SNS Growth Factor XT/X-Gels/Reduce XT log

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello all....AE is back with another log. A big thank you to the SNS team for this opportunity. Never tried ArA, and am really excited to see how it works for me. Also, I have tried many of the GH optimizers, so I am curious how this stacks up. The reduce XT is from my own stash. Figured it would go well.
A quick rundown of everything about me

38 years old 5' 10" 202lbs.

Been lifting since I am roughly 11 years old. I do 7 days a week of fasted cardio at 340 am and lift 6 days a week. I am a High School Vice Principal, so I need to be up and moving early, as I am at work by 630ish AM every day.

Monday-Shoulders/Back
Tuesday-off
Wednesday- legs/bis
Thursday- chest
Friday- shoulders, back
Saturday- Legs/bis
Sunday- chest, tris

Here are the other supps I am currently using:
Orange Triad/Greens
SNS caffeine (when needed)
Pro Nom 23

Thats it, I am typically a keep it simple kind of guy

I will do my absolute best to update everyday with a rundown of the morning activities.

My weights will be down from previous logs, per doc's orders. My shoulders are showing their age, and he wants me to go a little lighter. First dose of GFXT is tonight, with X-Gels starting tomorrow.

Welcome aboard!!!!

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I've been interested in x-gels. I still haven't ran ARA

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Much appreciated guys....glad to have you along.

Finishing up now, here has been the rundown

Cardio
45 minutes treadmill 12% incline 3.6-4.0 mph

Back
Wide grip chins BW 4 sets of 10
Mid shin rack pulls 225-405lbs sets of 5
BB rows 4 sets of 8 135-205lbs

Bis
BB curls with fat grips 4 sets of 8 up to 85lbs
Hammer curls 5 sets 45-50lbs

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forgot to mention.....first day nothing to report for X-Gels. If all goes as I hope, I will purchase a second bottle on my own.

For GF XT it didn't help fall asleep. I did sleep very deeply however, which is great especially with a 9 year old beagle sleeping between the mrs and myself.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Forgot to mention.....first day nothing to report for X-Gels. If all goes as I hope, I will purchase a second bottle on my own. For GF XT it didn't help fall asleep. I did sleep very deeply however, which is great especially with a 9 year old beagle sleeping between the mrs and myself.
Great start to the log!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning in and some thoughts

My sleep is crazy. Last night it hit me like a ton of bricks. Woke up nice due to the dog, and was right back out.

Only thing of note with X-Gels is that I need to take it with more liquid. Absolutely awful post ingestion burbs and flavor. Gave a queasy feeling the whole workout. Pushed through regardless.

For today's,workout, I took it very easy in shoulders due to the cortisone shot on Monday.

Legs
SSB box squats (8sets) sets at 245lbs of 8-10 did not want to go too heavy until shoulder is 100%
GHR (5 sets) all sets of 10-12 both BW and with 25lbs plate

Shoulders
Side laterals 25lbs sets of 12
Rear laterals 25lbs sets of 12

Kept it light enough to not cause issue but with a high enough range to get a decent pump.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nice to hear about the GFXT putting you to sleep quickly. With X-Gels, I never noticed a nauseating feeling post-consumption when taken independent of other ingredients... Taken in conjunction with GMS caused this for me occasionally.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alrighty, a little rundown from this am outside of typical cardio

Not much in way of anything physically noticeable or increase in strength. Kept things status quo for chest/tris and worked lighter due to the shoulder i mentioned

Chest
Incline BP 6 sets total 2 sets @ 225lbs 5 reps
Flat BP 6 sets total 2 sets @ 295 4reps each

Tris
JM Press/CG BP supersets *allowed me to get a good pump and keep weights light* stayed at no more than 185lbs to failure for each

Solid workout after 40 mins on the treadmill.

Really looking at this as a recomp/cut more than anything else

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you dose your OT+Greens away from your X-Gels?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sorry, missed where you mentioned (the title) that you'll be running Reduce XT with this. Should be very nice for maintaing/gaining strength while in a deficit.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your back day is the same set up as my back power day. Except I do pullups not chins

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for joining along guys. Had a good morning today, except still with the odd after taste burp from the xgels. Took a ton more water this am, but still not masking it. Will try other options. Not a big deal, just something of note.

