Ms-Mac: Busting the gut with EvoMuse SuperNova

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
First off a HUGE thank you to Dsade for choosing me to log this product. Can't wait to see what this can do.:)

I received my bottle a couple of weeks ago, but due to a beach vacation I chose to not start the product until I returned. Water retention and bikinis don't mix.;) I came back late last night, so first application was this morning after showering. Normally I will apply pre w\o and pre bed on training days and post shower and pre bed on non training days.

First impressions:

Looks like melted shiit. LOL!
Smell is not near as bad as I expected.
Went on pretty smoothly
Not sticky or tacky
Dried fairly quickly

I am in maintenance mode from now until end of Dec. Body fat is roughly 20%. Problem areas that I will be applying to:
lower belly pooch
hips and butt
thighs

I also have some cellulite on my butt and back of the thighs that I will be keeping a close eye on with SN.

Measurements as of this morning - Sept 3rd 2016

Waist at the belly button - 29 3\4"
Lower pooch - 35"
Hips\Butt - 37"
Right thigh - 21 1\2"
Left thigh - 21 1\4"

Weight - unknown .;)

Training:

Up until last week I was following a 4 day Power Muscle Burn hybrid program. Last week was a rest week and I will return to lifting on Monday. I am thinking I may switch up to an 8*3 program but have not made a final decision yet. May just stick with PMB. I will also be doing 2 cardio days. Cardio varies between HIIT and steady state....whatever I feel like on those days.

Suppplements:

SuperNova
Brite
Pre workout (right now its Super Freak by Pharma Freak)

Will snap some pics tomorrow.

There you go, folks. If I am missing anything else let me know.:)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Up here in dis joint

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Go get it!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for this. Great start. Funny, my gfs said exactly the same thing the other day...she looked over as I smeared it on my gut and she said, "what is that? It looks like you are smearing poop on yourself."

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for this. Great start. Funny, my gfs said exactly the same thing the other day...she looked over as I smeared it on my gut and she said, "what is that? It looks like you are smearing poop on yourself."
Who hasn't fantasized about that once in a while?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Starting Pics

Thanks everyone.:) Here are my starting pics - taken just now. Post workout, post shower, no food yet, but a litre of water..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not bad at all with the cellulite, and it's definitely going to be easier to tell with your decent leg development. I'm glad I chose you to test this, for sure

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No fair DSade. She's already in pretty good shape. You are hedging your bets on this one.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No fair DSade. She's already in pretty good shape. You are hedging your bets on this one.
The nature of cellulite is connective tissue conformation, so her level of shape won't affect our ability to judge if it works or not.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^This. And I'd say a fair bit above "pretty good" shape.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She's been a loyal EvoMuse customer for years. That should explain that. :)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The nature of cellulite is connective tissue conformation, so her level of shape won't affect our ability to judge if it works or not.
Regardless, you brought in a ringer. Remind me never to play pool with you.

I agree, I wasn't implying otherwise...just understating.

She's been a loyal EvoMuse customer for years. That should explain that. :)
Ahhh, that makes sense now. I still don't want to gamble against you, haha.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All in good fun dsade. Props to ms_mac for being in great shape! I suppose my first post should have just been "subbed", cause I was interested in the results.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
In some ways starting in very good shape works against EvoMuse. Harder to see big differences when the subject is already looking great.

It will be very interesting to see how this does.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In some ways starting in very good shape works against EvoMuse. Harder to see big differences when the subject is already looking great.

You're absolutely correct, especially when it comes to products like Epitome. The great thing about Supernova, though, it that it is working very well at higher body fat levels. Generally, before Supernova, the results you could get from a topical were highly limited.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Not bad at all with the cellulite, and it's definitely going to be easier to tell with your decent leg development. I'm glad I chose you to test this, for sure

Aw thanks!

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Regardless, you brought in a ringer. Remind me never to play pool with you.

I agree, I wasn't implying otherwise...just understating.

Ahhh, that makes sense now. I still don't want to gamble against you, haha.

I wouldn't gamble against him either. He knows his stuff.:)

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
All in good fun dsade. Props to ms_mac for being in great shape! I suppose my first post should have just been "subbed", cause I was interested in the results.
Welcome to the party.:)

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards

You're absolutely correct, especially when it comes to products like Epitome. The great thing about Supernova, though, it that it is working very well at higher body fat levels. Generally, before Supernova, the results you could get from a topical were highly limited.

