HBull XGels Log

HBull

Awards
Hey Guys
I am starting this log on XGels. I plan on bulking on it. I will take 4 tabs a day, preworkout along with LCarn. I will only be taking it on workout days; every other day.

My stats are currently:

- 5'8''
-140 lbs
-3200 cals give or take (60+/- carbs, 20 protein, 20 fats)
- Running AllPros Beginner Routine
- Current Maxes:
Squat: 155x5
Bench: 140x5
Rows: 135x4
Overhead Press: 85x6
Curls: 70x5
CloseGrip: 115x6-7

Also using Creatine (3 gms a day) and LCarn
I hope this product can help me gain some muscle, as many have noted. I have heard great things and hope SNS comes through for me like they have for others.
I will post before pics tomorrow as my computer is lagging a little ATM.
Thanks, and hope you follow me on this quest!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If possible, grab some GMS.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GMS = Glycerol Monostearate.

Many have ran ArA solo and with GMS and notice quite a difference if they don't run GMS. Main reason for running along side ArA is, GMS helps emulsify ArA.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

HBull

Awards
Today's workout was alright. Didn't get enough sleep, but got all my reps in, which is what really counts. XGels gave a nice pump also, which I like a lot ;) LCarn also seems to be energizing me. Can't wait till this XGels really start kicking in. Only problem so far is a bit of an aftertaste. Anyone experience this with XGels? Thanks!

HBull

Awards
Also, I'm upping calories a bit, as weight gain has stopped.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's workout was alright. Didn't get enough sleep, but got all my reps in, which is what really counts. XGels gave a nice pump also, which I like a lot ;) LCarn also seems to be energizing me. Can't wait till this XGels really start kicking in. Only problem so far is a bit of an aftertaste. Anyone experience this with XGels? Thanks!
I ve never experienced an "aftertaste" with x gels

HBull

Awards
I think it's the LCarn. I may have to take it earlier than 30-40 mins PWO

HBull

Awards
Did an arm day today. Also included some trap and ab work. It was a good day and the pump from the XGels is pretty evident! Looking good so far! Also, upping calories to 3400 on workout days and 3150 on off days

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GMS can help, I always just take ALCAR with my X Gels and it works fine. Great thing about ArA is it works from dose 1. And after a run you'll realize your body comp has had some nice change if diet and training is on point. But lawd, THE PUMPS. I wouldn't lower your non training day nutrition as you need those days for recovery. You grow after your workout and you're really only taking away nutrients that the body can use to build muscle. Just something to think about.

HBull

Awards
Ya. I used to be taking in 3250 on workout days and 3100 on on ddays so I increased a bit

HBull

Awards
I don't feel any DOMS, could it be because I take it everyother day? Also, is dark chocolate a safe fat to eat while on XGels? I know fish/fishoil isn't because of Omega 3s but are Omega 6s okay? Thanks ;)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't feel any DOMS, could it be because I take it everyother day? Also, is dark chocolate a safe fat to eat while on XGels? I know fish/fishoil isn't because of Omega 3s but are Omega 6s okay? Thanks ;)
DOMS aren't an indicator it's working. Some people get crazy DOMS and others hardly get any. DOMS will kick in around week 2ish.

Dark chocolate is fine.

HBull

Awards
DOMS aren't an indicator it's working. Some people get crazy DOMS and others hardly get any. DOMS will kick in around week 2ish.

Dark chocolate is fine.
Ok. Does the pump increase too? Thanks for your replies. Just 1 more question: is it beneficial to increase omega6 while using ArA? Or is it worst?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. Does the pump increase too? Thanks for your replies. Just 1 more question: is it beneficial to increase omega6 while using ArA? Or is it worst?
Pump should increase along the way.

No need to increase omega6 intake either.

HBull

Awards
The thing is: I used to eat a lot of fish, so now I am eating more meat and almonds and dark chocolate for fays which have a lot of omega6.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The thing is: I used to eat a lot of fish, so now I am eating more meat and almonds and dark chocolate for fays which have a lot of omega6.
You'll be fine.

