Pump Igniter... My first sponsored log courtesy of TSN

BigHoop65

Awards
I'll start off by thanking Top Secret Nutrition for seeing fit to select me as a worthy candidate to try out a trial size Pump Igniter. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to make this intial post yesterday (day 1). So I'll just be posting back to back for days 1 and 2. Each day's log will obviously break down my workout log as well as everything relevant to taking Pump Igniter. Now without further ado...

Woke up at 5 am for a 6:15 workout. Given my current schedule, a workout in a fasted state is the only option. Took a single serving of Pump Igniter w/ two capsules of Astravar 2.0

Bar bench press 2x10 135lbs, 3x5 205lbs
Reverse grip bench press 3x10 115lbs
Dips 3x10lbs

Close grip bench press 3x5 135lbs
Overhead Tricep extension (cable rope) 3x10 90lbs
Tricep pushdown 1x10 135lbs, 2x10 150lbs

Initial thoughts
It does take a half hour on the dot to kick in, especially when far enough removed from a meal. So far, I'm not really digging the raspberry flavor. It just doesn't hit the tongue right. It's like there's a missing tart to the flavor. I felt every last bit of the caffeine in it. I won't be going up to two scoops... I draw the line at 500mg. For sure I felt energized and got through a serious workout. I wish I could see these effects during my early afternoon sweet spot, after having a friggin meal. Combined with the Astravar did quite a bit for my vascularity before being fasted limited the remainder.

BigHoop65

Awards
10/1
Back Squat 1x10 bar only, 1x10 135lbs, 3x5 225lbs
Front Squat 3x10 135lbs
Hack Squat 3x15 machine only
Deadlift 2x10 135lbs
Standing Calf Raise 3x20 180lbs (can't gauge the resistance of the machine w/o loaded weight)

Noticeable difference in the stim effects this morning. I was able to have a killer workout and then level off post-workout. Day 1 I was still up on stim for a few hours following my workout. Maybe the four days off had a bit to do with it. Taking a casein before bed to see if that will help the pump and vascularity in the AM.

BigHoop65

Awards
10/2

Bent over rows 2x10 machine only (warmup), 3x5 90lbs
Pullups 1x10
Lat Pulldowns 3x10 145lbs
Bent over low rows 3x10 70lbs

Basketball shooting drills 15 mins

Felt more in control of things this morning. Felt a better mind-muscle connection and just energized to hit this back workout hard and efficiently. I am a bit embarrassed to admit that this is the extent of my ability to do pullups. But since I'm 6'4" it's a clear weak point and I will get better about it.

One thing I'm beginning to notice is that even though there's a serious caffeine content going on with Pump Igniter, it's not a jittery stim feeling. TSN seems to be good about designing their stim-based products to not induce jitters. Oh and figured out what the problem was with the taste... Stick to 8oz of water. Although that doesn't necessarily make it taste great to me, I can definitely tolerate the bitterness vs mixing with 10-12oz of water.

BigHoop65

Awards
10/3
Got a full night's sleep and a solid breakfast. Time to see what's really up...

Deadlifts (specialized machine) - 1x10 no weight, 2x10 90lbs, 1x8 180lbs, 4x5 270lbs
Stiff-legged deadlifts - 3x10 145lbs
Seated leg curls - 1x12 80lbs, 2x12 90lbs
Seated calf raise - 1x15 90lbs, 2x15 125lbs
Standing Calf Raise - 3x20 180lbs

This is more like it. Killed my favorite workout the week. Gave me the opportunity to touch on how different the HydroCarn formula takes effect. The typical beta alanine tingle isn't the same here. It feels like there's a more serious level of absorption here, whereas the typical paresthesia tingle says that it's more than your body can absorb at once.

BigHoop65

Awards
So my last workout of the week was pretty much derailed. I woke up with a ridiculously pinched nerve in my neck... So shoulders are out for this morning. But I'm too stubborn to do nothing and got biceps in between foam rolling and stretching.

I won't feature the workout log since it feels downright pointless.

However, a workout means I still took my serving of Pump Igniter. Worked consistently well. Hate to have a lackluster final day of my first log. Now it's time for my official review.

