Max Pump + Ignite 2 log / The road to me getting cut

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
First I would like to give a shout out to Iparatroop and Finaflex for allowing me to log both of these products.

My main focus on this run will be getting cut which is something I have never really been. I have fluctuated in weight over the years by as much as 70 pounds due to personal medical issues. I got down to 154ish back in 2003 but did it by diet/running and was just flabby and low in muscle.

I got as high as 230ish last year and decided after Halloween (i'm so weak against candy) to finally shape up and improve my life. My bodyfat % in NOv was 34+%. Yea I know, yuck for me. I'm currently 5'6" and at around 189 lbs and 16-20% body fat. I took measurements and used a few online calculators and they say around 15-16%. I used a friends weight scale and it said 22%. I'm leaning toward the larger percentage since I have quite a bit of marshmallow center in my mid section although I wear a 34" pants.

I'm not looking to beat any PR's this run. I'm looking at putting myself in a calorie deficit of no more than 500 calories a day, 10 minutes on the treadmill and excercise bike, then weight lifting. At the very least I want to maintain my current strength level to let me body know I want to keep my current muscles and aim at the fat as well as I possible can.

My currently calories maintenance level is around 2200-2300 and the last few days I've consumed 1600-1700 and thats my target. I'm also trying to consume at least 160 grams of protein and under 100 grams of carbs.

Day 1: Shoulders, Traps, Legs. Let's Do This.
Today I took a scoop of Ignite 2 and 4 capsules of Max Pump a half hour before my workout. Ignite 2's Berry Blast was probably the best tasting supplement that I have had to date and was easy to mix up.

Excercise Bike: 10 minutes at 62 rpm's

Squats: 3 sets of 12, 2 sets of 8, 1 set of 2 (385lbs)

One Arm Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 12

One Arm Standing Dumbbell Front Raise: 4 sets of 10

Standing Dublin Press: 4 sets of 12

Military Press Behind Neck: 4 sets of 12

Cable Upright Row: 4 sets of 15

Dumbbell Upright Row: 4 sets of 12

Barbell Shrug: 4 sets of 10

Treadmill: 10 minutes @ 3 mph

I find that the previous few days I was somewhat weak and that could be to changing my diet up with less calories and less carbs. My energy and endurance was most definitely up there so I'm appreciative of that. I could see that I had better than normal focus but this combo seems to excel at endurance/strength/energy and I can say that I had all that and then some.

I feel that Ignite 2 and Max pump have helped in all these areas as today I was able to workout in the gym with no issues or weakness. I had veins popping out a bit after my workout but not too pronounced. At my current body fat level I don't expect too much vascularity but I did see a bit of difference regardless.

If anyone has any more tips on losing bodyfat and keeping muscle then feel free to chime in as I'm always in need of advice/tips. I've read to not go too heavy on the cardio and to at the least maintain my strength.

Thanks for visiting my log :) More to come soon.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In to check how things work for you. I'm sure you'll dig this combo. It's the same PWO combo that I use right now and I enjoy it a lot. Will chime in with dietary advice later but I got some house chores to take care of first. Thanks for the shoutout.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Does carbs make a big difference when dosing

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
My comments on carbs are strictly related to my diet and has nothing to do with the products or their effectiveness.I find that as a endormorph body type I tend to lose fat faster on a lower carb diet.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
certainly not, MP is not a carb-driven product
while appropriate carbs will indeed aid in energy/training, they do not specifically have impact on the application of TMG in the body

gvdook - great intro, look forward to this one
my .02 off the top - your cals are too low..surely when you say your maintenance level is 2200-2300 that is with no activity included..
so, I would go no lower than 2000cals, and simply increase activity be it from longer/more intense weight sessions (which will happen naturally with the specific stack you are running) and regular cardio
as for cardio: "too much" is a very generic and broad terminology, and one I do not agree with..obviously you will want to avoid double 1hr higher-intense type sessions daily, but tbh at your current composition, as long as cals are in appropriate levels and macros are structured correctly (and clean) - you should have no issues at all with whatever activity you choose, only increased fat-loss

