NattyForLife's Volatile Run

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
First of all, I would like to thank the_swanks and Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity to be able to log this preworkout "Volatile". The preworkout has a great ing. profile with some of the most proven ingredients for endurance, pump and strength. First dose I took today was the max dose(which is 2 scoops). Go Big or go home right? The taste was pretty good(I would give it a 8/10). It mixed perfectly with just a couple shakes of my blender bottle. I did Back and Chest today and srsly the pumps and endurance was out of this world. I noticed the endurance factor mostly; I didn't want to quit lifting. Im currently cutting right now, so my goal is of course fat loss. Im gonna be checking in daily on my workout days and let everybody know how my workout goes with the help of this pre. Again thanks Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity. Any questions on the product; just ask away!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First of all, I would like to thank the_swanks and Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity to be able to log this preworkout "Volatile". The preworkout has a great ing. profile with some of the most proven ingredients for endurance, pump and strength. First dose I took today was the max dose(which is 2 scoops). Go Big or go home right? The taste was pretty good(I would give it a 8/10). It mixed perfectly with just a couple shakes of my blender bottle. I did Back and Chest today and srsly the pumps and endurance was out of this world. I noticed the endurance factor mostly; I didn't want to quit lifting. Im currently cutting right now, so my goal is of course fat loss. Im gonna be checking in daily on my workout days and let everybody know how my workout goes with the help of this pre. Again thanks Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity. Any questions on the product; just ask away!
Off to a great start brotato!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Curious to see how cut you're talking about.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Just a little about me: Age- 20 Years lifted- 5 total(4 of which i had no idea of nutrition so i was fat, 270lbs). Lifted cause of high school football. Current weight- 205 Goal weight- 185

Height- 5'11"

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a little about me: Age- 20 Years lifted- 5 total(4 of which i had no idea of nutrition so i was fat, 270lbs). Lifted cause of high school football. Current weight- 205 Goal weight- 185

Height- 5'11"
Good info dude!! I really started to accelerate my progress when I joined up here. So many good people and great info

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Todays workout: Hammies, heavy trap work, and forearm.

Hamstrings: 3x10-15 seated leg curl
3x10-15 lying leg curl
2x10 SLDL
2x15 standing single leg curl

Smith machine shrugs: 1x16 1x14 1x10
DB shrugs: 1x 20

Wrist curls 1x15
Reverse curl 1x15
Reverse wrist curl 1x15
Farmers walk with DB.

Todays workout was pretty awesome! Volatile gave me plenty of endurance. Cant wait for arm day tomorrow to see the agmatine and citruline malate make my arms explode.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
My log is only gonna last about 2-3 weeks since im takin 2 scoops, but the pumps and endurance are worth it.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

3x10-15 lying leg curl
2x10 SLDL

Wrist curls 1x15
Reverse curl 1x15
Reverse wrist curl 1x15
Farmers walk with DB.

Todays workout was pretty awesome! Volatile gave me plenty of endurance. Cant wait for arm day tomorrow to see the agmatine and citruline malate make my arms explode.
Interesting to give hammies their own day. I have a deadlift only day so I guess that's kind of close

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting to give hammies their own day. I have a deadlift only day so I guess that's kind of close
I normally do the same thing, except last leg workout. Makes a big difference in overall leg developement in my opinion.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Yea ive recently split my leg day into quad dominant day and hamstring dominant(you cant completely isolate them) and ive noticed that my legs just are better. I can put 100% into quads an hammies. Instead of a leg day were most people do quads first and dont have much energy to put work into hammies.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I normally do the same thing, except last leg workout. Makes a big difference in overall leg developement in my opinion.
Yea i think it helps alot. I do back and chest together. Im not doing much chest cause my chest is way out of proportion to my back, so i do like half the sets of chest i do with back. I guess i can think football workout for that.(considering we didnt do much back work since football is a push sport.)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea ive recently split my leg day into quad dominant day and hamstring dominant(you cant completely isolate them) and ive noticed that my legs just are better. I can put 100% into quads an hammies. Instead of a leg day were most people do quads first and dont have much energy to put work into hammies.
That's part of my reason for giving DL its own day. But then, my legs are somewhat overdeveloped

madiskinny

madiskinny

Awards
That's a really interesting idea. I think I might try it!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a really interesting idea. I think I might try it!
Based on your apparent glute goals it would certainly help you progress.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

3x10-15 lying leg curl
2x10 SLDL

Wrist curls 1x15
Reverse curl 1x15
Reverse wrist curl 1x15
Farmers walk with DB.

