Anthon88 Shreds up with Anafuse

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

I would first like to thank Strong Supplement Shop and Vital Labs for selecting me to log their product Anafuse. Now a little about me. I started lifting weights in middle school and continued throughout high school. I got really serious my last year in college and have been since. I am 26 years old and have a good foundation in both my physique and my knowledge. I started learning about nutrition in middle school and manipulating my calories and macros comes easy to me now. I have tried a variety of natural supplements from preworkouts to test boosters, to natural anabolics such as Anabeta and X Factor. Here are some of my basic lifting stats to give you an idea of where I am.

Bench 1RM - 300 lbs (Yet I managed 260 lbs for 11 one time)
Squat 1RM - 355 lbs; and 275 lbs for 20 reps when I completed the 20 rep squat program
Deadlift 1RM - 435 lbs

I herniated a disc in the L5/S1 region a few years ago and had to deal with terrible sciatica for about a year. It has since healed up pretty well but it still acts up every once and a while. My deadlift numbers have struggled significantly since my injury. It's a combination of always having my lower back feel pumped (in a negative way), fear of hurting myself again, and a possible weakness in my nerve. But regardless, I believe in overcoming obstacles and doing what needs to be done to get myself back where I was. I was able to manage a 405 lbs pull a couple months ago, now I just have to work on making that a routine pull and improving from there.

A few weeks before Christmas I pulled my left hamstring playing football so that impacted my December workouts. I tore my right hamstring really bad when I was 20 and it has never been the same since. I reinjured it at least 8 times since, some times more severe than the others. When I went to a chiropractor for my back I asked him about ART and he did a few sessions on my hamstring and did in fact break up some of the scar tissue. I haven't hurt it since but I still never feel confident with explosive movements in a sports scenario. For instance, I can sprint and be explosive in my workouts but the different variables in a football game for instance like covering a wide receiver on a stop and go route can be a sure ticket to it popping again. So as of this December after the injury I did a couple weeks of just upper body work and as it got closer to the holidays I started slacking (which is something I normally do not do). It was a combination of my back hurting, my injured leg, being really busy, and feeling burnt out. So for 3 weeks I did no training and ate anything and everything in sight. My weight peaked at 210 lbs which I only hit one other time in my life when I was purposely bulking. To give you some reference, my weight in my avatar pick was about 168 lbs. I maintain at about 180 to 190 lbs and still look pretty good. But at 210 it was time to get motivated!

I immediately started a CKD diet because that is what I used to get cut up once before. I think it is great for preserving muscle mass and dropping fat quickly. The last time I was doing an insane amount of cardio on top of my lifting schedule and still managed to hold on to a great deal of muscle. I also like it because it makes things simple for me. Eat meat, cheese, and some veggies...done. It also allows me to make the diet fun by being able to dunk things in butter, eat bacon, use full fat dressings, etc. Then I have the bonus of looking forward to my carb up, knowing that it will not only make me happy but improve my next week's workout with no fear of fat gain. I am currently on my 3rd week and have dropped down to 202 lbs. I have not had a carb up yet and plan to have a huge one this Sunday. In all honesty other than some cravings, I have not needed it yet. Astonishingly, I feel very strong with my lifts and don't look flat like I would have suspected. Right now I am currently doing 2 upper days and 2 lower days with 2 workouts devoted more to strength with the other 2 focusing on more reps and muscle tension. I wanted to take advantage of my rebound after taking 3 weeks off and so far it is working. I will adjust my lifting program accordingly if I start to stall.

I am really excited to start this product and have great expectations for it because all of the ingredients are solid. I used Myosynergy in the past so I have an idea of what Epicatechin and HICA can do for me. I was also planning on trying Laxogenin and actually purchased Olympus Labs dermastrength a couple months ago but will now be holding onto that for later. I am also very interested in seeing the healing properties that Laxogenin is said to have. I'm hoping this product will help me hold onto my muscle as I continue to drop bodyfat. Increases in strength and endurance will be a great bonus and help me to have productive workouts while running on virtually no carbs.

