• Established
  • First Up Vote
Marms WANTED

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First thing I've noticed after using Chain'd Out for a couple of days is increased endurance at the gym and I gotta say that my focus seems a bit better. I'm thinking that the RhoActiv and L-Theanine helping with that. I wish the PerformActiv Blend was more open label. But so far I'm really liking the effects of Chain'd Out!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a really good workout this morning even though I slept like chit last night. Was able to do dips for sets. That's a pretty big deal since my shoulder injury last year. I haven't tried dips in 4-5 months because I could never get past 8. Today I did 3 sets of 13! Might even start adding weight back to them in a week or two depending on how it feels. Here's the full run-down of today.

All sets of 13 unless otherwise noted.
Supersets
Cleans--135,145,155,135 (5 per set)
Db lat raise--25,30,30,25

Rev flat--155,185,195
Leg press--568,618,668

Upright row--45x9 repsx5 sets(While putting plates away, so not much rest between sets)

Narrow lat pull--120,140,150
Low pulley cable cross--15s,20s,25s

Hammer cable curl(4 count hold)--35,25,30
Machine speed curl--25,25,25

Dips--BWx3 sets
Rev tri ext--28,38,48

Recovery is feeling pretty good over the past week. Especially with me doing IF this past Tuesday and Thursday. Going to keep that up over the course of this log.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Narrow pull down--140,160,170,200,180x7
Db flat--90,95,95,110x3/100x3,95x6

Hammer hack--364,364,384,384,364
Cable hammer--73,73,80,80,73

Weighted dips--45x3,25x2
Standing face pull--63,68

Bb row--185,205,205,225,225
Rev flat--185,205,205,225,225

Recovery is still good. Endurance seems to be increasing a bit too.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing but good things still happening at the gym. I've been adding reverse grip BB presses into every workout the past couple of weeks and I'm starting to see a difference. Felt strong on deads today. Just an all-around good workout. Looking forward to seeing how good my recovery is when I wake up tomorrow!

All sets for 8 reps and supersetted. 60-90 secs rest between supersets
Dreads--235,275,325,325
Db curls--40,45,45,50
Bb shrugsx10--225,225,225

Hammer Iso incline--75,85,105,105
T-bar row wide--90,100,115,125

Smith shoulder press--135,155,175,175
Inc Lat raise--15,20,25,20

Rev grip bb--185,185,195,195
Db pullover--45

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you using this Pre or intra?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My dosing is a little weird. I work out fasted in the mornings. So on actual weight training days, I'm doing 1 scoop pre and 1 intra. Knowing that I'll have a shake for breakfast. On Tuesdays and Thursdays my focus is on cardio and abs with IF going on until 12 or 1 when I have lunch. So those days I have 1/2 scoop pre, 1/2 intra, and a scoop post that I sip on in a quart of water throughout the morning.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My dosing is a little weird. I work out fasted in the mornings. So on actual weight training days, I'm doing 1 scoop pre and 1 intra. Knowing that I'll have a shake for breakfast. On Tuesdays and Thursdays my focus is on cardio and abs with IF going on until 12 or 1 when I have lunch. So those days I have 1/2 scoop pre, 1/2 intra, and a scoop post that I sip on in a quart of water throughout the morning.
Nice way to play with the product

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice way to play with the product
Yep. The taste is really growing on me too!

Day 47
Sorry for the lack of updates in here this week. It's been a busy one! But I have had two of my best workouts yet during this log! Back is leaning out a little more and I just have "dem alpha feelz"

10/28--all sets for 5 reps
Narrow pull down--145,165,185,205,185
Db flat--85x6,90,90,110x3/2,95 (Did those 110s for a full set this time!)

Hammer hack--324,374,374,424,424 (PR at 424!)
Cable hammer--73,78,78,83,83

Weighted dips--45x3,25x2

Bb row--195,215,215,235
Rev flat--195,215,215,235 (PR on that last set)

10/30--al sets for 13-14 reps unless noted otherwise
Leg pressx20--320x6 sets
Lat raise/clap--20x3 sets

Upright row--45x6 sets

Victory press--30,35,35

Prison press--65,65,50,50,55

Prison flyes--25,20,20

SuperSet--
Ez curl--60,60,60
Es skullcrusher--same

Face pull--85,85,85

Drop/SuperSets-8 reps per set
Straight cable curl--65,57,50,42,35,30,25
Straight tri ext--same

