BeardedBreast- Conqu3r UNLEASHED log (w/special guests: SL, Ep1c, Most Wanted, Ergo9)

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bearded Breast​

Background​

I know many of you and many of you may remember me. I have been gone for many years.

I have been in and out of the health and fitness industry for the past 19 years, when I first stepped on stage, in the NPC.

I have a degree in marketing, from a top state university, as well as many certs/degrees in nutrition and fitness

I have worked for and with supplement companies, since the days of SoCal Sports Supps and aloe creatine.

I have won best back in an NPC competition

I have had surgeries on most of my joints.

I still tear up the gym 5-6 days/wk (though have taken months off, here and there). Throughout the years, my goals have changed and my training styles have reflected that. I have weighed everywhere from 163 to 224 lbs. I compete best at 185.

I am currently coming off a 4 month off spell, which ballooned my 34 y/o 5' 10" 198 to 221.

I have since reduced that to 193, as of today, 11/7/2015

My supplement routine to accomplish that, paired with my volume style bodybuilding:
Whey, Elim1nate, SL, Ep1c, Clear, PWOs, Thermos, Xtend, Shift, Maca, Trib, Tongkat, Longjack & Growth by BL

This is easily the fastest I've pulled my abs out of my ass, coming off a fatty break.

Present

Having a background in nutrition and being an accomplished cook, I eat clean and make all my own food.

Next post will be regarding my first workout/experience with Conqu3r Uleashed, on 11/6/15, to be posted shortly

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

My first day with Conqu3r Unleashed

For reference, I will show you the stats from my Microsoft Band2, for comparison. (Traded in my Ambit, hoping to be able to go strapless for the first time ever)

Thursday was Shoulders and Calves day, which would normally have a similar heart rate range to Chest or Back

Pretty standard

Friday was my first day on Conqu3r Unleashed and despite normally being a less strenuous day (Bis&Tris which I rarely do together), the results were noteworthy.

I drank my 2 scoops of CU, on the drive to the gym

I did my standard 10 min 3mph @ 8% grade warmup, into 3 sets hammer curls.

I felt nothing during treadmill warmup and even entering my first sets of bar curls.

Once I hit my first sets with the bar, it was game on.

I hit 2 sets before hitting my volume weight, which for most bodyparts, I do 6 sets for 8 reps, with very controlled speed. I also split them between narrow and wide grip.

I supersetted high cable rope extensions with each set. The final two sets were palms down high cable push downs.

I definitely had tunnel vision once into my working sets and even at failure, my mind was still calling me a giant vag for not breaking form for more reps. My focus was perfectly clear however. Not like when one is overly stimmed and can't even remember how many reps you did on the last set.

I could already see that I was running an HR that would have been more typical of Squat or Deads day.

By the time I started dropping weight by 20% a set for cool down, I could feel the strain that had been put on my body.

It's not uncommon for me to bring up my intra BCAAs into my mouth and choke them back down, after a killer workout. This normally only happens on major muscle group days though and only a couple times a month.

I was still feeling like the fist of an angry god, as I closed out my workout and head 10 min left, before needing to hit the shower. Due to still being in Hulk mode and wanting to try my first jog with my new Band2, I headed to the indoor track.

I had barely set down my phone and towel, before I chunked a bit. Just a little one, so I started to jog. 10 more steps and did it again.

****, not happening. Grabbed my **** and headed to the locker.

dry heave, felt better

the I lost it. BCAAs gone.

How the hell did this happen on a Bis and Tris day.

All I can say is WoW, that was one of the best minor muscle group days I've ever had.

Saturday would be Deads day. This should be interesting.......

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. Along for the ride! I am already liking the info on the log thus far. Good on you man.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now that we are at present day, I will go further into my Supplement routine.

0500 Wake
0515 1/2scp whey+1scp Ergo9+ 4tbsp SL, 2 Ep1c
0535 2scps CU
0545 Warmup
0555 Begin WO w/BCAAs in bottle

0700 2scps whey, 1 Most Wanted

0745 BCAAs, Trib, Maca, Tongkat

1000 2 scps Whey, random thermo, veggie caps

1200 Home cooked lunch (some type of slow cooker chicken titties, normally thai, indian or Mediterranean with veg), 1 Most Wanted

1400 protein shake or bar

1600 BCAAs

1730 Home cooked dinner with salad or veg, 1 Most Wanted, 1 Ep1c

2000 Animal PM or Growth (BL)

Since the Corps., I am a man of routine and very consistent.

Deads day today

17 min 3mph 8%grade warmup as I futzed with my training apps. It's Saturday, I can actually stay at the gym as long as I like.

Warmed up with 3 sets of bodyweight back extensions

Repped out 2 sets at 135 then 2 more 185

I normally prefer focused volume over weight and would have kept it at around 215-220 for my working set (due to all my previous training injuries).

6 sets at 240 it is.

cake @ 7-8 reps, slow/controlled/form focused

did two sets at 135 for cool down, then set up high cable for 4 sets of rope crunches supersetted with my closing 4 sets of leg presses (helps my back a lot to close with them, after a deads day.

Did I mention that this morning I was only 193, down 2 lbs from Thursdays weight of 195! Thanks CU

Still feeling on fire, even though I'm more than 80 minutes in (I normally only have an hour or so).

Wed and Sat are my added cardio days.

I trained MT during my many years working in Asia, so it's my go to.

You can see on my HR graph that I had absolutely NO PROBLEM having an extremely intense MT session that nearly took poor Bob's head off. Who'd have thought that after killing it on deads, my peak HR would happen during a sparring session?!

Well played Conqu3r Unleashed. This stuff is GOLDEN

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great log

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sundays are my only off day from training, so here are some pictures of my typical mass cooking recipes.