I am excited to see what happens with SN.....based on my past experience with Matt's products, they deliver, so I am expecting big things.:)

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Day 2 Sept 4th 2016

So yesterday I applied SN pre bed and quickly realized what happens when you don't shower before hand. It did not rub in easily and and dead skin was flaking off and turning brown. Not a pretty site. LOL.

I applied my first application this morning pre w\o, again before showering. Same flakes. Smell is again not terrible, though. Tolerable.

Evening application just now but I showered first. Much smoother after showering. No flaking and rubbed in pretty easily. Dried pretty quickly, too. Takes a few minutes to dry if I haven't showered before hand.

Some testers have noted that it feels like Icy Hot. I am getting none of that. Also no excessive sweating or increased body heat on the areas I am applying. Woke up this morning with a bit of belly bloat, but I am still in vacation mode so I am blaming that on the 3 beer I had last night.;)

Today was a cardio day - ran a 4 mile loop at my local hiking trail - 40:19.

Back to the iron in the morning!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
dsade, does she have the latest version? Seems unlikely if she's not getting ANY Icy Hot feeling.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade, does she have the latest version? Seems unlikely if she's not getting ANY Icy Hot feeling.
Pretty sure hers went out with the first batch, she just delayed starting the log until after vacation.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Pretty sure hers went out with the first batch, she just delayed starting the log until after vacation.
Yup, mine is the first batch.

On a side note my Brite this time around - all I can taste is peppermint oil, where as the first batch I had a couple months ago tasted like straight up olive oil. Liking this batch better. LOL!

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Day 3 Sept 5th 2016

Back at the gym today! Back and Bi's:

BB Row - 8*3 - 115lbs
KB one arm row - 4*8,8,6,6 - 50lbs
2 Handle bar Lat Pulldown - 2*6 - 90lbs, 2*8 - 80lbs
HyperExtensions - 4*12
BB Row - 3*15,15,12 - 60lbs
BB Curl - 1*5 - 60lbs, 3*8 - 50lbs
CrossBody Curl - 1*6 - 25lbs, 3*8 - 20lbs
BB Curl - 1*50 - 20lbs

Macros for the day:
Cals = 1986
Fat = 70
Carbs = 198
Pro = 156

Nothing new to report. Applied SN pre w\o and before bed. Still not feeling any increase in bodyheat. I am holding some water, but I am not sure if its from vacation food and booze or SN. Time will tell.:)

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Day 4 Sept 6th 2016

Yup....definitely holding some water with SN. In the lower belly area.....but I shall soldier on and see what happens.:)

Shoulder today:

OHP - 8*3 - 60lbs
One Arm DB OHP - 4*6 - 30lbs
Plate Raise - 4*8 - 25lbs
Bradfords - 4*8 - 40lbs
Front\Side Raise - 3*15 - 10lbs
Rear Bent Fly - 1*40 - 10lbs
Hanging leg raise - 3*12
Oblique weighted twist - 3*12
Planks - 3*60 sec

Macros:

Cals - 1948
Fat - 50
Carbs - 236
Pro - 151

Last night my husband asked me what that smell was - apparently it smells like pine trees.:eek:

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, great workouts. Some of your numbers are probably pretty close to mine.

Great diet consistency too!

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
Lol, a couple of my female coworkers told me I had a "woodsy smell," one of the girls I kind of like calls me campfire boy :smoker:

Last night my husband asked me what that smell was - apparently it smells like pine trees.:eek:

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Day 5 Sept 7th 2016

Cardio day today: Ran on the treadmill - went like this:

1 min@4mph
3 [email protected]
1 min@8mph

Repeat for 30 min......dying.:eek:

Macros:

Cals = 1929
fat = 47
carb = 232
pro = 151

Not noticing any water retention on my butt or thighs...just the belly. I am noticing my cottage cheese lumps are getting slightly smoother. Good news!

vascopro

vascopro

Awards
  • Established
I'm eating almost the same but different macros!!
2000-2200 cals...
Waiting for my Supernova to arrive in Europe!!