Had good endurance and pumps today. Only left because I didn't want to be late(er) for work!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How are the DOMS?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Do you notice a strong Apple peel flavor. I had a tuff time with the blue raspberry but my training partner loved it. Wondered if the other flavors had it?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DOMS is still there. The biggest changes I have noticed between Chain'd Out and other BCAA products are felt during workouts. I do feel that my endurance has increased and my workouts have gotten more intense over the course of this log. I attribute that to the "Activ" compunds in it.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you notice a strong Apple peel flavor. I had a tuff time with the blue raspberry but my training partner loved it. Wondered if the other flavors had it?
I do notice the strong apple peel flavor. I forget if I noted it in the video or not. Neither the banana nor berry taste are very strong with the flavor of Chain'd Out I have. So, the apple just mixes in and gives it more of a punch flavor for me. I don't imagine that peel flavor would lend itself to blue razz quite as well.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I do notice the strong apple peel flavor. I forget if I noted it in the video or not. Neither the banana nor berry taste are very strong with the flavor of Chain'd Out I have. So, the apple just mixes in and gives it more of a punch flavor for me. I don't imagine that peel flavor would lend itself to blue razz quite as well.
I might have to pick out another flavor here soon and give it another try.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to mention that I've changed up my dosing a bit based on some advice The Solution and others gave in a BCAA timing thread else here. I'm now doing 2 scoops pre M,W,F and 1 scoop pre/1 post on Cardio/IF days. I started this Tuesday and I'm not sure if I have enough data to conclude that my DOMS is feeling better. But it is just possible...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just wanted to mention that I've changed up my dosing a bit based on some advice The Solution and others gave in a BCAA timing thread else here. I'm now doing 2 scoops pre M,W,F and 1 scoop pre/1 post on Cardio/IF days. I started this Tuesday and I'm not sure if I have enough data to conclude that my DOMS is feeling better. But it is just possible...
no reason to use BCAA's post-workout . Go home and eat. Unless you do not eat for upward to 2+ hours (as outlined by martin on his lean gains guide) every 2 hours until you eat and break fast.
best for pre-workout fasted training (drop for pre/post on cardio) unless your doing HIIT
or between meals 4-6 hours apart

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

if you follow IF then just 10g of BCAA before pre-workout would suffice, go home and break your fast with meal #1

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know...I know...

I only do the post-workout dose on IF days. For some reason, intense cardio in the morning suppresses my appetite and I don't get hungry until lunch time. It's really an unintentional IF thing.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know...I know...

I only do the post-workout dose on IF days. For some reason, intense cardio in the morning suppresses my appetite and I don't get hungry until lunch time. It's really an unintentional IF thing.
and its not necessary. you can drop it and save your $

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 58
Had a really great workout yesterday. Focused more on chest than full body and given how my chest felt last night, I really expected to be much more sore today. I dosed 2 scoops of Chain'd Out with my pre and it kept me going on and on.

Warm-Up
Chin/dip--8 rounds Tabata syle with 100lbs counter weight

3 sets for 8 reps Supersetted
DB Flat bench--90,90,90
1arm rows--90,80,70

4 sets for 10 reps
Inc bb bench--185,185,185,190
Deficit deads--245

Inc pullover--45,50,50x12

Hammer dec--185,185,185,185

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you're enjoying this bro! I look forward to trying it soon!

Mike

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely getting down to the last bits of the tub. I'm sure it will be finished up by Friday :(

Changing things up this week as I'll be increasing my calories between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm working on splits, volume, and concentration more for the next week and going back to full-body next week. Or I may continue with that depending on how I feel. I'm also wanting to gauge DOMS in the absence of a shake shortly after workout. I'm not a big believer in the "30 minute post-workout window." But I do usually have one within the hour after working out because that's breakfast. This week I'm dosing a scoop pre, 1.5 scoops post and continuing fast until lunch. This is also to help with my discipline during the holiday season so I don't eat everything in sight....

Anyhow, today's workout--
SuperSets
Hammer High Rows--90lbsx40,140x30,160x20,210x12, 230x8,260x6 and then reversed
Hammer iso-Shoulder press--90lbsx40,110x30,130x20,140x12, 160x8,180x6 and back

I can still feel a slight pump in my shoulders 3.5 hours later. It's definitely been a while since I've trained with that much volume!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back in town after Thanksgiving. I hope all my US friends here had a great one!

Been hitting things hard with all the extra eating I was doing last week. In prep for the Thanksgiving feast, I worked on my deadlift 1RM and this happened.
[video=youtube;EfqjyEdrDMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfqjyEdrDMM[/video]

This morning's workout went like this--
Hammer low--90,100,100,100
Hammer iso decline--80,90,100,90

Deads--135x12,225x8,315x6,405x3,425x2 and reverse...
Db inc press narrow--60x12x4

Seated lat raise--10,20,25,25
Seated incline curls--same

This tub just keeps giving and giving! Dosing with Chain'd Out at 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop intra and the tub never seems to lighten! I really thought I'd be finished with it by now. I've suffering through a lot of DOMS the past week. I don't think adding another scoop is going to help. Especially since I'm having a shake post-workout.