Gaspari SizeOn Review Log

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
First off, a big thank you to Gaspari for the promo on Gaspari products. Not gonna lie, it was pretty easy choosing this product. I have plenty of protein, still have some Plasmajet, not a big fan of the new prohormones, so why not go for something that can help my performance at the gym?

I've used SizeOn in the past, while still being a noob, I thought it wasn't really worth it. Used to be anti-carb product kind of person. Now that I'm a bit more experienced in the gym, and after a year of taking it easy at the gym, I wanted to give it another shot as I'm kind of in a transformation stage. I'm taking a fat burner in the morning(Thermokal and Stimukal), but I'm not counting calories. I'm just eating like a bro, 5-7 meals a day, high protein, healthy carbs, fast-digesting carbs around my workouts. I train like the bro I used to be, and eat like the bro I used to be. It used to work great for me until I got into the 5/3/1, 5x5 type splits which kind of took the fun out of lifting for me.

My goals are to shed a bit of the fat I accumulated over the past year(about 25lbs worth!), while gaining some of my strength back. SizeOn is perfect for me currently, as my carbs are slightly lower throughout the day, but the fast-acting carbs/BCAAs/creatine around my workouts help me maintain, and even gain strength in the gym. So far, after 14 days of eating healthy, I'm down 5-6lbs and my abs are noticeably better looking, as well as my entire body in general.

Either way, this review log will be dedicated to my thoughts, performance notes, etc. at the gym while I run this. I'll post an official review when I'm done with it as well.

First workout thoughts- I got home after a long day at work, and took a nap. I like a 15 minute nap when I get home(around 7 or so). I was expecting it to arrive, but when I got home, it wasn't there. Good thing I took a nap, because when I was about to leave to hit my legs, I opened the door to a little box. Threw my carb loaded pre-workout out, refilled it with the same pre but no Carb10, took my SizeOn and went to the gym.

I have not been squatting for the past year. Nothing over 235 I believe, no deadlifts either. All of this due to a hernia issue I was having. Taking it light for a while has helped and I have no symptoms anymore. The only issue I have now is that my squat and deadlifts numbers are way down. I've been squatting in recent weeks, which is great, but my goal is to get back to my old max(350lb), and then some. Well, my first workout on SizeOn, I hit a 300lb squat with ease. I could have gone higher, but after not hitting 300 for over a year, I didn't want to push it too far. This was the big moment of that day, also did some deadlifts(315 for sets of 3). Workout felt great and I had plenty of endurance. My recovery was great and I my DOMS were no where near what I expected them to be. So far, very impressed!

2nd workout- hit some arms, and boy was it a fun workout. Had some great pumps, and great endurance. Not much to say except that I ended it with 100 reps of hammer curls with 10lb DBs. Biceps aren't sore, feeling it in my triceps if anything. I didn't eat much before this workout, so SizeOn def. helped me power through it.

These workouts are from last week, I'll be hitting chest tonight and back tomorrow morning before I head off to Vegas for business. Expect a log tonight and tomorrow.

Taste- the first time I had this product, I had the grape cooler flavors(bought multiple expired grape cooler trial containers really cheap). Got the same thing again, and it tastes exactly as I remember it. It's not overly flavored, and I'm sure the sugar in it helps. It's pleasant to sip on throughout my workout, and I actually refill it about 2-3 times throughout my workouts, one midway through, and the second time before cardio. The latter mostly for some flavor as I tread along. I actually look forward to drinking it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. I'm in!

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Had a chest workout today, while I did not do as good as I wanted on my decline bench, the rest of the workout felt pretty good, and I wanted to keep on going.

Loving the flavor of SizeOn, it's easy to drink, keeps me going, and adding water to it doesn't take away from the flavor too much.

Going to test it out tomorrow when I head to the gym for an early workout.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Subbed

dougefresh93

dougefresh93

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Had a chest workout today, while I did not do as good as I wanted on my decline bench, the rest of the workout felt pretty good, and I wanted to keep on going.

Loving the flavor of SizeOn, it's easy to drink, keeps me going, and adding water to it doesn't take away from the flavor too much.

Going to test it out tomorrow when I head to the gym for an early workout.

i usually drink 1/2 refill and complete, the flavor loss is minimal!

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
In for the log, great start. Congrats on the 300 squat! Getting back to your previous numbers for sure.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Another ++ for the SizeOn flavoring. The larger tubs now days also make me happier

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man, glad you are enjoying!!!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Great stuff man!!!

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
I had a back workout on Tuesday, went early in the AM. Had to get ready and head to Vegas for business reasons right after, so I was not able to update until now.

I went in with nothing but 25c in my stomach beforehand. I was still able to get a solid workout in with SizeOn. I felt like I could keep going, but knew I was limited on time. Had to skip cardio...