I know that was a long intro but I just wanted to give you guys a little history about me, show you where I'm at now, and what I want to achieve. I will update with workouts, my overall diet for the day, feelings, concerns, etc and when I am completely done with the product I will post up my honest review. I sent my shipping info over the weekend so I would assume the products are shipping out soon. I will post again when I get it.

I hope you guys will enjoy the ride!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In ;) look forward to your progress man! How did your myosynergy run go? It's nice you can compare the two.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In ;) look forward to your progress man! How did your myosynergy run go? It's nice you can compare the two.
Thanks man, glad to have you aboard. I did a cut/recomp with Myosynergy and it went very well. Muscular endurance was way up. Dsade always puts out excellent products.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just received my Anafuse today! As excited as I am to get this log going, I am going to hold off on starting it until Monday. I am going to have my first (and extremely large) carb up Sunday and would like to take advantage of my refilled glycogen stores. I will post my weight pre carb up as well as post carb up, should be a huge swing lol

danielcho

Awards
Will definitely be following

Still waiting for mine to come, can't wait to start my log!

thasswussup

Awards
Been running Anafuse for a week now, the vascularity is awesome. Youre going to love it

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been running Anafuse for a week now, the vascularity is awesome. Youre going to love it
Awesome, I'm really looking forward to it. Yesterday during Legs, I finally felt the no carbs kicking in. Not bad for about 3 weeks of it. Did a nice upper body workout today and have my depletion workout early Sunday morning followed my an all day carb gorge fest! Then adding in Anafuse Monday to kick things up a notch!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depletion workout was a success. I incorporated Lyle McDonald's strategy of eating 25-50g of carbs 5 hours before my workout, and having another 25-50g of carbs of fruit 2 hours before my workout. The point of this is to switch your body over from using fat for fuel, put it in a more anabolic state, and complete deplete glycogen levels.

I got home from work last night around 11:30 and forgot to weigh my self prior to my first carb meal. It was a simple protein shake with unsweetened almond and coconut milk, protein powder, wheat germ, and oatmeal. It was about 45-50g of carbs. I drank that around 12:00 before getting ready for bed. I weighed in after the shake at around 198lb.

Set my alarm for 5 and as soon as I woke I at a banana, an apple, a protein shake, and a free sample of glutamine I had. Lyle recommends this in order to assist in replenishing liver glycogen faster. Once that is replenished your body can absorb the carbs where it is needed, your muscles.

Tried to go back to sleep but couldn't so at 6:15 I had my preworkout (Conqu3r) and then went into my basement to lift at around 6:45. I did 2 sets of a very light (just using the bar) routine using complexes to warm up. It consisted of:

Deadlift
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Rows
Hang Clean
Front Squat
Shoulder Press
Back Squat
Good Morning

Then to get the ball rolling in the right direction I supersetted a set of deadlifts and squats. Very light but they served their purpose seeing as I have been carb free for 20 days.

Deadlift - 135 x 20 suppersetted w Squats - 95 x 20

Then I began my circuit workout using pretty much just a machine. Pretty much no rest at all between sets other than adjusting weight and changing the exercise. I am not actually sure how much the plates weigh on this...I always just count them as 10's but that is definitely wrong because when I actually go to a gym I usually can do double the weight...so they might be 20's...but it's not important.

Everything was done for 20 reps except shrugs and calf raises.

Seated Bench Press
Seated Shoulder Press
Seated Rows
Lat Pull Downs
Tricep Pull Downs
Cable Curls
Leg Extensions
Hamstring Curls
Shrugs for 30 reps with just the 45lb bar (I had it stripped from the prior deadlifts and was like, "why not?"
Decline Sit Ups
Calf Raises on the steps x 50

Repeated this 2 more times for a total of 3 cycles.

