The name is Dalton - Pure PF3's bigger - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

The name is Dalton - Pure PF3's bigger

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Good workout today. Went heavy. I knew I could get all the weights up and get all the lifts in, but a small part of me wondered if I could see it through. I'll chalk that up to knowing I could and to amaze myself by doing as much. Well, it all happened. By switching everything up, I'm able to lift more, lift heavier, get better rest and prep my body for the next workout.

Routine:

Deadlifts:
    After five warm-up sets:
    Set #1: 4x255lbs
    Set #2: 5x230lbs

I felt every single muscle working on these today. Back feels worked out and tired, but the good kind of tired, like when you put in an honest day's work...of good manual labor. (I have a desk job, so can't get it that way. HAHA!) That last rep on that final set was murder. I don't like to drop the weights like you see most folk do (mainly since I workout in my upstairs apartment and need to be mindful) but also, I can get full advantage of the negative, which is where it all came together. Got it done!

Weighted Chin-ups:
    Set #1: 3x55lbs
    Set #2: 5x30lbs
    Set #3: 12xbodyweight

I had aimed for four reps on that first set and I did a partial, but since I didn't get my chin above the bar, that rep doesn't count. I did hold that partial as long as I could. Nailed it on the next set. On the final set, got to 10, had to rest-pause, then knocked out the final two without fail. Man, hurt like hell, but the good kind of hurt, the kind where you know you pushed your body hard, but all in a sound, quality way.

My arms still look swoll 2.5 hours later!

Bent-Over Rows:
    After two warm-up sets:
    3 sets @ 5 reps @ 110lbs.

Had to lower the weight from last week as I did not get in a good stretch in the lats. Got all the reps in cleanly and will try to add another 5lbs next week.

Today, I mixed 1 scoop of Conquer, 1 scoop Jack3d micro, 8g GMS, 2 scoops of fermented leucine and took 3 PR-XT's about 30 minutes to working out. That leucine man, what a punk! HAHA. It's like a cat--doesn't like getting wet. I would only recommend this for shakes. I know I'd said I do as much, but felt like toying around with the pre-workout cocktail.

I took 2 scoops of PF3, 1 scoop GMS and 10g creatine for my intra-cocktail. Not sure if adding any of that did anything significant, however, like I stated above, the biceps from the chins are still popping. Again, this was done mainly to experiment and have fun with it all.

Still unsure about PF3. Not really sure what I should be experiencing. It can be frustrating since this stuff clumps up the way it does, but since that doesn't harm its efficacy, then it all just boils down to being an inconvenient nuisance. Although, it is damn tasty!

Maybe another two more weeks and I should see some benefits. Again, jury is still out, but, I'm having fun and getting stronger.

Thanks!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Are you looking anymore leaner or more defined?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Are you looking anymore leaner or more defined?
    Not seeing any difference so far.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post

Not seeing any difference so far.
    Just curious cause that and recovery seem to be popular
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I've been reading that. I think I'll play around with adding a scoop pre-workout and then still have my 2 intra. Glad you guys gave me two tubs to experiment with dosages.

That's the great thing about all of this: dialing it in and seeing what works and what's convenient.

Thanks!
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

GMS will blow you up in the gym for sure. Painfully so.
    BOARD TYRANT
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Today was chest day and I added in some biceps curls and some wrist rollers as I'm not too fond of my forearms. Calves, neither, but I'll get to those on Friday.

Not noticing much in terms of leanness. Perhaps some in recovery. I was not as sore on Tuesday after some heavy deads as I thought I'd be. Aside from that, everything's going along just fine.

Routine:

Bench Press:
    After 7 warmup sets:
    Set #1: 4x210 (personal best)
    Set #2: 8x185
    Set #3: 8x170

As I checked my log, I had to re-read it to make sure I counted my warmup sets correctly. HAHA! But, better to warm up with more sets than to under dose them and risk injury. My goal was for 5 reps on that first set and I did a rest-pause after four, but that fifth just wasn't having it. Still, proud I was able to add 5lbs to the bar this week. I should be able to get that 5th rep in next week. Got the weight up on the other two sets, and missed the target reps on the final set. No matter. All about progression in one form or another.

