Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

BPS Brawn Log

Claims
Brawn is a natural muscle builder containing 5a-hydroxy laxogenin at 100mg per capsule. Research has demonstrated that 5a-hydroxy laxogenin increases protein synthesis by over 200%, which has significant positive ramifications for building muscle mass.2 Muscle protein synthesis, in a nutshell, is the physiological process that creates protein from amino acids. Since muscles are comprised largely of proteins, the more synthesis occurs, the more muscles hypertrophy (grow).

Furthermore, 5a-hydroxy laxogenin helps balance cortisol secretion throughout the day, as well as boost thyroid production and regulate blood sugar levels, all of which play major roles in healthy recovery, fat loss, and reduction of muscle wasting.[4]

Cortisol is a catabolic hormone secreted in response to stress; too much cortisol secretion has been shown to impair the body’s ability to synthesize muscle protein and may even result in atrophy of muscle tissue.[5] That being said, we need some cortisol to function properly and burn fat, as well as fight inflammation.

Thyroid hormones, on the other hand, act on nearly every cell in the body to increase metabolic rate. Therefore, increased thyroid production acts to enhance fat loss and total energy expenditure.[6]

Benefits

Users of Brawn can expect to see strength increases within three to five days of initiating use, and muscle mass increases typically become readily apparent within two to three weeks.

The 5a-hydroxy laxogenin contained in Brawn is one of, if not the most, effective phytosterol compounds commercially available that will help you build more muscle, burn more fat, feel more energetic, and increase strength gains!

Brawn will also help fight inflammation and promote rapid recovery after tough training sessions.

Claims

ncrease muscle protein synthesis by over 200%*
Reduce cortisol and help manage stress
Boost strength, power, and endurance*
Enhance metabolic rate and fat loss*
Fight inflammation and promote recovery

Dosing

Based off looking at the formula, but I want to run this by BPS First
1-2 Caps a day.
Should I start with 1 a day or hop right into 2?

Does it matter if you dose first thing upon waking, or best taken with meals spread apart?

Formula

Current Photo’s

Sitting Around 173-175 Morning. Competed at 153 in November. So about 20+ Pounds above stage weight.

Things I will note
- Strength Gains (Workouts noted)
- Body Recomp (pictures)
- Change in Libido (If there is any)
- Change in Performance / Endurance (Workouts Noted)
BPS lukehayd

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
However you want to run it will work for me.
Easy enough. Taking a cap today to get it popped off with last meal, and will dose pre-workout on training days.
Busy day tomorrow with my NASM Test in the AM, will be training later in the day.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope the test goes well Bob! In to see how Brawn treats ya!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!!!

limitless_

Awards
I still got SOME androcrine left (4 bottles) and just ordered BRAWN. Can you take BRAWN and 2 pumps Androcrine? Thoughts

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 1 Day 3

Tempo Indication: Eccentric:pause:Concentric:Flex (x:x:x:x)
All Rep Tempo's are 2:1:1:2

Dumbbell Row:

60’s x 5
70’s x 5
80’s x 5
70’s x 5
60’s x 5

Smith Barbell Row:
2-25’s/Side x 10 (5 Sets)

Cable Low Row:
100 x 12 (4 Sets)

Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown:
100 x 10 (4 Sets)

HyperExtension:
BW + Band x 10 (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:
Stuffed Peppers

Brawn
First dose was yesterday, nothing to note.
Fasted AM Workout, will take 1 cap with a meal later today.

Had no power last night, electric company had to come at 2 AM To fix a broken wire. So needless to say I slept maybe 30 minutes.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I still got SOME androcrine left (4 bottles) and just ordered BRAWN. Can you take BRAWN and 2 pumps Androcrine? Thoughts
Was thinking about doing the same after my log finishes. Got a couple bottles stashed myself. Though I was thinking Brawn preworkout and 4 pumps Androcrine in the evening. (Had done 4+4 androcrine in the past)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In for gainz

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think that would be a good idea to be able to up the dose in smaller increments to see about finding your sweet spot. That, and some people just like rubbing themselves. ;)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 1 Day 4

Machine HS Shoulder Press:

1 Plate + 25/Side x 5
1 Plate + 35/Side x 5
2 Plates/Side x 5
1 Plate + 35/Side x 5
1 Plate + 25/Side x 5
1 Plate + 10/Side x 10 (5 Sets)