On the last cycle by the time I got to decline abs I was feeling pretty nauseous...these were the primary culprit. I did about 10 (with some of them complete crap..barely going down, because I was ready to vomit. So after 10 I went to the calves and then came back and finished the next 10...even worse than the prior 10.

I decided to pay the big bucks and give Vitargo a whirl just because, but the place I ordered from was a lot slower than they promised so I didn't get it in time. So I used a free sample of Afterglow which had an expiration date of 2013 lol and then stole 3 scoops of my sister's Universal Torrent (I bought it for her anyways lol). It was a chore getting these down because I was feeling like complete crap. I sat in the bathroom for a while just in case. Took a long shower and now here I am typing this. Getting ready to have my first meal consisting of cereal, waffles, and bagels :) Will post my weight tomorrow just for fun. Then it's time to start Anafuse!!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1

Today was day 1 of Anafuse. The bottle recommends taking 1-2 servings daily and I am going to opt for the 2 servings. One serving will always be preworkout as I have read that is the optimal way to take epi and I'm sure it can't hurt the other ingredients.

I weighed in at around 205 this morning post carb up. Today's diet started off with eggs, bacon, and cheese....going right back in to virtually 0 carbs, not messing around here. I wanted to take advantage of my replenished glycogen stores so I did something a little unorthodox today as far as workouts go. As you know, I had my depletion workout early Sunday morning, well tonight I decided to have a pure strength workout with the big 3. I wasn't sore from yesterday, just a little bit here and there and decided just to think of yesterdays high rep, machine oriented workout as a primer for this one. I actually read something about people implementing a similar strategy so it was definitely worth trying.

I always do a lot of warm up sets, especially for squats and I prefer doing warm up sets of low reps rather than less sets and more reps. For instance instead of 135 x 10, I may do 135 x 5 twice. Here was tonight's workout:

Squats
45 x 10
45 x 10
95 x 8
135 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2
245 x 2
255 x 2
275 x 2
275 x 2
275 x 2
275 x 2
275 x 2
285 x 1
285 x 1
295 x 1
305 x 1
255 x 5

Decline Bench (When I got a new bench last year capable of decline I switched over to primarily using decline, I love it because it saves my shoulders tremendously).

45 x 15
45 x 15
45 x 15
95 x 8
135 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2
245 x 2
255 x 2
255 x 2
255 x 2
255 x 2
255 x 2
275 x 1
285 x 1
295 x 1
305 x 1 (PR) Well regular bench PR was 300 but I never really ventured past 275-285 decline. I hear that decline is easier but I'm not so sure, I miss flat bench leg drive.
225 x 14 (Decline PR...I think flat was 15)

Deadlifts

135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
325 x 1
365 x 1
375 x 1

It was definitely a solid night. Was in the gym for a long time but I felt great the whole time. As you can see, reps were extremely low tonight, except for my last set of bench. I wanted a pure strength workout and then during the week I will have my hypertrophy oriented days as well as some high rep sets to start draining myself in preparation of my next carb up. As you can also see my bench is pretty close to my squat, for some reason I have trouble putting up big numbers on the squats yet my legs have good size to them. I think part of it was my lower back issues causing me to always have to back off heavy squatting here and there but it would be awesome if Anafuse can help me increase strength while stripping body fat.

That's it for tonight. Tomorrow I am going to hit bi's and tris as it's been a while since I showed them some love.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2

Bi's and Tri's

Got some blood flowing with 10lb dumbbells to start off

EZ Bar Curls

20 (bar) x 15
40 x 10
50 x 8
70 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 6
105 x 6
110 x 6

Close Grip EZ Bar Skull Crushers

70 x 15
90 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10

Cable Rope Hammer Curls - First time trying these and I liked them

50 (or 100...not sure with my machine) x 12 supersetted with BW Dips x 15

Machine Preacher Curls (Focusing on really squeezing my biceps at the top and maintaining strong tension during the eccentric movement)

40 x 15 supersetted with Tricep Rope Pull Downs 40 (or 80) x 20
40 x 12 supersetted with Tricep Rope Pull Downs 50 (or 100) x 15
40 x 12 supersetted with Tricep Rope Pull Downs 50 (or 100) x 15

Finished with 3 sets of forearms with one of those wrist rollers with a weight attached. It's amazing how 5 lbs can make you cry like a baby and burn like hell.