Now that I'm back, I'll be hitting legs tonight and hopefully going for a 315 squat, depending on how I feel.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
I had a back workout on Tuesday, went early in the AM. Had to get ready and head to Vegas for business reasons right after, so I was not able to update until now.

I went in with nothing but 25c in my stomach beforehand. I was still able to get a solid workout in with SizeOn. I felt like I could keep going, but knew I was limited on time. Had to skip cardio...

Now that I'm back, I'll be hitting legs tonight and hopefully going for a 315 squat, depending on how I feel.
That's the power of SizeOn right there! Hope you get that 3 plate squat.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Well, even though I'm a bit worn down from the Vegas trip(I only got 4 hours of sleep the night I stayed there), I managed to hit a 315 squat. I still can't fit into my Inzer belt, so I had to use a poverty Nike belt.

Took a big gulp of SizeOn before the lift(about 2 minutes before).

Still not bored of the flavor, honestly this might even become a staple, or at least I know I'll buy it again in the future.

Had a good workout for how I was feeling, skipped normal DLs however.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Had a fun quick workout today. Once in a while, I like to find random workouts on bodybuilding.com, just to spice things up. Remembered DTP arms being fun, so I went in and did that with 2 of my friends.

I would log the entire workout, but it's tedious typing it all out lol. Basically its a SS of 2 different exercises, with the first set being 40 reps(for each exercise), then 30, then 20, then 10 twice. After the first part, you do the same thing backwards on 2 different exercises that are SS. 10-10-20-30-40.

Cable Curls SS OH cable tricep ext

OH DB Tricep Ext SS Barbell curls

Pre- Legend, Plasmajet
SizeOn during...

Thought it would be fitting to take some plasmajet, honestly it just made the workout very painful lol. Still very fun nonetheless.

SinzeOn helped me push through for sure, I only had to pause rest on the last few sets of barbell curls. Last set ended up being 20lb for 40 reps lol. The pump was unreal, but I honestly felt like I could go on.

Hit abs after that and then did 30 minutes of LISS cardio.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Love to hear that SizeOn could be a staple in your supp routine! I know it is permanent for me now. Funny about the PlasmaJet LOL but I understand. The pumps are almost too good sometimes.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Alright, had a good weekend, with the Patriots winning and all :)

Hit chest today, because it's Monday, and that's what bros do.

Hit 225 on flat bench for the first time in well over a year. This was a great feeling, seems I'm on my way back to 250 again.

Flat bench-
worked up to 225-1, felt pretty good, probably could have hit it for 2

Incline Barbell
145-10/10/8
I typically hate this lift due to shoulder issues, but this low weight, high rep thing is working out pretty well.

Cable shoulder press-3 sets

Seated cable flyes-4 sets of 12

Incline Press machine-3 sets

DB lateral raises-3 sets of 15

Cable Tricep ext
Abs
20 minutes cardio

SizeOn- great endurance for this workout. Only had one meal for I went in, so it seems to be doing the trick. This was a higher volume workout as well, more than I usually do, and to feel good throughout it is great.

Still love the flavor as well. When I get this again, I'll stick with Grape probably.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Hit a back workout last night. Deadlifted for the first time in weeks.

Deadlifts

315-3
335-3
365-1
325-3
325-3

Barbell Rows
135-10
155-10
185-8x3

Single arms lat pulldowns-4 sets

Cable pullovers-4 sets

Machine lat pulldowns-3 sets

Rear delt cable row machine-4 sets

DB curls-3 sets

Abs, cardio

Quite a lot of volume, which is actually fun with SizeOn. Had plenty of endurance, and could have kept on going, but felt the need to get home and get some sleep lol.

Nothing bad to say about SizeOn so far.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Nice back workout, I also like to get the heavier compound lifts done before the other exercises. SizeOn for sure helps you get more volume in!

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Didn't log the last 2 days due to crazy amounts of work. Still got 2 gym sessions in. Hit legs on Thursday and arms yesterday. Woke up with a stuff neck yesterday and just felt beat up so I started a deload week. I'll pick it back up with arms this coming Friday. Sorry to Gaspari but I am going to not use SizeOn because I don't want to waste it on a deload week. Plus I'm going to Massachusetts for the Super Bowl, so my gym time may be limited while I'm across the country.

Leg day was pretty good. I hit 315 again and it went up easier than I had expected. Hit some set of 3 and 5 after that on lower weights.

Arms was kind of meh yesterday. With my neck being off, I took it very light and focused more on contraction than anything.

