1ifeblood gets lean with Compound 20 + OxyElite PRO

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's that time of year again! My bulk has been fun...I've gained some decent LBM as well as some not-so-LBM, and now we need to get this body worthy for the Beach come this summer time. I'm only looking to lose 1-2lbs a week to keep as much muscle as I can so 6 months should be plenty of time to get me there. I have a regimen lined up to get me through the next 4 months, starting with this killer fat-burning stack by USPLabs. Thanks to the team for awarding me these supplements for winning one of their contests! I felt it was only appropriate that I log how the stack works for me...plus I just like doing logs, it keeps me honest!

Stats
Height: 5'11
Weight: 198 lbs (Goal: 175 lbs)
BF%: ~16% (Goal: 10%)

Measurements
Waist: 36.5
Chest: 43
Arms: 15.75
Forearms: 13.25
Shoulders: 49.5
Hips: 41.25
Thigh: 25.25
Calves: 16.25

Diet (carb cycling)
Calories: 2500
Protein: 300
Carbs: 135
Fats: 75
*Non-WO days will have a decrease in Carbs with an increase in Fats but Calories will stay about the same
**Sundays will be a refeed day

Workout: Wendler's 5/3/1 (M, W, Th, Fr)
*Heavy weights to maintain muscle mass while in a caloric deficit
**Cardio will be adjusted to manipulate caloric expenditure as body recomps while keeping caloric intake the same

Day 1 - Monday

Took 1 pill OxyElite in the AM on an empty stomach followed by 1 pill 5 hours later. About 30 mins after my first dose I felt the sweats come on and mood was elevated. I have to point out that I tend to be "moody" in the winter time but I felt great all day! 2 pills of Compound 20 was taken about an hour after I dosed the OEP since it's supposed to be taken with food and I didn't want to eat too close to taking the the OEP. 2 more pills of C20 were taken an hour after I dosed the second OEP. This will most likely be the way I take the two throughout this log. Normally today would've been a W/O day but this great midwest weather kept me indoors.

Day 2 - Tuesday (Off)

Supps were dosed the same as Monday.

Day 3 - Wednesday

Woke up at 5am and took my PrWO supp. It's pretty stim-heavy so I waited until after my workout to dose it. Again, I have been feeling pretty awesome! I talk to a lot of people at my job which involves selling/debating and I can tell how much more positive I am. Tomorrow I'm going to take OEP 30 mins PrWO and see what the effects are.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aw She-it... It's already a party! Welcome fellas!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Third!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4th, I guess. I'm in!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No but he sure knows how to get you going!!!!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I already feel uncomfortable. Definitely a 1ifeblood log...

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was Bench Press day which consisted of:

Bench Press
145x5
170x5
190x9

Incline DB Press (60s rest)
40x15
50x15
50x9
40x9
40x8

Seated Iso-row (60s rest)
90x15
90x12
90x12
90x12
90x10

Cable Triceps Pushdowns (60s rest)
80x15
100x12
100x12
100x12

I took a full dose (2 pills) of OxyELITE about 30 mins pre WO. The stim effect wasn't as intense as I'm used too but I'm also very stim-tolerant. The workout went well and I had plenty of energy to get through the exercises but my intensity wasn't as, well, intense. I think a lot of people could use this as a PrWO but I'm gonna need something a bit more specific. My mood still remains elevated as I've been able to notice during a little spat my wife and I had. Normally I would've got defensive and told her why she was being ridiculous, but I felt more "understanding" and was able to just talk to her about it on that level. I will mention that I felt pretty wiped after my workout, like I could've gone back to sleep (of course, I was also running on 5 hours of sleep), and that never happens when I take a committed PrWO supp. So from now on I'll be taking my PrWO 30 mins before I go to the gym and take the OEP afterwards.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I already feel uncomfortable. Definitely a 1ifeblood log...
Nothing for you to worry about Classy, you are female so you are safe in a 1ifeblood log! ;)

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for model good looks.
Hey, there she is! Thanks for braving yet another thread of mine, Goki! :) I do have a couple old modeling pics that I have yet to share. Maybe I'll throw some up in here. ;-)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a little late, but subbed!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What version of OxyELITE Pro® is this? New Formula or Advanced Formula?

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What version of OxyELITE Pro® is this? New Formula or Advanced Formula?
Oh I didn't realize there were different kinds. I have AF

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For the USP Labs reps, Is there any benefit to using Compound 20 on a low carb diet? Seems most of what I see commented on for this stuff it the GDA abilities of this can someone fill me in if there is a good way to use this when low carb or does it really matter?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the USP Labs reps, Is there any benefit to using Compound 20 on a low carb diet? Seems most of what I see commented on for this stuff it the GDA abilities of this can someone fill me in if there is a good way to use this when low carb or does it really matter?
Absolutely. Compound 20® can be beneficial with high carb, low carb, or no carb diets. I actually ran it on a keto diet with solid results. Most people use it when trying to lean out or keep added weight lean. Some users experience a mild stomach discomfort when taking it on an empty stomach; however, many are fine taking it away from food or in a completely fasted state. I personally use it before fasted training without any issues. Regardless of your carb intake, I'd recommend dosing 2 caps in the morning and 2 caps 6-8 hours later (1 serving preferably 30-60 minutes pre-workout). Let me know if you have any other questions.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
U gonna like compound 20, especially stacked with a thermo. I have used compound 20 numerous times during a cut.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Damn iPhone sent without finishing!! Anyways it does give you hardness to your physique and it gave me some strength increase. It was all on low carbs.