Typical 40 mins of cardio

Back
BB Rows 6 sets 2 sets @ 185 5 &7 reps <slow and strict>
Reverse hypers w/bands 4 sets 12 reps per
Wide chins 4 sets BW to failure

Bis
Front hammer curls 5 sets 45lbs sets of 10 & 12
1 arm preacher curls 4 sets 45lbs sets of 10

Nothing truly to note yet. I will say that GFXT is continuing to impress for sleep . It is starting to help me drift off and it keeps me to sleep. I think the poor dog is unhappy with the last part. :)

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
AE14 does the GFXT make you drowsy in the morning?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's interesting. It's a 25 minute ride to work and I am dead by the end

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And this is independent of your workout prior, correct?
That is correct

As an aside, was on treadmill longer than expected this morning. 50 mins @ 12% incline. Have a Yankee game on at 1 so will be hitting the treadmill again while that's on. :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an FYI....took xgels with juice and problem solved.

Reactions: mw1

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little rundown from this afternoon

35 minutes treadmill

Legs:
Box squats (8 sets) all sets up to 225 12 reps
GHR (5 sets) BW sets of 10

Shoulders: didnt go too crazy here

BTN press 4 sets of 115lbs for 8 each
Side & rear laterals superset (4 sets) 30lbs to failure each

Overall pretty good, nothing too crazy and nothing yet to note. Trying not to go overboard on my shoulders

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A little rundown from this afternoon

35 minutes treadmill

Legs:
Box squats (8 sets) all sets up to 225 12 reps
GHR (5 sets) BW sets of 10

Shoulders: didnt go too crazy here

BTN press 4 sets of 115lbs for 8 each
Side & rear laterals superset (4 sets) 30lbs to failure each

Overall pretty good, nothing too crazy and nothing yet to note. Trying not to go overboard on my shoulders
If your shoulders are giving you grief, i recommend dropping the BTN's as these place the shoulder in an unnatural position.

If you insist on keeping them, limit how far you go behind the head

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That is correct As an aside, was on treadmill longer than expected this morning. 50 mins @ 12% incline. Have a Yankee game on at 1 so will be hitting the treadmill again while that's on. :)
Ahhh, unsubbing. I grew up in New England. :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your shoulders are giving you grief, i recommend dropping the BTN's as these place the shoulder in an unnatural position. If you insist on keeping them, limit how far you go behind the head
I do have to limit depth. 3 operations already and not looking for more. :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent day today. Hit my normal fasted cardio for 40+ minutes. Weight was down to 200lbs even

Afternoon cardio for 35 minutes (really want to cut to 190lbs if possible

Chest:
Flat BP (8 sets) 3 sets @ 275lbs 4,3,3 reps (altered grip slightly closer to limit shoulder strain)
Incline flys (5 sets) 55lbs

Triceps:
worked a 3 exercise giant set (JM Press, 2 arm db ext with 2 different weights)

5 sets with the giant set to failure each, I am going to be sore as hell tomorrow :)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lot of volume, especially considering the amount of cardio you did... Let's hope the LCLT can help a little bit.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lot of volume, especially considering the amount of cardio you did... Let's hope the LCLT can help a little bit.
thanks man. I can't go as heavy as I want as I am getting older. The days of a 400lbs bench and 500lbs dead are long gone. :(

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know what you mean. I have to be a little cautious myself
Getting older is not as much fun as it should be.

Just started lifting after 40 min of cardio.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit back with a little bit of bis this am

Wide chins (5 sets) bw 10-12 per
BB rows (5 sets) up to 185 to failure
Suspended BW rows (6 sets) to failure per set

My suspended rows are hanging from the top of my power rack (helps me maintain grip too) ;)

Bis (was very tired and lacked energy on this one)
Hammer curls (4 sets) 50lbs sets of 8-10

Was feeling alittle lethargic this morning. Was hoping to do more bi work, but I knew I was fried.

Nothing of note yet in terms of body comp, strength etc...