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Days 6-8, Sept 8th, 9th and 10th 2016

I'm eating almost the same but different macros!!
2000-2200 cals...
Waiting for my Supernova to arrive in Europe!!
You must be on a strict hard and fast cut. 2000 is just slightly under maintenance for me. Hope your SN arrives soon.:)

Thurs - Day 6 - Legs:

Squats - 8*3,3,2,2,2,2 - 135lbs......my squat has always sucked!
Calfs - 3*20 - 135lbs
RDL - 8*3,2,2,2,2,2,1,1 - 165lbs
Leg Press - 4*8 - 450lbs
Leg Curl - 4*10 - 60lbs
Leg Ext - 3*10 - 50lbs
DBDL - 3*15 - 30lbs
Goblets - 1*25 - 20lbs
Good Mornings - 1*45 - 30lbs

Fri - Day 7 - Chest and Tri's

Bench - 8*1 - 115lbs
DB Incline - 4*8,8,8,6 - 40lbs
DB Decline - 4*8,6,6,6 - 40lbs
One Arm Machine Bench - 3*10 - 35lbs
Flies - 3*15,12,12 - 20lbs
DB Bench - 1*30 - 20lbs
Dips - 4*5,4,3,3
Tri Ext w\rope - 3*12 - 15lbs
Skulls - 1*50 - 10lbs

Today is a rest day and Day8 of SN. I think I may be using too much product.....seems my bottle is about 1\2 gone. Not sure how long a bottle is supposed to last ...anyway, used a little less this morning and hopefully it will last a bit longer than 2 weeks.

Bloat is still there, but again, I am thinking I am just using too much. Lets see what less does.:)

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Day 9 Sept 11 2016

Just a cardio day today - ran on the treaddie since it was pouring rain today:

1 min @4mph
2 min @6.5
2 min @8

Repeat for 30 min total - 3.3 miles

Macros as usual. I aim for 2000 cals, 150 grams of protein and fat and carbs fall where they may.

Used a it less product this morning.....I hope now I am using enough. I use now about a dime size amount for each area - lower belly, hips and thighs. I am not sure a proper amount per use has ever been established?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great workouts. Impressive work.

vascopro

vascopro

Awards
  • Established
My metabolism is not very fast.

On keto I can go to almost 3000 cals, but on a more Paleo style I can't go over 2500 cals...

So, for me about minus 15% is more like a recomp...

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Day 10 Sept 12th 2016

So I swear that even though I am holding some water, I am feeling leaner. I am not cutting, just staying at maintenance or thereabouts so the fact that I a feeling leaner on SN really speaks volumes. I am going to take 2 week measurements and pics this weekend and that will tell the tale.:)

Back and Bi's today:

BB Row - 8*3 - 120lbs
One Arm DB row - 4*8 - 50lbs
2 Handle Pull down - 4*8 - 80lbs
Reverse Grip Pull down - 3*12,10,8 - 80lbs
HyperExt - 3*15
Straight Arm Pull down - 1*50

BB Curl - 4*5,5,5,4 - 60lbs
Cross Body Curl - 3*12 - 20lbs

Still applying pre w\o and once more in the evening. No issues with drying or staining my clothes. Smell is not quite so pungent since I am using less product....LOL! However, I am still not feeling any extra body heat like most others are. No matter, its still doing its job.:)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DANG, Girl! You're tossing around some serious weights there!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just looking at that barbell row number makes my back hurt.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Day 11 Sept 13th 2016

DANG, Girl! You're tossing around some serious weights there!
Just looking at that barbell row number makes my back hurt.
Definitely moving some legit weight. Nice work.
Aw thanks guys! You should know how to make a lady blush.;)

Shoulders and Abs today - Shoulder numbers are pretty unimpressive. My shoulders are weak and seems no matter what I do, they refuse to grow.:(

OHP - 8*3 - 65lbs
One Arm DB OHP - 4*8,6,6,6 - 30lbs
Bradfords - 4*10,8,7,7 - 40lbs
Plate Raise - 3*10 - 25lbs
Front\Side T's - 3*15,13,12 - 12.5lbs
DB Shrug - 1*50

Ab Machine Crunch - 3*12
Obliques - 3*12
Plank - 3*75 sec, 60 sec, 60 sec.

Calories are a bit higher than normal today - damn ice cream for dinner.:eek:

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
I finished the beta formula and started on V2..getting more of the Bengay burning sensation others describe..also it is much thinner less like lotion..and smells stronger less woodsy but more horse linament smell..hope this rids me of water..is that your assessment so far?

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
I am using the original beta. I am getting none of the warmth that others have described or any type of burning sensation. And my hubby tells me I smell like pine trees.;) And the original does not have the diuretic in it so the bloat is real. Did you take any time off between the 2? Or just rolled into the 2nd version? Curious as to how long it takes for the bloat to subside after discontinuing the product..