Testing Out Olympus Labs Transdermal Ep1c

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
First off a big thank you to Olympus Labs and all of their reps for a chance to log this yet to be released product. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be logging the transdermal version of Ep1c (-)-epicatechin. This is my first experience with (-)-epicatechin and Olympus Labs in general, however I have an Ostar1ne cycle coming up after this run. And I will give an unbiased and fair review during my log.

I'm new to AM but not to fitness, forums, or logging. Many of you do not know me so let me tell you the short version of my story. I started as a cardio bunny at the weight of 425l bs in 2012. I ate right, walked mile upon mile and got down to 320 lbs in 6 months before rupturing my patella tendon and fracturing my patella. I was sidelined for 3 months between surgery and physical therapy. During that time I made the decision to not just lose the weight but to transform myself. Fast forward to today and I weigh 230 lbs at 18% body fat, that's a total weight change of 195 lbs. The body fat is hard for me to read with calipers given the fair amount of loose skin I have left over. I started with simple 5x5 training and have done numerous Jim Stoppani routines, GVT and PHAT just to name a few. I did have an eating disorder so building muscle and eating the calories that my body requires is a daily fight for me, however I've been good for some time now.

Just to see how far I've come this is a before and after picture..

beforeandafter.jpg

Stats
Age-26
Ht-6'2
Wt-230 lbs
BF-18%

Nutrition
I'm eating for recomp and currently carb cycling. My calories and macros are broken down as follows
Lifting days
Calories-2800
Protein-220g
Carbs-280g
Fats- 90g

Cardio days
Calories-2500
Protein-220g
Carbs-200g
Fats-90g

All meats are lean sources of protein (chicken breast, deer, turkey)
All carbs are either sweet potatoes, black beans, ezikeal bread, or oatmeal
Majority of fats will come from coconut oil, olive oil, avocado and peanut butter

Training

My focus on this training is to maintain my strength while burning body fat

Monday

BB Bench 5x5
BB Row 5x5
Hammer Iso Wide Bench 2x10
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 2x10
Cable Crossover 2x10
Pull Up 4xFailure
DB Fly 2x10
DB Pullover 2x10
Lower Back Extension

Tuesday

Fasted Cardio including but not limited to HIIT, hill sprints, stair master, steady state, tabata, etc...
Core work will also be added.

Wednesday

Squat 5x5
Military Press 5x5
Hack Squat 2x10
Arnold Press 2x10
Leg Extension 4x15
Seated DB Side Raises 4x10
Lying Hamstring Curl 2x10
DB Rear Delt Fly 2X10
Standing Calf Raise 4x15
Glute Ham Raise 4x10

Thursday

Fasted Cardio/Core

Friday

Deadlift 5,4,3,2,1,5
DB Bench 3x5
DB Row 3X5
Squat 3x5
DB Shoulder Press 3x5
BB Curl 10,8,6,4,2,6,8,10
Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown 4x8
Seated Hammer Curl4x8
Skull Crusher 4x8
Incline DB Curl 2x10
DB Overhead Extension 2x10
Pull Up 2xFailure
Dips 4XFailure

Saturday

Fasted Cardio/Core

Supplements

-Cellucor Whey Protein
-Cellucor Alpha Amino on cardio days
-Fish Oil
-Multi
-Creatine HCL 2g
-LGI Fully Loaded Amp'd Edition

I will be applying 1/2 pump am and the 2nd half of TD Ep1c 12 hours later. To make sure I get the doses correct I measured out a full pump with a syringe and cut that in half.

Ready to get this log going tomorrow!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome news and great job on your journey this far!!! Its awesome just looking at how far you've come and the motivation to keep pressing forward. Good info on the initial and I do believe you are off to a great start. Any reason you are taking your fish oils so close to workout time?

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Awesome news and great job on your journey this far!!! Its awesome just looking at how far you've come and the motivation to keep pressing forward. Good info on the initial and I do believe you are off to a great start. Any reason you are taking your fish oils so close to workout time?
Thanks my man appreciate it! And no reason at all other then some old school guys advised it to me so I tried it out and enjoyed it. Doubt it makes a major difference though. On cardio days i use split dose of 3g each time.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
12/03/14-Legs/Shoulders

Squat 5x5 235
Military Press 5x5 140
Hack Squat 2x10 185
Arnold Press 2x10 55
Leg Extension 4x15 165
Seated DB Side Raises 4x10 25
Lying Hamstring Curl 2x10 90
DB Rear Delt Fly 2X10 25
Standing Calf Raise 4x15 255
Glute Ham Raise 4x10 60

Applied Ep1c TD about 45 minutes prior to workout. I can only compare the smell and absorption to Formabolic since it's the only transdermal I've ever ran. The smell is pleasant, a hint of citrus. Application is smooth and a bit of a tingle and sticky texture but once it dries there's no leftover residue what so ever. Nothing to note yet of course. Will apply my next dose 12 hours later around 5pm.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Late but in! Really impressive transformation man! Im jealous you have a good before picture for judging.

As for the fish oil, people are starting to go away from dosing it near their workouts giving 6-8 hour as to prevent the anti-inflammatory properties of the fish oil from impairing the inflammation necessary for signaling muscle growth and recovery.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Late but in! Really impressive transformation man! Im jealous you have a good before picture for judging.

As for the fish oil, people are starting to go away from dosing it near their workouts giving 6-8 hour as to prevent the anti-inflammatory properties of the fish oil from impairing the inflammation necessary for signaling muscle growth and recovery.
Thanks man and welcome to the log! Might have to switch up the fish oil dosage then and try something new.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I'm here to help and compare notes.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
subbed

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Awesome transformation man, I'm curious about all these epi products and this is the first transdermal I've seen so I'm subbed

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Heck yea, I cant wait to see how this treats you week to week!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome transformation dude, I will be following closely, I am very interested in the product and have great respect for you and the road you have travelled!