Dips:
    Set #1: 6x70
    Set #2: 9x50
    Set #3: 11x30

Knocked the first set out of the park and missed my target reps by one on each of the last two sets. No matter, as I increased the weights from last week.

EZ Barbell Curls:
    2x12x60.

Had not curled in some time. Been solely building the biceps off the weighted dips. Arms were crushed after the second set. Did a rest-pause after 10 on the final set, but knocked out the final two reps. I did about half of them with palms open, which just burned the stupid out of the biceps. Felt good!

Wrist Rollers: 90 seconds

Did these as I was listening to Rocky IV soundtrack, that instrumental part that plays as he's outrunning the KGB en route to the mountaintop to exclaim "Drago" three times. Forearms were pulsating!

All around, solid workout. Felt refreshed afterwards. Triceps still full. I wish my chest would maintain its pump from before. Soon enough, soon enough.

Thanks.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    GMS will blow you up in the gym for sure. Painfully so.
    Have yet to try this
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Today was chest day and I added in some biceps curls and some wrist rollers as I'm not too fond of my forearms. Calves, neither, but I'll get to those on Friday.

Not noticing much in terms of leanness. Perhaps some in recovery. I was not as sore on Tuesday after some heavy deads as I thought I'd be. Aside from that, everything's going along just fine.

Routine:

Bench Press:
    After 7 warmup sets:
    Set #1: 4x210 (personal best)
    Set #2: 8x185

As I checked my log, I had to re-read it to make sure I counted my warmup sets correctly. HAHA! But, better to warm up with more sets than to under dose them and risk injury. My goal was for 5 reps on that first set and I did a rest-pause after four, but that fifth just wasn't having it. Still, proud I was able to add 5lbs to the bar this week. I should be able to get that 5th rep in next week. Got the weight up on the other two sets, and missed the target reps on the final set. No matter. All about progression in one form or another.

Dips:
    Set #1: 6x70
    Set #2: 9x50
    Set #3: 11x30

Knocked the first set out of the park and missed my target reps by one on each of the last two sets. No matter, as I increased the weights from last week.

EZ Barbell Curls:
    2x12x60.

Had not curled in some time. Been solely building the biceps off the weighted dips. Arms were crushed after the second set. Did a rest-pause after 10 on the final set, but knocked out the final two reps. I did about half of them with palms open, which just burned the stupid out of the biceps. Felt good!

Wrist Rollers: 90 seconds

Did these as I was listening to Rocky IV soundtrack, that instrumental part that plays as he's outrunning the KGB en route to the mountaintop to exclaim "Drago" three times. Forearms were pulsating!

All around, solid workout. Felt refreshed afterwards. Triceps still full. I wish my chest would maintain its pump from before. Soon enough, soon enough.

Thanks.
    BOARD TYRANT
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

^YES!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

I also dig this version. Quite ominous

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I've been reading that. I think I'll play around with adding a scoop pre-workout and then still have my 2 intra. Glad you guys gave me two tubs to experiment with dosages.

That's the great thing about all of this: dialing it in and seeing what works and what's convenient.

Thanks!
    Bingo

The added scoop should definitely make a difference. I've been doing between 4 and 6 scoops per day and haven't felt this awesome before
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post

Bingo

The added scoop should definitely make a difference. I've been doing between 4 and 6 scoops per day and haven't felt this awesome before
    That's freak dosage! Inject it into your shoulder like Drago.
    BOARD TYRANT
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Hmm, not a bad idea. I'll even keep a stoic, unfazed countenance as its done. Damn, I need to watch that film for the 3,000th time.

