Cognitive Nutrition Maeng Da Log

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was lucky enough to be chosen to try the Maeng Da capsules from Cognitive Nutrition, I received a bottle with 20 caps, which actually had a little over 20 when I counted, which is nice because I plan to give a few to my mom to try as she as bad anxiety and wants something that will increase energy without increasing her anxiety. I will report back her results after I have the chance to give her some and her to try it.

I have tried several different Kratom vendors, the most recent one I tried was probably the worst, but I have also had some very good products as well.

I normally go for the more sedating strains instead of the ones which provide energy, but I still have used plenty of White strains and other Maeng Da's to compare to. I was instructed to start with one cap, to be honest I am not really expecting anything from that low of a dose but we will see how it goes.

Each capsule contains ~.6g based off of what the bottle says.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay so I went ahead and took 3 caps, I didn’t want to waste the 1 cap knowing I wouldn’t get much out of it.

About 20 minutes in and I’m not noticing anything yet. I will update again in a little bit.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
Okay so I went ahead and took 3 caps, I didn’t want to waste the 1 cap knowing I wouldn’t get much out of it.

About 20 minutes in and I’m not noticing anything yet. I will update again in a little bit.
1 is more for those who never tried it by all means take whatever dose you feel comfortable starting at. I notice effects around the 4-5 cap range myself.

Off to a great start.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
About an hour after the 3 caps I still hadn't noticed anything. I gave it another half hour and nothing, so I went ahead and drank a cup of coffee. This seemed to kick the Kratom into gear as it was more energizing than a regular cup of coffee that I have everyday. It was not a jittery energy, but there was also no euphoria which is one of my favorite aspects to Kratom.

I will try 6 caps tomorrow morning and see how that goes.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
About an hour after the 3 caps I still hadn't noticed anything. I gave it another half hour and nothing, so I went ahead and drank a cup of coffee. This seemed to kick the Kratom into gear as it was more energizing than a regular cup of coffee that I have everyday. It was not a jittery energy, but there was also no euphoria which is one of my favorite aspects to Kratom.

I will try 6 caps tomorrow morning and see how that goes.
There's definitely synergistic effects with stims and many people like to mix them. As long as you're not sensitive to kratom there's no issue is combing mild stims.

People who can tolerant higher doses we also offer a 30 and 50 x extracts of kratom capsules (and a potent liquid extract) for hardcore users. Looks like you may fall into that level. If so you're welcome to log those next.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I forgot to update how 6 caps went.. about an hour after taking the 6 caps I noticed I started to get slightly more talkative and active. There was a slight mood boost, but I wouldn't quite call it euphoric at that point. The effects lasted for a good 3-4 hours and I got lots of house work done. Good mood and energy were definitely noticeable, though.

I gave my mom 5 caps to try, I am not sure when she will take them but I will update once she does.

Since I had more than 20 caps in my bottle I now have 10 left, and I plan to take them all at once here in a couple hours since I just finished up an early morning exam and don't have anything else for the day except to go to the gym. I will let you guys know how it ends up.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since most of us use powders and equate it with grams, how many grams are in the pills? Just curious what 6 pills would equal to as that seems like it was your entry point to actually feeling anything.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Since most of us use powders and equate it with grams, how many grams are in the pills? Just curious what 6 pills would equal to as that seems like it was your entry point to actually feeling anything.
The bottle says ~.6g per capsule, so 3.6g was where I started to notice anything. 6g will be the next dose. Good point, I will update the first post showing the amount in each one.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I went to go donate blood before taking the 10 caps but turned me down because my pulse wouldn't drop below 100. The joke is on them as I'm O- and Cmv- lol. I will take an Atenolol and go donate red blood cells later this week. That is irrelevant but definitely annoyed me a bit as I sat and waited for a while to not even get to donate blood.

Now the good stuff, I took all 10 caps I had left, about 30 minutes in I started getting more talkative and kinda antsy, wanting to move around and do things. I worked on some homework for the first hour or so and then went on a walk with the dog, which was awesome. A huge difference in mood from before I took the Kratom and about an hour in.

The main difference between the 6 and 10 cap dose was, 10 caps had a quicker onset and this time there was a definite euphoric feel to it. It was not too energizing, but a calm energy with a good mood lift and overall good feeling.

Since that was 6g it was right in the dosage I am familiar with with other energizing strains of Kratom, so I would say the quality is right on par with all of the other high quality vendors I have tried previously.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to give this a try, and I will probably pick up a bottle of the Bali to try as well!