Decent work natty. What do your weights look like on some of those exercises?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Decent work natty. What do your weights look like on some of those exercises?
Lying leg curl 110lb
Seated leg curl 130lb
SLDL 185lb
Single leg standing curl 40lb

Shrugs worked up to bout 315lb

Farmers walk 80sDB(heaviest db my gym has) yea i know it sucks

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Farmers walk 80sDB(heaviest db my gym has) yea i know it sucks
Work with what you got, right? One thing you can do to make it harder and burn like a MF is take your thumb out of the exercise until you hand is about to give out then add your thumb back to the grip. In other words place your thumb next to your index finger and the go back to a regular grip. This should burn like crazy.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Work with what you got, right? One thing you can do to make it harder and burn like a MF is take your thumb out of the exercise until you hand is about to give out then add your thumb back to the grip. In other words place your thumb next to your index finger and the go back to a regular grip. This should burn like crazy.
Will try. Makes sense.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is how I do pull ups and pull downs

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Todays workout: Bis and Tris, calves and abs. Little cardio.(10 min of elip)

Alt DB curls 2x8-15
DB neutral grip curls 2x8-15
Curl machine 3x8-15
Single arm cable curls 2x20 (really slow and squeezing)

Rope tri ext. 2x8-15
Close grip 1x15 1x10
Cable KB 2x12
Cable bar reverse hand ext 1x15
Db KB 2x15

Leg press calf raise 4x15

Cable crunch 1x15
Oblique twist (body weight) 2x8

Todays workout was epic. I added a 3 extra grams of citruline malate and 2 grams of GMS. Pump was out of this world, and the extra citruline malate aided in my edurance. Ive noticed my vascularity has improved since starting this pre. Quads tomorrow. Gotta love them leg pumps.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Again volatile delivers!!! Great shoulder workout. Me getting leaner and taking volatile, my vascularity has shot through the roof. Its awesome.

DB shoulder press 2x15 1x10
Db side raises 3x15 1xfailure
Rear delt fly machine 3x12
Rope face pulls 2x15

Db shrugs 1x25 1x15

Veins starting to pop on my front delts. Love it.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again volatile delivers!!! Great shoulder workout. Me getting leaner and taking volatile, my vascularity has shot through the roof. Its awesome.

DB shoulder press 2x15 1x10
Db side raises 3x15 1xfailure
Rear delt fly machine 3x12
Rope face pulls 2x15

Db shrugs 1x25 1x15

Veins starting to pop on my front delts. Love it.
Just catching up on all my logs ive been out of town, keep on killing it in here bro!! How are you liking the flavor?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I love the flavor! At first it was a little too sweet but I love it now
It is the best flavor of the preworkouts ive tryed. You have a nice log going so far madi; keep up the good work!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
First off id like to say i have started a new split.
Day1- back, bi, rear delt
Day2- chest, tris, front delt
Day3- hamstrings, forearm, traps, and mid delt
Day4- quads, calves and abs
Day5- rest

Then just keep repeating that.

So todays workout was sort of just pick some random exercises; had a good workout just didnt have a plan ahead of time.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day5- rest

So todays workout was sort of just pick some random exercises; had a good workout just didnt have a plan ahead of time.
I like that SL
split. Ive been just doing 1 group per session and lifting 7-8 sessions per week (one of these is always deadlift only). If I have to do less days at some point I may steal this

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day5- rest

Can I make a slight critique of your proposed split?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day5- rest
I might suggest a few things to help you with recovery and to avoid negative returns in some of your muscle groups.

You have your delts split up by the 3 major heads, but trying to seperate them so precisely is close to impossible. What I would suggest is doing all of your delt work on your trap day or your back day. Your front delts are solidly tied into most chest exercises, and heavily fatiguing them so close together may lead to "overtraining", or lack of proper recovery at least. Your rear delts are greatly involved in trap/back work, but are a higher capacity muscle than the front and lateral heads. They would be able to keep up with a trap workout, and you would actually more likely see developement that way. The other side, literally, is the antagonistic muscle activation. Your chest works to release when you work your back, and vice versa. You'll need to give a recovery day in between, so it should be upper/lower/upper/lower.

Also, when you work your hamstrings your calves see a fair amount of activation, so why not train calves on hammie day? They litterally can recover enough for you to train them 3 or 4 times a week but your tendons and ligaments in your feet and ankles can take a beating, so twice can be very beneficial as well as safe. Plus, when you train quads or hams your glutes usually see a fair amount of work. Same thing as with delts, you'll want to give some recovery time. Based on what looks like preferential bosy parts I propose the following:

Chest / Tris
Quads / Calves / Abs
Back / Bis/ Forearms
Hams / Calves
Traps / Delts
Off

Recovery, progress, and strength/hypertrophy depending on reps, sets, and weights.