HBull

Awards
Also wondering if anyone has ever done 2 days and if so, what was the volume/rep scheme. I want to do full body in the morning and choose a muscle to work at night.

HBull

Awards
For example: Day 1: Do my full body (8-12 reps) but go heavier on chest/back (5 reps), then come back later and do lighter weight (8-12 reps)
Day 2 Rest
Day 3: Do same thing but with legs/shoulders

Good idea? It seems to me like this would be good for strength and size. I would also get a lot of food in before going back

HBull

Awards
Today was good! GOing back for back/chest later. I benched 145 for 5! Rowed 130 for 5 too!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't find that idea to be good at all, unless you're on high doses of anabolics and even then, I think it will ultimately produce worse results than if you had stayed with a traditional split.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm responding to this: For example: Day 1: Do my full body (8-12 reps) but go heavier on chest/back (5 reps), then come back later and do lighter weight (8-12 reps)

That is not a good idea for your situation.

HBull

Awards
Is there any way to do 2 a days? I love being in the gym,but only have 3 to 4 days a week

HBull

Awards
Today was good. Did A full body and a few lighter sets of abs/legs/shoulders pm. XGels DOMS is kicking in, along with slight knee pain. Not too bad though and loving XGels so far! Thanks SNS

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only time I would recommend 2-a-days is if it's cardio one session and then lifting for the second session. I don't even find going 2x a day worthwhile if a user is on massive amounts of anabolics.

HBull

Awards
Today was awesome. PRed at 155 on bench (weighing 142). I was a little humbled seeing people lifting 315 for reps though, haha! I still don't feel DOMS, but feel a tiny bit of knee pain still.

HBull

Awards
Yesterday was good. Knee pain is still there, but its bearable. PRed on squats at 160x6! Only 60lbs from by 225 goal. Also, PRed at 90x5 on OverHead Press. Thesse XGels are working better than I thought ;) . I also increased cals by 250 a day. Weighing in at 142.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Setting PRs already?! Wait till it really kicks in.

HBull

Awards
Is it okay to supplement XGELS with lamb liver for added ArA? I've read that 3 oz had like 1.6 grams. If it's Ok, should I do so pre or post workout?

HBull

Awards
Today was amazing. Switched to a Push Pull Legs as of today and it was really nice. Today was push and I am running Coolcicada PPL. Has anyone ever run it? Anyways,back in the gym tomorrow for pull!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it okay to supplement XGELS with lamb liver for added ArA? I've read that 3 oz had like 1.6 grams. If it's Ok, should I do so pre or post workout?
I really don't know anything about lamb liver, but if you want to up the dose of ArA that's up to you. A higher dose may produce more benefit, but most likely will also come with more DOMS.

HBull

Awards
I'm not getting any DOMS to speak of. So I think I will stick with 4 caps XGELS and lamb liver.

HBull

Awards
Today was my first Pull Day. I love hitting back hard! Also threw in face pulls. Taking 4 XGels a day now, 6 days on, 1 off. Let's see where this takes me; I like it so far!

HBull

Awards
Today was ok. I was a little tight and sore, but I did ok. Seeing the vascularity and DOMS though, which is good.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was ok. I was a little tight and sore, but I did ok. Seeing the vascularity and DOMS though, which is good.
Noticing any differences in body composition?

HBull

Awards
Ya. I feel bigger lol. Can't stop flexing in the mirror haha. Don't think I lost fat since I have been eating 6-700 cals over (because of light cardio) at 3650 cals/day.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya. I feel bigger lol. Can't stop flexing in the mirror haha. Don't think I lost fat since I have been eating 6-700 cals over (because of light cardio) at 3650 cals/day.
I wouldn't even worry about losing fat if trying to gain mass.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

HBull

Awards
Haha, the funny part is I was always the fat, unathletic kid ;)

HBull

Awards
Today was Push. Didn't feel so hot since I pulled my lat yesterday, but it was ok. Did flat bench, overhead press, incline, shrugs, lateral raises, closegrip bench and sone rope pushdowns. Also threw in so machine stuff and dips for burnout. Hitting Pull and Legs tomorrow, along with some cardio, in anticipation for Thanksgiving dinner!