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me see if I can answer this for you since I have a moment.
As far as carbs go, dosing protocol should remain unaffected. My personal protocol (and I know a few others who are doing it the same way) is 4 MP uncapped in my PWO (1 scoop ignite2). I train fasted with the exception of BCAA/SAA intra On non-workout days I take 4 MP capped pre bed.
As far as carbs affecting how the products act, most anything you consume with either of these products will slow the absorption rate (with the exception of things like carbopol). The biggest thing I notice with carbs in combination with MP is increased vascularity and more muscle fullness. Mind you, I'm normally on a pretty low carb eating plan with a couple of higher carb days on Monday and Thursday. Normally during Tuesday and Friday workouts I'm fuller and more vascular. If you're on a normal eating plan where you're not cycling carbs at all, you're consumption of said carbs shouldn't effect how the products react.
Hope this helped.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Huh......

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
certainly not, MP is not a carb-driven productwhile appropriate carbs will indeed aid in energy/training, they do not specifically have impact on the application of TMG in the bodygvdook - great intro, look forward to this onemy .02 off the top - your cals are too low..surely when you say your maintenance level is 2200-2300 that is with no activity included..so, I would go no lower than 2000cals, and simply increase activity be it from longer/more intense weight sessions (which will happen naturally with the specific stack you are running) and regular cardioas for cardio: "too much" is a very generic and broad terminology, and one I do not agree with..obviously you will want to avoid double 1hr higher-intense type sessions daily, but tbh at your current composition, as long as cals are in appropriate levels and macros are structured correctly (and clean) - you should have no issues at all with whatever activity you choose, only increased fat-loss
I appreciate the input. I will up my planned calories to 2000 and increase the length/intensity of my workouts. I wish I had a way to know how much I was burning in my workouts but no biggie there.As far as cardio I think I just had a bad experience with losing weight using alot of running and i'm overcompensating by not wanting to do now. But then again at that point I was running 16 miles a week at a fairly fast pace. I'm trying to incorporate other cardio type of exercises into my workout such as burpees, jumping rope, jumping jacks, riding the exercise bike, etc.I find that my diet currently is a lot cleaner and well rounded than in the past with a good variety of proteins. I am looking forward to what the Ignite 2 + combo has in store for me with my current fat loss goals.Thanks for the advice.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Let me see if I can answer this for you since I have a moment. As far as carbs go, dosing protocol should remain unaffected. My personal protocol (and I know a few others who are doing it the same way) is 4 MP uncapped in my PWO (1 scoop ignite2). I train fasted with the exception of BCAA/SAA intra On non-workout days I take 4 MP capped pre bed. As far as carbs affecting how the products act, most anything you consume with either of these products will slow the absorption rate (with the exception of things like carbopol). The biggest thing I notice with carbs in combination with MP is increased vascularity and more muscle fullness. Mind you, I'm normally on a pretty low carb eating plan with a couple of higher carb days on Monday and Thursday. Normally during Tuesday and Friday workouts I'm fuller and more vascular. If you're on a normal eating plan where you're not cycling carbs at all, you're consumption of said carbs shouldn't effect how the products react. Hope this helped.
I have considered the carb cycling method and I will try to incorporate that into a few days just to keep my body guessing.On a side note, back when dieting in 2003 I remember my main source of protein (most of the time) was tuna. For 3 months I ate SO MUCH TUNA! Probably the reason I'm not into having it anymore. I also had a bad experience once with root beer and boiler makers which is also a reason that root beer makes me go 'ugh' now :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
As far as cardio I think I just had a bad experience with losing weight using alot of running and i'm overcompensating by not wanting to do now. But then again at that point I was running 16 miles a week at a fairly fast pace. I'm trying to incorporate other cardio type of exercises into my workout such as burpees, jumping rope, jumping jacks, riding the exercise bike, etc.
the more intensive the cardio output (think towards HIIT), the shorter you will want the duration to be..the converse is again true: the less intensive the effort (think LISS), the more you can do and the safer it will be to not chew up muscle tissue on reduced cal intake
again - as 2k, this should not even be a concern for you
small adjustments in the intake are always preferred; most want to throw a shyte-ton of food at themselves in "bulk" periods, and so get into a gross caloric excess..the body/metabolism is not prepared for this, so you inevitable store more than you want to adipose
same on reduced cal intake, the idea is not to drastically reduce cals out of the blue, else you will go into reduced caloric efficiency and the body may end up holding fat as it senses starvation mode - or, worse yet, seek muscle tissue from which to draw sustenance/energy
common sense balance, I stress this
glad to help