My arms were extremely pumped during the workout and I felt pretty strong. When doing the preacher curls I got an insanely deep burn...felt awesome. I haven't had a strict arm day in a while so it felt really good just to focus on them.

Tomorrow is a cardio day which I should be able to manage (Snowed the past 2 days in Jersey and the streets are still icy...it hasn't stopped me in the past but it's always interesting!

Thinking I should only take 1 cap of Anafuse on cardio/rest days? Some feedback on this would be appreciated. Until tomorrow guys!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stick with one serving split up on off days. Workouts look good.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3

Cardio

Nothing too interesting today, just went for a walk with some running in between. Took a little over 45 minutes. Dodging ice made it interesting lol

Still too early to note anything from Anafuse. Arms are feeling nice and sore from yesterdays workout. Tomorrow will be legs again!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man. Your workouts are looking solid. Definitely making the most of this run.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4

Legs

10 minute warm up jog in the freezing NJ weather

Some light stretching (Never used to really stretch before lifting because I read it could be counter productive, especially in the strength department, but ever since I started implementing it I have been feeling a lot better before, during, and after my workouts.

Squats

45 x 10
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 8
205 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8
205 x 12
185 x 15 (Wanted 20 but legs were almost completely dead...I still chickened out a little...mad at myself for not fighting through it.)

Lunges with 50 lb dumbbell in each hand

8 each leg
10 each leg
12 each leg

Lying Hamstring Curls

25 x 20
35 x 12
35 x 12

Leg Extensions - I focus on really squeezing them at the top but do mix in just blasting them out...especially when it really starts to burn

80 (or 160) x 8
70 (or 140) x 15
60 (or 120) x 30

Calf Raises in Squat Rack - They were already hit pretty nicely from squatting atg so I threw in some light work just to do them

One Leg (I keep my other foot just touching with my toes for balance) 135 x 20, switch leg, 135 x 20 and repeat without rest, right into 20 normal reps (both feet on ground)

Squats really drained me today. My leg pump was unreal. Endurance was pretty good but this workout was definitely more of a struggle than Mondays. My weight is actually around 202-204 lb...so I am up in weight but then again I am not totally depleted of my carbs like I previously was. I am looking leaner in the mirror and really that is all that matters but I have to admit it definitely helps when you see the scale go down.

I honestly think my body is very good at recomping. Because this happens very often, I will start reducing my calories to cut weight and for a few weeks there will be very little scale change and then eventually it starts dropping pretty steadily. This combined with the fact I took 3 weeks off in December most likely aided in this effect. Also, using a powerful supplement like Anafuse can definitely help turn the tide in favor of a recomp.

I also noticed yesterday while in the shower my chest looked extremely full and pumped. That was Wednesday and I worked out chest on Monday so that was pretty cool. Arms look nice and full and today I noticed my calves looked pretty massive. It definitely is a result of my carb up but also I would definitely wager that Anafuse is playing a role in this.

Upper Body tomorrow, stay tuned!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep it up bro. Did the storm hit you guys pretty hard? I can't deal with the cold lol. If it gets below 70 in my house that heater is going on haha

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a boat load of squats! No wonder you couldn't quite get 20. That would have been hard even for Platz.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep it up bro. Did the storm hit you guys pretty hard? I can't deal with the cold lol. If it gets below 70 in my house that heater is going on haha
Haha, we didn't get hit too bad...maybe 6 inches of snow, but it has been pretty cold. I woke up today and my phone said it was 3 degrees out haha

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a boat load of squats! No wonder you couldn't quite get 20. That would have been hard even for Platz.
Haha yeah, I both love and hate squats. Nothing like doing a high rep set and seeing what you are really made of.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fridays Workout

Upper Body

Decline Bench

45 x 21
45 x 20
95 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 6
245 x 8
245 x 10
225 x 8

Triceps were dead throughout most of these sets. Had a sick pump in my arms and chest.

