BPS--- Gettig Lean and Mean on Comubstion and DCP 2 !!

Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last

1. Love me some cage presses.. nice session.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    Yes it is pretty quiet most of the time. I used to lift at the local YMCA and I hated it. Freaking kids running around doing stupid stuff. Way better here!!
    FUnny my son (19) and daughter (16) go to a gym that has a promotion for students 12-17 in the summer. Free membership from 9-3. My son only will go after 3 now, and my daughter complains about how none of them are serious and has to ask them to move so she can use something they are just sitting on texting. That said, it is a good idea / promo for Goodlife (gym chain) to promote youth fitness.
    •   

3. Awesome chest/shoulder day!!! Way to go!! Great info about the combustion too!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

4. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    So I skipped my preworkout dose of Combustion and Presurge and notice a huge difference in how much I sweat. I never even broke one until about half way through my workout. So there is a deffinate thermo action to the Combustion!!
    I've also notice that even though there isn't much caffiene in them, if I spread the doses out through the day I rarely get tired.
    I agree with both of these statements. My supervisors look at me crazy when we go on an important assignment and I'm sweating like crazy (I carry a wash clothe in my back pocket to wipe sweat). It seems like every time there is something important I've just taken Combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    I had never done Destroyer sets before and didnt really know what weight to use, so I didn't hit 60,30,10 like it called for. But they deffinately "DESTROYED" my rear delts!!!
    Ooh, man, these burn so good. I use about the same weight as you, and sometimes I swing wider than prescribed, but I've NEVER hit 60 without pauses. I think the other day I even set the DB's down for 3-4 seconds. The burn is awesome.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

5. I didn't know there was a prescribed distance on the swing? I just used them like I would doing rear delts, albeit without near the ROM. Of course by the time I got to the last 10-15 reps the ROM wasn't much haha.
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."
    •   

6. “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

7. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    I didn't know there was a prescribed distance on the swing? I just used them like I would doing rear delts, albeit without near the ROM. Of course by the time I got to the last 10-15 reps the ROM wasn't much haha.
    " swinging the weight up in a 6-8 inch arc for 60 reps"

8. Thanks guys! That looks like what I did, but not quiet as fast swinging.
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

9. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Wow that looks intense and fun!!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

10. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Wow that looks intense and fun!!
    Well it is definitely one of those two things....

11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Well it is definitely one of those two things....
    Haha, I know I made some pretty weird noises/faces so I am not sure how much fun it was!!

12. Just a quick update.

Sorry haven't been around the last few days to update my logs.
    Yestarday morning my oldest boys were gone and it was just me and the 6 yr old so I decided it was "our" day. Spent the morning and early afternoon with him before I went to work.
    This morning I got in a did a quick bis/tri/calves workout. Pretty intense one at that!!

Now the bad news.
    I live in an older house. In the rooms that don't have drop ceilings, the ceiling is plaster with lathes below it. Well our dining room has always had a few cracks in the ceiling. Over the last week they have gotten worse every day!! Bad enough it looked like one side was bowing and ready to come down!
    So after my workout this morning, I ate some breakfast/lunch and starting tearing down the ceiling to put sheet rock up. Well as I tore down the old plaster I realized it was it that was bowing, it was the lathes and apparently the ceiling joists that are bowing on one end the ceiling!!! Bad enough that I can push up on the joist and part of the ceiling goes with it. Even though I was just up in the attack yestarday I couldnt see any leaks. BUT the joists are covered up by insulation so I have no idea what is going on. ARGGG!!! My wifes cousin owns a construction company so he is coming over this afternoon while I am at work to check it out. Gotta feeling it is going to be some $$$ to fix!!

So the next few days may be hit or miss on here but I will get everything caught up by the first of next week.

13. Oh nooooooo! That doesn't sound good at all!! I hope it's not too crazy $$!

14. Good luck man.. that's too bad, hope it isn't too expensive.

15. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    Just a quick update.

Sorry haven't been around the last few days to update my logs.
    Yestarday morning my oldest boys were gone and it was just me and the 6 yr old so I decided it was "our" day. Spent the morning and early afternoon with him before I went to work.
    This morning I got in a did a quick bis/tri/calves workout. Pretty intense one at that!!