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I ever do cardio is like twenty mins of LISS after weights. This is only when I'm cutting and progress has stalled and I don't want to reduce calories anymore.

With proper diet and high intensity lifting, cardio should only be needed when down in the single digits body fat wise...unless of course you want to be able to run from the cops.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with snags about the calories. If you immediately go into a 1600-1700 cal diet right from the start you will find yourself eating 1000-1200 calories in no time once you hit a sticking point.

Same thing with cardio. So many people want to start at 45 minutes everyday. Before you know it they are doing two hours of cardio eating 1100 cals and they look like a string bean.

Lower cals slowly and up cardio slowly and not only will your muscle thank you but it will be much easier to stay on the diet most days.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 2: Day off Gym - cheat meal.

Monday was uneventful besides a much needed trip to TGIF's :) I took Max Pump and Ignite 2 as soon as I got up. I had a friend comment on how I look a bit more "muscle-y" as they put it. I did notice that my muscles looked more full today and unsure if this is due to my Max Pump or what.

Spent alot of time walking downtown and after walking a few hours I was still very energetic.

Day 3: Triceps, a little of everything else.

Today was a little bit of everything with a concentration on Triceps and Abdominials.
I took max pump around 9am, 30 minutes before my gym time. Entering the gym felt good after my day off with energy levels high.

Skull Crushers: 4 sets pf 10

Reverse Grip Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 10

Two Arm Standing Dumbbell Extension: 2 sets pf 12

One Arm Cable Tricep Extension: 2 sets of 12

Reverse Grip Cable Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 10

Burpees: 3 sets of 16

Pull-ups: 4 sets of 7

Spiderman Push-ups: 4 sets of 20

Exercise Bike: 10 minutes @ 60 rpms

Felt good after my workout tonight. Mucles seems overall pumped in appearance with a bit of veins popping out. I'm hoping by Christmas to of made progress in my cutting and getting lean as I would like to see how I will look.

Endurance and strength was with me the entire workout. I found out tonight that I am actually able to do 1-arm pushups. While not ground breaking it was noteworthy for me. I would love to do full planche pushups but have yet to try so that will be my next thing I work on after I work on being able to at least 10 pullups. Progress is slow but regardless we will have progress my friends :)

Loving Max Pump and Ignite and what the combo is doing for me.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Christmas is definitely plenty of time to make some amazing changes. The biggest key is consistency. Stay consistent and your goals will become reality!

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
I've actually been dieting for sometime now and havent had a cheat meal in a few weeks.

My first post I had said "the last few days I've consumed 1600-1700 and thats my target." Well before that I was actually consuming around 1500 so I upped my calories in hopes to see more progress. I further learned (and in this thread) that even at 1600-1700 I would be hurting myself. Even with my cheat meal yesterday I consumed around 2450 the whole day.

I didnt talk about my previous low calorie period because I felt stupid for not being more informed or smart about my diet planning.

Sorry for the confusion there. It wasn't like I dieted for a few days and said "Oh heck time to reward myself".

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Monday at lunch I went to TGIF with a friend.

I had a Spicy Craft Beer-Cheese Burger with fries and 2 sodas. Nothing fancy but burger and fries are always my thing, especially if I can get it spicy.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 4: Chest, Lower Back, Hamstrings

I headed to the gym about 30 minutes after taking Max Pump and Ignite 2.

