Eat, Train, Sleep: Athletix High Volume and Acute FX - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Eat, Train, Sleep: Athletix High Volume and Acute FX

Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You put in awesome workouts, thanks for the kind words thus far concerning HV/AFX.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Really excited for your final review; looks like you've thoroughly been enjoying the product. Those are incredibly heavy pullups man, btw.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Really excited for your final review; looks like you've thoroughly been enjoying the product. Those are incredibly heavy pullups man, btw.
    Thank you sir; I'm really trying to get to +100lbs for three repetitions, unfortunately its been rough on my tendons (hence the lack of overall sets), but I do treat it as a strength exercise and it really warms everything up prior to training the back directly.
    Antaeus Labs Representative

•   

Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agreed some very heavy pull ups!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com

Week Four: Day Three-Squat Complex
    --Power Movement--
    BB Squat: 265x3, 305x3, 355x1, 365x1, 370x1
    Extra Work: 230x5, 230x5, 250x5, 250x5, 250x5
    --SST Movement--
    BB Deadlift: 315x5, 365x1, 405x1, 425x1, 445x1, 450x1, 450x1
    BB Deficit Deadlift: 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x5
    --Volume Accessories--
    Leg Press (with 1 second static hold): 280x15, 360x12, 450x10
    Leg Extension: 10x10 undulating weights, bi and unilateral
    Weighted Hyperextensions: +45x10, +45x10, +45x10

Good session today, I more or less did what I wanted and didn't quite follow Wendler to the letter. I brought in the deficit deadlifts to experiment and I will be retaining them in my regiment.

With regards to my squat, I've noticed (as have others) that I have difficulty "diving" into the hole, I tend to have a very slow negative which takes a lot of energy out of me. It isn't as much of an issue with my lighter loads, but once I go above 80% it becomes a recurrent theme.

I was advised to attempt 5x5, progressively overloaded (+5lbs per week) sets after the heavy lifting to get a better feel for falling into my groove.
    Any thoughts?

Also, have any of you readers noticed the PHF store/forum being offline? I'm receiving 404 messages every time I attempt to access it. I just want to be sure it isn't an issue on my end.

Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Getting the same thing with PHForum
    FINAFLEX REP
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

5x5s is never a bad routine when in doubt. Works less for non-noobs, but so does everything lol. Could run it for a month to mix it up & if progress is being made continue for another month or til you stall out for 2 weeks in a row. Sometimes you have an off week in 5x5s. That's pretty f'ing heavy for 25 total reps.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Yup phf wasn't working for me either the other day, seems to be working now.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com

Week Four: Day Four-Pull Complex
    DB Row: 80x10, 80x10, 80x10, 95x10, 100x10, 100x10, 110x10
    Weighted Chins: +45x5, +70x5, +75x5
    --
    Snatch-Grip Rack Pulls: 225x10, 315x10, 365x10, 415x5
    Seated Cable Row: 80x15, 120x10, 150x10
    DB Hammer Curl: 20x12, 30x10, 35x8, 35x8, 40x5
    Cable Upright Row: 50 repetitions, ascending weights

And so ends my last session with AFX/HV; things have been somewhat busy this week and diet has been heavily skewed. I opted for an all-out volume fest since my back happens to be my favorite group to train.
    I've certainly put on some bodyfat in the course of this entire month but I believe the log speaks for itself regarding the multiple PRs and the ability of HV/AFX to fuel my power-building workouts and their frequency. I will be posting a full and cohesive review later today, so stay tuned!

FINAL REVIEW: ACUTE-FX AND HIGH VOLUME

To preface this assessment, I will note that I dosed both products per bottle recommendation.

Designed for a complimentary stack, AFX and HV handily produce the pump and energy most trainees seek in a preworkout; what sets them apart in the heavily saturated PWO market niche are their versatility, both in dosing and application. By separating HV and AFX into two products, Athletix has provided consumers with another option in stim-free pump products (largely monopolized by Hemavol until this point) and in a milder, stackable (per single dose) stimulant blend.

With the increased popularity of GMS, Agmatine, and the application of the former to ArA cycles, HV lends itself to a variety of uses. The disclosed doses of agmatine and l-citrulline are welcome backbone to the central prop blend, which in and of itself includes no ingredients we still see shuttled about in lesser quality products (aka arginine or ATP).

To the review itself, I'd rather not use a number system but would instead like to lay out what exactly HV/AFX assisted me with during this month of training:

During my run, I was able to set PRs in the bench (285), squat (380), and deadlift (475) while training on a 5 to 6 day frequency.

I was also able to hit the +80lbs x 3 mark with my weighted pull-ups.

Of course, I'm not trying to claim that HV/AFX "caused" these achievements. However, to make sustained progress within the boundaries of Wendler's 5/3/1 for Powerlifting template--a system involving the repeated use of heavy singles in the 90-95% range on the "Big 3" throughout the week--is a testament to HV/AFX's ability to facilitate my energy levels, dissipate mental/physical fatigue, and assist in bringing my CNS in line for heavily demanding training sessions.

I believe that gauging a product's success comes down to the following questions: Would I buy it again? Would I recommend it to a friend?

For both Acute-FX and High Volume, the answer is affirmative; I do in fact plan on using High Volume as my PWO-of-choice during my upcoming PH run.

Once again, I want to thank JudgmentDay, wasme, and Athletix for providing me with this logging opportunity, as well as all who have been following/commenting on this run. Athletix is certainly back, and in a big way, do not pass up on any opportunities to try their products, particularly with the current Labor Day sales going on!

Finally, here are some recent images to top off the log. Back and biceps are pumped in the upper body shot, the quads are cold.

Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Excellent review SP.. thanks! Was a great log to follow, and your progress was awesome. Good luck on your PH run.
    FINAFLEX REP

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Excellent review SP.. thanks! Was a great log to follow, and your progress was awesome. Good luck on your PH run.
    It's been a blast and the HV/AFX combination is great, I wish Athletix nothing but success in asserting their place in the market.
    I also appreciate your (and JudgmentDay's) patience with some gaps in the log, moving back from university was a hectic time but I certainly looked forward to training.

As I get my game plan together regarding employment opportunities I may have to accelerate my time-table for cycling; gone are the days where all I had to worry about was studying. The only question now is what to run, and whether to log it or not!

Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Log it! And link me up to it when you do please. Thanks for the kind words!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Wahh look at those quads! Amazing physique!

Thanks for taking the time out to log for us, we appreciate the detail log you have done, great updates, very fun log to follow Def link us up to your next log!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports High Volume and Acute FX Stack Log
    By The Solution in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
  2. Getting High with Athletix ( High Volume & Acute FX stack)
    By NADDANME in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
  3. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 08:32 AM
  4. Athletx High Volume and Acute FX Sample review
    By JudgementDay in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 02:18 PM