DB Side Laterals:
25’s x 12 (4 Sets)

Rear Cable Delt Fly:
10 Each Hand x 12 (4 Sets)

DB Curl:
25’s x 12 (4 Sets)

Preacher Curls:
45lb Plate x 10 (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:
Chicken & Rice,
Protein Sludge bowl with Poptarts, Strawberries, Apples, Chex, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Brawn
Higher carb day yesterday, and weight dropped almost a pound :(
We will see what the laxo does to my body comp, and if it allows me to add more calories to sustain my weight.
Nothing to report workout wise yet

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 1 Day 5

Squat:
290 x 5
315 x 5
335 x 5
315 x 5
290 x 5
185 x 10 (5 Sets)

Leg Press:
5 Plates/Side x 15 (5 Sets)

Leg Curl:
90 x 15 (5 Sets)

Leg Extensions:
30 Each Leg x 12 (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:
S'mores Cake

Brawn
Weight dropped another pound. Had the pleasure of training with IFBB Pro Amy Bowen and crushing legs. Always a good time to train with a girl in pursuit of trying to be on the Olympia Stage!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off Day
Just taking 1 cap with a meal today, this will be day 4 of using the product. I really don't have too much to note.
My legs have incredible DOMS from training legs on Saturday with Amy.
I also spent 4 hours of powerwashing a deck yesterday after my workout, and spent the morning doing chores on top of training.
So mentally and physically I am pretty damn tired today. Calories are lowered on off days to only 100g of carbs with a higher fat intake and protein kept steady. Checking in with my coach today. he wants to keep calories the same and change no variables throughout the log. He has never had one of his clients run a laxo product before, so he wants to see how potent it is with NO Variable changes throughout the log (calories/training) and see what he can suggest to his future clients.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
BPS lukehayd

Questions for you
- Do you notice people who run a laxo get watery? Or do they help maintain their physique or get harder? I just want to know of any sides I may see while running this product.

limitless_

Awards
BPS lukehayd

Questions for you
- Do you notice people who run a laxo get watery? Or do they help maintain their physique or get harder? I just want to know of any sides I may see while running this product.
If it's anything like Androcrine, which I have personally run for almost a year then it's dry hard pumps and crazy strength boosts and injuries heal very quickly. Tennis elbow gone

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BPS lukehayd

Questions for you
It is dry. It is a very good recomp supplement where you can maintain muscle mass and strength while cutting. Even in a caloric surplus, the gains are lean.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is dry. It is a very good recomp supplement where you can maintain muscle mass and strength while cutting. Even in a caloric surplus, the gains are lean.
I took some progress pics yesterday and after 3 days of use I look a bit watery. My trainer thought the same thing, and this has been the only addition over the last few days. I will see how the rest of the week goes and grab some new ones to see any difference.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 2 Day 1

Squat:
300 x 5
320 x 5
340 x 5
320 x 5
300 x 5
185 x 10 (5 Sets)

Leg Press:

Leg Curl:
90 x 15 (5 Sets)

Leg Extensions:

Post-Workout:
Garlic & Parmasean Chicken/Shrimp + Rice & Veggies

Brawn
Still nothing to really note. No real changes in strength or performance have been noted on day 5 with dosing 1 cap pre-workout. I am assuming this is something that may take a good 10-14 days to really kick in.

- No real changes in rest between sets
- No real changes in recovery (my legs are still sore from last saturday)
- Strength I have not tested maxes as I train with RPE and based on percentages for my mesocycle.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
I took some progress pics yesterday and after 3 days of use I look a bit watery. My trainer thought the same thing, and this has been the only addition over the last few days. I will see how the rest of the week goes and grab some new ones to see any difference.
Atypical but we are all wired differently. Keep an eye on it (I know you will) and let us know if it levels off for you.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 2 Day 2

Incline DB Bench:
75’s x 5
85’s x 5
95’s x 5
85’s x 5
75’s x 5

DB Flat Bench:
60’s x 10 (5 Sets)

Weighted Dips:
BW + 50lb Chains x 10 (4 Sets)

Cable Crossover:
20 Each Hand x 12 (4 Sets)

Tricep Pressdown:
100 x 20 (5 Sets)