Only constant is the deep sleep. Which is great, but not as easy to wake up

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hit back with a little bit of bis this am

Wide chins (5 sets) bw 10-12 per
BB rows (5 sets) up to 185 to failure
Suspended BW rows (6 sets) to failure per set

My suspended rows are hanging from the top of my power rack (helps me maintain grip too) ;)

Bis (was very tired and lacked energy on this one)
Hammer curls (4 sets) 50lbs sets of 8-10

Was feeling alittle lethargic this morning. Was hoping to do more bi work, but I knew I was fried.

Nothing of note yet in terms of body comp, strength etc...

Only constant is the deep sleep. Which is great, but not as easy to wake up
Nice updates man.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have you been able to take GFXT and sleep in yet?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
forgot the rundown from this am

typical 40 mins of cardio

Shoulders
Seated Press (6 sets) sets up to 185lbs sets of 5-7
Side/Rear laterals superset (4 sets) 30lbs to failure pure set

Legs
GHR (6 sets) BW to failure each set

Have not noticed any changes thus far from XGels, anxiously awaiting. The GF-XT is a wonderfully powerful sleep inducer. However, the mornings are still quite rough. WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hopefully by week 2-3 you'll start to notice the X-Gels at work.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I'm in for sure. This stack looks epic. I really like The growth factor Xt and what it will contribute here. People often underestimate the power of a natty stack combined with hard work and diet!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully by week 2-3 you'll start to notice the X-Gels at work.
Thanks man I appreciate it. Hoping to see it start kicking in soon. Currently finishing my back/bis workout. Damn dog had me up at 330 so it was off to the basement for cardio and lifting early

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks man I appreciate it. Hoping to see it start kicking in soon. Currently finishing my back/bis workout. Damn dog had me up at 330 so it was off to the basement for cardio and lifting early
You need to get the dog on a better sleep schedule. :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have had 2 good days of working out. Been trying to increase my cardio and continue on a higher rep routine. Still struggling with shoulder issues, but the more I am working them with lighter weight, the better it is.

Nothing new to note with X-Gels. I figure it still might take a little time before anything noticeable takes place.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sadly no. I am always up early which is a direct result of my job and animals in the house. :)
Im in the same boat. I have a dog that likes to bark at anything and anyone that comes within 100 ft of the door

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, of course, up at 4 on both a Saturday and a Sunday. Gotta love the pets.

Still nursing the shoulder issues and was hopeful that the cortisone shot from 3/31 would have had better results. Even with a safety squat bar, it was bad yesterday. Ortho told me that the only other option is to shave my clavicle, which garnered a laugh on my end. No shot, already had 2 operations on that shoulder.

Weight overall was fine, was able to squat off of a low box in excess of 300 without issue. The pressure on the shoulder/ac joint was bad though.

Worked light shoulders specifically side and rear lateral raises at 25lbs and kept in strict.

Love getting older

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well, of course, up at 4 on both a Saturday and a Sunday. Gotta love the pets.

Still nursing the shoulder issues and was hopeful that the cortisone shot from 3/31 would have had better results. Even with a safety squat bar, it was bad yesterday. Ortho told me that the only other option is to shave my clavicle, which garnered a laugh on my end. No shot, already had 2 operations on that shoulder.

Weight overall was fine, was able to squat off of a low box in excess of 300 without issue. The pressure on the shoulder/ac joint was bad though.

Worked light shoulders specifically side and rear lateral raises at 25lbs and kept in strict.

Love getting older
Yikes man. You taking any joint support products to help ease the pain and discomfort?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yikes man. You taking any joint support products to help ease the pain and discomfort?
Cissus unfortunately hasn't helped, even coupled,with my OT. I am all ears for others recs however..

It's funny, I was able to do a real great lift yesterday even with it. It wasn't too bothersome at all. However, when I woke up it was real bad and had a significant impact on my workout this am.

Yesterday I was able to hit 225 for 10 smooth repos on the incline. This am however, rows/chins and hammer curls had significant discomfort.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kjscatch Supplement Logs 48
Mowglisml Supplement Logs 33
srocco112 Supplements 14
Supplements 30
rowz4broz Supplements 48