Controlled Labs: White Blood

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
What is White Blood you ask? Well, according to the supp page, it is a "Blood Transport Enhancer!" I'm not sure what that means... but I'm going to find out.

I had my first dose today, 3 caps 30 minutes before hitting the iron. After about 15 minutes of lifting my upper body became swollen like an aroused phallic representation of some guy allergic to bees in the center of a honey farm without his Epipen. I guess that was a pump.

I'll have stats up in a bit and will be judging this product in terms of increased strength, endurance, and of course the enigmatically sought after PUMP. I'll also be on the lookout for muscle gain although I doubt that will happen sense I'm going low cal.
Well, my leg workout sucked bad. I was tired to begin with and wishing I still had some R4W. Oh well. I guess I'm still going through caffeine withdrawl.

Didn't notice much of a pump until the very end of my workout when I hit up the leg curls/extensions. And this is me fully loaded on creatine. I think it was just a bad workout. I mean, I remember getting better pumps than this with White Blood even without creatine. Speaking of that...

White Blood on its own provides decent pumps, about the same as creatine fully loaded. I have yet to fully experience what WB is like with creatine but will as this log continues.
Had to scrap my scheduled workout yesterday. I'm also changing my workout program to maximize energy expenditure. I'll be doing full body workouts 3 days per week in a ciruit training fashion while keeping weights heavy.

I had a workout today... full body with lots of super sets and tri-sets. Got an almost immediate pump going on. It felt as if my upper was going to float away and my legs were gonna sink like an anchor.

But the pump didn't last long for some reason... maybe because the blood had to disperse all over my body. Maybe it's because I'm retricting calories. I know one things for sure: when I used WB before restarting this log I got some insanely instense pumps that lasted.
My workout
Warmup (100 jumping jacks, 20 mountain climbers, 12 burpees)
2x8-10 Barbell Squat
2x8-10 Bench press
superset with
2x8-10 Pull-up (add weight is necessary)
1x8-10 Barbell Deadlift
1x8-10 Dumbbell 1-arm row
superset with
2x8-10 Dumbbell Shoulder press
1x12 Traveling Barbell lunge
1x8-10 Dumbbell pullover
superset with
1x8-10 Dumbbell Biceps curl
1x15 knuckle pushups
superset with
1x12 Ab wheel rollouts
2x25 Twisting crunch
1x45sec. Plank hold
superset with
1x15 Frog leaps

(30-45 sec rest between sets)

Done on Mon, Wed, Fri... I'm maximizing calorie burning as much as possible since now I'm cutting like a mad man. Wait till you see my diet.
I'm starting to feel like White Blood is under dosed. Actually, I thought it was by looking at the ingredients considering the long list and only 2000mg. I really don't think the ethyl ester of anything is potent enough to reduce the usual dosing requirement by so much. Also, the taurine is definitely underdosed even if it is just used as a synergist. I'm also assuming the k-r-ala is underdosed since a good percentage of the compound is potassium and the active is ala.

With that said, I'm trying 6 capsules instead of 3... yes, a double dose. This should definitely do the trick.

Don't get me wrong, Controlled Labs has good ingredients in their products (with the exception of caffeine in Blue Rhino), I just think that they're underdosed. Unfortunately, that's usually the price one pays for the convenience of capsules.
OMG!!!! The pumps from a double dose were painful. I had such extreme vascularity and tightness throughout my entire workout. I even felt a bit stronger and more driven. This was definitely one of the funnest workout I've ever had.

But I don't think a full double dose was necessary. I'm going to say that 5 capsules is the optimum dose. And really, that isn't too bad of a deal considering it'll last for 18 workouts at that dosage.

In any case, the pumps, vascularity, and added strength was crazy expecially considering how hard I am dieting right now. I guess I'll see for sure how well 5 caps does against 6 on monday. Until then...
SO I tried WB at 4 capsules (looking for the optimum minimum dosage), and i got a slight effect. 5-6 capsules is still the way to go in my opinion as it provided both an extreme pump, AND and increase in strength.