Thoughts?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might suggest a few things to help you with recovery and to avoid negative returns in some of your muscle groups.

You have your delts split up by the 3 major heads, but trying to seperate them so precisely is close to impossible. What I would suggest is doing all of your delt work on your trap day or your back day. Your front delts are solidly tied into most chest exercises, and heavily fatiguing them so close together may lead to "overtraining", or lack of proper recovery at least. Your rear delts are greatly involved in trap/back work, but are a higher capacity muscle than the front and lateral heads. They would be able to keep up with a trap workout, and you would actually more likely see developement that way. The other side, literally, is the antagonistic muscle activation. Your chest works to release when you work your back, and vice versa. You'll need to give a recovery day in between, so it should be upper/lower/upper/lower.

Also, when you work your hamstrings your calves see a fair amount of activation, so why not train calves on hammie day? They litterally can recover enough for you to train them 3 or 4 times a week but your tendons and ligaments in your feet and ankles can take a beating, so twice can be very beneficial as well as safe. Plus, when you train quads or hams your glutes usually see a fair amount of work. Same thing as with delts, you'll want to give some recovery time. Based on what looks like preferential bosy parts I propose the following:

Chest / Tris
Quads / Calves / Abs
Back / Bis/ Forearms
Hams / Calves
Traps / Delts
Off

Recovery, progress, and strength/hypertrophy depending on reps, sets, and weights.

Thoughts?
sounds like pretty solid reasoning

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I might suggest a few things to help you with recovery and to avoid negative returns in some of your muscle groups. You have your delts split up by the 3 major heads, but trying to seperate them so precisely is close to impossible. What I would suggest is doing all of your delt work on your trap day or your back day. Your front delts are solidly tied into most chest exercises, and heavily fatiguing them so close together may lead to "overtraining", or lack of proper recovery at least. Your rear delts are greatly involved in trap/back work, but are a higher capacity muscle than the front and lateral heads. They would be able to keep up with a trap workout, and you would actually more likely see developement that way. The other side, literally, is the antagonistic muscle activation. Your chest works to release when you work your back, and vice versa. You'll need to give a recovery day in between, so it should be upper/lower/upper/lower. Also, when you work your hamstrings your calves see a fair amount of activation, so why not train calves on hammie day? They litterally can recover enough for you to train them 3 or 4 times a week but your tendons and ligaments in your feet and ankles can take a beating, so twice can be very beneficial as well as safe. Plus, when you train quads or hams your glutes usually see a fair amount of work. Same thing as with delts, you'll want to give some recovery time. Based on what looks like preferential bosy parts I propose the following: Chest / Tris Quads / Calves / Abs Back / Bis/ Forearms Hams / Calves Traps / Delts Off Recovery, progress, and strength/hypertrophy depending on reps, sets, and weights. Thoughts?
Honestly, recovery is the reason i have them grouped together like that. Cause grouping front delt(DB OHP is what im doing; just 2 sets) and chest together is optimal IMO. Cause think about it this is meant to be a 4 on 1 off, 4 on 1 off, ect. Say i train chest, tris, and front delts on monday, i wont train them 3 muscle groups until saturday(which is plenty of recovery IMO). Same goes with the back and rear delt. Now i do agree with the calves on hammies day because the gastrocnemius does have a slight action in knee flexion. Thats just how i interpret it. Any more thoughts anyone?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, recovery is the reason i have them grouped together like that. Cause grouping front delt(DB OHP is what im doing; just 2 sets) and chest together is optimal IMO. Cause think about it this is meant to be a 4 on 1 off, 4 on 1 off, ect. Say i train chest, tris, and front delts on monday, i wont train them 3 muscle groups until saturday(which is plenty of recovery IMO). Same goes with the back and rear delt. Now i do agree with the calves on hammies day because the gastrocnemius does have a slight action in knee flexion. Thats just how i interpret it. Any more thoughts anyone?
Just remember, your tris are heavily involved in both bench press and OHP. Just make sure one exercise isn't suffering for another because a secondary muscle group gets fatigued. And you're right about the gastroc in flexion, but that and your soleous are activated during RDLs and SLDLs. Utilize that when ever possible.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Just remember, your tris are heavily involved in both bench press and OHP. Just make sure one exercise isn't suffering for another because a secondary muscle group gets fatigued. And you're right about the gastroc in flexion, but that and your soleous are activated during RDLs and SLDLs. Utilize that when ever possible.
Thanks bro. Imma try this split for a while and see how my body reacts, recovery and everything.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good. Keep us posted, I'm interested in your progress.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Today i worked out chest, front delts, and tris.