Flat Bench (Haven't done this in a while, just wanted to test the waters)

135 x 10
185 x 15

Rack Pulls (Pins above the knee, it's the lowest my squat rack supports)

45 x 10
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 3 (Was using my squat bar which is thicker than my bench bar so I had to get my straps for the next set)
315 x 10
405 x 3
405 x 5
405 x 8 right into 315 x 12 right into 225 x 30 (Burn was intense, I even formed a raspberry on my quad from the bar dragging but kept fighting through it)

Dumbbell Shoulder Press

50 x 20
50 x 15 x 5 Push Press
50 x 8 x 7 Push Press

Very little rest between those sets

Alternating Dumbbell Curls (Half Hammer with Supination) Reps are for each arm

50 x 8
50 x 6
40 x 12

Weighted Dips

25 x 15
25 x 12
25 x 10

I love my dip belt but dislike that they used a stupid rubber clip to keep it secured around your waist...from day 1 it bent and you have to spend a lot of time intertwining it and trying to get it not to slip through. Triceps were at pretty much complete failure after these.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs

90 (or 180) x 15
90 (or 180) x 12
70 (or 140) x 20

I keep my thumbs out and on top of the bar during these. I find it puts more focus in my lats instead of my shoulders.

Workout was excellent. Felt very strong and every muscle was extremely pumped. Also when I was sitting down later I my quads felt extremely hard and separated. Positive changes are starting to occur.

I think Anafuse is definitely keeping me looking full and dense. Also, I have noticed myself hungrier than usual but then again that could be due to carb cravings, low cals, and intense workouts.

I was visiting my Uncle Friday night and talking to my 14 year old cousin who is starting to develop a love for the iron and the first thing he said when he saw me was, "Are you bulking up?" I thought that was pretty awesome because I have dropped weight and at the same time look bigger and thicker all over.

Tomorrow is a carb up day. Depletion early in the morning and then will have another strength oriented workout Monday. Stay tuned!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depletion Workout 8 AM

Had a protein shake with oatmeal and wheat germ 5 hours prior to my workout to get my body switching fuel sources. Then another shake 2 hours before my workout that had 2 bananas in it to replenish liver glycogen.

Warm up consisted of doing 2 rounds of a complex routine with just the 45lb bar - 8 reps each

Deadlift
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Rows
Hang Clean
Front Squat
Shoulder Press
Back Squat
Good Morning

Then just ran through a few reps each of the different machine exercises and then began.

3 Rounds of this circuit, virtually no rest between exercises and only a couple minutes between rounds. Use more weight than last time for most of the exercises.

Everything was done for 20 reps except calf raises.

Seated Bench Press
Standing Shoulder Press
Seated Rows
Lat Pull Downs
Cable Curls
Tricep Pull Downs
Leg Extensions
Hamstring Curls
Decline Sit Ups
Calf Raises on some plates x 50

When I was done I was not nauseas like last time. I probably should have did another round or 2 to be honest. But then again, last time I went 3 weeks without a carb up, so that is why it seemed more intense. Today's carb up isn't going to be as huge as last week's. Tomorrow is a strength oriented, low rep workout...can't wait!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forgot to mention that I popped 2 Anafuse 45 minutes before the workout. Had 3 scoops of torrent post workout and just finished up a huge shake a little while ago. It had oatmeal, wheat germ, bananas, honey, and other things. About 160g of carbs. Looking real full already.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strength Workout

Legs and Chest (Was going to do deadlifts for back but had nothing left, will probably do them tomorrow.)