On a more topical note, I think I'll dose 2 scoops of PF3 with my pre-workout meal, then keep another 2 for the intra.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

I've been slowly noticing that I'm looking somewhat leaner and yet my weight has not dropped considerably. My weight hit a low of 192 on Tuesday and it's been at around 194-195 since then. The jury is still out. Gonna ramp up the dosage to 4 scoops, with two coming pre-workout and 2 coming just before bed. I'll see what types of advantages that holds. Nothing like having 2 free tubs to play around with. Thanks again, MAN!

Routine:

Squats:
    After 7 warmup sets:
    Set #1: 5x250 (personal best)
    Set #2: 8x210
    Set #3: 12x180

Wasn't sure I'd be able to get the 250 up, as two weeks ago when I tried, it just wouldn't budge. Then again, I blew my CNS going too hard on the first warmup set that I taxed myself too much to get in a great workout. Today, I got that bastard up and six would have caused some type of injury as 5 was all I could handle with solid form. Knocked out the final two sets. Glad my legs are responding. I've got a jacked up left knee, so I never thought I'd be able to squat where I'm at now, but, it's been a yearlong process and these past 5 weeks has been all about progression.

Siderbar: swapped squat day and deadlift day, as I had deadlifts on Monday and squats on Friday, but on Fridays, I'm not as eager to hit legs, however, I do enjoy deads and back exercises, and I'm fresher on Mondays, so this made perfect sense.

Overhead Press:
    After four warmup sets:
    Set #1: 4x115 (personal best)
    Set #2: 8x90
    Set #3: 10x80

I tried for five on the first set, but that would have killed the shoulders, which are already creaky to begin with. Still, glad I got it to where I did, but then again, I went with more weight as opposed to two weeks ago.

Side Laterals: 3x15x20

Burn central, but not as bad as I thought. Was tough to get all 20 in, had to rest-pause on the last two sets, but, glad I was able to go that far. Glad strength is improving.

Still undecided about PF3. I know others are having a great time with it and perhaps in the next few weeks, my body will start to respond in kind.

Time shall tell!

Thanks!

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=ricroc;4170824][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]

[
    Then again, I blew my CNS going too hard on the first warmup set that I taxed myself too much to get in a great workout.
    yikes! are you saying your central nervous system blew out in the past? what does that feel like? it sounds brutal
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=thescience;4171231]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]

[

yikes! are you saying your central nervous system blew out in the past? what does that feel like? it sounds brutal
    More hyperbolic than anything else. I simply taxed myself out on my warmup set, so I had nothing left to trigger my quads on the workout sets.

(Though, not sure if you were being serious or folksy, cause I'm not really sure where you got "in the past" from.)
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=ricroc;4171258]
    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post

More hyperbolic than anything else. I simply taxed myself out on my warmup set, so I had nothing left to trigger my quads on the workout sets.

(Though, not sure if you were being serious or folksy, cause I'm not really sure where you got "in the past" from.)
    Your warmups are more intense than most peoples' workouts!
    BOARD TYRANT
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

HAHA, yeah, seems that way, but got to get primed for the workset assaults.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=ricroc;4171258]
    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post

oh, i said "in the past" because you said last time you attempted pushing you blew your cns, and i didnt know when that happened previously. ive heard of people crushing their cns before from over exercise as an actual condition, resulting in some serious complications, but thankfully we arent talking about that here.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Workout was a tad flat today. It was chest and right shoulder has been bugging me as of late. Couldn't get the right push I had wanted, so the reps fell short of expectations. At least with regards to benching. Thinking I might need to scale back the poundages and start all over again in order to get the gains going again. I might have shot too high with the target range today, so hopefully it's just a today-type situation.

I was on the fence about benching today, but I figured I'd warm up nice and steady and ease my way into it. I also probably did not rest enough after warming up to get the muscles primed for the heavy load. Still, these days happen and I'm much more relaxed about them instead of fretting needlessly that I'm getting weaker or the body is not responding in kind.

