Pineapple getting Reborned by CL-WFR Pineapple!!

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Big thanks to Sean and Cl for the chance to try the new Pineapple flavor of Reborn. I've been a bug CL fan and fan of V2. Have only used 1 tub of reborn so far...lemonade flavor.

Currently in the 2nd week of a mini 6 week cut, kind of had a dirty bulk on accident so trying to clean up a bit.
I just recently switch to 5/3/1 so I'll be doing that with a very variations lifting 3-4 times a week.
I'm doing a separate deadlift program that suppose to help improve it and on the last 2 weeks on it and I've made a new PR so far...395 with 405 needed to be hit this week.

I did squat and bench day yesterday before WFR came in so today I'm recovering today and also I've had crappy sleep last night so today has been in a fog.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Just finished my first workout with WFR Pineapple!!!

Press-(Standing Mil Press)
105x3
120x3
135x5

DB Seated SLDR Press
55x9
65x8,7,7,7

BB Row
160x3
185x3
210x5

Kroc Row
95x15

CLose Grip Bench
210x6,5,4,4,4

I've used Reborn before so I'll wait until the final review to go in depth on the performance. But as for the taste and smell, I took a big whiff of the powder when I opened my tub and it smelled like a hard card pineapple nonetheless. And the taste follows as well, nice and sweet with no chemical taste. This is a nice me flavor that would be very refreshing since warmer temperatures are around the corner.

I kind of in the middle of pineapple flavor in general, I like that its a unique flavor for a preworkout.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Has 1 scoop of this refreshing WFR Pineapple and did my deadlift day.

I'm following the Coan-Philips deadlift program and I'm on week 10 where I'm suppose to hit 405 which is the goal weight I was going for.
And.....I DID IT!!! Was a pretty great feeling cause I've been stuck at 385ish on deads for a long time almost 2 years or so. I was starting to get discourage that I haven't been progressing with deads for this long despite using several different programs.

The focus and energy held pretty good with this session but after hitting 405 my focus kind of faded.

Deads
135x4
225x1
245x1
285x1
315x1
335x1
365x1
385x1
405x1 PR!!!

Speed Dead
245x3
245x3

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like how this started! Congrats on the PR, man. I had always been interested in Coans routine.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Im using this now... great stuff!

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
I like how this started! Congrats on the PR, man. I had always been interested in Coans routine.
Very nice to hit a new PR within the first week of using and Coans has been the most effective routine for deads I have used thus far but then again there are a lot of various variables that could have contributed to the strength gain, just got off an Ara stack and also been bulking for 4 months prior.

Im using this now... great stuff!
The wfr? of the program?

Both are great !!!

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Week 3 of 5/3/1

Bench Day

1scoop WFR + Green Mag + Glycergrow (Big Cl fan)

Barbell Bench
190x5
220x3
245x3

Incline BB
135x8
185x6,6,5,6

Incline DB Flyes
45x8
65x7,6,6,6

One Armed Tri Lying Extension?
45x6,6,6 *Each Arm

Close Grip
135x6
155x8
185x6,6,4

Pretty decent workout overall as I felt pretty strong with the heavier bench. The rest of the workout was ok, didn't feel 100% in the intensity department.
Pumps were great as the GG helped with that.

I felt pretty recovered from my deadlift but I also planned my cheat day on deadlift day cause of how heavy I was going and I ate a ton of protein that day maybe 250+. So that probably helped out.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop Wfr + green mag

I was feeling off today and not really up to following the week 3 lifts.
So I opted for a cardio based wo.

30-45 SEC REST BETWEEN SETS.

Squat -135
Super set with
Leg extensions 100 lb

X4

Press-95
Ss
Bb row - 135
Ss
Curl-65

X4

It was simple and effective , just feeling off all day but I'm glad I mustered the energy to at least do something.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nothing wrong with a simple and efficient session. Sometimes that's key.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Had a pretty productive workout today.

This is the last week of my coan program where I max out on deads.

1 Heaping Scoop WFR

Deads
135x4
185x2
225x1
245x1
275x1
285x1
315x1
335x1
365x1
385x1
395x1
410x1 Yet another new PR
415xfail

I also decided to max out on bench which I haven't done in a while

Bench
135x4
185x2
225x1
245x1
255x1
275x1
285x1
295xfail

No new PR here as 285 is my max but I get the feeling that I might have been able to hit a new PR had I not just maxed out on Deads.