Squats

BW Squats x 10
45 x 10
45 x 10
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 2
225 x 2
245 x 2
275 x 2
285 x 2
285 x 2
285 x 2
295 x 1
305 x 1
315 x 1
285 x 3
255 x 8

Felt really good today, despite being a little sore in the quads still. My last set of 255 felt so smooth, I originally was going to attempt to get 5 but I felt strong and pushed out a few extra.

Flat Bench (First flat bench workout in about year) I saw a great bench technique video on youtube so I concentrated on mimicking what I saw the best I could, and it worked fantastically.

45 x 15
45 x 15
45 x 15
95 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 2
205 x 2
225 x 2
245 x 2
275 x 1
295 x 1
315 - Attempted a PR, my previous PR was 300 and that was a long time ago, I was feeling really strong tonight so I loaded up 3 plates. My set up was great, my lift off was good, but I brought the bar too close to my upper chest and lost a lot of power so my spotter (my sister) had to help me rack it.

She immediately saw where I went wrong so I rested up for another attempt. This time I set up too far away so my lift off was garbage, in fact, I didn't even get it off the rack.

Took another break so I could try again, even though I knew I was playing with fire...2 heavy failed attempts in a row after squatting heavy and being on low calories...but I was determined. Set up great, lifted it off great, brought it down better than my first attempt but still not perfect and sadly wasn't able to power through it. But I am still very happy with my progress...first time really using a proper arched position and pulling it off the rack with my lats as opposed to lifting it up. Also, the fact this was my first day back at flat bench makes this feat even better. 275 flew up with ease and 295 wasn't much harder. Feeling so strong while in a calorie deficit on a keto diet is remarkable in my opinion. I wanted to finish on a positive note so I dropped down to 225 and was able to bang out 13. Had no motivation or energy for deadlifts so I will do them tomorrow.

A little over a week and I am already enjoying my Anafuse run. I'm sure it will only get better.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome work! I had the same thing with benching. I had been doing dumbbells for months and only did some close grip bench work. I went right to flat bench after being on Anafuse without training with a barbell and broke my 1RM of 285, managed to get 300. You should be seeing more progress the future into this run you go.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang love the detailed workouts and im glad your liking anafuse so far!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome work! I had the same thing with benching. I had been doing dumbbells for months and only did some close grip bench work. I went right to flat bench after being on Anafuse without training with a barbell and broke my 1RM of 285, managed to get 300. You should be seeing more progress the future into this run you go.
That's awesome man. Sometimes a switch and a nice break from something is exactly what we need. Excited to see what the future of my run holds. I could only imagine using this on a bulk.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday's Workout

Deadlifts / Bi's / Tri's

45 x 10
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3
315 x 3
315 x 3

These felt pretty solid. Pretty sure my form was really tight and I didn't get any back pain.

Straight Bar Curls supersetted with Dips

45 x 15 - BW x 15
65 x 15 - BW x 15
75 x 12 - 10 x 12
85 x 10 - 15 x 10
95 x 8 - 25 x 8
105 x 6 - 35 x 6

Then I decided to do some pump work. It's been a long time since I really went for the burn. I remember when I was a kid, middle school and early high school, when I was just learning and would do high rep burn sets like these all the time. I didn't have the knowledge I have today but what I did have was insane work ethic and dedication. Sometimes I almost feel as if I have gone soft in comparison to the things I use to do back then. Even now when I think I am really going hard I sometimes have to question myself. Sure to most people I am working really hard but am I working as hard as that hungry kid who was willing to keep pushing through the pain in order to obtain true failure? I think there is still a lot to be learned from that kid so I think I will be incorporating more torture sets from now on and every time I feel like stopping because I reached my "desired rep scheme" I'm going to find it within myself to keep pushing.

Ok, so the point of my little rant was to just remind ourselves why we began working out in the first place...when it was simply for the fun of it. When you really didn't know what you were doing and you just did what made sense to you, like the more sore you felt the better your workout was, right? No pain, no gain! Despite the wealth of information we have access to today, what I did was working at the time. I made positive changes to my body and it help mold me into who I am today. I built a foundation in being mentally tough and made a promise to break through whatever limitations I would encounter.

