Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First off thank you FinaFlex and wasme for allowing me to log FinaFlex Active Amino. I received the Fruit Pinch flavor and found it be quite tastie and a little tart, it mixed well with cool water and had no floatie's or grit in the shaker cup.

I am not quite sure what to put in this log as I do not expect to see dramatic changes in body composition or weight lifted. I am hoping for better recovery and less DOMS. I am currently trying to drop some body weight (fat) with out loosing muscle. Right now I am at 191lbs and shooting for 175lbs. I will be dosing (1) scoop AM per-workout fasted and a second before bed.

I started taking this yesterday (Sunday) so today is Day 2. I will be trying to highlight my workouts and gains. If anyone would like to see my weights used and calories consumed, I do have another log running. If you would like to see more or different information or have any questions or comment please let me know.

FinaFlex BCAA.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Breakfast 50 grams Protein Powder, 1/2 Cup Oats, 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil and about 1 Cup Frozen Yogurt - 552 Calories

Breakfast.JPG

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First! OOh, purty pictures.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 3, I am enjoying this supplement so far. I have been using it with my pre-workout in the am. Yesterday I had a pretty good chest workout and thought I would be very sore today, but I can barely feel any DOMS, so I would say the recovery benefits are good. In the pm I have been using the Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino to flavor (and for the pm benefits) my FinaFlex Muscle Fiber (Don't Go To Bed Without It!)

Lunch Today, Salad with 4oz Smoked Beef Brisket, Feta Cheese, Banana and Supplements Calories 391

Lunch1.JPG

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh my, that meal.

I haven't tried the new active amino, but i like to mix 5g powdered Gatorade (for the carbs) as an intra drink.

Nice update man.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Diner Tonight 4oz Pulled Pork, Barbecue Sauce, Asparagus Spears, Mashed Cauliflower and Grapes 342 Calories

Diner1.JPG

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YUM

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 4 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino This morning was Squats and I thought I might die. I have been trying to lose a few vacation pounds and I was down another pound this morning. Sunday I was around 1500 calories and Monday & Tuesday I was under 1900, this morning after my warm up I went to the squat rack with 5 set of 15 reps in mind, after my second set I could tell having been in a caloric deficit for three day was not conclusive to maximum squatting power. I had very little energy or endurance but I am proud to say I got 4 sets of 15 and on the 5th and finial set I did 16 reps....I fought the weight and I WON !!! I am looking forward to see how the FinaFlex Active Amino's treat me. Usually after a hard fought squat session I have a hard time making it us the steps at work 2 day later. So I will keep you posted on the DOMS effect. Overall after 4 days I like this supplement and think it is great both pre-workout and for recovery. And it does not hurt any thing that it taste good.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 5 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino . Recovery and I swear sleep has been better this week. I do not set an alarm and I always wake up at about 4am, this morning I sleep into about 4:20 and when I woke up I felt GREAT! Like I said in the beginning I don't expect to feel big things out of this, BCAA are just a good thing to have in your system, that being said I swear recovery and sleep have been very good,

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great updates Rocket!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am about a day behind on my logs, Sorry, sometimes life just gets in the way. But on the up note I have been spending time with my Grandson and he is THE BEST!!
Day 6 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino, well it is official This Supplement is awesome when it comes to recovery, it has been 2 1/2 days since my leg / squat day and the DOMS is on;y about 25% what it normally is. My legs feel great I can tell I did squats but I am not pulling myself up the stairs by the handrails with my arms. Sleep has been and for no better term I Just Feel Good!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man, glad it's helping your recovery!

Enjoy the time with your grandson.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 8 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino Today is the day to get back on track after a three day holiday from proper nutrition. I took my Active Amino over the holidays and I do believe it help to keep my muscle full of some Amino Acids and Protein. Had a great work out this morning with all the extra carbs in my system.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 9 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino. The recovery benefits of this are really starting to show after a little over a week. DOMS is almost non existent and even after a hard work out I don't feel spent. I am and have been a big believer in BCAA but I can tell you the quality of this one does make a difference. I have always been a fan of the FinaFlex brand and this is just another example of the difference a high quality supplement can make.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 10 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino. I am feeling guilty on this log as I feel there is not a lot of info In here but I'm not sure how much there is to say about a BCAA. One of the things you may know about me if you follow any of my other logs is I have had some problems with severe muscle cramps, the bring tears to your eyes cramps. I can honestly say I have not experienced any of these or any cramps at all since adding this to my Pre Workout Drink. That in it's self makes it a must have supplement!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino. I am feeling guilty on this log as I feel there is not a lot of info In here but I'm not sure how much there is to say about a BCAA.
You're doing a great job, Rocket. All we ask is that you give an honest assessment of your experience with the product, and you are doing just that.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're doing a great job, Rocket. All we ask is that you give an honest assessment of your experience with the product, and you are doing just that.
Thank you!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 11 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino. I am getting low a 30 serving tub and 2 servings a day only last .....any math experts in here? All joking aside I am really enjoying this and from reading some of the other logs on this the Recovery and the Anti-Cramping is really making this supplement shine! If you are looking for a supplement that will almost eliminate DOMS, Speed Recovery and Reduce Muscle Cramping, log into your favorite online supplement store and get some FinaFlex Active Amino on the way !

