Ricky gets AMNES1A (unsponsored log)

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

1. Got 2 bottles in route now, couldn't let you guys have all the fun Was suppose to get here yesterday but USPS sh*t the bed yet again so hopefully it comes today.

2. suuuuuuper late but im in here

hows sleep so far ricky?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by carguy123 View Post
    Got 2 bottles in route now, couldn't let you guys have all the fun Was suppose to get here yesterday but USPS sh*t the bed yet again so hopefully it comes today.
    Well I initially thought mine was coming 5 days before I actually got my hands on it. It is all part of the experience!

Quote Originally Posted by rowz4broz View Post
    suuuuuuper late but im in here

hows sleep so far ricky?
    I think it took me a few nights to adjust to a supplement that we can assume to be a higher melatonin content than 1 capsule of ProSupps Crash or 1 capsule of IML Dream-N-Grow. Now that I have gotten used to it....things are going quite well! Some night/days better than others, but that is bound to happen anyway.

Day 7 Summary

Today I had less time available to sleep than usual because I had to come home and take care of all the snow at my house after work, and I work again tonight. I was not in a good state of mind! I don’t even know when I officially took my dose today (I work nights), but I am guessing I got a solid 4 hrs of deep restorative sleep.

I was not as specific today about watching the clock for logging purposes, as I was more focused on fighting the urge to just leave everything where it was, hook myself up to an IV drip of RE1GN and drive myself nonstop to Florida!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    I have not noticed any impact on mood upon waking or throughout the day for the matter. I just get the the post dose/pre sleep increase in mood and relaxation. I have other supplements for waking hours that take care of that though!

As you can see, @xtyler has noted some carry over mood enhancement. Unfortunately, it seems to be at the price of the beginning stages of early onset dementia
    my aunt had dementia before she died and now my mom has signs of it...they were both in late 70's when it started to show, and it only seems to effect the female side of my family. are you taking anything to delay it?
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

use code THEBIGT for 25% off

5. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    my aunt had dementia before she died and now my mom has signs of it...they were both in late 70's when it started to show, and it only seems to effect the female side of my family. are you taking anything to delay it?
    Well, I think it is @xtyler we have to worry about at the present time. As far as I go, I walk around like a fart in a windstorm at baseline. However, I just placed an order yesterday for AZOTH, so the phosphatidylserine content in there should start me on the right path!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Well, I think it is @xtyler we have to worry about at the present time. As far as I go, I walk around like a fart in a windstorm at baseline. However, I just placed an order yesterday for AZOTH, so the phosphatidylserine content in there should start me on the right path!
    lol. @xtyler....i've been hearing good things about coffee, I got my mom to add a 2nd cup in the afternoon and I usually drink at least 3 cups.

7. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    lol. @xtyler....i've been hearing good things about coffee, I got my mom to add a 2nd cup in the afternoon and I usually drink at least 3 cups.
    My father has been showing signs for years. I ordered him some Nootrol a few months ago as a gift, and he took it as an insult. I am pretty sure he never took it. He is not much of a supplement person, he probably just takes a centrum daily vitamin which he then just passes in his next stool.

We are not much alike in that regard...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    My father has been showing signs for years. I ordered him some Nootrol a few months ago as a gift, and he took it as an insult. I am pretty sure he never took it. He is not much of a supplement person, he probably just takes a centrum daily vitamin which he then just passes in his next stool.

We are not much alike in that regard...
    lol...your father sounds just like my mom AND my wife....and like you I am not like them in that regard!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    lol...your father sounds just like my mom AND my wife....and like you I am not like them in that regard!!!
    We just know more than they do...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    We just know more than they do...
    about supplements and health yes....got a lot of respect for what my mom had to endure, and I'm sure you feel the same about your dad!!!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Today I had less time available to sleep than usual
    As Arnold would say...." Well, then, just sleep faster."
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep, R&D Team
    Olympus Labs. Innovation. Value. Results.

