Scivation LipidFX log by rusty319

rusty319

Awards
I was selected to test LipidFX for Scivation. A big thanks to you guys.

I received my LipidFX on Saturday. I was sicker than a dog unfortunately with one heck of a cold, so I haven't been able to start using it yet. I'll begin using it tomorrow as I'm finally starting to feel better now.

A little about me:

Sex: Male

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 260 lbs

Bodytype: Endo

Training experience: 25 years

Training Schedule/Protocol: Weight training on Tue, Thurs, Sat, lower sets (5-7 per body part), medium reps (8-10)

Cardio Schedule/Protocol: HIIT on Mon and Wed

Current supplements: Basics only, protein (Substance WPI ), multi-vitamin, fish oil

Current Diet: 40% Protein, 30% Carbs, 30% Fats

Short Term Goal: Try to reduce my bodyfat while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible

Long Term Goal: Same as above

Prescription/Recreational drugs: None

Supplement history: With 25 years experience, it's pretty much everything

I could list all the name brands, but it would be a long list.

Protein powders
Creatine
Fish oil
Multi-vitamins
Thermogenics
Energy products
Nootropics

Pretty much everything except AAS and pro-hormones, pro-steroids

For anyone who isn't familiar with the product:

Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
TTA 1000mg
(tetradecylthioacetic acid)
PhosphoLean 350mg
(standardized to 24% OEA (Oleoylethanolamide) and 14% EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate))
SEA 250mg
(Stearoylethanolamide)

http://www.scivation.com/product_8.html

rusty319

Awards
Day 1, Thursday 12/29/05

Sorry about the delay in posting my first day. My cold has flared back up and is kicking my butt.

The directions on the LipidFX bottle state to take two capsules twice a day with meals, about 6 to 8 hours apart. But I have read that Marc from Scivation recommends taking the two capsules 20 to 30 minutes before meals, so that is what I will be doing.

I took 2 capsules at 5 AM and two at 11:30 AM.

I didn't notice any appetite suppression. I did notice that I seemed to get a full feeling quicker than normal. Also, I normally eat my first three meals at 5:30 AM, 8:30 AM and at noon. I'm usually pretty hungry by my 8:30 meal, but today I worked right through the morning without getting hungry at all. I didn't even notice that I had misssed my meal! That's pretty impressive for me as I have a huge appetite and have to eat every three or so hours or I get cranky.

I trained legs today and didn't notice anything different during my workout.

Macros for today: 2815 cals - P 315 g (44.7%0, C 220 g (31.2%), F 75 g (21.4%)

rusty319

Awards
Day 2, Friday 12/30/05

I took 2 capsules at 5 AM and 2 capsules at 11:30 AM. I am still not experiencing any appetite suppression, but, boy, do I feel full more quickly. I have a poor satiety feedback loop, I often can overeat and not feel full until an hour later. Now, all of a sudden I get full half-way to two-thirds through my meal. I did get hungry for my 8:30 AM meal today, unlike yesterday.

I felt kind of lethargic today, but I'm still battling my stupid cold. I only got about five hours of not very quality sleep, so I can't really attribute the lethargy to the LipidFX.

Friday is a non-training day, so the lethargy wasn't a huge issue for me. Unfortunately, I messed up on my meal tracking, so I don't have any macros for today.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I didn't notice any appetite suppression.

Also, I normally eat my first three meals at 5:30 AM, 8:30 AM and at noon. I'm usually pretty hungry by my 8:30 meal, but today I worked right through the morning without getting hungry at all. I didn't even notice that I had misssed my meal!
I would consider that appetite supression ;)

rusty319

Awards
I would consider that appetite supression ;)
Yes, I guess you're right. I tend to think of appetite suppression as not being able to eat, but not wanting to eat is the same thing isn't it? I change my comment, it does provide appetite suppresion!

rusty319

Awards
Day 3, Saturday 12/31/05

It really does irritate me when I can't keep my logs updated. I finally went to the doctor because my cold just wasn't going away. It turned out that I has a bad case of bronchitis. This is the first time I've ever had it, it really kicked my but. Of course, it didn't help that I waited so long to go to the doctor. He told me that I had waited so long there was nothing he could really do, my immune system was already taking over, so he said prescribing me antibiotics wouldn't do me any good.

