booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks to Grambo AaronJP1 and the rest of the purus labs crew I was able to score a tub of their new product: Creagyn

Creagyn is a stim free additive solo or to any pre workout. It is designed to enhance skeletal muscle hydration and energy through the combination of hydromax (glycerine- water soluble) and magnesium chelated creatine.

Through this set of reviews I will try a few different ways and amounts and comment on each particular use as well as the overall package.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437701082.621246.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
]Day 1 initial impression:

Mixed with my standard morning scoop of alphamine in 10oz of water. Stored in the fridge overnight.

First thought was that I was surprised how fine of a powder it is. Closer to creatine than to any other glycerine product I've used.

Mixability - there was some sediment and grittiness to it which I assume was the glycerol (especially being cold). nothing terrible, but a little sediment that required a few swirls to drink.

Effects - did not notice too much from one scoop. Today was hypertrophy legs so it was higher volume but the pump that I got did not seem overly enhanced; however I had very limited food the last couple days (travel in mexico) so I blame this for a large portion of that. Endurance did seem quite good, especially considering the 4.5hrs of sleep and limited food leading up.

Very excited to see what this can do at two scoops and with prolonged use/regular diet. Good to know that it does seem to have an effect upon first dosing.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good stuff so far. Keep us posted.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's dosing schedule was quite different from yesterday: took 1 scoop Creagyn mixed with alphamine this afternoon, fasted still from the night before. No workout today, only cardio.

Upon taking it I was flat as a board all over so I was interested to see if it would still pump me up a bit, even just with running.

It sure did. 35min jog had me looking and feeling twice as full as pre. Very impressive.

Another thing of note, is that I seem to get exceptionally thirsty after about 30min post dose. I was pounding water at the gym yesterday and couldn't wait to get home to have a drink today. Definitely a sign that water is being pulled into the muscles.

Endurance did not feel anything special today but I will say that I felt quite reasonable considering I had not eaten yet and normally have had a shake prior to this. No boost per se but also limited drop off without food which is a bonus.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today was power upper day. Decided to try out two scoops with my full pre mixture. Dosed about 30min pre.

Overall, endurance and between set recovery was great. I felt like I was able to reduce my rest periods by a good deal on most exercises.

I had thought I might get a pretty good pump from two scoops but I think that's not how this will work for me. About 40min after dosing I both look and feel very full (muscles), but never truly have a bigger "pump" (blood related). It seems that for me this will help increase fullness but not directly contribute to a pump which I really don't mind or need.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I noticed the same thing, muscles felt really full for a long time after my workouts

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I noticed the same thing, muscles felt really full for a long time after my workouts
For sure. Not pumped, but definitely fuller. Similar to how you'd feel after a big carb meal.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Quick update from yesterday's power legs session. Took two scoops pre with the same mix as the day before.

Heavy squats felt really easy. Recovery between sets was noticeably improved as I had to force rest times. Hit a pr at my 3rm so I decided to shoot for a new 1rm and got it pretty easily.

New 1rm is 335lb at a bw of 175. Previous was 330 at 205. Looking and feeling good!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Legs felt surprisingly good last night after such a heavy day on sunday. Went for a short run (training for a half marathon in Oct so trying to get in as much running as I can stomach) but felt more sore than truly fatigued. A good sign. We will see how today feels since day 2 is usually my worst day to have DOMS

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last few days have really seen nothing of note outside of the increased fullness. This lasts for hours after dosing.

Day to day recovery does not seem to have changed much, but acute recovery seems better with dosing

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Went for the double scoop today before my power upper day. Really wasn't feeling "zoned in" but surprisingly I matched or beat every lift. Never even felt tired today either. After my workout I went home real quick and then decided I might as well just go for a run too. 5miles later I finally called it quits just because i was bored ha. Not once did I really feel tired today and this was all done fasted. Really impressive feeling today.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That pineapple should be available soon. :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Been dosing daily regardless of workout just to enjoy the fullness. Recovery day to day has been pretty much same as ever. Leg days still taking normal recovery length (which was an area I had hoped for improvement).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Will be posting up a final review of my thoughts on the full tub tomorrow.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Full Product Review: Purus Labs Creagyn

This product is very simple, unflavored, and easily mixed with absolutely anything. I usually added it to some type of pre workout drink, but did try solo once just to see and yes, still flavorless.

Highlights:
-Overall fullness
Upon dosing one OR Two scoops (didn't seem to make a ton of difference) beginning about 30-40min later I begin to have an overall body fullness and hardness to all muscles. This was most evident when I took this before going running in the late afternoons after a long fast. It was very obvious during these runs where I would normally be extremely flat that my muscles both looked and felt fuller. This fullness lasted 2-3hrs too and slowly tapered off.

-Slight acute endurance enhancement
At two scoops this seemed to help max endurance to some extent. Between set recovery times were slightly shorter as well as the muscle recovery seemed slightly improved (short rest that would normally allow for 75-80% of the first set reps were 80-90% - ex set of 10 then 7 went to 10 then 8-9)

- Acute vascularity
I believe this to partially be a side of the fullness at a lower bf % but there did seem to be better size to my veins as well.

Lowlights:
- Lack of between workout recovery
I had hoped to see better recovery day to day, but this seemed to stay exactly as it had before. 2 day doms stayed at that, etc.

- Lack of acute pumps
While fullness increased, actual pumps seemed to stay the same. I felt and looked bigger, but never had that muscle pump that comes from some volumizing products.

Overall:
I enjoyed this product as an acutely dosed aid to my workouts, especially on my hypertrophy days and prior to long runs in a fasted state. The fullness and endurance benefits were very positive, however it lacked the pump I had hoped for.

I would give this overall a 8/10, with the caveat that it has a specific use as stated above. Based solely on label claims I would bump down to a 7/10. For the right price, this is worth a look for anyone looking for the benefits I listed above.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for providing honest feedback. :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for providing honest feedback. :)
Of course! I always appreciate the chance to try out something new and see how it works. Your products have treated me well and You guys have been more than generous to me and many others.