SizeOn- loving this stuff for sure. Endurance is noticeably up and hydration is not an issue. Recovery is there for sure. After not deadlifting for over a week, and hitting 365 for the first time in a while, I was still able to bang out a solid leg workout just 2 days after with minimal DOMS. Might pick up another tub of grape soon, just so I don't run out.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Didn't log the last 2 days due to crazy amounts of work. Still got 2 gym sessions in. Hit legs on Thursday and arms yesterday. Woke up with a stuff neck yesterday and just felt beat up so I started a deload week. I'll pick it back up with arms this coming Friday. Sorry to Gaspari but I am going to not use SizeOn because I don't want to waste it on a deload week. Plus I'm going to Massachusetts for the Super Bowl, so my gym time may be limited while I'm across the country.

Leg day was pretty good. I hit 315 again and it went up easier than I had expected. Hit some set of 3 and 5 after that on lower weights.

Arms was kind of meh yesterday. With my neck being off, I took it very light and focused more on contraction than anything.

SizeOn- loving this stuff for sure. Endurance is noticeably up and hydration is not an issue. Recovery is there for sure. After not deadlifting for over a week, and hitting 365 for the first time in a while, I was still able to bang out a solid leg workout just 2 days after with minimal DOMS. Might pick up another tub of grape soon, just so I don't run out.
It's all good, work puts things on hold sometimes. lol you're fine for not using it during your reload week! Nice to hear about the leg training and maybe arms will be better the next time.

I'm happy to hear that you are loving SizeOn! One of my favorite products ever for a good reason. Means a lot that you are thinking of picking up another tub too, we appreciate that support.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'm back from the Northeast. Got to see my patriots win. I've worked out twice since I got back, SizeOn still be awesome and all. Hectic weekend with it being my girlfriends bday. Tomorrow I will be back on track to finish this review log up.

Sorry for the break

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'm back from the Northeast. Got to see my patriots win. I've worked out twice since I got back, SizeOn still be awesome and all. Hectic weekend with it being my girlfriends bday. Tomorrow I will be back on track to finish this review log up.

Sorry for the break
You're completely fine, my man. Life happens. Glad to hear you're back on the workout train

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Alright, finally have some time to log again. Hit lower last night and upper just a bit ago.

I've decided to lower the weight of my deadlifts and do higher reps for the time being, mainly because I haven't done anything over 3 reps in years lol. I also have thrown out my back a couple times while deadlifting, so going strictly OH grip and lowering the weight should give me good results and prevent potential injuries.

Lower last night went well, worked up to 275 and did 3 sets of 8. Some thighsolator and leg ext to end it. SizeOn was doing its thing for sure because every set felt great.

Hit upper today, did not eat a lot before and was kind of rushed. Went to a different 24 hour for the first time, and everything just felt off. All the benches were taken as well. Worst gym I've been to in a long time actually, ALL of the dumbbells were mixed up. Was still able to get some good sets of Incline Chest Press and lat pulldown.

Must say, when I buy SizeOn for myself, I will for sure just get the grape again. It's my favorite tasting intra to date. I won't even bother trying another flavor lol.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Alright, finally have some time to log again. Hit lower last night and upper just a bit ago.

I've decided to lower the weight of my deadlifts and do higher reps for the time being, mainly because I haven't done anything over 3 reps in years lol. I also have thrown out my back a couple times while deadlifting, so going strictly OH grip and lowering the weight should give me good results and prevent potential injuries.

Lower last night went well, worked up to 275 and did 3 sets of 8. Some thighsolator and leg ext to end it. SizeOn was doing its thing for sure because every set felt great.

Hit upper today, did not eat a lot before and was kind of rushed. Went to a different 24 hour for the first time, and everything just felt off. All the benches were taken as well. Worst gym I've been to in a long time actually, ALL of the dumbbells were mixed up. Was still able to get some good sets of Incline Chest Press and lat pulldown.

Must say, when I buy SizeOn for myself, I will for sure just get the grape again. It's my favorite tasting intra to date. I won't even bother trying another flavor lol.
I know how you feel about changing to a different gym.. sometimes it just feels completely off and throws you out of your element. Nothing wrong with sticking to a flavor that you know you like! Personally, I love the Arctic Lemon Ice.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Last 3 workouts have been solid. Great recovery, progressing, hydrated...

Endurance is always there.

Taste is still on point and I look forward to drinking it every workout. After I'm done with this, I have a tub of Ghost Amino to go through, but will def. buy this afterwards.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
I have about 2 servings left with SizeOn. Which is kind of making me sad, yet I know I will probably buy some after I'm done with the Ghost Aminos tub I have sitting around.

