On going supplement review log

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This log will be a place for me to write reviews of the many, and I do mean, many products I try.

I'll list product, flavor, number of times used and as detailed a review as I can. And of course field any ? As well.

For products that I'm running a full log on I'll link up to that log( after I figure out how to link things lol)

Currently I'm running a sponsored log for peako2 and have about 1.5-2 weeks left. Loving it so far btw.

Products that I'll put reviews up soon:

PES Select Protein. Chocolate PB flavor
Jym protein. Red Velvet Cake flavor
Conquer unleashed PWO kandy krush flavor
Mesomorph PWO. Rocket Pop and Tutti Frutti flavors
Prolific PWO Cotton Candy flavor
Kraken PWO sex on the beach flavor

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First one.

Ratings are out of 10

Jym red velvet cake protein
Times used:4 so far. 2 in 16 oz cups, 2 times post workout in blender bottle

Taste 9
Never had this flavor protein b4, but really like it. Not too strong just the right amount of sweet. You can actually taste a frosting flavor in there.

Mixability: 2 for cup. 10 for blender bottles
With the cup it's clumped to the sides each time and some of the protein refuses to mix at all

Satiability: 10 very satisfying.

Drawbacks: 1. This is a major pet peeve of mine. This protein is the messiest one I've ever bought, the powder just seems to go everywhere. 2 3.5 g fat. Not a deal breaker but I prefer that .5-2 range for post workout. 3. Cost. 35$ for 25 servings.

I'll consider repurchase but I rate this behind others when factoring everything together.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sticking with protein

PES Select. Chocolate Peanut Butter

Times used: 3. Two in cups. 1 double serving post wo in blender bottle

Taste: 10. Unbelievable. Best tasting pb protein I've ever had. Pb is my favorite flavor and I've had virtually every one made and I thought syntha6 original was the cream of the crop but that has 6 g of fat and this has 1 per serving and tastes better.

Mixability: 10. For both ways I've tried it. Everything mixes perfectly with ease.

Satiability: 10. Extremely satisfying

Drawbacks. None. And at 62$ for 55 servings pretty much a bargain

This will b my new go to protein. And I like it so much I plan on buying snicker doodle and chocolate cupcake flavors soon as well

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mesomorph PWO

Times used: countless

Ok guys if you've read my logs u know I'd get down on one knee and propose to mesomorph if it wasn't frowned upon in most circles. So I'll make this review extremely short.

10s across the board in every category possible

Extreme energy, fantastic pump feeling, and very nice focus. It's got Dmaa. So if u aren't Into extreme pres than start off slow and assess your tolerance.

I go back and forth between rocket pop and tutti frutti flavors. They're so good I never swerve to other flavors. Rocket pop my favorite.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Conquer unleashed kandy krush flavor

Times used 1

Got this in a sample pack a month or so back and prob unfair of me to even review after 1 time but anyway

Taste: 7.5. The taste was good but there was just something off to me, like it definitely could've been better but I couldn't put finger on what that would b

Effectiveness: 6

I got some good energy from it and had a decent workout but pump wasn't crazy and to be honest kinda crashed midway through workout which almost never happens to me.

Again it was one dosing and I really like OL products a ton so I'd love to get some more to give it a real shot and see if this one day was just an anomaly

I'm pretty sure though that unless I got it for free I'd most likely check out a different flavor, but that said if the deal was right, based on my overall opinion of OL and their line I'd prob buy it and give it an extended look at.

But this one time is all I have to go on and therefore this is what I've got for this PWO

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was a fan of Conquer unleashed when it came out. Flavor wasn't anything special, but the feels were definitely there. Picked up 2 or 3 tubs, and got pretty tired of it by the end.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First one.

Ratings are out of 10

Jym red velvet cake protein
Times used:4 so far. 2 in 16 oz cups, 2 times post workout in blender bottle

Taste 9
Never had this flavor protein b4, but really like it. Not too strong just the right amount of sweet. You can actually taste a frosting flavor in there.

Mixability: 2 for cup. 10 for blender bottles
With the cup it's clumped to the sides each time and some of the protein refuses to mix at all

Satiability: 10 very satisfying.

Drawbacks: 1. This is a major pet peeve of mine. This protein is the messiest one I've ever bought, the powder just seems to go everywhere. 2 3.5 g fat. Not a deal breaker but I prefer that .5-2 range for post workout. 3. Cost. 35$ for 25 servings.