BigHoop65

Awards
Formula 7/10
Nice profile. New beta alanine compound meant for better absorption and buffering. Good and plenty amounts of caffeine stim. Ingredients widely found in up-to-date NO supplements, though only in smaller doses. The usual muscle endurance and mental boost formulas. They had something for everything a person needs out of an effective, creatine-free pre-workout; yet just what Cardio Igniter was missing.

Mixability 9/10
Mixes in very easily with cold water without any considerable settling.

Taste 6/10
I'm just not a big fan of the Red Raspberry. It doesn't agree with my tastes. But it's kinda like watermelon where it might agree with others tastes. I seriously love the fruit punch flavor Cardio Igniter and that's the standard of comparison I have for TSN. To get the best of any flavor for Pump Igniter, I strongly recommend mixing with just the minimum 8oz of water.

Effectiveness 8/10
The first two workouts I struggled to feel more than the stim, but there's no denying that Pump Igniter does exactly what the profile is built for. Gets you going for a workout without taking you too high then gives you what you need to do maximum damage without breakdown.

Overall 8/10
Pump Igniter doesn't necessarily do one blaring thing great, but that's not a knock on it. It certainly does the trick though. It's better when used with one or two capsules of Astravar.

This is one of those pre-workouts where you really should assess your tolerance. I'm no stranger to pre-workouts and this one snuck up on me the first day. All in all, very much a good pre-workout and worth its price. More so worth it if you're a consumer of Top Secret Nutrition product.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Formula 7/10
Nice profile. New beta alanine compound meant for better absorption and buffering. Good and plenty amounts of caffeine stim. Ingredients widely found in up-to-date NO supplements, though only in smaller doses. The usual muscle endurance and mental boost formulas. They had something for everything a person needs out of an effective, creatine-free pre-workout; yet just what Cardio Igniter was missing.

Mixability 9/10
Mixes in very easily with cold water without any considerable settling.

Taste 6/10
I'm just not a big fan of the Red Raspberry. It doesn't agree with my tastes. But it's kinda like watermelon where it might agree with others tastes. I seriously love the fruit punch flavor Cardio Igniter and that's the standard of comparison I have for TSN. To get the best of any flavor for Pump Igniter, I strongly recommend mixing with just the minimum 8oz of water.

Effectiveness 8/10
The first two workouts I struggled to feel more than the stim, but there's no denying that Pump Igniter does exactly what the profile is built for. Gets you going for a workout without taking you too high then gives you what you need to do maximum damage without breakdown.

Overall 8/10
Pump Igniter doesn't necessarily do one blaring thing great, but that's not a knock on it. It certainly does the trick though. It's better when used with one or two capsules of Astravar.

This is one of those pre-workouts where you really should assess your tolerance. I'm no stranger to pre-workouts and this one snuck up on me the first day. All in all, very much a good pre-workout and worth its price. More so worth it if you're a consumer of Top Secret Nutrition product.
i tried pump igniter/cardio igniter together, unfortunately the flavors were not compatible and tasted awful, imo.....BUT combined together the ings meshed pretty well. together at 1 scoop each it was better than 2 scoops of either, imo...if top secret ever bundles these 2 as a stack at a significant savings might be a wothwhile investment, imo.

i think you nailed this review bighoop, if this is your 1st then congrats on a fine job!!!

BigHoop65

Awards
i tried pump igniter/cardio igniter together, unfortunately the flavors were not compatible and tasted awful, imo.....BUT combined together the ings meshed pretty well. together at 1 scoop each it was better than 2 scoops of either, imo...if top secret ever bundles these 2 as a stack at a significant savings might be a wothwhile investment, imo.

i think you nailed this review bighoop, if this is your 1st then congrats on a fine job!!!
Much appreciated... There are combo deals floating around right now for that. Maybe I'll try that with some cardio igniter samples since I'm out of the months of cardio igniter I originally had. Thanks again for the props. I felt like I was long overdue for my first sponsored log. Hopefully there will be more to come.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Much appreciated... There are combo deals floating around right now for that. Maybe I'll try that with some cardio igniter samples since I'm out of the months of cardio igniter I originally had. Thanks again for the props. I felt like I was long overdue for my first sponsored log. Hopefully there will be more to come.
get that post count up, that along with this nice review will really improve your chances for sponsored logs, imo!!!