I'll post a final review here when I get back from a business trip in Vegas on Thursday. I'll have to say it's my favorite intra to date. Everything from taste to results have been phenomenal. I've gained quite a bit of my strength back, my recovery is awesome, and it takes care of the whole "me forgetting to take my creatine at least 4 times a week" issue I've had this past year.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
I have about 2 servings left with SizeOn. Which is kind of making me sad, yet I know I will probably buy some after I'm done with the Ghost Aminos tub I have sitting around.

I'll post a final review here when I get back from a business trip in Vegas on Thursday. I'll have to say it's my favorite intra to date. Everything from taste to results have been phenomenal. I've gained quite a bit of my strength back, my recovery is awesome, and it takes care of the whole "me forgetting to take my creatine at least 4 times a week" issue I've had this past year.
Good deal, recovery is everything. Looking forward to your final review!

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
4.5/5

I posted this in the review section as well, just so others could see it. Here is a copy/paste. Overall I was very pleased with SizeOn, and will be buying it in the near future. Thank you for the opportunity!

4.5/5

I will start by saying I used to be totally and anti-carb supplement guy. I would say things like, "they are all just expensive sugar", "insulin and stuff is overthinking it", and "just eat real food". I ran SizeOn several years back, and thought it was overhyped. Until recently, I began to appreciate peri-workout carbs more, so I've certainly matured.

Flavor(5/5): I had the grape flavor, and enjoyed it more than any other intra-workout. The sugar probably helped, but for whatever reason, it never got old and I enjoyed it every single time. In fact, when I get this again, I will stick with the grape flavor, as I don't want to risk anything.

Effectiveness(4.5/5): SizeOn was great as an intra-workout supplement. I went back to bro splits(now back to Upper/Lower), and my endurance shot up every workout. I hit old numbers that seemed to elude me for the past year, which was a great confidence booster. Recovery was certainly increased(BCAAs), and reps went up as well, probably due to the creatine. What I love about SizeOn is that I don't have to think about taking creatine everyday. I typically only need to take creatine 4 days a week to notice anything, and since I workout 4 days a week, it works out well. Solid and convenient through and through.

Value(4.5/5): SizeOn can be found at very reasonable prices. I've seen it for as little as $33 on some websites. That's a solid price to pay for a creatine, carb, bcaa, electrolyte product that tastes great and works well.

Overall(4.5/5) I really enjoyed my experience with SizeOn, the taste is amazing, the increase in performance and recovery is noticeable, and the product is fairly priced. I will be buying this for myself again in the near future.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I posted this in the review section as well, just so others could see it. Here is a copy/paste. Overall I was very pleased with SizeOn, and will be buying it in the near future. Thank you for the opportunity!

4.5/5

I will start by saying I used to be totally and anti-carb supplement guy. I would say things like, "they are all just expensive sugar", "insulin and stuff is overthinking it", and "just eat real food". I ran SizeOn several years back, and thought it was overhyped. Until recently, I began to appreciate peri-workout carbs more, so I've certainly matured.

Flavor(5/5): I had the grape flavor, and enjoyed it more than any other intra-workout. The sugar probably helped, but for whatever reason, it never got old and I enjoyed it every single time. In fact, when I get this again, I will stick with the grape flavor, as I don't want to risk anything.

Effectiveness(4.5/10): SizeOn was great as an intra-workout supplement. I went back to bro splits(now back to Upper/Lower), and my endurance shot up every workout. I hit old numbers that seemed to elude me for the past year, which was a great confidence booster. Recovery was certainly increased(BCAAs), and reps went up as well, probably due to the creatine. What I love about SizeOn is that I don't have to think about taking creatine everyday. I typically only need to take creatine 4 days a week to notice anything, and since I workout 4 days a week, it works out well. Solid and convenient through and through.

Value(4.5/5): SizeOn can be found at very reasonable prices. I've seen it for as little as $33 on some websites. That's a solid price to pay for a creatine, carb, bcaa, electrolyte product that tastes great and works well.

Overall(4.5/5) I really enjoyed my experience with SizeOn, the taste is amazing, the increase in performance and recovery is noticeable, and the product is fairly priced. I will be buying this for myself again in the near future.
Nice review..Size On is one of my must have supps

dougefresh93

dougefresh93

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hope the 4.5/10 for effectiveness is a typo! :)

Thank u for your time & detailed review

SizeOn has been a staple of mine, long b4 I repped for Gaspari!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I hope the 4.5/10 for effectiveness is a typo! :)

Thank u for your time & detailed review

SizeOn has been a staple of mine, long b4 I repped for Gaspari!
I didn't catch that either

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very nice review, glad you enjoyed the product.

SizeOn is my favorite Gaspari product, and I'm dead serious about that. I was one of the first users of it when it hit the market (way back in 2007 or 2008) and I can honestly say I've probably used it at least 9 or 10 months out of every single year since then. I love it THAT much and believe in it THAT much :)

-Spaz