He also told me not to work out until I feel better, so that sucks.

I took my first two capsules at 8 AM and the second two at 5 PM. I was a good boy and didn't have any alcohol for New Year's Eve. On a side note I felt really bad for Dick Clark. He was still recovering from his stroke and I wonder if he should have sat out another year. But then again, some people probably enjoyed the fact he was back.

Macros for today: P 300 grams (39.2%), C 230 grams (30.0%), F 105 grams (30.8%)

rusty319

Awards
Day 4, Sunday 1/1/06

I went to church today and just took it easy the rest of the day. I am starting to feel a little better.

I took two capsules at 8 AM and 5:30 PM. My wife says she thinks I'm losing weight. That could be partly due to the bronchitis, but I am trying to keep my calories at maintenance levels, so it could be the LipidFX working already?

My macros for today: P 285 grams (41.2%), C 205 grams (29.6%), F 90 grams (29.2%) for a total of 2770 kcal.

rusty319

Awards
Day 5, Monday 1/2/06

Today is a work holiday for us, so I took my two servings at 8 AM and 4:30 PM. I'm feeling much better and intend to work out again tomorrow.

I am impressed with how quick I feel full on the LipidFX. I'm full after eating about half what I normally do. I have to force myself to finish my meals. I should probably go one day without trying to hit any specific calorie goals and see how much less I eat that day, just to see how much the LipidFX is effecting me. I'm an endomorph, though, so I am cautious about lowering my calories too much in fear that my metabolism will slow down. One day definitely shouldn't hurt though. I'll try this when I feel better.

My macros for today: P 330 grams (41.3%), C 255 grams (31.9%), F 95 grams (26.8%) for a total of 3195 kcalories.

Please don't read any further if you are sensitive to bathroom issues.:blink:

OK, now that my disclaimer is done, I have noticed something different with the LipidFX. Quite a few years ago I had a stomach ulcer hemmorage on me. I had to be hospitalized for five days and the doctor said I came close to dying from all the blood I lost. Because of that, I am still paranoid to this day and always check my bowel movements for blood before flushing the toilet. I noticed the first few days on the LipidFX that my stools seemed a little looser, but nothing really noticeable. Today, though, I noticed something really strange. When I checked it out, it really seemed like there was oil in the water along with my bowel movement.
It looked really odd, almost like an oil based salad dressing had been poured in. Yuck. I don't know if this is reflective of excess fats coming out from the LipidFX or what.

Jblake

Awards
The oil residue is interesting and disturbing at the same time. The optimistic part of me hopes it's from the fat you're losing. I don't even know if that's physiologically possible, it just occurred to me.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Was this just a one time thing?
Could be something you ate or a multitude of over things.

Please don't read any further if you are sensitive to bathroom issues.:blink:

OK, now that my disclaimer is done, I have noticed something different with the LipidFX. Quite a few years ago I had a stomach ulcer hemmorage on me. I had to be hospitalized for five days and the doctor said I came close to dying from all the blood I lost. Because of that, I am still paranoid to this day and always check my bowel movements for blood before flushing the toilet. I noticed the first few days on the LipidFX that my stools seemed a little looser, but nothing really noticeable. Today, though, I noticed something really strange. When I checked it out, it really seemed like there was oil in the water along with my bowel movement.
It looked really odd, almost like an oil based salad dressing had been poured in. Yuck. I don't know if this is reflective of excess fats coming out from the LipidFX or what.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is the first report of poop issues.

Keep us updated as your diet normalizes after the holidays.

rusty319

Awards
This is the first report of poop issues.