Ok so back to the workout!

Cable Curls supersetted with Tricep Rope Pull Downs

30lbs (or 60lbs) x 30 - 30lbs (or 60lbs) x 30

After my first set I thought I may have used too light a weight. But after about the 10th rep of curls on the second set I realized I was wrong. Burn was awesome, pump was out of control. I could barely lift my arms to take my cd out of the cd player and shaking my protein drink wasn't fun. I noticed some sick veins in the mirror afterwards...some in spots I have never noticed before. For a guy who is barely over 5ft 7 and currently sitting around 200lbs I think it is pretty remarkable to actually have some vascularity. I can only imagine how awesome I am going to look as I further my cut. Wednesday will just be some cardio and then Thursday I will be doing legs again. Until then!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm loving the detailed responses as well! Keep it up man!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardio

Decided to hit the heavy bag a little bit, first time in a while. I did 3 continues rounds of 200 punches and 200 jumps with a jump rope. So 600 each. I finished this off with a run around the track a block away from my house. It is larger than a 1/4 mile but smaller than a 1/2. Then I walked one more lap. So to make this easier to read:

200 Punches - 200 jumps
200 Punches - 200 jumps
200 Punches - 200 jumps

followed by a jog and a walk.

The first round of punches I surprised myself...I had power and speed, I felt like a fighter lol But by the time round 2 hit my shoulders felt like they weighed 500 pounds lol A couple years ago I was doing 350 punches/jumps for 10 rounds...I need to get back into that condition haha

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always feel better after letting go on a heavy bag huh ;)

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday - Legs

Decided to try pre-exhausting my legs tonight. Don't normally do this.

Lying Hamstring Curls supersetted with Leg Extensions

Empty x 20 - 20 (or 40) x 20
10 x 20 - 30 (or 60) x 20
15 x 20 - 40 (or 80) x 20
20 x 20 - 50 (or 100) x 20
25 x 15 - 60 (or 120) x 15
30 x 12 - 70 (or 140) x 12
35 x 10 - 80 (or 160) x 10
40 x 8 - 90 (or 180) x 8
45 x 6 right into 15 x 30 supersetted with 100 or (200) x 6 right into 50 x 30.

My legs were feeling pretty pumped by this point. Now it was time for squats!

Squats

45 x 15
95 x 15
135 x 15
185 x 12
205 x 10
225 x 8
245 x 6 right into 135 x 15.

Legs were engorged with blood. Endurance was pretty high considering. Very little rest between the hammies and the leg extensions and not too long between the squats either. I am really feeling a lot leaner today. When lying down my top abs are feeling a lot harder than they have been and also notice my love handles are on their way towards non existent. Tomorrow is upper body! Don't think I am carbing up this Sunday...want to see if I can drop some more fat and make my body really crave that carb up. Doing this will really put Anafuse to the test because next week's strengths workouts may suffer...let's find out!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Legs are feeling it this morning i bet^^^^;)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha yes! They were actually feeling it last night lol
I bet. After volume like that I would be out on a wheel chair for a couple days haha

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Friday - Upper Body

Flat Bench

45 x 20
45 x 20
95 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
235 x 5
245 x 5
255 x 5

Felt really good after the first set of 225, my form got really locked in and the weight started feeling lighter. Only problem was that for some reason my triceps were completely shot after a few warm up sets lol

Barbell Rows

135 x 15
155 x 12
165 x 10
175 x 8
185 x 10

Incline Dumbbells...it was kind of in between incline bench and incline shoulder press...either way it fit the bill nicely.

50 x 25
55 x 15
60 x 10

Very little rest between those sets.

