Bloodnthunder's CL Frosted Cinnamon Bun Review Log (sponsored)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off I'll be trying this for the first time later this evening. I'll be using water tonight in a normal glass.

Over the course of this log I'll utilize the Promore in a large blender bottle to test out how the taste and consistency is, if at all, is altered by additional water. I'll use it with almond milk and fat fee milk as well. Additionally I'll test it out at various times if the day to see if there's any effect difference at all. Thinking evening, morning pre and post workout.

I'll provide a taste review, describe how it mixes and satiability.

At the conclusion I'll provide my overall thoughts on the product as well

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Just had my first glass of frosted cinnamon bun. I wound up talking to my dog while filling the glass with water and wound up with the full 16 oz the glass can hold. Typically I fill to about 10-12 oz as I prefer a thicker more pronounced taste when having protein around the house. So I went in at this point expecting a watered down ordeal, but was very happy how thick the shake was even with that much water. I took a picture here as well so u can see the thickness. I can't wait to see how amazingly thick the shake will be when I use my normal amount of water or damn when I use the milk, should be epic.

Mixed with a spoon and while it wasn't the quickest process it wasn't bad at all. Sometimes these things foam up fiercely or u get stuck smooshing the protein clumps again and again against the side of the glass. I didn't need to deal with that at all. The only issue and not even an issue was that it took a cpl sec longer than I'm used to to get it mixed good. But I'm impatient by nature too so I def wouldn't hold this against the protein.

A lot of times u get sediment at the bottom or always by the walls when using a glass. Nothing at all.

Satiability was excellent. Actually really filling fir a shake. I normally have a bit of cottage cheese right as I go to bed but pretty full still an hour after drinking the shake so may just forego the cottage cheese tonight.

And finally to what everyone's been waiting for, the taste.

I've had this flavor from a host of companies and most taste the same, which is good really. Never had a truly awful cinnamon bun outside the ones with those candies jellies in them, and same can be said about protein versions of cinnamon bun.

CL's Promore Frosted Cinnamon Bun is excellent IMO. It's thick like I mentioned before yet super super smooth, a real pleasure to taste each sip. I found there to be a. Try prevalent cinnamon taste, as it should be. If u aren't a fan of cinnamon-y cinnamon then u may not let me this as much as I did. However it's not so strong that you're gagging as can happen when there's too much of the spice. It's perfectly blended imo. And while it's not overly pronounced, very subtle actually, but if u savor your shakes like I do u can gather a sense of the frosting, it's a sweet creamy like overtone to the follow through of the initial cinnamon taste. Very nicely done.

It's only been an hour but no repetition yet, which can happen to me with various spicings. So that's great too.

Tomorrow I'm going to have my second shake in the morning and I'm going to mix it with a cup and a half if either almond milk or Non fat milk, haven't decided yet. But stay tuned that review will be up sometime tomorrow morning.

Any questions regarding this initial review or if anyone has anything they want me to pay special attention to going forward let me know and I'll do my best to answer those things going forward.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Second glass of Frosted Cinnamon Bun has been completed.

Wound up going with 1 cup of Almond Milk. The decision was actually easy bc I'm actually out of ff milk lol

The difference in taste:

Same great taste but the cinnamon flavor is a bit stronger with only 1 cup of liquid.

Texture:
Surprisingly thickness did not increase. I was really expecting and hoping it would with half the liquid from before. But it was just as thick as before and that may have something to do with almond milk and not simply liquid by itself. But the creaminess increased dramatically too. While it was there as I mentioned it's even more pronounced using the almond milk.

Mix:

Mixed about the same. However there was some foam left on the sides of the glass after I drank the shake. I think this is due to less liquid and a milky drink rather than a water based. Wasn't tons though but just mentioning it.

I don't truly have a preference between how I drank it last night to this morning. I'll test it out using 8 oz of water on my next review.

Satiability was just as good as last nights

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had my shake with 10 oz water and

Taste: cinnamon again more pronounced at lower liquid levels.

Texture: a little bit more thicker than with the full glass. Smooth but not quite as smooth as with the almond milk

Mixed the same and residue at the sides of glass must've been due to almond milk as really wasn't any to mention with water

Still as filling as the other times

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a second shake today.

Mixed 1 cup of chocolate almond milk with the frosted cinnamon bun Promore.

The taste was nice. U still had the strong cinnamon flavor but that mix with the dark chocolate of the almond milk was surprisingly delicious.

Problem was it mixed horribly in the chocolate almond milk. It's def the way the milk meshes with the protein and not the protein bc water has been great. Reg alm milk had issues with residue at the sides and a bit harder to mix but with this it was very tough to actually as u can see I stopped trying to mix it and just drank it as it was.

The taste was delicious though but not really worth using chocolate almond milk bc of the mixing hassle.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mixed some cl Promore into my plain Chobani and it was pretty awesome.

The texture is super thick which makes sense as Greek yogurt is thick by itself. Creamy though too. The cin taste takes over and u would think you're having a high sugar cinnamon Greek yogurt. I actually have no idea why I'm hadn't thought of mixing protein into this before.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today I brought a scoop to work and had a blender bottle full of water with it.

Taste still surprisingly sharp and cinnamon. I really thought the sharpness of the cinnamon would greatly diminish in that amount of water but was pleasantly surprised it had not.

Texture was obviously not as thick. Not as creamy but still a bit. It's like with any protein, once u pass the 20oz mark they all get diluted and if they didn't that company would have a million dollar product.

It was filling and satisfying and still tasty. Personally I won't use this much water again as I do prefer my shakes thicker but it worked as a midday snack at work that didn't just take a cpl minutes to drink.

I've kinda run out of ideas so if anyone has anything they want me to try the Promore in I'm open to suggestions. I can bake something but to b honest I'm not even sure I'd be too keen on eating something I made lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here's my final review of Controlled Labs Frosted Cinnamon Bun Promore.

Taste:

The taste is very consistent regardless of what you use or how much you choose to use. There's an obvious watered down effect when additional liquid is used but that should go without saying. The cinnamon blast of flavor is the main event without a doubt. There is a nice subtle frosting like flavor but more so as an after taste imo. It's the cinnamon though that stands out. If u don't like a deep rich cinnamon taste this probably isn't for you. It's not a straight tasting cinnamon protein though either, as I mentioned there is a little frosting taste in there as well, and although subtle it does differentiate this from a pure cinnamon protein. Compared to other Frosted Cinnamon Bun proteins I've had Promore tops the list for taste. I just love that flavor blast of this cinnamon taste so much.

Mixability:

This mixes very well in water regardless the amount. Zero residue or clumps. With almond milk it's not as easy or top notch in mixability but still not terribly bad. You do get additional residue in this case though. However the chocolate almond milk doesn't mix well at all. Was very much a pain and there were clumps you had to beat down to get mixed in and definitely way to much residue. The taste is amazing just not worth the hassle imo.

Texture:

Even with 16 oz of water it's a really nice thickness. Consistent too. When you get to lowered water level it doesn't get super thick compared to the 16 oz which was somewhat disappointing but the thickness was perfect imo all in all. Thickness doesn't change using almond milks but the creaminess is enhanced using these. Which is important to note bc it goes down smoothly every time in water and has a nice creaminess to it there as well.

I also mixed with Greek yogurt and that was delicious. Very thick as you would expect and a wonderful cinnamon yogurt.

Overall I give this protein a 9/10 when consider everything. The only reason I didn't give a 10 is that the frosting could've been just a bit more prevalent to really take this over the top. When I want a Frosted Cinnamon Bun protein going forward, Promore is the one I will choose for sure.

Thanks again to CL for letting me try this flavor out.