Keep us updated as your diet normalizes after the holidays.
Ha-ha! Marc said "poop".:rofl:

Seriously, it seems like an isolated incident. I haven't had any problems since. I am wondering if it possibly was not really oil, but excess mucous from my bronchitis. I was suffering from a lot of post nasal drip. Just as disgusting of a topic, but certainly more understandable.

rusty319

Awards
Day 6, Tuesday 1/3/05

I took my two servings at 5 AM and 11:30 AM. I'm noticing that when I eat breakfast at 5:30 I start sweating profusely. My guess is that this is an indication that excess calories are being burned off as heat instead of being stored as bodyfat. I haven't noticed this with any of the other meals yet, it may take a while for me to build up to that, given my propensity for adding bodyfat.

I went to the gym and did chest and back. I cut back a set on every exercise because I was still recovering from my illness. The workout seemed to go well.

I wasn't very hungry throughout the day, so I ended up a little short on protein, which threw off my whole 40/30/30 ratio.

Macros: P 250 grams (35.9%), C 240 grams (34.4%), F 92 grams (29.7%)

rusty319

Awards
Day 7, Wednesday 1/4/05

I took my two servings of LipidFX at 5 AM and 11:30 AM. More huge amounts of sweat after breakfast. I normally shower before I eat breakfast, I may have to change it to after breakfast, lol.

I did notice some slight cramping in my calf while slepping last night, but drinking some water relieved it. I don't think I had enough water during the day. I haven't had any problems with cramping other than this and I'm not taking in anything to prevent it. I know this has been an issue for some people taking TTA, but it hasn't been for me. I'm not noticing the water retention some have experienced either.

I did 30 minutes of HIIT today on the stationary bike.

Macros: P 255 grams (33.3%), C 265 grams (34.5%), F 110 grams (32.2%)

I got hungry at work in the afternoon and ate some pretzels from the snack machine. That upped my carbs more than I planned and I fell a little short on the protein again.

rusty319

Awards
Day 8, Thursday 1/5/06

Thursday is legs day. I hate legs day. My workout went fine.

I took my two capsules of LipidFX at 5 AM and 11:30 AM. The appetite suppression is still working well. I am only eating half of what I normally would at breakfast and lunch and feeling full. I don't notice the suppression as much at dinner time. The sweating is still there at breakfast, but not at lunch yet.

There are no other side effects to note than the sweating.

Macros: 3260 calories - P 330 grams (40.5%), C 260 grams (31.9%), F 100 grams (27.6%)

rusty319

Awards
Day 9, Friday 1/6/06

I take Fridays off from training. I took my two servings at 5 AM and at noon. The appetite suppression was so strong today I had to force myself to eat breakfast. Usually I am starving when I wake up. I am shocked at how effective the LipidFX is working. I am not over hyping here either, this stuff is really working. My wife has commented again that I am losing weight. My waist has gone down half an inch in only 9 days!

Macros for today: 3310 calories - P 315 grams (38.1%), C 265 grams (32.0%), F 110 grams (29.9%)

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Excellent feedback. I cannot take Lipid Fx before my carb-up meal because I have a hard time finishing all my carbs. I'm more full now at 3,500 cals a day using Lipid Fx then I was eating 5,500 cals a day.

I take Fridays off from training. I took my two servings at 5 AM and at noon. The appetite suppression was so strong today I had to force myself to eat breakfast. Usually I am starving when I wake up. I am shocked at how effective the LipidFX is working. I am not over hyping here either, this stuff is really working. My wife has commented again that I am losing weight. My waist has gone down half an inch in only 9 days!

Macros for today: 3310 calories - P 315 grams (38.1%), C 265 grams (32.0%), F 110 grams (29.9%)

rusty319

Awards
Day 10, Saturday 1/7/06

I took my two servings at 8 AM and 4:30 PM. The sweating seems a little less now. I did shoulders and arms today. My workout went well. I've noticed some people had lethargy on TTA products, but this hasn't been a problem for me on the LipidFX. I also haven't had any cramping or bloating either, so I'm a happy boy!