Howver, I've been thinking something. I've been dieting and in a weekly deficit of over 10,000 calories. This could definitely be effecting the product. I think most pump type products don't work well while dieting so in order to get a fair review, I've decided to hold off on my review for now until I get back on a more "normal" diet.

Bobby Nevada

Awards
What is White Blood you ask? Well, according to the supp page, it is a "Blood Transport Enhancer!" I'm not sure what that means... but I'm going to find out.

I had my first dose today, 3 caps 30 minutes before hitting the iron. After about 15 minutes of lifting my upper body became swollen like an aroused phallic representation of some guy allergic to bees in the center of a honey farm without his Epipen. I guess that was a pump.

I'll have stats up in a bit and will be judging this product in terms of increased strength, endurance, and of course the enigmatically sought after PUMP. I'll also be on the lookout for muscle gain although I doubt that will happen sense I'm going low cal.
Well, my leg workout sucked bad. I was tired to begin with and wishing I still had some R4W. Oh well. I guess I'm still going through caffeine withdrawl.

Didn't notice much of a pump until the very end of my workout when I hit up the leg curls/extensions. And this is me fully loaded on creatine. I think it was just a bad workout. I mean, I remember getting better pumps than this with White Blood even without creatine. Speaking of that...

White Blood on its own provides decent pumps, about the same as creatine fully loaded. I have yet to fully experience what WB is like with creatine but will as this log continues.
Had to scrap my scheduled workout yesterday. I'm also changing my workout program to maximize energy expenditure. I'll be doing full body workouts 3 days per week in a ciruit training fashion while keeping weights heavy.

I had a workout today... full body with lots of super sets and tri-sets. Got an almost immediate pump going on. It felt as if my upper was going to float away and my legs were gonna sink like an anchor.

But the pump didn't last long for some reason... maybe because the blood had to disperse all over my body. Maybe it's because I'm retricting calories. I know one things for sure: when I used WB before restarting this log I got some insanely instense pumps that lasted.
My workout
Warmup (100 jumping jacks, 20 mountain climbers, 12 burpees)
2x8-10 Barbell Squat
2x8-10 Bench press
superset with
2x8-10 Pull-up (add weight is necessary)
1x8-10 Barbell Deadlift
1x8-10 Dumbbell 1-arm row
superset with
2x8-10 Dumbbell Shoulder press
1x12 Traveling Barbell lunge
1x8-10 Dumbbell pullover
superset with
1x8-10 Dumbbell Biceps curl
1x15 knuckle pushups
superset with
1x12 Ab wheel rollouts
2x25 Twisting crunch
1x45sec. Plank hold
superset with
1x15 Frog leaps

(30-45 sec rest between sets)

Done on Mon, Wed, Fri... I'm maximizing calorie burning as much as possible since now I'm cutting like a mad man. Wait till you see my diet.
I'm starting to feel like White Blood is under dosed. Actually, I thought it was by looking at the ingredients considering the long list and only 2000mg. I really don't think the ethyl ester of anything is potent enough to reduce the usual dosing requirement by so much. Also, the taurine is definitely underdosed even if it is just used as a synergist. I'm also assuming the k-r-ala is underdosed since a good percentage of the compound is potassium and the active is ala.

With that said, I'm trying 6 capsules instead of 3... yes, a double dose. This should definitely do the trick.

Don't get me wrong, Controlled Labs has good ingredients in their products (with the exception of caffeine in Blue Rhino), I just think that they're underdosed. Unfortunately, that's usually the price one pays for the convenience of capsules.
OMG!!!! The pumps from a double dose were painful. I had such extreme vascularity and tightness throughout my entire workout. I even felt a bit stronger and more driven. This was definitely one of the funnest workout I've ever had.

But I don't think a full double dose was necessary. I'm going to say that 5 capsules is the optimum dose. And really, that isn't too bad of a deal considering it'll last for 18 workouts at that dosage.

In any case, the pumps, vascularity, and added strength was crazy expecially considering how hard I am dieting right now. I guess I'll see for sure how well 5 caps does against 6 on monday. Until then...
SO I tried WB at 4 capsules (looking for the optimum minimum dosage), and i got a slight effect. 5-6 capsules is still the way to go in my opinion as it provided both an extreme pump, AND and increase in strength.

