MassiveTeabag swinging at ya with a Finaflex trifecta!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

I am glad, it's nice when you go into something not expecting a lot and then get surprised by better results than you anticipated. It's good for you and for us.
    ^^^This exactly. And to think you're only a few days in. It's only gonna get better too.

2. Awesome work and as Snags said great logging style!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:

3. Quote Originally Posted by MassiveTeabag View Post
    I'm glad you're enjoying it, and really it's been my pleasure to be a part of this. I guess my expectations were kind of low going into it and I have to say the effects have been more significant than I anticipated. Having great workouts and feeling good even outside the gym... good stuff
    Thats always a nice positive! I think those workouts are the best. You go in and weights feel heavy yet you are able to beat a PR or get more reps. Exceeding expectations is what we like to see!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

4. Day 12

Hey guys, day 12 now. I didn't get a chance to get in here and update but I did end up working out Friday (day 10) and had another great workout. I really wasn't sure how I was going to do because I woke up and felt pretty weak that morning. My CNS felt recovered, but my body and leg muscles didn't give me the feeling that I was going to have a good workout. It didn't really feel like I was fully recovered. But I've learned over the years to always at least try out a couple sets if I am not sure, my motto: "when in doubt, rep it out". And I am glad that I did, because I was able to increase the weights again on almost all my movements:

Single-leg leg curl 37.5x5x3 (per leg)
    Dumbbell lunge 30x6x3 (per leg)
    Explosive deadlifts 235x6x3
    Single-calf raise holding DB 20x15x4 (per leg)
    Single-leg low box rebound jumps
    Twenty-rep tibias 4 sets

I went up 2.5 lbs in the single-leg leg curls, 5 lbs in the DB lunges, and 10 lbs across all sets with the explosive deads. Usually I like to get in a little bit of upper back work at the end of deadlift day, but the workout was running long and I ended up getting extreme hunger pains out of nowhere, so I called it a day.

It was a successful workout which left me feeling pretty wiped out Saturday. I woke up that morning already feeling DOMS all through my legs and lower back. That afternoon a friend of mine wanted to get together and play some basketball... something I really wasn't feeling physically ready for, but mentally I was dying to play some ball since it had been quite some time since I had played. So he stops by and we head to another guy's place, he's talkin crap the whole ride there, acting cocky and I'm just smiling because I know what's about to happen. With each comment, it felt like my legs and back were rapidly recovering, lol. This other dude has an adjustable hoop and "someone" gets the idea to lower the rim so we can play PIG with dunks... heh heh heh... well let's just say that my buddy is 6'1, I'm 5'7 and he got taken to the woodshed. My hangtime was crazy... I was doing counterclockwise 360 windmills, reverse hammers off the bounce, between the legs tomahawks, and my favorite was when I put my arm in the rim up to my elbow. Needless to say, he couldn't match it and barely got his wrist over the rim. I was literally looking down into the rim on that dunk and the rim was at like 8 feet which is 96". I'm 67" so I need 29" to get the top of my head at the rim, and eye level or above would be around 34"+ on that dunk. To only be a couple inches off my prime vertical, with a ball in my hand and a day after deadlifts... yeah, that felt great. I haven't jumped like this in probably 3 years. Nobody had too much to say after that...

My body definitely protested today after the tough workout Friday, followed up with all the jumping around yesterday. Ankles, knees and rear delts were all feeling a bit sore today. I'll have to see how I'm feeling, but as of now I am still planning to work out tomorrow. If my legs aren't good then maybe I'll do a chest, shoulders, and upper back session instead

5. Yah give those poor legs some rest lol entertaining story...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Use "walker35" for 35% off at

6. lol
    when in doubt, rep it out and taken to the woodshed
    too funny

7. I drive a lowered car because my vertical is so low. Impressive stuff there, Vince Carter.

8. Day 15

Today marks the halfway point in the log... I did up giving my legs a rest on Monday and worked the chest, shoulders, upper back and tris. My shoulders were actually still kind of sore going into the workout, but I was able to increase weight and reps on a few exercises:

Incline DBs 25x12, 40x12, 55x8
    Close grip pulldown 70x12, 90x12, 120x5
    Wide grip lat pulldown 90x10, 110x10
    Single overhead DB Tri Ext 3 sets
    5-way shoulder raises 5 sets

It felt good to work the upper body again and get some nice pumps going, and my legs needed the rest anyway. I was ready to return to the legs today and ended up hitting my goals again for the workout. Prior to the workout I was having kind of a bad day and feeling down, but as I went through my routine and saw more improvements I really got into a more positive mindset. Therapeutic training

