-3 weeks after my recomp to kick of my cutter. Just need some more ideas.

Thanks mate.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey JonesersRX7,

Im basically following Derek's diet, although Ive reduced the cals a bit (Im at ~2900). I think we're both about the same weight, but he's got at least 10lbs more LBM than me, is 2" shorter,7 years younger, and is a genetic super-freak:D

So right now it looks like this:

Meal1: 8am
4 Eggs
1 scoop AllTheWhey Blend
1 Cup Spinach or Broccoli
1 Bannana

Meal2: 12pm
1 scoop AllTheWheyBlend
1/2 cup NF Cottage Cheese
30 almonds

1:30pm 30 min walk

Meal 3:2pm
1 scoop AllTheWhey Blend
1/2 can Tuna
30 Almonds

Meal 4: 4pm
8 Oz Chicken Breast
1 cup Spinach Or Broccoli
30 Almonds

Meal 5: 6:30pm
1 scoop AllTheWhey Protien
1/2 Can Tuna
1/4 cup peanuts

Meal 6: 8pm
8 Oz lean meat protien
1 cup Spinach or Broccoli
~20g carbs from oatmeal,brown rice, etc

(Meal 6 is usually dinner that my fiance cooks, she pretty good about keeping up with my diet plans, but if I make her eat chicken everday she'll beat me:))

9:30 - 11:00pm Workout

Meal7 (PWO shake): 11pm
1 scoop AllTheWhey Blend

Meal8: 1am
4 Eggs
1/2 cup NF Cottage Cheese
1 cup Spinach or Broccoli

As per Derek's meal plan, every 3rd day Ill make one of the meals (meal 6 in my case) a carb-load with 75-80g of carbs from whole wheat pasta, brown rice, yams, etc.

I havent worked out the exact totals yet, but its about:

Calories: 2900 Carbs: ~95g Fat: ~120g Protien: ~370g

I really needed to change my diet up, the 40/40/20 worked great to get from 230 - 218 but Ive been stuck at my current BF% for a while. I think I needed more cardio under that plan, but I just dont have the time.

CKD worked really well for me, but I dont really want to go through that ATM...Im going to give this diet a shot and re-evaluate after 4 weeks. If this doesnt work, I think I will be giving Bobo a call:D

BV

Last edited:
JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot! I am going to run a similiar plan.. and if I stall or don't continue making progress I am going to use my next bonus to hire Bobo for a cut.

Good luck and keep it up...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I missed the damn gym tonight, but Ill hit it up Friday and Saturday. I really, really need the sleep anyway. Took a front - pic today and compared to the one from ~2 weeks ago I see some some slight results...

Abs a bit more defined, love handles a bit smaller. My waist is down 1/4".

I really can't wait to be lean, Im so sick of the chunk...

BV

Attachments

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I missed the damn gym tonight, but Ill hit it up Friday and Saturday. I really, really need the sleep anyway. Took a front - pic today and compared to the one from ~2 weeks ago I see some some slight results...

Abs a bit more defined, love handles a bit smaller. My waist is down 1/4".

I really can't wait to be lean, Im so sick of the chunk...

BV
Looking Good Big, you'll get there soon. Sometimes life gets in the way of being spot on with everything but the effort in trying to do so makes the man!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro:) Its on this week though, let me tell you. The cardio is the key in my case..:)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Looking Good Big, you'll get there soon. Sometimes life gets in the way of being spot on with everything but the effort in trying to do so makes the man!
Thanks Blutarski:) Aint that the truth. Im really turning it on now though - 20 min cardio M-Fri this week during my lunch break, and 20 min post workout.

So far, Ive been doing everything right as far as clean diet, etc - but my lacking factor has been the cardio training. I went from 18% - ~11% and then just plateaued. I dont know why its taken me so long to get motivated but its on now..hell I forgot my MP3 player AND my sneakers today and Im still going to hit up the treadmill in my hiking shoes:)

These next two weeks should be good.
Here's to hoping! Im sure they will be. Im going to start logging my diet each day on Fitday.com (something I always did religiously but have been neglecting due to time, etc).