Overall I'm very happy with todays session, last week I was pretty nervous about hitting 405 but this time around I felt really confident when I got to that weight. I wish I could have lifted more but I probably start another cycle of the Coan program to hit another new PR.
I was very focused from WFR today regardless .

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Very interested to see further progress when you restart Coan's. I've been running the Cube Method for quite some time.

I appreciate WF for the focus. It's not too"stimmy", which I like for max effort sessions. I hate feeling like my heart will explode lol

Are you going to so a deload at all before starting the program over?

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
I've never really been into deloads at least not a full week. I did that once and didn't really see a difference between week rest and a few days rest.
Today I feel fine for the most part and not overly sore or fatigued. But I also play it by ear, if I'm not feeling up to it then I might take some extra rest days.

I've just recently heard about the cube method and I;ll check that out as well and see whats it all about.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The only thing I change for deloads, are my main movement percentages. I keep them under 70%. All my assistance movements stay the same really. Just food for thought.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Had some greats workouts the past few days....

Monday

1 Heaping scoop WFR+Green Mag

I looked into the Cube method and decided to try it out but I think I'll do the Coan program on deadlift day and do 5/3/1 for press and rows. I hate that some of these programs neglect one or the other or both.

Squat-Heavy @ 80%
310x2,2,2,2,2

Front Squat
155x8,8,8,8,8

One Leg Extension
50x15,15

Leg Extension
120x12,12,12,12

Was really focused which that in turn helped me get out of the hole on squats. Strength was a little off but I still managed to get those reps in.

Tuesday

Bench-Exp
160x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,

Db Incline
65x8,8,7,7

Db Bench
65x8,8,7,7

Db Incline FLyes
65x8,7,6

Decline tri Ext
65x8,8,8

Close Grip
155x4,4,4

Had a killer chest session, one of those days when your body is just ready and primed for a beating. Endurnace and pumps were great!!

I was kind of disappointed the 65lb db seemed a little heavy but it is what it is.

Today

Rest day
My legs are still sore from Monday which is strange as I haven't really felt doms in that area in some time. Same with chest its pretty tender as well.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good sessions man! Interested in the new training. I've been using the Cube basics for a while.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Good sessions man! Interested in the new training. I've been using the Cube basics for a while.
Feel free in chime in with your experience or suggestions....

Thrusday

Coan Deadlift Week 1

Pre
1 Scoop WFr+green mag

Trying to go for 420-425 goal over the ten weeks.

Regular Dead
Deadlift (75%): 1x2 @ 320 lbs
Speed deadlift (60%): 8x3 @ 255 lbs (90 sec rest b/w sets)
3 circuits (rest 90sec between exercises, 2-3 minutes between circuits):
Stiff-leg deadlift: 8 reps---185lb
DB Bent over row: 8 reps--85lb
Underhand (reverse) Pullups: 8 reps
Arched back good morning: 8 reps--185lb

Was feeling pretty sore, from my chest workout which is surprising since I haven;t felt this kind of doms in a while. But then again I've been lacking intensity in the gym. But this past week I was feeling strong and aggressive.

Overall despite feeling sore I was beyond focus and energy was bottomless. Controlled labs never disappoints.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Last 2 Workouts

Press/Pull @ 5/3/1
Week 1

BB Row
150x5, 175x5 200x7

Press
100x5, 115x5, 130x7

Curls
65x10, 85x7,8,8
Db Incline Curl
35x5,5,6
Db Overhead Ext.
75x8,8,8

Felt like a pretty decent session. Was hoping to be strong on my last set of both 5.3.1 but it is what it is.

Cube Week 2
Squat-Exp

230x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Legs Curls
(did single leg curls then full legs supersetted with Back squat @230)x5

Was feeling off this day, just slightly tired and unmotivated despite having a full scoop of WFR. I just wanted to get in and out unfortunately.

Based on how I felt on squat day and how I'm feeling today I got this idea that my sleep patterns might be a factor. But its different from the average sleep problem. I get up at 4am for work 5 days a week and average 6 maybe 7 hours of sleep and its been like that for almost 3 years so my body has gotten accustom to that. No is those 6-7 hours are uninterrupted sleep ( I have an 8 month old baby) I feel just fine throughout the day.