12. Quote Originally Posted by xtyler View Post
    As Arnold would say...." Well, then, just sleep faster."
    I think I did!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Well I initially thought mine was coming 5 days before I actually got my hands on it. It is all part of the experience!
    Looks like I might be in the same boat lol.....Got home from work yesterday, still no package. Went and checked shipping status and I get this "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available." It left New Jersey on the evening of 2/5 and still has not made it to Michigan, smh. Part to fix my snow blower was suppose to arrive yesterday also via USPS and that now has the same status as my OL order Oh yeah we are also suppose to get 6-9 inches of snow today too, plus 2-4 on Saturday and Sunday. If I could fight everyone at USPS I would

14. Quote Originally Posted by carguy123 View Post
    Looks like I might be in the same boat lol.....Got home from work yesterday, still no package. Went and checked shipping status and I get this "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available." It left New Jersey on the evening of 2/5 and still has not made it to Michigan, smh. Part to fix my snow blower was suppose to arrive yesterday also via USPS and that now has the same status as my OL order Oh yeah we are also suppose to get 6-9 inches of snow today too, plus 2-4 on Saturday and Sunday. If I could fight everyone at USPS I would
    Ugh...no snow blower = no go for me. One could argue it is a good workout, but after a 12.5hr night shift plus the commute, I am in no mood for that. Plus, it is horrendous on the lower back. Kind of impossible to bend at the knees and keep your back straight when shoveling an entire driveway. I am sure someone at there has tried...haha!

15. Do you think the same as I do on the snow blower I always say it won't snow this much next year so we're not getting one.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Ugh...no snow blower = no go for me. One could argue it is a good workout, but after a 12.5hr night shift plus the commute, I am in no mood for that. Plus, it is horrendous on the lower back. Kind of impossible to bend at the knees and keep your back straight when shoveling an entire driveway. I am sure someone at there has tried...haha!
    Yeah lower back and my ankles are my trouble areas (screwed both up being young and dumb) so shoveling multiple days in a row starts to take it toll on my back. Its snow every day this week except for Thursday so ofcourse this is the week the dang thing decides to crap out

Quote Originally Posted by patrick25 View Post
    Do you think the same as I do on the snow blower I always say it won't snow this much next year so we're not getting one.
    I did that for years but finally broke down and bought one and never looked back. Actually my old neighbor moved from Michigan to Florida so I bought his snow blower off him for dirt cheap, so I was kinda forced into it haha

17. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    it's like moving a piano, you have to learn the proper technique, lol. I do all my shoveling at home by hand....but I do use a 4 wheeler with attached plow for mall and commercial sidewalks.

18. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    it's like moving a piano, you have to learn the proper technique, lol. I do all my shoveling at home by hand....but I do use a 4 wheeler with attached plow for mall and commercial sidewalks.
    Yeah, but you are a brick ****house!

Day 8 Summary

This was the last of my 3 night work stretch, but I will be back at it through the weekend. I took my AMNES1A this morning and probably fell asleep around 9:30 AM and woke up at 4:30 PM. That is pretty awesome!

I will say that daytime sleep sessions have always tended to be longer on days that I don’t have to turn around and go back in to work that night. I did wake up briefly early in the afternoon, but knowing that I did not have to work allows me to stay completely relaxed and makes falling back asleep much more likely. It is more of a subconscious factor than anything else..

Even still, it felt really good to get 7 hrs of solid sleep!

19. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Yeah, but you are a brick ****house!

Day 8 Summary

This was the last of my 3 night work stretch, but I will be back at it through the weekend. I took my AMNES1A this morning and probably fell asleep around 9:30 AM and woke up at 4:30 PM. That is pretty awesome!

I will say that daytime sleep sessions have always tended to be longer on days that I don’t have to turn around and go back in to work that night. I did wake up briefly early in the afternoon, but knowing that I did not have to work allows me to stay completely relaxed and makes falling back asleep much more likely. It is more of a subconscious factor than anything else..

Even still, it felt really good to get 7 hrs of solid sleep!
    the mind can mind-f*ck us sometimes, lol...7 hours aint to bad!!! seems like now that you have adjusted to it amnes1a is working out well for you.

20. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    the mind can mind-f*ck us sometimes, lol...7 hours aint to bad!!! seems like now that you have adjusted to it amnes1a is working out well for you.
    Yes, it definitely is...

I was not so sure about it the first few days and I was kind of anticipating that it was not going to end up agreeing with me due to the melatonin content being higher than I am accustomed to. I did some research on melatonin, and people’s experiences etc..

Apparently it is very common for people to ditch melatonin after trying it for one night and having the adverse reaction of sleeping worse. I was guilty of that myself years ago when I tried it as an isolated ingredient. Turns out, it is very common for people to need at least 3 days to adjust to melatonin supplementation to enjoy the benefits. This seemed to be the case for me as well with AMNES1A..

I can definitely foresee this becoming a staple supplement for me...

21. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Yes, it definitely is...

I was not so sure about it the first few days and I was kind of anticipating that it was not going to end up agreeing with me due to the melatonin content being higher than I am accustomed to. I did some research on melatonin, and people’s experiences etc..

Apparently it is very common for people to ditch melatonin after trying it for one night and having the adverse reaction of sleeping worse. I was guilty of that myself years ago when I tried it as an isolated ingredient. Turns out, it is very common for people to need at least 3 days to adjust to melatonin supplementation to enjoy the benefits. This seemed to be the case for me as well with AMNES1A..

I can definitely foresee this becoming a staple supplement for me...
    nice...I didn't know that, I've never had any issues with it though...it doesn't really work all that well for me, but it never caused any issues.

22. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    nice...I didn't know that, I've never had any issues with it though...it doesn't really work all that well for me, but it never caused any issues.
    I get the impression you sleep well anyway....without using any supplements for that purpose?

23. Night 9 Summary

Coming off a solid 7 hours of sleep during the day yesterday and subsequently going out for dinner and a few drinks, I was not very tired last night when it came time to go to bed again around 11 PM. I still took my AMNES1A, but the situation itself was not conducive to me having a solid night of sleep and I only ended up getting about 3 hrs. Obviously this has nothing to do with the performance of the product. Back to work tonight and tomorrow night

I don’t think I will be updating every day (or night) from this point forward, as I think the experimental phase has passed. I will continue to give occasional updates though as needed. I don’t think I would be able to choose one product over the other if I were to be asked right now which I prefer between Dream-N-Grow and AMNES1A. That in itself truly is a compliment to Olympus Labs though...nicely done!

Thank you to everyone that has followed along and feel free to ask any questions, post your own experiences, and keep the thread alive!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    I get the impression you sleep well anyway....without using any supplements for that purpose?
    nah...I've got scripts for both Xanax and ambien, but don't like to use them...usually i'll just drop 2 Benadryl and on occasion a gabapentin with it for rls...I only use 250mg gabapentin, but even that low dose causes sexual sides if used regularly--it's kind of a shame too because gabapentin really helps me sleep and it kills/deadens nerve pain.

you notice any less pain while using amnesia?

25. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    nah...I've got scripts for both Xanax and ambien, but don't like to use them...usually i'll just drop 2 Benadryl and on occasion a gabapentin with it for rls...I only use 250mg gabapentin, but even that low dose causes sexual sides if used regularly--it's kind of a shame too because gabapentin really helps me sleep and it kills/deadens nerve pain.

you notice any less pain while using amnesia?
    I am lucky enough to not have any chronic pain. Having said that, I strained my wrist a bit today lifting and it's causing a pinching sharp pain. Hopefully this does not become a chronic issue...haha!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. YELLOW GOLD - Is it Magic? (Unsponsored Log)
    By Steveoph in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 02:02 PM
  2. UNC's AEN Get Fit Sponsored Log!
    By UNCfan1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 12:45 AM
  3. YELLOW GOLD - Is it Magic? (Unsponsored Log)
    By Steveoph in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 10:25 PM
  4. time to get big serious log(HIGHSCHOOL ATHLETE)
    By WEEZYFBABY in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 05:29 PM
  5. Where to get diet/training log?
    By pcn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:16 AM