Chest: DB bench 2x12
DB incline 2x12
Bench press machine 2x12
Cable flies 2x15

Front delt: DB OHP 2x12

Tris: Cable bar ext. 2x12
Skullcrushers 2x12
DB OH ext 2x15
Cable KB 2x15

So far im really liking this new split and volatile! Looking over the ingredients of volatile i found that it has green coffee bean extract in it. That helps me while im cutting, for fat loss. Btw my current weight is 203; my plan is to get to sub 10%. Not sure bodyfat % right now, but i think im gonna be pretty lean when the scale starts saying about 190. :)

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
And i know that tris are really stimulated by BB bench. Truly BB bench isnt really a "chest" exercise. Ive been using DBs lately(my shoulder started acting up a little; think its biceps tendonitis). And DBs take the triceps out of the movement a little.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And i know that tris are really stimulated by BB bench. Truly BB bench isnt really a "chest" exercise. Ive been using DBs lately(my shoulder started acting up a little; think its biceps tendonitis). And DBs take the triceps out of the movement a little.
Yeah, DBs are a good alternative for chest, for both strength and size. For OHP, to make sure you're using as little lateral head add possible keep your head back a touch and a slight arch in your back. Otherwise, if the bar comes over your head and shoulders and you end up "looking through the window" there's more lateral head recruitment. But that workout looks good, nice job.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Yeah, DBs are a good alternative for chest, for both strength and size. For OHP, to make sure you're using as little lateral head add possible keep your head back a touch and a slight arch in your back. Otherwise, if the bar comes over your head and shoulders and you end up "looking through the window" there's more lateral head recruitment. But that workout looks good, nice job.
Thanks bro. You doing great work in your thread you got going. And 8 sets isnt much for chest; ive got about 15 for back. Trying to get my back caught up with my frontside. Worked out for high school football for 4 years and since football is a push sport 80% of the lifts we done were pushing exercises. We didnt do much back work; did some but not much.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For some reason I'm just now seeing this. Thanks so much! Same to you :)
We picked a really outstanding group of loggers this round. You guys all kick ass!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Todays workout was quads, mid delt, and abs.

I love the volatile; it really has a top notch ingredients list.

Leg ext. 2x15
Leg press 3x12,10,8
Squat 3x12,10,8
Leg ext. 2x 12, 8
BB lunges 8 each leg

Db side raises 2x12
DB single arm cable side raise 3x15

Cable crunch 3x15
Oblique crunch 2x15

Overall had a good workout; my strength really has not went down at all since ive been cutting. I started my 7th wk yesterday. Lost about 8 lbs so far; so happy with that.

madiskinny

madiskinny

Awards
Todays workout was quads, mid delt, and abs. I love the volatile; it really has a top notch ingredients list. Leg ext. 2x15 Leg press 3x12,10,8 Squat 3x12,10,8 Leg ext. 2x 12, 8 BB lunges 8 each leg Db side raises 2x12 DB single arm cable side raise 3x15 Cable crunch 3x15 Oblique crunch 2x15 Overall had a good workout; my strength really has not went down at all since ive been cutting. I started my 7th wk yesterday. Lost about 8 lbs so far; so happy with that.
Congrats on the weight loss! Seems like you got a pretty good thing going on over here

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Todays workout was quads, mid delt, and abs.

I love the volatile; it really has a top notch ingredients list.

Leg ext. 2x15
Leg press 3x12,10,8
Squat 3x12,10,8
Leg ext. 2x 12, 8
BB lunges 8 each leg

Db side raises 2x12
DB single arm cable side raise 3x15

Cable crunch 3x15
Oblique crunch 2x15

Overall had a good workout; my strength really has not went down at all since ive been cutting. I started my 7th wk yesterday. Lost about 8 lbs so far; so happy with that.
Damn nice results!!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Well i can start to see the bottom of the jug of volatile since ive been taking 2 scoops at a time!:(

Todays workout was back, biceps, and rear delts.

Lat pulldown 3x12
Lat pulldown with twin pulley 4x12
Cable row 3x12
Hammer strength low row 3x12
Hammer strength high row 3x12
Back hyperext. 2x15

DB hammer curls 2x12
DB alt. curl 2x12
Concentration curl 2x12
Curl machine 2x12

Cable rear delt flys 2x12