So on the weekends I can sleep in and get 8-10 hours of sleep which I have been these past 2 days so I'm think getting too much is causing me to feel tired, and lethargic. So next weekend I'm going to try an experiment and get up around 5 and see how I feel.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Last 2 Workouts

Press/Pull @ 5/3/1
Week 1

BB Row
150x5, 175x5 200x7

Press
100x5, 115x5, 130x7

Curls
65x10, 85x7,8,8
Db Incline Curl
35x5,5,6
Db Overhead Ext.
75x8,8,8

Felt like a pretty decent session. Was hoping to be strong on my last set of both 5.3.1 but it is what it is.

Cube Week 2
Squat-Exp

230x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Legs Curls
(did single leg curls then full legs supersetted with Back squat @230)x5

Was feeling off this day, just slightly tired and unmotivated despite having a full scoop of WFR. I just wanted to get in and out unfortunately.

Based on how I felt on squat day and how I'm feeling today I got this idea that my sleep patterns might be a factor. But its different from the average sleep problem. I get up at 4am for work 5 days a week and average 6 maybe 7 hours of sleep and its been like that for almost 3 years so my body has gotten accustom to that. No is those 6-7 hours are uninterrupted sleep ( I have an 8 month old baby) I feel just fine throughout the day.

So on the weekends I can sleep in and get 8-10 hours of sleep which I have been these past 2 days so I'm think getting too much is causing me to feel tired, and lethargic. So next weekend I'm going to try an experiment and get up around 5 and see how I feel.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good that your acknowledging your sleep issues. It makes a huge difference.

Good thinking on using 5/3/1 for the barbell rowing, too.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates....
But had an effective chest workout on Tuesday but after that it's been crappy.

I got sort of cold and it kind of feels like strep throat but not as extreme.
Have a sore throat and congestion.

I tried to do my dead lift day but felt weak couldn't breathe between reps so had to call it.
Other than that I did a some curls another day and pull ups another day just cause that's all I felt up to.

Sucks, Wfr or any stims didn't help out. Didn't even feel the caffeine, waste of a serving imo but what can you do in these situations.
Hopefully today I'll feel good enough for legs.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
So feeling better from the start of this week and have been eager to get back to it.

Monday- Squat
Week 3 of cube method

1 SCOOP Wfr
Reps

310x6 ( failed to get 8 reps)

Back squat
205x10,10

Leg extension
90x fail, fail

This was.an alright workout, felt pretty focused and energetic but lacked strength. Also I was rushed do to life stuff coming up.

Today

Bench cube - strength

1 Wfr+ 2 glycergrow

215x2,2,2,2,2

DB INCLINE
75x10
80x6,6,6,6

DB incline flyes
80x3,3
75x5,5,5

Decline tri extension
85x8,7,6,7,6

Close grip bench
165x4,4,4,4

Very solid effort today, only have a lingering effects of my cold.
Wasn't feeling 100% on strength but pretty close like 85-90%

Also finishing up my mini cut this week so back to lean bulking!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ending yet cut will yield some more strength for ya! The first 3 weeks of the Cube are the hardest IMO. Lotsa volume.

How was the WFR+Glycergrow combo?

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Ending yet cut will yield some more strength for ya! The first 3 weeks of the Cube are the hardest IMO. Lotsa volume.

How was the WFR+Glycergrow combo?
+
Yeah I'm looking forward to those strength gains again! WFR+GG is pump city, and if I pick up Cls new white pump I'm sure that stack with be amazing for pumps!

This last week was kind of a hit and miss week for my lifts. From Wednesday-friday when I got off work and wanted to lift I got this weak feeling like I haven't eaten anything even though I ate the same things/amounts as I always do. So I felt too weak to lift and unmotivated...

Finally on Saturday I felt good enough to lift but since I had to skip a few days I put a few of my lifting days together and did the many portions of those lifts.

