Controlled Labs Oximega Reds

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
Big thanks to Sean1332 and Controlled Labs for sending me a tub of Oximega Reds to log.

About Me:
34 years old, 5'6, 166lbs.

I lift 3 days a week using a basic split (legs/shoulders, back/triceps, chest/biceps) and I do 25-50 minutes of cardio 2-3 days a week.

I use myfitnesspal to track my calories. My TDEE is around 2350-2400 calories and I usually eat 1800-2200 calories per day.

Current Supps: CL orange triad + greens, preworkout, torrent, protein

I eat a lot of veggies and always take a greens supplement but don't really eat much fruit so this will be a great addition.

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established

front

back

this was a nice touch

love it when i don't have to dig for the scoop

i'll take them separately at first, might mix them too

small scoop (5g)

directions says to mix with 2-3oz of water, this is with 4oz

very little foam and bits stuck to side of shaker

very tasty

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
Initial impressions:
not sure why but the first thing i did was smell it. it doesn't smell very good.

mixability- 9/10
taste- easily 9/10 if not higher

my first thought was "this is really good". sweetness was just right. label says orange flavor but i think there's a fruit punch taste to it. natural flavors, no fake/chemical tastes. much more enjoyable to drink than OT + greens.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Initial impressions: not sure why but the first thing i did was smell it. it doesn't smell very good. mixability- 9/10 taste- easily 9/10 if not higher my first thought was "this is really good". sweetness was just right. label says orange flavor but i think there's a fruit punch taste to it. natural flavors, no fake/chemical tastes. much more enjoyable to drink than OT + greens.
Great start, man. I really appreciate the pictures and details. 9/10 on taste?? Damn right. Let us know when you mix it up with anything else.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This looks like a very interesting product. Looking forward to log !

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
2/20- took 1 scoop w/8oz water (accidentally poured too much)

2/21- took 1 scoop w/6oz water

i think 3-4oz of water is perfect.

it's been really cold here in PA and my roommates/coworkers/students are all getting sick so i'm hoping that taking this along with OT/greens will help keep me feeling well

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know the probiotic formula has 100% helped me out.

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
I know the probiotic formula has 100% helped me out.
Week 2 updates:

I'm noticing better digestion and less bloating. Not to be too descriptive but for morning bathroom trips everything is coming out quickly and cleanly. Using a lot less toilet paper.

Tried mixing it with OT + greens and that didn't turn out too well. I'm going to continue taking them separately.

aaronjwh250

Awards
Week 2 updates:

I'm noticing better digestion and less bloating. Not to be too descriptive but for morning bathroom trips everything is coming out quickly and cleanly. Using a lot less toilet paper.

Tried mixing it with OT + greens and that didn't turn out too well. I'm going to continue taking them separately.
what are the benefits of this supplement? What do you expect to gain at the end of this log? Thanks for logging the product too, brother.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what are the benefits of this supplement? What do you expect to gain at the end of this log? Thanks for logging the product too, brother.
It's a very easy way to supplement some extra enzymes, probiotics, and anti-oxidants into your diet, especially for those who don't routinely consume fruit or vegetables.

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
for overall health, it's a quick/tasty way to get in a few servings of fruit.

benefits i'm noticing are better digestion/less bloating.

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
week 3 update: nothing new to report aside from better digestion/less bloating. morning bathroom trips are still quick and easy. been using a lot less toilet paper.

the scoop (short-handle) should be switched with the one in OT+Greens (long-handle).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks for the update. I passed the word on the handle as well

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
Final review:

Mixability- 9.5/10, very little clumping

Taste- 10/10, tastes like fruit punch and i really like it, satisfies my sweet tooth as i'm cutting back on sugary snacks

Effectiveness- 8/10, hard to score for products like this which provide long term health benefits but better digestion and less bloating were noticeable and i didn't get sick in this cold weather which is nice because my roommates/coworkers all caught something.

Price- 7/10, i've seen prices for this range from $18.99-$24.99 which isn't too bad @ 1 scoop per day for 60 days, but considering that OT+greens is over $30 already (very much worth it) it's hard for me to add oximega reds to my supplement stash, i think $45-$50 for both would be ideal.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Final review: Mixability- 9.5/10, very little clumping Taste- 10/10, tastes like fruit punch and i really like it, satisfies my sweet tooth as i'm cutting back on sugary snacks Effectiveness- 8/10, hard to score for products like this which provide long term health benefits but better digestion and less bloating were noticeable and i didn't get sick in this cold weather which is nice because my roommates/coworkers all caught something. Price- 7/10, i've seen prices for this range from $18.99-$24.99 which isn't too bad @ 1 scoop per day for 60 days, but considering that OT+greens is over $30 already (very much worth it) it's hard for me to add oximega reds to my supplement stash, i think $45-$50 for both would be ideal.
I appreciate your detailed feedback, man. I'm glad it did well for you. I understand you from a pricing standpoint with stacking. However, stacking it with the same priced Greens may be feasible as well.