Routine:

Bench Press:
    After six warmup sets:
    Set #1: 3x210 (personal best)
    Set #2: 6x190

Hit my target on the second set. As I typed this out, I realized that 210 for me is pretty darn good and took some solace in having achieved that even though the reps were about 2 shy of my goal. At present, I'm good with this. (Nice benefit of writing out your routine and seeing it in black and white...and bits and bytes.)

Weighted Dips:
    Set #1: 6x72.5
    Set #2: 10x50
    Set #3: 12x30

Whew! These were rough. Didn't get as full a stretch on the first set, so I'll have to account for that next week. Last two sets were murder, but in that final set, got in a great stretch and let everything rock and roll. Triceps were stupid pumped. Plus, all that GMS I took beforehand.

Shrugs: 2x30x50

I will be stupid sore tomorrow. Just as well, traps had been slacking and I'm not as Rocky'd as I liked to be right now. They were beyond bruised after that first set but I was able to knock out that last set just fine.

Now that I've eaten and can look back on what I've done, I'm pleased. Not as downtrodden as when I first finished my workout or when I started typing out this update.

Thanks!

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Yea MAN, I think your workout was great! Hopefully that PF3 takes some of your soreness away that you think your going to have
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks. Mildly sore in the traps and upper back, but more sore in the chest. I can feel it when I stretch. Damn good feeling!
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks. Mildly sore in the traps and upper back, but more sore in the chest. I can feel it when I stretch. Damn good feeling!
    Love that feeling as well
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

I always forget to update after Friday's workout. For one thing, it's Friday and after I workout, I'm set for the weekend. Secondly, by the time I get ready to type it all up, it's usually Saturday.

Going to forgo working out this week. Gonna rest up and next week try out this 5/3/1 I keep hearing so much about. Read Wendler's book. Love his bare bones, "just lift" approach. Needless to say I've gained a similar outlook that the tone of his book touches. Start doing first and then tweak it from there.

So, next week I'll start doing that and working on a modified meal plan. Still going IF, but will lower the carbs during workout days and up the fats slightly. I'll still keep carbs low on non-workout days.

Excited to try this all out and hopefully PF3 will add something to the mix.

I've got to say that misfit28 has it right: stir in the PF3 while mixing, twirling the water. It will mix cleanly.

Now I'll try this for the stubborn leucine.

My general thoughts for PF3, however are in the neutral category. I'm not sure if I'm benefitting by using as opposed to not using it.

I used colostrum in the past, but not for any muscle building purposes. I had read it could be used to heal the intestinal lining, as I feared I was suffering from "leaky gut" syndrome. I think PF3 is helping me out in this regard. All I can honestly comment on for now.

26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

As long as the PF3 hasn't hurt you or set you back...the positives may not be what you expected but it's good to hear they're there
    BOARD TYRANT
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I always forget to update after Friday's workout. For one thing, it's Friday and after I workout, I'm set for the weekend. Secondly, by the time I get ready to type it all up, it's usually Saturday.

Going to forgo working out this week. Gonna rest up and next week try out this 5/3/1 I keep hearing so much about. Read Wendler's book. Love his bare bones, "just lift" approach. Needless to say I've gained a similar outlook that the tone of his book touches. Start doing first and then tweak it from there.

So, next week I'll start doing that and working on a modified meal plan. Still going IF, but will lower the carbs during workout days and up the fats slightly. I'll still keep carbs low on non-workout days.

Excited to try this all out and hopefully PF3 will add something to the mix.

I've got to say that misfit28 has it right: stir in the PF3 while mixing, twirling the water. It will mix cleanly.

Now I'll try this for the stubborn leucine.

My general thoughts for PF3, however are in the neutral category. I'm not sure if I'm benefitting by using as opposed to not using it.

I used colostrum in the past, but not for any muscle building purposes. I had read it could be used to heal the intestinal lining, as I feared I was suffering from "leaky gut" syndrome. I think PF3 is helping me out in this regard. All I can honestly comment on for now.