Lat Pull Downs (A lot of times I finish with these but I needed something that wasn't as mentally draining so I did them prior to bi's and tri's)

90 (or 180) x 15
80 (or 160) x 20
70 (or 140) x 25

Alternating Dumbbell Curls (Half Hammer with Supination) Reps are for each arm

50 x 8
50 x 8
40 x 10

Weighted Dips (Wanted to do some decently heavy dips even though my tri's were dead...also wanted to finish fast so had little rest between my sets..kept the belt on in between)

45 x 5
45 x 5
45 x 5

About a year ago when I was running Rob Regish's Blueprint 3.0 I was using 90 lbs for a few reps...so I know what I am capable of, just have to start pushing the envelope again.

Was a pretty great workout. Pumped all over, nice vascularity in my arms and shoulders. Continuing to look leaner, just have to stay mentally tough for another week until my carb up.

Might do some cardio before work tomorrow...if I manage to get up lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work man! did you make it up for your cardio session?;)

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work man! did you make it up for your cardio session?;)
No...I just relaxed before work instead. I should of did something but at least my diet was tight all weekend. Since I didn't have a carb up yesterday I am going to switch my workout schedule a little bit this week...instead of my extremely low rep power day I am going to still go heavy but shoot for 5 reps. Not sure how the exact layout is going to look but I'll figure it out come gym time haha

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention...I am pretty astonished by my results so far. My weight is still floating around 202 but I am a lot leaner...my upper abs are starting to come out already and it's kind of shocking. For a 5ft 7 guy to be over 200 lbs and have some sign of abs is pretty impressive imo. The recomp is real lol In my avatar I am like 166....my abs look nothing like that now but I am anxious to see what I would look like at around 176 or so. I should have took before pictures but I was too ashamed of my gut haha

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
Can wait to get my anafuse.. Talk to a guy that's very familiar with a lot of compounds.. And he said true 5a hydroxy laxogenin definitely has anavar comparisons and u will know if it's the real deal!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can wait to get my anafuse.. Talk to a guy that's very familiar with a lot of compounds.. And he said true 5a hydroxy laxogenin definitely has anavar comparisons and u will know if it's the real deal!
It is so great to have these fantastic ingredients coming out that not only help you build muscle but also have a wide variety of health benefits associated with them. My keto diet with the planned carb ups and my intense training are definitely aiming at a recomp but with the addition of anafuse it is kicking it up a few gears. I am 202 lbs but my stomach is looking like it would at 190-195. Pretty awesome!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday - Legs

Squats

bw x 10
45 x 10
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 10 (Pausing at the bottom for a count of 3 for reps 1, 5, and 10).
185 x 3 (Paused at 3 seconds for all 3 reps)
205 x 2 (Paused at 3 seconds for both reps)
205 x 2 (Paused at 3 seconds for both reps)
225 x 5
245 x 5
255 x 5

I did some pause squats to help stretch myself out as well as focus on generating some power. Then I continued with a little heavier work. Felt pretty good, but I can tell I am missing my carbs.

Lying Hamstring Curls Supersetted with Leg Extensions

25 x 20 - 70 (or 140) x 20
45 x 8 - 110 (or 220) x 8
45 x 8 - 110 (or 220) x 8
45 x 8 (was going to get 10 this time but hammy felt funky after 8 and I don't screw around with them since all the tears and pulls) right into 25 x 20 suppersetted with - 110 (or 220) x 8 right into 70 (or 140) x 20

That was it for today. Kept the volume down a bit but the pace was pretty good. I still have another leg day this week with higher rep work plus my depletion workout Sunday and possibly some cardio. Tomorrow I am going to do chest and back with a little biceps. Wednesday will be shoulders, traps, and triceps. Thursday legs again and then Friday a full upper body. I really need to get some more cardio in but this damn cold weather is pissing me off. I sometimes like (well like is a strong word) to go for a short run after my workouts but being covered with sweat and then having to bundle up and go outside is really turning me off lol I'll probably do heavy bag work and jump roping on Wednesday after my workout to really kill my arms haha