I try to make 12 frozen meals a week, at least

General Tsao meets Thai Stir Fry, Thai Chicken Curry, Mediterranean Chicken with olives, in a tomato base....

just examples from the last 7 days

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
192 today - Awesome - Looked incredible this morning, based where I was just months and even weeks ago.

Since today is my off day, I thought it may be a good chance for some Q&A.

Training, nutrition, training gear, supps, sleep. Fire away, as long as it is on topic.

I'll be gone for a few hours, but home for the Packers game and can answer any questions that have come in by then.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, after that ass spackling the Packers just called a game, I decided to go for a run.

only 40 degrees out, so 2.34 in 27min, inclusive of stretching and cool down.

That'll do me on runs for the rest of the month ;)

Bit stim heavy today, with a scoop of DNP in my morning workout shake, 16oz Monster Zero at church, Vexxum with lunch, and of course my regular supp routine.

9 chicken breast batch of curry and veg slow cooker deliciousness this afternoon as well. Should be good for at least 7 frozen meals. Lots of chili flakes and chili powder, as I am down to mild curry.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmm Subd to see this unfold

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed. Just downed some Conqu3r Unleashed as well. Game on.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chest Day

weight 192.5

I ordered a Withing SL-50 Body Comp Scale that will be here Tuesday (morning stats will begin on Wed's post).
Will be interesting to see if there is a variance in weight.
As with any bf measure, numbers will only be for documentation of change and will be added to the blog.

Really good workout today.

There were some 'distractions' at the gym today, which is unusual, given the time I workout.

I did about 7min of my warmup, into laying 2 sets db chest extensions, followed by 2 sets of benching the bar for 40 slow reps.

2 sets DB incline press @45

2 sets @ 60

4 sets @75

6 sets high cable crossovers crossovers

Crossovers were supersetted with 2 sets of decline crunches and 4 sets of high cable obliques w/ full stack.

Great pump and endurance. Certainly could have fit more reps in, but had to hit the showers.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Way surprised I was 192.5 when I woke up this morning, cause I looked HARD AF.

fine by me. I would prefer not to drop any more weight and just shred without hitting 190.

Kill time. Workout details later. Want my damn Withings damnit. Conquer3r has kicked in! Liftoff

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday - Upper Back

Didn't feel very well last night. Laid down as soon as I came home from work. Body was just tired.

Felt it during this morning's workout. Found I needed about 25+% more time recovery between sets.

Post WO, feeling pretty lethargic.

Workout was solid however. CU allowed me to accomplish that which I needed to, with 6 working sets of wide grip lat pulldowns, supersetted with donkey calves. Pulldowns were done at 15 plates

Closed out with working sets of mid cable, single arm rows.

I think part of it is that we've now dropped below freezing in the mornings. My body is not amused.

Fawk, wish I was celebrating with Marine brothers tonight, but instead will be in bed.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Awesome new body comp scale is all set up, and will report tomorrow thé weight it says and bf %. Scared

Tomorrow evening i leave for four days as i won à national childrens book award, and will be travelling to thé awards ceremony. I will be still updating as I'll be hitting gyms in each city.

Another rough workout today. Not feeling the best. My accountant is sick and says his started out with a few days of no energy. We will see. Still pushing through.

After plenty of warm-up, I was still able to knock out 6 working sets of squats with cool down sets supersetted with horizontal bench crunches.

By the time 3pm at the office I was spent so left an hour early today.

Hoping for more spunk tomorrow, and maybe some a bit later tonight if she lets me.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tomorrow evening i leave for four days as i won à national childrens book award, and will be travelling to thé awards ceremony. I will be still updating as I'll be hitting gyms in each city.
That's awesome, congrats man! Are you a writer or illustrator? Or both?

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks!

More of a creator. It's a growth and development keepsake. I can't draw to save my life, so hired an illustrator for the project.

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Feeling way better today! Aggression us coming back. Will post workout and new stats including body comp scale tonight. Stinks I won't be using it again for the next four days, but don't feel like lugging it with me

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, it turns out my turn of the century hotel, has turn of the century internet. I'll have to update when I get home. Awesome impromptu leg work out on the road early this morning! Had way to much caffeine before hand with my CU. Not doing that again. But still had an epic workout.

Snow and a view of the lake in traverse city Michigan for two days. About to go check out the hotel gym or see about a bigger gym nearby

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm back and will get this caught up from when I left for my trip

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the delay.

My hotel had the worst internet and I was not able to get on with my laptop.

The platform here isn't liking my image uploads for my body comp scale, so hoping to get that worked out as well. May have to start resizing my images.

The new body comp scale has me weighing in about mid 194 with a morning bf of 24 and evenings at 26%. As future pictures will show however, that number is misleading, as I'm hard as a rock.

During the trip, Friday, I had an awesome leg workout at an old hockey complex, doing 10 working sets with an old plate loaded squat press. Absolutely killed it, repping out 500lbs for 8 reps.

Saturday I did a two mile run and took sunday off.

Today was Back, with working sets of seated rows and lat pulldowns, 6 working sets of each.

Calling my sports med doc about my knee today, as an old surgery is starting to give me trouble. Really hoping it isn't too serious.

My LGS 1-andro came in today, so I will be in touch with them and begin planning my next log and how I will run it. The timing couldn't be better, so long as my knee checks out.

That log will include full photos and measurements, with my HR and body comp stats and images (hoping I have them easily worked out)

This is going to be one hell of a winter

Conqu3r Unleashed is really allowing me to get the most out of my workouts and today was intense!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you figure out an easy way to resize pictures, let me know. I'm having trouble and am not tech savvy. LOL.