The appetite suppression is still there. I know that others have mentioned it in their logs, but you really have to keep track of when to eat your meals or you can easily miss one. I normally eat 4 or 5 meals a day, I can get by with no hunger pangs on three meals a day on the LipidFX. And I'm a big eater.

Macros for today: 3425 calories - P 330 grams (38.5%), C 290 grams (33.9%), F 105 grams (27.6%)

rusty319

Awards
Day 11, Sunday 1/8/06

I took my servings at 8 AM and 5 PM today. I only ate three meals today. Sunday is an off day for me, so no workout today.

Macros: 2645 calories - P 275 grams (41.6%), C 240 grams (36.3%), F 65 grams (22.1%)

Hmm, I ate more of a 40/40/20 ratio than a 40/30/30. I have been thinking of switching over anyway, maybe it was sub-concious on my part. Only 65 grams of fat is pretty low for me.

rusty319

Awards
Day 12, Monday 1/9/06

Cardio today. I did 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill. I took my servings at 5 AM and 11:30 AM. The cardio went well. There's not much else to report other than the LipidFX is still giving me good appetite suppression and no side effects. My waist is definitely smaller. According to the scale I've lost two pounds, but it looks and feels like a little more than that. Hopefully, I adding muscle as I'm losing fat.

Macros: 3064 calories - P 290 grams (37.9%), C 260 grams (33.9%), F 96 grams (28.2%)

rusty319

Awards
Day 13, Tuesday 1/10/06

I took my two servings at 5 AM and 11:30 AM today. The sweating is definitely down, but the appetite suppression is up. I'm actually disinterested in eating. This has never been an issue for me as I've always been more of a live to eat rather than eat to live person. This is way cool. I have tried some other brands of appetite suppressants before to no avail, so I'm really impressed with the LipidFX so far. I was a little skeptical before I tried the product. (Hence, no "Rusty is on the fast train to weight loss with LipidFX!" title that you might see on some logs - j/k.)

I worked out back and chest today. Everything went well, I'm not noticing any strength loss or lethargy on the LipidFX.

rusty319

Awards
Day 14, Wednesday 1/11/06

We're at the two week point and I have definetly lost bodyfat. My pants were falling off of me at work today. I actually had to force myself to eat lunch today, I just wasn't interested in it. If LipidFX continues to perform like this it will be a mainstay in my supplement regimen.

I took my two servings at my usual weekday times, 5 AM and 11:30 AM. I did 30 minutes of HIIT cardio today, the session went very well.

I plan on doing some measurements again on Friday when I will have finished half the bottle.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
We're at the two week point and I have definetly lost bodyfat. My pants were falling off of me at work today. I actually had to force myself to eat lunch today, I just wasn't interested in it. If LipidFX continues to perform like this it will be a mainstay in my supplement regimen.
I feel ya!

rusty319

Awards
Day 15, Thursday 1/12/06

OK, so I fell behind in my log again. My sincere apologies.

I took two sevings of the LipidFX, one at 5 AM and one at noon. The appetite suppression is still up there. No side effects yet either. I did legs today with no problems. I'm starting to run out of new things to add to the log.

rusty319

Awards
Day 16, Friday 1/13/06

Man, did I have a crappy day at work today. It seemed everything went wrong that could go wrong and my boss was on my back all day. I was never so glad to see a day end.

I take the day after legs off, so no work out today. I took my two capsules at 5 AM and 11:30 AM.

I went home and measured myself. It's funny, I thought I posted my starting BF%, but I can't find it. I must have been having a senior moment. Anyways:

My starting weight was 260 lbs at 23.5% BF
My weight today was 254 lbs at 23% BF

Pretty darn good considering I have made no changes in my weight training or cardio and the only change in my diet is a reduction in calories caused by the LipidFX crushing my appetite. I have lost bodyfat without really trying! I cannot express how impressed I am with LipidFX. And, I am really trying hard not to over-hype it. It is just working wonders for me.