Howver, I've been thinking something. I've been dieting and in a weekly deficit of over 10,000 calories. This could definitely be effecting the product. I think most pump type products don't work well while dieting so in order to get a fair review, I've decided to hold off on my review for now until I get back on a more "normal" diet.
Certainly the reduction in insulin due to the reduction in calories will result in less of a pump. Insulin is a more potent vasodilator than any of the NO2 potentiators. So I'm sure that this stuff will really kick butt on a bulking diet.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I finished my WB on Monday and but have waited a bit so I could compare the effects to some other things.

I did notice that once I added more calories to more diet, I got a better pump... but such is to be expected without the WB. The pump experienced with 3 caps of WB was barely distiguishable to that experienced with simple carbs taken preworkout. However, the pump with 4 caps of WB was decent, especially with carbs preworkout.

Increases in strength were not really noticeable until taking a double dose. Pumps with a double were also very potent, very noticeable, and lasted past my workout for about an hour. But, using a double dose is not cost effective. On the flip side, using a regular dose is just not effective.

Comparing this to 2 grams of glycerol monostearate and 3 grams of creatine monohydrate preworkout w/carbs, I found the glycerol/creatine/carb combo to produce similar pumps and strength increases to a double dose of WB. This becomes important when comparing price. Creatine/glycerol is very cheap.

Today I used a full dose of Ready4War and to my surprise it produced an extreme pump. The most extreme pump I've felt since being on a full blown bulking diet and using X-Factor. After this experience, it really made me consider White Blood. Ready4War is not advertised as a pump product, and yet it certainly behaved as an extremely effective one.

From my experience, I must conclude that White Blood is an ineffective supplement at the reccomended dosage and too expensive when used at an effective dosage.

Final Rating: 1 out of 5

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Nice review. Have you had any success with other NO products? personally I think they are pointless. (If you lift hard enough, you get 'pumped')

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I posted this same review at BB.com. Nobody really said anything. What could they say? Have a lot of experience. Basically what happened was nobody said anything... thay totally ignored it. Same thing happened when I posted a bad review of Legal Gear Cold Fusion PM a few years back. People wont listen to what they don't want to hear.

As for "NO" products, I do think they're mostly a gimmick. It doesn't make sense anyways; gives you a pump. Jesus, I think I get a raging pump at every workout anyways. The only time I don't is when I really dieting hardcore. There are a few herbs though that I enjoy that end up making me more swollen and vascular such as epimedium (horny goat weed), yohimbe, ginkgo (sometimes), and glycerol is always fun. I mean, sure, maybe a product gives you a pump, but does it actually make you stronger? Creatine is one proven to, but arginine, ornithine, and all these other NO prods? I just don't know.

Besides, you want the most painful pump of your life and awesome blood flow/nutrient delivery? Do what I do. At the end of every workout, finish off with at least 25 pushups, 50 bodyweight squats, and 50 calf raises.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Aeter, I don't post alot on this board and was going to just pm you this question but for some reason I can't. In other words sorry for the mild hijack. Anyway here's my questions. Where do you get your glycerol from? ANd are you serious about the comment on x factor? I'm asking because I remember reading quite a few reviews on it and it didn't seem to do all that much for most people.

Thanks in advance. And nice review.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I'm serious about the X-Factor. Check out this log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24870

I think the reason why some very early reviews of it didn't say good things is because those people weren't using the product correctly. X-Factor is easily the best supplement out right now.

I got my glycerol from Custom Nutrition Warehouse.com, a sponsor here.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
From my experience, I must conclude that White Blood is an ineffective supplement at the reccomended dosage and too expensive when used at an effective dosage.