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I too do two servings a day on lifting days, but at about $1 a serving or less, it's worth it. Cheaper than a gatorade or bottled water these days, and goes a long way for recovery.

I know a buddy who says amino's aren't in his budget but drinks 1-2 Monster energy drinks a day, at like $3 each. Crazy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I too do two servings a day on lifting days, but at about $1 a serving or less, it's worth it. Cheaper than a gatorade or bottled water these days, and goes a long way for recovery.

I know a buddy who says amino's aren't in his budget but drinks 1-2 Monster energy drinks a day, at like $3 each. Crazy.
I do not buy Gatorade, soda or bottled water....I would rather spent my money on supplements!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not buy Gatorade, soda or bottled water....I would rather spent my money on supplements!
That's what I'm sayin'. Screw that gas station stuff.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I pack my lunch for work everyday, and listen to the guys eating at McDonald's complain about not having any money.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I pack my lunch for work everyday, and listen to the guys eating at McDonald's complain about not having any money.
Lol. Me too. They ask twice a week at least for me to join them at a sit-down restaurant.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 12 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino
I am amazed at the endurance I have, I am sometime able to add rep as the sets go on rather than like usual and the reps keep dropping. I am using more weight for more reps than I have been, while I losing weight. I have been keeping my calories around or below 2000 and would think I would run out of steam but I just keep going. On that note I was hoping to be down about 12lbs by now and have only dropped 8lbs but I do believe I have lost body fat while building some muscle. Vascularity is up, strength is up and pants are getting looser, so I may not be totally happy with what the scale says, the mirror is in my favor.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mirror wins out, every time. Which is unfortunate for me right now. I wish I was my weight but shredded. Lol.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you take as a preworkout?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 13 & 14 Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino. Well it is Sunday Morning about 6:30am and I just took my last serving of the FinaFlex Active Amino, I only got 28 servings out of my 30 serving container but I must admit I may have been a little greedy with the "Heaping Scoops" this product taste amazing and it is like a treat, so my dosing may have been a little heavy handed.

Final Review

Taste 5/5

I have the Fruit Punch FinaFlex Active Amino and thought the taste was GREAT it is not real sugarie (is that a word?) and has a bit of a tartness to it, I like that.

Mixability 5/5

I added this to my pre-workout in the am and mixed it with warm water, I also used it in the pm with my FinaFlex Muscle Fiber and mixed it with cool water, either way it mixed very well with no grit or floatie's.

Formula 5/5

This product has a great formula and is designed for the active person. It contains BCAA and SAA (silk amino acids) it also has vitamins A, C, E and Biotin. It will help with Endurance, Muscle Recovery, Anti-Cramping and has Antioxidant properties. From experience I will say it does all those very well. ** NOTE One of the things you may know about me if you follow any of my other logs is I have had some problems with severe muscle cramps, the bring tears to your eyes cramps. I can honestly say I have not experienced any of these or any cramps at all since adding this to my Pre Workout Drink**

Personal Note

I am amazed at the endurance I have, I am sometime able to add rep as the sets go on rather than like usual and the reps keep dropping. I am using more weight for more reps than I have been, while I losing weight. I have been keeping my calories around or below 2000 and would think I would run out of steam but I just keep going. On that note I was hoping to be down about 12lbs by now and have only dropped 8lbs but I do believe I have lost body fat while building some muscle. Vascularity is up, strength is up and pants are getting looser, so I may not be totally happy with what the scale says, the mirror is in my favor.

I did not see a place in the Review Section for Active Amino, so I posted here.

Q&A

1) This product improved strength...

I can not say for sure it increased strength, but BCAA do help build muscle, so I am sure it is a boost muscle fibers

2) This product improved muscle fullness...

I can say for sure this product DOES improve Muscle Fullness

3) This product improved recovery...

Short answer, Muscle recovery is awesome!

4) This product helped me power through my training sessions...

Yes it does help you power through training sessions and reduces rest time between sets!

5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...

I would recommend this supplement to any one, Better Pumps, Better Recovery, Reduced Rest Time, it is a No Brainer !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log Rocket.

Would you mind putting your review in this format?

Please rate on a scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree

1) This product enhanced my recovery... (X/5)
2) This product helped me power through my training sessions...(X/5)
3) This product kept me hydrated...(X/5)
4) This product tasted great...(X/5)
5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...(X/5)

That was my fault for not posting it before. I'm working on getting the Acute Amino in the review section. It's about to pass the House, then on to the Senate. :D

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Done!