Single leg rebound jumps 2 sets /side
    Lateral low obstacle jumps 2 sets
    Pistol squats 3 sets /side
    Bulgarian split squat 2 sets /side with 30s
    Explosive barbell squat (with pause at bottom) 200x3x3
    Single-leg leg curl 37.5x6x3
    Seated calf raise 55x20x4
    Single leg extensions 30x12, 40x12, 50x12
    Lying side leg raises 3 sets w/20lb ankle weight

I went up in either weight or reps in all of those movements, so my legs are continuing to get stronger. The nice thing about all of my gains so far on the stack is that I haven't had to put on any weight in order to gain the strength, which is exactly my goal in order to jump higher. I do suspect I have gained muscle and lost fat though, sort of a mini recomp, since I definitely look and feel leaner. Should be interesting to see the final results as I work through the second half of the stack

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I drive a lowered car because my vertical is so low. Impressive stuff there, Vince Carter.
    Haha. I recently went back and watched a lot of old contests including VC in 2000, so his dunks were still fresh in my mind during that session which is why I thought to try the elbow dunk lol. VC was always one of my favorites

9. Hey guys, been a while since I swung by... multi-update incoming so bear with me here:

Day 17, Friday 8/16

Incline DB 25x12, 40x10, 60x6
    Wide Pulldown 70x12, 110x6
    Close Pulldown 90x12, 110x8
    Shrugs 125x20, 175x20
    1-Arm Preacher Curl 25x5, 30x6

This was a pretty good workout. I was able to use the 60s for incline DBs, and I almost matched my reps from the last time I did them with the 55s (only came up one short). Switched up the order of my pulldowns this time around and started with the wide grip first. Went light with the shrugs because I planned to do some deadlifts during my next workout. About halfway through the workout I was just sitting on the bench, resting between sets, and I was noticing new veins visible on the tops of my forearms. This stuff definitely has a significant drying effect on me, and it's easy to see and even feel the difference. It was a good workout. By this point though, the drying effect has actually become a bit uncomfortable for me. My joints had been feeling achy, even my elbows which never really give me any problems. My mood was all over the place, less energy and I just wasn't feeling as good as when I first started the stack, so I felt that my estrogen levels may have been getting low. I just didn't feel right in general, and I made the decision to stop the PCT Black on this day and see how my joints and overall emotional state would respond.

Day 19, Saturday 8/18

Single-leg leg curl 2x5x40 /side
    Dumbbell lunge 2x6x35 /side
    Explosive deadlifts 3x5x245
    1-leg calf raise w/DB 3x20x25 /side
    20-rep weighted tibia raises 3 sets
    Single-leg leg extension 20x12, 30x12, 50x12
    Single-leg low box rebound jumps 2 sets

This was another good workout aside from a minor injury I sustained during the deadlifts. I had finished my second set and sat down to rest, and I realized both of my forearms were pretty much beet red on the bottom, with the right one looking a little worse. It looked like the vein was bulging out of my arm and it stung a little when I touched it. My grip strength seemed unaffected though, and I was able to wrist curl a heavy DB without pain, so I went ahead and did my third set of deadlifts and got my reps without any problems. I'm not even sure what happened, but it seemed more like a surface injury and nothing major (confirmed later when a slight bruise developed, then rapidly went away). Aside from that minor nuisance, it was a good workout where I was able to increase my working weight in every movement. Still off the PCT Black at this point, and I do believe that was the right decision. My energy levels improved and my mood stabilized back to the feeling of general euphoria present earlier in the log.

Day 21, Monday 8/20

Incline DB 25x12, 40x10, 60x7
    5-Way shoulder raises 5 sets 50 reps 10lb DBs

Good workout. Got an extra rep with the 60s on incline DBs, so another small improvement in strength. The 5-ways completely wiped out my shoulders. Two exercises, and that was all I needed. By this point I have been off the PCT Black for 4 days and now my joints feel completely normal again. My emotional state is still stable above baseline and strength is still improving. I don't want to give the impression that I do not like the PCT Black. It's a great supp, I just think that over the initial 2-week period the 2-cap dose eventually became a little too much for my body. I enjoyed the drying effects though (up to a certain extent) and actually I was planning to take one capsule of PCT Black again tonight, and maybe stay with one per night for the duration and see how that treats me. Overall the stack continues to be a great experience with seemingly never-ending gains. It feels good to have such a long string of successful workouts

10. Quote Originally Posted by MassiveTeabag View Post
    Hey guys, been a while since I swung by... multi-update incoming so bear with me here
    yes, it has been awhile..was starting to worry about you, new guy!
    nice updates! glad to hear you are enjoying the products!