BV

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well the cardio training is going great. I have no problem getting downstairs to the gym in the afternoon. This week Im at 20minutes, next week Ill go to 25, working my way up to 45 minutes per session, but i wont go above that for fear of going catabloic. Ive always neglected cardio, but Im really starting to like it. Especially running. After about 10 minutes I start feeling like Im floating...no wonder they call it the runner's high:)

All this time, Ive had all this information floating around my head, diet&training info, supplements, etc. I think I just needed to take a good hard look at my goals and my life style and construct a diet that was most effective with those things in mind.

That being said, I think keeping with a 40/40/20 diet and getting my cardio in will be the key for me to get <10%. I tried Derek's carb cycling plan strict for a week, and while It was relatively easy to follow - I think right now I really need the thermic effect of solid foods, as well as a little bit more in the way of low GI carbs in my diet.

Ive also reconstructed my diet, molded to my workouts. I weight train late at night, and yet I was carb tapering starting in the morning? It wasnt working...this time around, I start the day off with a bowl of oatmeal and then stay low carb until my pre workout meal, and then get ~30g of low GI carbs in PWO.

Hopefully, I should be semi-depleted when I hit the run in the afternoon, and have enough carbs to power through serious weight training in the PM.

Last meal is always high-protien/high fiber with <10g carbs and a bit of good fats.

Well, i think Ive got it:)

Anyway, to LipidFX notes: I think this stuff makes me *really* thirsty!! Ive upped my H2O intake quite a bit, and it seems to help out.

Well, 4 days into my new push and I think I see some serratus muscles poking through the flab. My inner arms are definitely a bit more defined.

Onward, to leanness!!:D

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Should have been keeping track of this all along, but:

Goal Calories: 2770
Achieved: 2716
Protien: 291g
Carbs: 213g
Fat: 75g

Macronutrient Ratio:
46/28/26 (P/C/F)
Fiber: 36.5g

Need a little more carbs and a little less fat...

Spent the evening at the InFlames/Trivium/DevilDriver show, so I know I burned off some cals there:D

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Goal Calories: 2500
Achieved: 2542
Protien: 266g
Carbs: 231g
Fat: 60g

Macronutrient Ratio:
44/34/22 (P/C/F)
Fiber: 28g

pretty sore today from the concert last night, got 25 min of cardio in the afternoon but took tonight off from the gym. Crowd surfer landed on my head, had fend off a bunch of hardcore dancing pansies...my delts are actually pretty sore from all the isometrics of having to hold my own in the 2nd row of a death metal show:D

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Goal Calories: 2600
Achieved: 2614
Protien: 267g
Carbs: 240g
Fat: 59g

Macronutrient Ratio:
43/35/22 (P/C/F)
Fiber: 27g

No cardio/gym today...way too busy at work so I missed my lunch break, came home and fell asleep on the couch. Got a for a bit to do some housework and check the forum.:)

Tomorrow Back + Arms 25 min cardio afternoon/ 20min PWO.
Sat Legs + Delts + 25 min cardio PWO.
Sunday Off

The increased cardio is definitely having an effect...noticing better definition in my abs already.

Diet wise, Im experimenting with a 'calorie cycling' approach...500 cals below maitenence for me is ~2650, so Im trying to do this:
Day 1: 2700cals
Day 2: 2600cals
Day 3: 2500cals
Day 4: 3100cals
repeat

seems to be working, Im looking forward to seeing how I look in 4 weeks.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
One more day with LipidFX...here are my thoughts:

I took 2 caps 2x per day as directed by the bottle for ~30 days. Initially, I noticed some definite appetite suppression but by the end of week 2 it was gone and I was just as hungry as ever:) Also, within those first two weeks I was hitting the weights 4x per week, but slacking on my cardio. (maybe 20 - 30 minutes a week total) Diet was very clean, although I wasnt tracking cals.

For those first 2.5-3 weeks, it looked like I leaned out slightly but it was nothing very noticable. I would just as soon attribute it to my diet being cleaner than the weeks before than I would to the LipidFX.

For the final week and a half, I found the motivation I'd been lacking, and really turned things up. Tracking everything I ate, and ensuring that I was getting in at least 5 20min sessions of mid-intensity (jogging) cardio, in addition to 4 weight training sessions. My bodyfat dropped noticably.

Again, its hard to attribute any of it to the LipidFX, as Im sure I would have seen results just from the renewed focus.