My wife has noticed a definite decrease in my waist size and I am almost down a notch on my belt. Again, this is without purposely cutting calories and with no increase in energy expenditure.

rusty319

Awards
Day 17, Saturday 1/14/06

Saturday is delts and arms day. That's my favorite day. I took my two servings at 8 AM and 5:30 PM. The appetite suppression is still there. I did notice an increase in DOMS in my legs today. I don't know if the LipidFX affected it or if I just hit my legs a little harder than I thought on Thursday.

rusty319

Awards
Day 18, Sunday 1/15/06

Sundays are off days for me. I took my servings at 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM. I have noticed that my water intake is up a little. I'm just a little bit thirstier on the LipidFX than I used to be, but it's nothing major. Today was the first time I had hunger pains in two weeks. I got really hungry around 1 PM for some reason, but the rest of my day was normal.

rusty319

Awards
Day 19, Monday 1/16/06

Monday is cardio day. I did 30 minutes of HIIT on the stationary bike. I felt like I could have gone longer, but I am really trying not to increase my cardio too much to see how much bodyfat the LipidFX is helping me lose without changing anything else.

Today started off as a typical Monday. I got up late and didn't have time to make a good breakfast. I forgot to take the LipidFX until 5:30 AM so I would have to eat my breakfast at work. As it turned out, things were kind of busy and I didn't have time to eat at 6. By 9 AM I still hadn't had time to eat, but I noticed I was not hungry at all. I never miss breakfast, this really surprised me. I was all messed up with my eating plan and missed my second serving of LipidFX all together.

Again, I promise that I am not a shill nor am I a Scivation employee or rep. I am not trying to over sell this product, but I am very pleased with the results so far.

rusty319

Awards
Day 20, Tuesday 1/17/06

Tuesday is chest and back day, my second favorite day. I took my two servings at 5 AM and 11:30 AM. There is nothing new to report other than the appetite suppression is still there and all is going well.

rusty319

Awards
Day 21, Wednesday 1/18/06

Wednesday is cardio day. I did 30 miutes of HIIT on the treadmill. I took my two servings of LipidFX at 5 AM and 11:30 AM today. The cardio went well. Appetite suppression is still good. I did have some minor cramping today, but I think that was from not drinking enough water throughout the day.

rusty319

Awards
Day 22, Thursday 1/19/06

Thursday is my least favorite day, legs. I have just never gotten into working my lower body. I only do it to keep away from the "light bulb" shape.

I took my LipidFX at 5 AM and noon. This was the first time that I've had any issues with hunger pangs that lasted all day. It's very stange. I was hungry all day long, :food: but I couldn't eat very much. I was starving for breakfast, I ate half of it and was stuffed. I literally couldn't take another bite. I was starving again by 8 AM and ate a small bowl of oatmeal and was full. Overly full. Uncomfortably full. My stomach was growling bad by noon, I took my LipidFX and couldn't wait 30 minutes, I had to eat at 12:20. I had a lean ground bison burger from the previous night that I warmed up. I could barely finish it! The same happened at supper. Very strange indeed.

rusty319

Awards
Day 23, Friday 1/20/06

Friday is an off day. I took my LipdFX at my usual times. I had a little extra cash on me and the store was having a good sale, so I decided to buy some new jeans. Mine are getting pretty threadbare. I had to get the next size down, my regular size was too big. Rusty is a happy boy! :woohoo:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Derek, I may have to try some of this. Tell Marc to expect an email from me :)

I'm bulking. Maybe I'll purchase a bottle to experiement with first :)

A

jkeithc82

Awards
Derek, I may have to try some of this. Tell Marc to expect an email from me :)

I'm bulking. Maybe I'll purchase a bottle to experiement with first :)

A
Cool, it would be nice for you to try it Houseman. :D

rusty319

Awards
So what happened to that Rusty dude?