11. This guy disappeared.
    Visit our website at

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

12. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    This guy disappeared.
    It probably is hard swinging that massive teabag???

13. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    This guy disappeared.
    but credit given -- everytime I start to worry about his lack of activity, dude pops out and sneaks in an update
    hope he continues the pattern, should be ready for final review I would think

14. Hey fellas. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I got some bad news... I got injured a couple days after my last update. I hyper-extended my knee pretty badly

I've just been in a really depressed mood not being able to train legs or even jog around without pain in my knee. Needless to say I haven't been setting any strength records or beating any reps since my last update. I'll be in rehab mode with the leg and just hitting primarily the upper body for a while. Really sucks because I was doing so well before the injury, and now I'm basically starting all over again. O well.... I guess life would be way too boring if everything was easy, right? lol. Some things are just out of our control and we gotta do what we can do to deal with it I suppose.

I believe the injury is to the meniscus from the way it feels and how similar it is to the way my other knee felt when I injured that one over six years ago. I've been through this before and that became my bigger and stronger leg over time so I think I can do it. I'll be taking things very slowly using my own rehab techniques, and I'm confident that eventually I'll be good enough to make another push for some jumping gains. In the meantime I'll really be blasting my arms, shoulders and chest which I'm sure will respond nicely to the increased attention.

So that's where I'm at currently, and now for a final look at the stack. These changes were during the three-week period before my log was cut short by the injury.

Strength gains (main lifts):

Incline DB's 55x8 -> 60x7
    Deadlift 215x6x3 -> 245x5x3
    Squat 175x4x4 -> 200x3x3

Not too shabby in 3 weeks. Looking back through the log I also gained strength in most of my assistance exercises as well. Very happy with the strength gains. I actually felt the Pure Test kick in from the first workout. Many would say that was placebo but I am a natural skeptic who is basically immune to the placebo effect, so that's doubtful. I felt an increase in focus and more aggression that seemed to creep up on me about halfway through my power movements (incline, deads, squats). The pumps were also quite nice. The Pure Test makes a good preworkout stack with my trusty black coffee. Apparently I am a DAA responder... good to know

Body composition:

Back in my first entry I took some initial measurements of my body as a point of reference. Going back through and comparing my current measurements, everything is the same except my quads and waist are maybe a quarter-inch smaller. My weight went up by 1.9 lbs to 168.3 (morning, fasted weight). I believe that was probably lean weight since my strength improved, while my measurements actually decreased in the areas where I store fat. I'm looking a little more defined in the midsection, especially the serratus area.

Additional comments:

The Active Multi actually seemed to help out my digestion. I generally feel sick to my stomach at some point during the day, usually early on before I get a couple meals in me. I never had that sick feeling even once while taking the Active Multi, so either it helped or I got lucky for a few weeks. Only side effect, common with a lot of multi's was the B-vitamin neon wizz. The Revolution PCT, as I pointed out previously in the log, had a pretty significant drying effect on me and eventually became a bit too much after a couple of weeks. If I were to go through this stack again I would probably start with just one cap per day and take it from there.

Overall I had a good time on the stack, and I thank all you guys at Finaflex for letting me try out the products and following my log. I'm sad the log had to end this way but at least I was able to put on a good dunk show and have a little fun a couple weeks back. I'll be airborne again eventually... and if things don't work out then I may just have to fully transition into bodybuilding

Numerical review:

Please rate on a scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree
    Active Multi
    1) This product helped aleviate joint pain...3
    2) This product helped with digestion...5
    3) This product made me feel better overall...3
    4) This product helped my mental focus throughout the day...3
    5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...3

Please rate on a scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree
    Pure Test
    1) This product helped increase my overall strength...5
    2) This product helped with body composition...5
    3) This product made me feel better overall...5
    4) This product increased my sex drive...3
    5) This product provided deep restful sleep...4
    6) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...5

Revolution PCT
    1) This product helped increase my overall strength...3
    2) This product helped with body composition...5
    3) This product made me feel better overall...3
    4) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...4

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recomping with LG's Trifecta! (NON-SPON)
    By FlexW99 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 391
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 11:10 AM
  2. The One: $69.99 PreOrder at NutraPlanet with Free Shipping!!!
    By Steveoph in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 03:39 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
  4. PRIME is $39.60 at NP with 10% coupon for 3 more days!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 02:25 PM