Olestra Prepares for First Powerlifting Meet with PhD Test Matrix

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Hello everyone.

Here I will be logging my experience training with PhD Test Matrix, a natural testosterone booster offered by PhD Supplements.

What I am attempting to accomplish:

At the end of this month I will be participating in my first powerlifting meet. I will attempt to beat all of my PR's at this meet, which are:

Squat: 280
Deadlift: 355
Bench Press: 170

These aren't exactly impressive numbers, I know. But if you knew where I was when I started out you'd be at least as impressed as I am :)

Why I chose Test Matrix

I am simply looking for a mental edge in my training to get that extra rep and/or 5 pounds on the bar. Strength is the goal. Whether or not my T levels actually rise is a secondary effect, to me. I don't expect a major increase in my size and I won't be getting bloodwork done.

I have used several other T boosters in the past. Some I liked, some I didn't notice much. I chose Test Matrix because of its ingredient profile. *Quality* Tribulus and Fenugreek extracts are the centerpiece of the formula, and in both my personal research and experience, these seem to be effective, but there are several other nice ingredients as well. (full label below)

About me:
Height: 6'1
Weight:181
Lifting experience: 3 years
Strict powerlifting experience: 13 months

My workout program is based off of Jonnie Candito's linear strength program. Mostly for the lower body stuff though, because I tend to mix up the upper body work.

My diet will contain roughly 2600 calories and 125 grams of protein every day, although I am not strict with it.

How this log will work:

Once a week, the day after my heavy squat/deadlift day, I will update the log with:

- The numbers I put up on my heavy squat and deadlift day
- How I have felt in and out of the gym
- How my recovery has been
- Maybe some other stuff that comes to mind

As a baseline, here is what I did on Sunday 1/31 (took my first dose that night):

Squat:
3 x 6 @ 235

Deadlift:
2 x 6 @ 295

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Yesterday's work sets:

Squat:
3 x 6 @ 235

Deadlift:
2 x 6 @295

Chose not to try to go up in my lifts because I wasn't feeling 100% (just one of those days) and they were pretty hard last week anyway. Was a good session. Felt a good amount of drive to get those last reps and sets. Legs are a little sore today.

I have switched to using Test Matrix in the morning and preworkout because taking it at night was giving me trouble falling alseep. Here's my reasoning as to why this has been happening:

Fenugreek, one of Test Matrix's main components, has shown MAO-I properties, which are mild CNS stimulants. Ginseng is another herb with these properties. Ginseng is typically not taken before bed because of its energizing effects, so it seems to make sense that fenugreek should not be taken before bed either.

I have found that I feel more energized ~30-45 minutes after taking a morning dose of Test Matrix. Of course, this could be placebo. But I do respond well to ginseng so it does make sense. I am now dosing at 2 caps in the morning, and 2 caps preworkout.

Workouts have been good over the last week. Its hard to tell how truly effective T boosters are, and what effects are placebo and what aren't, but if Text Matrix is doing one thing, I would say that it is helping me push hard for that extra rep.

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Forgot to update the log last week. Workouts have been good. I have been doing sets of three over the past couple weeks. My last heavy workout was:

squat 6 x 3 @ 250

deadlift 3 x 3 @ 315

Everything feels good to go. Workouts have felt awesome. Meet is in a few days!

Olestra

Olestra

Awards
Thanks for the encouraging words Audioph1x.

Alright so it's been a really busy week and I havent updated the log, but the meet went really well. I hit all my PRs:

290 squat
175 bench
365 deadlift

The weights went up EASY. Got three white lights on all lifts and honestly surprised myself with how smooth and easy they all were. Could have done another 10-15 lbs on each, I think. I was 100% rested after tapering off the training in the last week before the meet so that definitely had something to do with it, as well as the adrenaline of lifting in front of a crowd.

As for Text Matrix: I'd say it definitely helped in some way. Really, just from a mental energy/aggression during training standpoint I felt a mild but noticeable difference. Of course, this could be placebo, but I had a sense of higher alertness kick in roughly 30 mins after taking it every day so take that for what you will.

I think it's a solid product that may well have an increasing effect on Testosterone, and it did what I wanted it to. I'll probably consider using it again in the future if need be.