Final Rating: 1 out of 5
I've never been a fan of NO2. I liked NO-Xplode, mainly because of the energy and focus. Did you get an stomach discomfort? NO HATES my stomach. I'm using Green Buldge right now and even with the small amount of AEE in it I still have to stop at the bathroom before lifting. I am having good results with GB. Have you tried it? For me its almost equal to CET, but I got alot of headaches with CET.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand the popularity of nitric oxide supplements. They don't enhance muscle growth to any profound extent. In my opinion, beyond basic supplementation, the first thing you're looking to enhance is protein synthesis. Here, in order of importance, is my view on which supplements to take:

1: Multivitamin (I like NOW Eco Green Multi)
2: Whey Protein (I usually buy Optimum Nutrition Whey since it is free of artificial sweeteners)
3: Fish oil (Carlson brand is the best)
4: Arachidonic Acid such as X-Factor (not with fish oil or any other large source of omega 3's)
5: EAA plus carbs (before/during workout. great for enhancing protein synthesis)
6: BCAA (during workouts, between meals)
7: Creatine (I just use monohydrate. not a fan of CEE)
8: Adaptogenic herbs (rhodiola, bacopa, ginseng, ashwahganda. myriad benefits from focus, cognition, to recovery)
9: Preworkout stim (can sometimes be the determining factor of a good workout. Ready4War is the best.)
10: Pump/blood flow enhancers (such as glycerol, taurine, cnidium, and arginine/ornithine)

Notice that pump prods are at the very bottom. And even before I try the typical arginine based stack, I'll go for glycerol and taurine.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
just read your x-factor review. Good stuff. May try a bottle myself.

Thanks!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
NO products, IMO, are mostly just for fun. Getting a killer pump is part of the fun of working out so I don't mind forking out a little extra cash for some AAKG/Taurine et cetera. I do not believe that they impart any significant anabolic properties..but they don't hurt either.

I may give X factor a try.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
NO products, IMO, are mostly just for fun. Getting a killer pump is part of the fun of working out so I don't mind forking out a little extra cash for some AAKG/Taurine et cetera. I do not believe that they impart any significant anabolic properties..but they don't hurt either.

I may give X factor a try.
Shelling out money for taurine is one thing... I like taurine; cheap and effective. But I am sick of the popularity of NO prods and especially Controlled Labs. EVERYONE is blowin their loads over the WB/GB stack. It's annoying.

You want pump (along with actual muscle growth, ;))? Try X-Factor. Seriously, there is no better supp out right now than X-Factor. And the best way to maximize its pump effects is to take the largest dose about an hour preworkout.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I agree there's ridiculous hype over NO products in general. Obviously its coming mostly from kids who equate a good pump with actual gains. We all wish that were true, lol.

I may give Xfactor a whirl after I finish playing around with cAMPHI/Powerfull and my PCT. It's nice to have non hormal bridging options.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
You want pump (along with actual muscle growth,)? Try X-Factor. Seriously, there is no better supp out right now than X-Factor. And the best way to maximize its pump effects is to take the largest dose about an hour preworkout.
What kind of sides are possible with x-factor? Blood pressure, cholestrol, ect...ect...

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
What kind of sides are possible with x-factor? Blood pressure, cholestrol, ect...ect...
None of that, it isn't like a PH (though I got better gains from X-Factor than I did from trans 1-T/4AD). Some people experince increased joint pain. Increased muscle soreness always occurs but that's a sign that it is working. If you have an existing problem with inflammation, X-Factor can aggravate it. But thats it, pretty much side effect free.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I agree there's ridiculous hype over NO products in general. Obviously its coming mostly from kids who equate a good pump with actual gains. We all wish that were true, lol.

I may give Xfactor a whirl after I finish playing around with cAMPHI/Powerfull and my PCT. It's nice to have non hormal bridging options.
Oh, I am so hyped over PowerFULL. USP is really making my day by creating high quality herbal products. I've always been a fan of herbal supplementation, and know of many herbs that would be great for bodybuilders, it's just that most companies don't supply quality herbs/extracts.

I want to do a PowerFULL/Cissus stack sometime. Maybe throw in some ActiVate.

dmbwhiteguy

Awards
i ended my x-factor cycle about a month ago...

if you search the bb.com boards u will find it....

i stacked it with cee and white blood and was very impressed with my results

for a full review check out that log...i dont have the link on me now or i would post..

IMO, however, i feel x-factor is the best alternative to ph/aas...give it a try, you wont be disappointed