Stretch Push-Ups:
Band x Failure (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:
Wegmans Apple Pie Bilay:

Brawn

If anything a slight increase in recovery. My Doms are still horrible in my legs from last saturday when i trained legs with Amy.
As far as building muscle or muscle protein synthesis its still too early for that, but really nothing has really triggered yet about this product. Ill grab some pics to see if I look any sharper or worse after this week.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Offday
Taking 1 cap with a meal later today.
Legs are finally better since last saturday's thrashing. Upperbody has a touch of DOMS yesterday.
Back to the grind tomorrow.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 2 Day 3

Dumbbell Row:

65’s x 5
75’s x 5
85’s x 5
75’s x 5
65’s x 5

Smith Barbell Row:

Cable Low Row:
100 x 12 (4 Sets)

100 x 10 (4 Sets)

HyperExtension:
BW + Band x 10 (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:
Fried Rice:

Brawn
About a week into this and still to really see anything else stick out. Training, recovery, endurance are all pretty much the same, and weight has dropped a bit (168 pounds). I assume this may take upward to 10-14 days to really kick in as it is something that builds inside of you.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution, food looks amazing! I understand why you want to try 1 cap but I can tell you from experience that 2 caps is really where the product shines. This is why we made it our serving dose. Just my 2 cents.
If you want me to jack it up to 2 caps I will do so.
How would you space the dosing? at least 6-8 hours apart, and take one pre-workout?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I always suggest spacing any supplement out for obvious reasons but I'm happy with your experimentation if you wish.
Really appreciate the feedback. Ill start rocking 2 caps tomorrow!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 2 Day 4

1 Plate + 35/Side x 5
2 Plates/Side x 5
2 Plates + 10.Side x 5
2 Plates/Side x 5
1 Plate + 35/Side x 5
1 Plate + 20/Side x 10 (5 Sets)

DB Side Laterals:
25’s x 12 (4 Sets)

Rear Cable Delt Fly:

DB Curl:
25’s x 12 (4 Sets)

Preacher Curls:
45lb Plate x 10 (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:
Brownie Sundae

Brawn
Starting 2 cap dose today
Noticed my weight has dropped another pound or so since starting this. Ill have to grab some pics today or tomorrow and see if there is any body recomp changes going on.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 2 Day 5

Squat:
300 x 5
320 x 5
340 x 5
320 x 5
300 x 5
185 x 10 (5 Sets)

Leg Press:

Leg Curl:
90 x 15 (5 Sets)

Leg Extensions:

Post-Workout:
Little G Cowboy Cookie

Brawn
First day of 2 caps
- Endurance / Recovery were noticed between sets and exercises. The ability to shave off time between working sets and exercises was clearly a huge aspect in today's workout. Especially compared to monday where I ran the same workout based off working %'s of my weights. As I continue to add up weight and pushing intensity lets see if this is another huge aspect. Going to grab some pictures today and compare them to day 1 and see what I see as far as recomp goes. Ill save the final transformation to when its all said and done.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
So did you decide on two pre workout, or spaced?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off Day
1 Cap with meal 1, 1 cap with last meal (to space out)

Took a cheat meal last night, weight did not even budge even with a half dozen donuts and a full pint of ice cream.
DOMS seems to be non-existant from a huge workout yesterday even training legs 2x a week. Which is great to see.
Recovery and rest times continued to be improved which is a major ++.. Even just switching to 2 caps it has already made a vast improvement in performance/recovery and endurance.

Took some pictures, going to hear back from coach today after starting this a week ago and see what he says.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off Day
1 Cap with meal 1, 1 cap with last meal (to space out)

Took a cheat meal last night, weight did not even budge even with a half dozen donuts and a full pint of ice cream.
DOMS seems to be non-existant from a huge workout yesterday even training legs 2x a week. Which is great to see.
Recovery and rest times continued to be improved which is a major ++.. Even just switching to 2 caps it has already made a vast improvement in performance/recovery and endurance.

Took some pictures, going to hear back from coach today after starting this a week ago and see what he says.
Good to hear!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good to hear!
Hit up coach this morning and sent pics
"Back looks tighter and leaner then last week, lets hold steady with macros and see if you get a continued recomp with the laxo"
since he doesn't use it with most of his clients, he is still eager to see how it impacts me.