Honestly, I think I was under-dosing the stuff. I had talked to Derek about this a week or so ago and he recommended trying 2 caps 3x per day - but I wanted to give the trial a full 4 weeks so I didnt do that this time around. Also, I didnt recieve anything in the way of muscle cramps like other users report. That, and the fact the appetite suppression didnt hold make me thing I just need more of the active ingredients if its going to have an effect on lipolysis.

I did lean out a bit over the past few weeks, and Ive been plateaued at ~11-12% bodyfat for months, so that was nice. I think the LipidFX may have had a positive effect, but that effect was very slight, and that it would be worth trying again at a higher dosage. Its also proof that no supplement is going to allow me to get away without doing my cardio training, a fact that I have recently accepted with much chagrin:D

In another month, Ill trying running it again at 6caps per day and Ill run another log.

Big thanks to Derek and Scivation for the opportunity, I really appreciate it!!

BV

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you think it's possible that the product is causing you to retain extra water? Melting point caused me to retain alot of subcutaneous water, particularly around the midsection.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...Im not really sure, I cant say as though I noticed much. I think it did definitely have a water-binding effect though, as for the entire month I was somewhat constipated (I know that's too much info!:D), and that never happens as I pull in ~30g of fiber a day.

I also drink ~1.5+ gallons of water each day.

BV

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Did you notice any weight loss when you stopped Lipid Fx? My guess is your were holding some water which made it harder to notice fat loss. This was my problem when I was using it, then I dropped Lipid Fx and by day 2 I looked way different (much leaner). Dang water balance. Thanks for doing the log. Let us know if you decide to try a higher dosage of Lipid Fx.

One more day with LipidFX...here are my thoughts:

I took 2 caps 2x per day as directed by the bottle for ~30 days. Initially, I noticed some definite appetite suppression but by the end of week 2 it was gone and I was just as hungry as ever:) Also, within those first two weeks I was hitting the weights 4x per week, but slacking on my cardio. (maybe 20 - 30 minutes a week total) Diet was very clean, although I wasnt tracking cals.

For those first 2.5-3 weeks, it looked like I leaned out slightly but it was nothing very noticable. I would just as soon attribute it to my diet being cleaner than the weeks before than I would to the LipidFX.

For the final week and a half, I found the motivation I'd been lacking, and really turned things up. Tracking everything I ate, and ensuring that I was getting in at least 5 20min sessions of mid-intensity (jogging) cardio, in addition to 4 weight training sessions. My bodyfat dropped noticably.

Again, its hard to attribute any of it to the LipidFX, as Im sure I would have seen results just from the renewed focus.

Honestly, I think I was under-dosing the stuff. I had talked to Derek about this a week or so ago and he recommended trying 2 caps 3x per day - but I wanted to give the trial a full 4 weeks so I didnt do that this time around. Also, I didnt recieve anything in the way of muscle cramps like other users report. That, and the fact the appetite suppression didnt hold make me thing I just need more of the active ingredients if its going to have an effect on lipolysis.

I did lean out a bit over the past few weeks, and Ive been plateaued at ~11-12% bodyfat for months, so that was nice. I think the LipidFX may have had a positive effect, but that effect was very slight, and that it would be worth trying again at a higher dosage. Its also proof that no supplement is going to allow me to get away without doing my cardio training, a fact that I have recently accepted with much chagrin:D

In another month, Ill trying running it again at 6caps per day and Ill run another log.

Big thanks to Derek and Scivation for the opportunity, I really appreciate it!!

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Did you notice any weight loss when you stopped Lipid Fx? My guess is your were holding some water which made it harder to notice fat loss. This was my problem when I was using it, then I dropped Lipid Fx and by day 2 I looked way different (much leaner). Dang water balance. Thanks for doing the log. Let us know if you decide to try a higher dosage of Lipid Fx.
Hey Derek,

The week I came off Lipid FX I did lean out slightly, but I was also increasing cardio so Its tough to be sure what was the cause of it.

Im running another log for USP at the moment, but as soon as I come off I do plan to give LipidFX another shot. Ive got my diet/cardio/training down solid and Im really motivated to get ripped, it will be much easier to gauge the effects of the product now, especially at the higher dose I intend to run.

BV

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
BigVrunga Cycle Logs 32
Supplements 2
Supplements 0
Syr Supplements 18