Oh yeah... I'm in! :)

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely. Compound 20® can be beneficial with high carb, low carb, or no carb diets. I actually ran it on a keto diet with solid results. Most people use it when trying to lean out or keep added weight lean. Some users experience a mild stomach discomfort when taking it on an empty stomach; however, many are fine taking it away from food or in a completely fasted state. I personally use it before fasted training without any issues. Regardless of your carb intake, I'd recommend dosing 2 caps in the morning and 2 caps 6-8 hours later (1 serving preferably 30-60 minutes pre-workout). Let me know if you have any other questions.
Exactly as Breezy said. It is very versatile. :) If you go hypoglycemic easily (probably not considering the low carb diet) I might be cautious with it at first, but otherwise you should be just fine.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Exactly as Breezy said. It is very versatile. :) If you go hypoglycemic easily (probably not considering the low carb diet) I might be cautious with it at first, but otherwise you should be just fine.
I've been doing the anabolic diet for about a month now and i love it. I know that's a little off the wall bit we were talking about carb cycling type diets so i thought id interject! But anyway im like slot of the products and formulas that y'all have out right now. I've been meaning to do a log but it's just so much easier to follow somebody and studly and MANdsome as 1ifeblood ;)

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been doing the anabolic diet for about a month now and i love it. I know that's a little off the wall bit we were talking about carb cycling type diets so i thought id interject! But anyway im like slot of the products and formulas that y'all have out right now. I've been meaning to do a log but it's just so much easier to follow somebody and studly and MANdsome as 1ifeblood ;)
You sure know how to boost a guys ego. ;-)

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey now, there is room for everyone to have their own log. I'd follow. :)

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Hey now, there is room for everyone to have their own log. I'd follow. :)
Awweee well thank you! I seriously just cant commit to it right noe. Ive got some pretty serious buisness ventures that are coming to fruit so thats where my focus is. Obviously thats third on the list behind my wife amd the new baby boy on the way, my training, and then its work. Its just relaxing and fun to follow and make funny comments then to be responsible for my own

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit squats day on Monday which involved some core work. DB side bends totally put me out of commission for my workout this morning. So F-ing sore! I also felt like I could've slept 12 hours. Tomorrow is a new day however and I'll be doing Bench day along with some shoulder work.

Weighed in yesterday morning at 197.8. Took some measurements as well so I have a basis to work from. I'll add them to my original post some time today.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, let us know when you update it curious to see , oh yeah didn't you take some measurements before your cycle too? I would be curious to see the comparisons there.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I hit squats day on Monday which involved some core work. DB side bends totally put me out of commission for my workout this morning. So F-ing sore! I also felt like I could've slept 12 hours. Tomorrow is a new day however and I'll be doing Bench day along with some shoulder work.

Weighed in yesterday morning at 197.8. Took some measurements as well so I have a basis to work from. I'll add them to my original post some time today.
You working on some big ol obliques and serratus musckles??

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, let us know when you update it curious to see , oh yeah didn't you take some measurements before your cycle too? I would be curious to see the comparisons there.
Yep, I'll probably post those on my cycle thread.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You working on some big ol obliques and serratus musckles??
Not really wanting to make them bigger, just stronger really.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Measurements posted.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some respectable numbers are the arms relaxed or flexed?

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since I missed Bench day yesterday, I kinda worked both Bench and Military Press into today. The first 2 sets of my main exercise are controlled and focused, making sure to contract the core muscle being worked. And the last set is repped out to 1 rep from failure (maybe 2). Since I was working 2 days into one, instead of trying to get all exercises in, I just hit one assisting exercise at 5x10-12 for each main exercise. Definitely felt strong today!

Bench Press
145x5
170x5
190x9

Incline DB Hammer Press (60s rest)
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x7
40x8

Standing Military Press
70x5
80x5
90x9

Seated DB Lat Raise (60s rest)
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x12 (swung body a little more to get a couple more reps)

Cable Rev-Grip Tricep PDs (tempo 3-2-3)
120x12
120x12
120x10
*The pause was done when hands were in the middle of the motion, elbow at 90 degrees

Cardio (Treadmill)
Walk - 5 min
Jog - 4 min
Sprint - 1 min
Walk - 5 min
Jog - 5 min
* I'll get to the point where I'm doing Walk/Jog/Sprint x3 over a 30 min stretch. Although I was about to puke (seriously) at the end of my routine, it felt great to get the heartrate up!

Diet is starting to get more dialed in as well. I admit I haven't been real strict on what I'm eating since I just came off a bulk, but I am hitting my calories at maintenance. It's just a matter of getting my macros dialed in and ramping up the cardio. I still bet I'll have dropped some weight come Sunday.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work good to see you are back in the game both mentally and physically!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Snapped a couple quick pics this morning. Got some work to do but I'm down another pound @ 197.

2014-01-18 11.20.11_resized.jpg

2014-01-18 11.20.39_resized.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice to be making progress again eh!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice going on the cut so far. The pounds are dropping!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice going on the cut so far. The pounds are dropping!
Slow and steady...I just hope I keep the muscle I gained.

Nice to be making progress again eh!
Yessir! I've definitely seem a change in my overall state of mind now that I'm set to getting back into shape again. It just feels good to know I'm going in the right direction.