So far so good, because change is noticeable in the mirror. Lets hope this full week on 2 caps brings a more recomped look.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 3 Day 1

Squat:
320 x 5
330 x 5
350 x 5
330 x 5
320 x 5
185 x 10 (5 Sets)

Leg Press:

Leg Curl:
90 x 15 (5 Sets)

Leg Extensions:

Post-Workout:
Peanut Butter Glazed Banana Bread Loaf

Brawn
Squats are getting heavier, but my rest times are still staying consistent. Even with heavier weight I am able to bang these out without working out a huge sweat. Its clear the endurance and performance are shining.

Scale is not moving much at all with the calories i am eating, so lets hope to see a continued recomp effect from the product. As stated I will hold off on pictures until the end to see the final change from day 1 and the entire run of the product.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
Mesocycle #3
Week 3 Day 1
Brawn
Squats are getting heavier, but my rest times are still staying consistent. Even with heavier weight I am able to bang these out without working out a huge sweat. Its clear the endurance and performance are shining.

Scale is not moving much at all with the calories i am eating, so lets hope to see a continued recomp effect from the product. As stated I will hold off on pictures until the end to see the final change from day 1 and the entire run of the product.
Fantastic! Thank you for your detailed and honest reviews, man.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 3 Day 2

Incline DB Bench:
80’s x 5
90’s x 5
100’s x 5
90’s x 5
80’s x 5

DB Flat Bench:
60’s x 10 (5 Sets)

Weighted Dips:
BW + 50lb Chains x 10 (4 Sets)

Cable Crossover:
20 Each Hand x 12 (4 Sets)

Tricep Pressdown:
100 x 20 (5 Sets)

Stretch Push-Ups:
Band x Failure (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:

Corned Beef Hash, Eggs, & Toast

Brawn
- Continued to be able to cut rest times from last week's workout
- Weights were increased
- No DOMS at all after yesterday
- Scale is staying about the same, but again Pictures will do this justice come the end of the log.
- Nothing to really note about protein synthesis. I am not changing macros or calories this entire log just incase that has any impact.

Fantastic! Thank you for your detailed and honest reviews, man.
Don't thank me, thats how i run my logs.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off Day
1 Cap with Meal 1, 1 Cap with last meal of day.
Stretching, Foam Rolling etc to keep the body fresh for 3 workouts the next 3 days.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 3 Day 3

Dumbbell Row:

70’s x 5
80’s x 5
90’s x 5
80’s x 5
70’s x 5

Smith Barbell Row:

Cable Low Row:
100 x 12 (4 Sets)

100 x 10 (4 Sets)

HyperExtension:
BW + Band x 10 (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:

Beef Stirfry + EggRoll

Brawn
Taking more pictures this weekend to monitor again the body comp and recomp changes. Since kicking up to 2 caps my weight did rise a bit (about a pound) lets see what the mirror shows on that when it is all said and done. Lets also see how much more it does go up with dietary changes just adding in the supplement.
Rest between sets and exercises is the biggest thing I have noted so far. The ability to throw in supersets or circuits and not get as winded is present. Strength is slightly up, but its hard to say because next week will be the big test when I ramp up the intensity again and weight percentages!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mesocycle #3
Week 3 Day 4

2 Plates/Side x 5
2 Plates +10/Side x 5
2 Plates + 20.Side x 5
2 Plates + 10/Side x 5
2 Plates/Side x 5
1 Plate + 20/Side x 10 (5 Sets)

DB Side Laterals:
25’s x 12 (4 Sets)

Rear Cable Delt Fly:

DB Curl:
25’s x 12 (4 Sets)

Preacher Curls:
45lb Plate x 10 (4 Sets)

Post-Workout:
Chocolate Birthday Cake Whoopie Pie:

Brawn
Rest times were kept to around 90 seconds. Which for when it gets that heavy for me (being that it weights more then double my weight its heavy AF. It was nice to bang these out and still maintain my intensity, which is a huge plus. The recovery aspect is the biggest thing I noted on this.

Carbed up last night with a box of cereal and somehow lost 2 pounds? lol.. Body is crazy sometimes.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@ The Solution you should take some time to publish a cookbook and get it on Amazon I would buy it.