I'll consider repurchase but I rate this behind others when factoring everything together.
Never even heard of Jym. I tried MTS Machine Whey Red Velvet Cake and wow, incredible. Even with tap water it was good. About $50 for a 5lb tub. BUT...theyre American Apple Pie tastes like grandma made it, and the Pumpkin pie is like someone smashed Thanksgiving into a shaker cup. Just and FYI

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jym is Jim stoppanis brand

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PWO

PEScience Prolific
Flavor cotton candy
Times used 2
Shoulder/traps/arms and legs/calves

Excellent tasting. Sweet yet subtly delicious

Nice pump on arm day. Not much of a noticeable one for leg day

Energy level is pretty smooth but doesn't last an entire workout. Let me preface that. If you're workout is 45-60 minutes u r g2g. Not a crash but a noticeable loss of the fuel felt that first hr for the last 30 minutes of each workout

That all said I like what it gave me enough for a definite listing in my future purchase PWO log I keep.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PWO

Spartas Kraken

Flavor sex on the beach

I bought a tub of this on Black Friday sale.

I was in love with the profile. And unfortunately hyped the hell out of this pre in my mind. That never pans out.

That said I had to take a step back and assess this pre based on what it is and not the unreal expectations I placed on it b4 ever trying it

Times used 2. Chest/back and legs/calves

Taste: definitely an acquired one. It smells so so good after opening up the bottle. It tastes unique for sure. Odd actually but not bad, not delicious but not bad. What they did though that amazes me is a dead on simulation of the alcohol taste from the actual drink. Amazing really how they did that

Energy. Very smooth no crash. Lasted throughout each workout of 90 minutes each.

Really good pump in chest back day. Ok one fir leg day. Actually calves got pumped solidly.

Found a bit of strength increase each workout too but I never like to attribute that solely to a pre as imo there r many factors involved in any days strength gain. But in any case all major leg fits for each day went up when taking.

Definitely rebuying. But will try sour gummy bear next which I've been told is very solid tasting

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Never even heard of Jym. I tried MTS Machine Whey Red Velvet Cake and wow, incredible. Even with tap water it was good. About $50 for a 5lb tub. BUT...theyre American Apple Pie tastes like grandma made it, and the Pumpkin pie is like someone smashed Thanksgiving into a shaker cup. Just and FYI
I used Jym from when it came out , use to love the whole line , till 2 things happened 1) it started being made by 2 different companies one being GNC. 2) I found DMAA preworkouts lmao

Also bloodnthunder was this GNC or BB brand ?

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used Jym from when it came out , use to love the whole line , till 2 things happened 1) it started being made by 2 different companies one being GNC. 2) I found DMAA preworkouts lmao

Also bloodnthunder was this GNC or BB brand ?
I bought jym at gnc. Almost never buy sh1t there either but those fires ft had to go fight screwed up my shipments and was out there f protein. So thought I'd give jym a try

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
I bought jym at gnc. Almost never buy sh1t there either but those fires ft had to go fight screwed up my shipments and was out there f protein. So thought I'd give jym a try
My training partner works at gnc so there's a couple things I pick up at good prices , asking cuz I haven't seen any other feedback on the Jym stuff from there , might give pre/post another shot if I ever run out of pwo again lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My training partner works at gnc so there's a couple things I pick up at good prices , asking cuz I haven't seen any other feedback on the Jym stuff from there , might give pre/post another shot if I ever run out of pwo again lol
Lol. That's funny. Bc my buddy works there too. So it's cool bc if I need to st least I get discount. I really don't have anything vs any of the big box stores but they a.) r too overpriced and b.) don't carry the really good stuff for the most part. There's a store about 20 min from here that just opened and they're local store but they sell dust. So gonna check them out when I get some free time.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Lol. That's funny. Bc my buddy works there too. So it's cool bc if I need to st least I get discount. I really don't have anything vs any of the big box stores but they a.) r too overpriced and b.) don't carry the really good stuff for the most part. There's a store about 20 min from here that just opened and they're local store but they sell dust. So gonna check them out when I get some free time.
I hear you , he gets me hooked up , payed ~$35 for 12 lbs of protein lol I ain't passing that up, and cases of bang sometimes I got the hookup on , also the little things fish oil and all that stuff animal pak sometimes . But the main store I go to has everything from dust , Plasmajet and local preworkouts (strong as balls) to dmz epistane and all the good old school stuff . Plus I'm cool as fucc with the guy that works there that he hooks me up as much as he can as well lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hear you , he gets me hooked up , payed ~$35 for 12 lbs of protein lol I ain't passing that up, and cases of bang sometimes I got the hookup on , also the little things fish oil and all that stuff animal pak sometimes . But the main store I go to has everything from dust , Plasmajet and local preworkouts (strong as balls) to dmz epistane and all the good old school stuff . Plus I'm cool as fucc with the guy that works there that he hooks me up as much as he can as well lol
Damn I really hope this new stores like that. I know they got dust but man oh man if they got all that other stuff it'll cost me a ton bc I'm the type of person that if I put my hands on a product that interests me I'm so impulsive I usually get it then and there not like net where I have that distance so to speak where I can easily click away