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Awesome transformation dude, I will be following closely, I am very interested in the product and have great respect for you and the road you have travelled!
Thank you sir! Hasn't been easy but it's what I live for these days. Lots of people will say it's their life and it saved them but for me the proof is the results..

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yeah, I'd opt for this as well.

Interested to see how this pans out for you, will be following along.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kill it big guy!! Can't wait to see your numbers blow up!! BTW, awesome progress thus far...the journey continues.

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
12/04/14- Cardio/Core

Dosed my TD Ep1c about an hour before workout. Took 2 scoops of Alpha Amino 15 minutes prior on the way there this am

Low impact elliptical- 30min
Stationary rowing- 5000m
HIIT with incline- 15min
Tabata kettle bell swings- 8/20 split
Planks- 4x60sec
Weighted leg raises- 4x15
Dead land mines- 4x10
Stair climber- 10min

Good workout this morning. I see a lot of reviews/logs saying (-)-epicatechin makes them sweat more and improves endurance. The endurance I'm looking forward to and can't wait for that to kick in. It's going to take a lot for me to notice any increase in perspiration being I already sweat like crazy anyhow. Hitting my compound movements and arms tomorrow am and looking forward to getting that Ep1c pump hopefully!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
12/04/14- Cardio/Core

Dosed my TD Ep1c about an hour before workout. Took 2 scoops of Alpha Amino 15 minutes prior on the way there this am

Low impact elliptical- 30min
Stationary rowing- 5000m
HIIT with incline- 15min
Tabata kettle bell swings- 8/20 split
Planks- 4x60sec
Weighted leg raises- 4x15
Dead land mines- 4x10
Stair climber- 10min

Good workout this morning. I see a lot of reviews/logs saying (-)-epicatechin makes them sweat more and improves endurance. The endurance I'm looking forward to and can't wait for that to kick in. It's going to take a lot for me to notice any increase in perspiration being I already sweat like crazy anyhow. Hitting my compound movements and arms tomorrow am and looking forward to getting that Ep1c pump hopefully!
That's some serious cardio!! I got winded reading it!! LOL

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
12/05/14-Compound/Arms

Deadlift 5,4,3,2,1,5 185,225,285,315,325,225
DB Bench 3x5 80x2, 85
DB Row 3X5 90,95x2
Squat 3x5 225
DB Shoulder Press 3x5 60x2, 65
BB Curl 10,8,6,4,2,6,8,10 45,55,60,65,75,70,60,50
Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown 4x8 120
Seated Hammer Curl4x8 40
Skull Crusher 4x8 65
Incline DB Curl 2x10 30
DB Overhead Extension 2x10 80
Pull Up 2 x Failure
Dips 4 X Failure

Was a little tired from watching my Cowboys win last night, finally going to have a winning record for the first time in years! One of the struggles of working out at 6am everyday. Anyway, I dosed my TD Ep1c an hour and my preworkout about 30 minutes prior to hitting the gym this morning. Awesome workout today, the pump was pretty intense when I got finished with reverse grip tricep pushdown. Had a great aggression and intensity feeling the whole entire workout. Cardio and core again tomorrow first thing in the morning. Still enjoying the application of the Transdermal that Olympus provides, no grainy,burning feeling when rubbing on at all. Absorbing fast and able to put clothes on right after application pretty much and it leaves behind a nice faint sent. Been applying to my traps and upper chest with no issues what so ever.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Glad your enjoying the carrier and I know what you mean the scent is kind of nice...

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang it man, now I have to root for a Cowboys fan in here!!!

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
lol it's okay guy's I'm not a dick cowboys fan that thinks no matter what we're the best team and live in past success. We're still average until we win a damn playoff game..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol it's okay guy's in not a dick cowboys fan that thinks no matter what we're the best team and live in past success. We're still average until we win a damn playoff game..
Well as a Vikings fan myself I can be glad they beat the Bears so...

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol it's okay guy's I'm not a dick cowboys fan that thinks no matter what we're the best team and live in past success. We're still average until we win a damn playoff game..
As an Eagles fan, I'm sorry but we are now mortal enemies!

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
No workout and didn't dose Ep1c today. Got a bad case of food poisoning and haven't eaten anything yet. Resting and going to tackle Mondays workout hard..

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No workout and didn't dose Ep1c today. Got a bad case of food poisoning and haven't eaten anything yet. Resting and going to tackle Mondays workout hard..
Get well bro... food poisoning sucks.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Hey man rest up and get better

CJNator

Awards
Rest before gainz, be well.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ouch hope it passes soon!

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Thanks guys! It was rough that's for sure. But feeling nearly 100% today so I'm ready for 6am to get here tomorrow!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If there is a bright side to food poisoning, it's that it's gone as fast as it comes. Get your rest bro!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love am workouts! Great way to start a day!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! It was rough that's for sure. But feeling nearly 100% today so I'm ready for 6am to get here tomorrow!
I love a good AM workout but don't you go wishing for this weekend to be over Lls

I ain't worth .... in the morning. Much stronger in the evening.
WHAT!!! By the evening I'm so mentally done Lls

Carminb1

Carminb1

Awards
Would much rather workout in the afternoon but like TheMovement said, mentally I'm done by afternoon and waking up early is just so much easier and emptier and in the gym as well. Nothing better then the choice of any bench on chest day..

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love a good AM workout but don't you go wishing for this weekend to be over Lls

WHAT!!! By the evening I'm so mentally done Lls
But I have so much more food in my tank by then;)

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree PM lifting for me my body is much loser and the stress of the day motivates me to lift more
That too. All my frustrations that I unleash on the weights, and that enables me to crush my gymbuddy.