Sounds like a solid plan! I love 5/3/1 for it's simplicity, I keep coming back to it

I can't remember, but i might have gotten that mixing method from chefbo. Either way, it works!

I still have trouble with the leucine mixing as well. It's to be expected, I suppose.

Good observations with the PF3. Sometimes I feel much better, and that it helped with recovery, and I feel more solid than I have in a while. I'm starting a cut soon, and hope to get some more PF3 to compare how it works for me in that capacity as well.

I'm pretty sore in my hammies and rhomboids/traps after yesterday's workout!
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I be got the mixing down with PF3 but that Leucine is horrible. I think the best way is to mix it with a food and eat it
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

I be got the mixing down with PF3 but that Leucine is horrible. I think the best way is to mix it with a food and eat it
    Pre mixing with any leucine works best, I mix mine a few hours before and put in fridge.
    www.lgsciences.com
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Pre mixing with any leucine works best, I mix mine a few hours before and put in fridge.
    Good to know, cause it definitely not the easiest mixing supp
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Answers

any new updates bro?
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Some 49ers tight end was nicknamed "Dalton" by his coach bc of his resemblance to Swayze. Thursday Night Football announcers dropped that gem this week lol!
    BOARD TYRANT
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Some 49ers tight end was nicknamed "Dalton" by his coach bc of his resemblance to Swayze. Thursday Night Football announcers dropped that gem this week lol!
    Yeah, I got a kick out of that. It was Vance McDonald (#89).
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    any new updates bro?
    I had planned on getting back into the swing of things this week, but it hasn't worked out that way.

I'll get back into gear next week, firing up Wendler's 5/3/1 and seeing how much I can benefit, with recovery from PF3.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Good to know, cause it definitely not the easiest mixing supp
    No its not......
    www.lgsciences.com
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I had planned on getting back into the swing of things this week, but it hasn't worked out that way. I'll get back into gear next week, firing up Wendler's 5/3/1 and seeing how much I can benefit, with recovery from PF3.
    How's that 5/3/1?
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Answers

bump for updates
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

How are things in here
    www.lgsciences.com
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry for the lack of updates. I had taken some time off, getting ready for this 5/3/1, and this weekend I just got back from watching the Niners embarrass the Houston Texans. Glad I was able to make it to the 'Stick before it closes this year.

5/3/1 is going smoothly, as I just got back into the rhythm of it all on Monday, pressing day. Going with light weights so I don't burn out too soon. Think that was starting to affect me on my last setup.

I started back up with the PF3. For me, I get a steady pump after the workouts. It is similar to what I'd get when using GameDay. Muscles would be full and look developed a couple of hours after working out. Maybe the body was hungry for it.

Having started to read about peri-workout nutrition, I'm under the impression that proper of timing of PF3 would offer a great benefit.
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry for the lack of updates. I had taken some time off, getting ready for this 5/3/1, and this weekend I just got back from watching the Niners embarrass the Houston Texans. Glad I was able to make it to the 'Stick before it closes this year. 5/3/1 is going smoothly, as I just got back into the rhythm of it all on Monday, pressing day. Going with light weights so I don't burn out too soon. Think that was starting to affect me on my last setup. I started back up with the PF3. For me, I get a steady pump after the workouts. It is similar to what I'd get when using GameDay. Muscles would be full and look developed a couple of hours after working out. Maybe the body was hungry for it. Having started to read about peri-workout nutrition, I'm under the impression that proper of timing of PF3 would offer a great benefit.
    The PF3 pump! I those that feeling!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Misfit28 is Changing the Game with New MAN Sports Pure PF3
    By Misfit28 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
  3. The Rabbit is still Alive
    By garyrabbit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 11:55 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 02:28 PM
  5. What the hell is the ultimate point in BULKING?
    By strictlyswole in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 07:31 PM