1 Scoop WFR

Coan Deadlift Program

Week 2
Warm ups
345x2

Speed Deads
275x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3

BB Row 5/3/1

165x3
185x3
205x5

Press 5/3/1
105x3
120x3
135x5

Pretty decent overall, strength was about average but focus and energy was top notch thanks to WFR!!
I'm hoping this week coming up my body will be ready for a beating as I'm back to bulking and ready to get those gains.

Sunday
Recover.........from hanging out with old friends in a different town at the bars.......

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Monday

.75 Wfr+Green Mag

( felt pretty energetic and didn't need a whole scoop)

Squat Cube Week 3

( I found out later today I mixed my routine and did the explosive instead of heavy. SO I'll probably do heavy next squat day)

Back squat exp

Front squat
165x10,8,8,8

Leg Ext
120x15,15,15

It feels like my leg days are short and simple but they still feel effective nonetheless. But it feels like my body is finally working with me and had great endurance.

Today

1 wrf+gg
Bench-exp

DB Incline
65x4
75x4
80x8,7,7,6

DB FLYES
80x3,3
65x7,7,7

Decline tri ext
85x8
95x4,4,4,4

Close grip bench
175x6,6,6,6

Had a really great session, had great endurance once again and felt pretty strong without being fatigued.

I get the feeling I'm going to feel it the next day.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Picking your calories back up? Seems like everything is smooth sailing.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
For sure, been feeling alot more energetic and less fatigued during the day and with my workouts.

Unfortunately work has been keeping me from having an effective workout.

Been having to work longer and its a physically job. I'm sure I could have mustered some sort of session but I wanted to be able to hit the all the exercises I wanted. Sometimes there are things out of your control to have a great workout week.

Will for sure hit. Deads on Saturday.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Quick update for last week.

Had some decent workouts to end the week, but I got held up at work for a couple days and had to work late and ended up coming home too tired to have an effective workout.
But I managed to get my main lifts in to end the week.

Monday

Cube week 5

Squat-Heavy
325x2,2,2
Front Squat
175x10,8,8,8

Leg Ext
135x15,15,15

Back squat finisher
175x15

Tuesday

Cube bench-rep
215x6

Db incline
65x15,13,12,11

Db flye incline
65x8,8,8

Db Tri ext
65x12,13,12

Close grip
155x10,8,8

Had to go a little lighter for my supple lifts as I didn't feel like going heavy.

As for wfr, its been treating me good, just sometimes when I need a little more energy I go a little over a full scoop.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Deads-Coan Week 5

1.25 WFR+Green Mag

Worked up to

385x2

Speed Deads
320x3,3,3,3,3

Circuit
SLDL-185x8
BB Row-185x8
Underhand Pull up-bwx8
GoodMorning-155x8

3 sets of this circuit.

For a while there deads used to take a lot of effort and I was getting discourage at my strength fading with them but ever since I started this program they have been getting easier and back to when I loved doing them.

I was alittle skeptical at doing 385 today as I was feeling a little weary but after a kick in the ass from the WFR it was no problem!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dig it! Seems like the program is well proven.

I like that you're doing his circuit too.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Just finished up my tub of WFR on these last two workouts think I had about 26-28 sessions with it. I did go over a full scoop sometimes so thats probably why it wasn't a full 30 servings.

Saturday 5/3/1

Pull
BB Row
140x5
160x5
185x8

Press
Standing Mil Press
95x5
110x5
125x7

Was still feeling a little worn from deads yesterday so I just stuck with my main lifts.

Sunday
I wanted to add a 5th lift day for some extra exercises like an Olympic lift and a chest exercises to hit it 2x a week and some others that I didn't get to do cause of time. I wanted to add the 5th day 2-3 weeks ago but getting sick and work picking up have prevented me from that until now.

Clean
135x3
155x5,5,5

(wanted to do these as another way to hit traps,back and shoulders all in one)

Preacher Curl
65x10,10,10,10

Db hammer curls
65x6,4,5,5

Concentrated curl
35x10,8,8,8

I tried to dips but my left shoulder was acting up...

Used about a scoop for these session and it provided a decent amount of energy. Could have used more but I was able to work with it.

I'll post a through review ASAP....

Thanks again for letting me try this new flavor!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey brother, I really appreciate your time and dedication with the log and review. I'm glad you liked it. Good luck with the solid lifting. You should start a permanent training log on here sometime.