Now the bad news.
    I live in an older house. In the rooms that don't have drop ceilings, the ceiling is plaster with lathes below it. Well our dining room has always had a few cracks in the ceiling. Over the last week they have gotten worse every day!! Bad enough it looked like one side was bowing and ready to come down!
    So after my workout this morning, I ate some breakfast/lunch and starting tearing down the ceiling to put sheet rock up. Well as I tore down the old plaster I realized it was it that was bowing, it was the lathes and apparently the ceiling joists that are bowing on one end the ceiling!!! Bad enough that I can push up on the joist and part of the ceiling goes with it. Even though I was just up in the attack yestarday I couldnt see any leaks. BUT the joists are covered up by insulation so I have no idea what is going on. ARGGG!!! My wifes cousin owns a construction company so he is coming over this afternoon while I am at work to check it out. Gotta feeling it is going to be some $$$ to fix!!

So the next few days may be hit or miss on here but I will get everything caught up by the first of next week.
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, man! Sounds like you are in good hands though. If you didn't have an insider, this could end up costing even more. Good luck to you!

Hope the Combustion is helping you cope! lol (shameless)

16. Dang, man. That sucks. Bring the house down to Florida and I'll help you out with the repairs.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

17. lets hope your wifes cousin can give you a deal, costs of materials are crazy high these days, but maybe he can get a discount to pass on to you!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

18. Sorry guys been MIA the last few days. Did hit the gym Saturday and got in a good back workout!! Took today off. Was going to get in some cardio but got called into work at 8 this morning. And my wifes cousing still hasn't came by so I will get up in the attack in a bit and see if I can figure out whats wrong.

It looks like I have about a week left of the combustion. I'll be starting a DermaTr3n log for Olympus Labs tomorrow so I am transitioning from a cut to recomp. Although depending on how things go I probably won't change my calories to much. At least this first week, and then I may slowly raise them

19. "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

20. Sorry the pic is so big. So this is what I am dealing with, I am in my attic here. As you can tell it is an old house by the insulation. The ceiling joists are actually 2x4's instead of 2x6 or 8's. If you look you can see one laying flat that goes across the joists diagonally. I am not sure how many are up there like that, but it looks like they put them in for more support. That board is nailed into the joists. Once I got the insulation moved back I can see that the couple of boards have dropped some and came loose. So my plans are to jack up the ceiling from our dining room and then get up in the attack and use 4" screws and secure the joists to the brace. Hopefully that fixed the problem. I pulled the insulation back along the 2x4 and it all seems pretty sturdy, no cracks or water damage so not sure why it came loose?

21. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    Sorry guys been MIA the last few days. Did hit the gym Saturday and got in a good back workout!! Took today off. Was going to get in some cardio but got called into work at 8 this morning. And my wifes cousing still hasn't came by so I will get up in the attack in a bit and see if I can figure out whats wrong.

It looks like I have about a week left of the combustion. I'll be starting a DermaTr3n log for Olympus Labs tomorrow so I am transitioning from a cut to recomp. Although depending on how things go I probably won't change my calories to much. At least this first week, and then I may slowly raise them
    are you going to continue the week of combustion?
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

22. Wow! Looks like a mess but sounds like you know how to fit it pretty "simply" and without a contractor! I don't know anything about houses! I leave all of that to hubby! Lol I don't really allow him in the attic much anymore though bc he shattered his leg 3 years ago falling through our master bathroom ceiling! O.o

23. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    are you going to continue the week of combustion?
    Yes sir

24. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Wow! Looks like a mess but sounds like you know how to fit it pretty "simply" and without a contractor! I don't know anything about houses! I leave all of that to hubby! Lol I don't really allow him in the attic much anymore though bc he shattered his leg 3 years ago falling through our master bathroom ceiling! O.o
    Ouch!!

25. Have y'all taken any walls out or made changes to any walls? I've seen some people try and take out or change a load bearing wall and eventually the ceiling collapsed.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting lean and mean or big and bad
    By bi0hazurd in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 07:53 PM
  2. Lottos Journey To Lean And Mean Log
    By Lotto in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 04:48 PM
  3. what does "USP" mean on research chems and other medicine?
    By SpecialK117 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:57 PM