I haven't posted in a while simply because I don't have a lot new to say. Normally I try to post every day or every other day at most. The LipidFX just keeps plugging along. It is still working great, the appetite supression is phenomenal and I think I'm still losing bodyfat. I'm impressed with this about the LipidFX as I have always had a problem with my body getting attenuated to a product in the past. Many products lose their effectiveness after two to three weeks for me, I haven't noticed this at all with the LipidFX.

Day 24, Saturday 1/21/06
Saturday is delts and arms day. I had a great workout and not much else of noteworthiness.

Day 25, Sunday 1/22/06
Sunday is an off day. I took my servings at 8 AM and 5 PM. I think I like spreading them out a little more than the recommended 6-8 hours. It seems to make the product work longer for me (as in, it lasts longer into the evening).

Day 26, Monday 1/23/06
Monday is cardio day. I took my two servings at 5:30 AM and 7 PM. I've noticed the sweating after my breakfast has returned, I'm not sure why.

Day 27, Tuesday 1/24/06
I did chest and back today. I had that starving feeling again. It seemed like I would get real hungry about 2.5 to 3 hours after each meal, but I couldn't eat as much at each meal as I thought I would based on my hunger. I really have to discipline myself not to make too much food or I end up having to put it back in the refrigerator and warm it back up for a later meal. I seem to be only able to eat half of what I normally could. I believe that the hunger comes from my body recognizing that I am taking in less than maintenance calories, but then I can't eat enough to achieve maintenance calories. This is an endomorph's dream.

rusty319

Awards
Day 28, Wednesday 1/25/06

Today is a cardio day. I took my 2 servings at 5:30 AM and 7:30 PM. What can I say? The work-out went well, I still have great appetite suppression and no side effects at all. I am definitely impressed with LipidFX.

rusty319

Awards
Day 29, Thursday 1/26/06

Thursday is legs day. Just for the heck of it, plus to make my timing of my meals a little easier, I decided to take my two servings with my meals instead of 30 minutes before them. I read somewhere that the LipidFX may absorb better with some fat, so I thought I would give it a go, although a two day test may be meaningless. I took my servings with breakfast and dinner. I still had the same appetite suppression and the sweating was there with breakfast, so there was no big difference on the first day, at least.

rusty319

Awards
Day 30, Friday 1/27/06

Today is the final day of my LipidFX test. I don't workout on Fridays. I took two capsules with my breakfast and dinner, as I did yesterday. I still am feeling a lot of appetite suppression. I went out with some of my buddys after work. I ordered a turkey burger and steamed broccoli (yeah, I'm a real party animal). I could only eat three quarters of the burger and half the broccoli. I was very uncomfortably full after that. Normally after eating a whole burger and all of the broccoli I would have been eyeballing my buddys' plates, so I have really been cutting back on what I can eat. That's the really neat part. It's not that I am forcing myslef to eat less, I just can't possibly eat as much as I used to. LipidFX is that good.

I will give my final stats and thoughts in my next post.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Re: Day 30, Friday 1/27/06

Today is the final day of my LipidFX test. I don't workout on Fridays. I took two capsules with my breakfast and dinner, as I did yesterday. I still am feeling a lot of appetite suppression. I went out with some of my buddys after work. I ordered a turkey burger and steamed broccoli (yeah, I'm a real party animal). I could only eat three quarters of the burger and half the broccoli. I was very uncomfortably full after that. Normally after eating a whole burger and all of the broccoli I would have been eyeballing my buddys' plates, so I have really been cutting back on what I can eat. That's the really neat part. It's not that I am forcing myslef to eat less, I just can't possibly eat as much as I used to. LipidFX is that good.

I will give my final stats and thoughts in my next post.
Excellent.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
man this log is kind of a bummer... Is it just me of did rusty not post his final results? I read thru this whole log to find out nuttin'!!!