Deadlift: 5 sets of 10

Hyperextensions: 5 sets of 12

Leg Curls: 5 sets of 10

Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 12, 2 sets of 10

Reverse Grip Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 12

Chest Dips: 3 sets of 15

Today was a very hectic day and I was looking forward to my gym time despite my energy levels being down.

Luckily Ignite 2 brought up my energy levels enough for me to get a good workout. My lower back has a tendency to be touch in the past but deadlifts and hyperextensions have helped out quite a bit.

Muscles were very full during and after my workout which I liked. I was very 'alpha' in the gym tonight which surprised me for some reason. I ended up deadlifting 350 twice which is my PB. Deadlifting has been a love/hate relationship and was happy that despite loathing it tonight I was still able to muster the energy to keep going after doing them. Endurance was no issues and I felt that I could of worked out a bit more but I needed to end my gym time after a few hours and write this log. Have to get to bed early since I have a early day tomorrow.

This combo is working well for me in my cutting goals. I consumed around 1890 calories today with about 170 grams of protein. I am fairly hungry after my workout but going to bed should take care of that.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't go to bed hungry. I absolutely refuse to. I'll retime my meals before I let that happen. 2 scoops ON whey and a tablespoon of PB or almond butter usually does the trick.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 5 (Thursday 7/26/13): Softball Game, 10 Mile Bike Ride

I took Max Pump and Ignite 2 30 minutes before doing a 10 mile bike ride this afternoon then went to softball practice.

Softball practice lasted about 1 1/2 hours then we had a 2 1/2 hour game.

A friend made a comment on how defined my legs were and I noticed that my muscles overall were pumped up today especially in my calves. I'm assuming my bike ride had some play into that along with Max Pump doing its thing. My performance during practice and the game went well. I had plenty of energy and endurance from start to finish and even outperformed (I felt) some of the younger players. What I lack in batting I make up for in fielding :)

I'm not sure how you your experiences have been but I looked into the mirror today with my shirt off and actually caught myself off guard. I have a long way to go but I was starting to like what I saw. For a long time I went out of my way to NOT look into the mirror with my shirt off but I guess months of hard work are starting to pay off. I have a loooong way to go before my body fat % allows to show some definition but at least I can wear form fitting medium shirts and not look like a freshly open biscuit container from the dairy section.

Max Pump and Ignite 2 have gave me that extra oomph and incentive to get things done. Heck I even looked at some shirtless Halloween costumes which I havent looked at in my 42 years on this earth.

Overall it was a good day. Friday night will be more of a medium weight/higher rep day for biceps, legs, shoulders, abs. I'm moving my days off in the gym to Saturday and Sunday with Sunday being a day where I do a medium intensity activity for at least a half hour (bike riding, frisbee with a friend, brisk walk, etc).

Thanks for watching.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
freshly open biscuit container rofl...
42y/o is a nice age man ;) is the new 25 these days, you know that right?
purrfekt time to embrace lifestyle changes..glad to hear things are rolling good here early on, keep at it!

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 6 (Friday 7/26/13): Biceps, Legs, Shoulders, Abs

Took Max Pump and Ignite 2 at 6:30pm and started my workout at 7pm. Today I'm going for just a medium weight but getting in more exercises with a bit higher reps. Just changing things up. Also changing my days off to Sat and Sun. Been on the same deal for a while now and feel the need for a change.

Spider Curl: 2 sets of 16

Wide Grip Cable Curl: 2 sets of 16

Standing Hammer Curl: 2 sets of 16

Standing Dublin Press: 2 sets of 16

One Arm Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 2 sets of 16

One Arm Standing Dumbbell Front Raise: 2 sets of 16

One Leg Barbell Squat: 2 sets of 16

Barbell Step Ups: 2 sets of 16

One Leg Bodyweight Squat: 2 sets of 20

Twisting Hanging Knee Raise: 3 sets of 16

Lying Alternate Knee Raise: 2 sets of 18

Situps: 3 sets of 35

Was a good workout and I was full of energy and motivation. Muscles were nice and full looking and tonight I had some veins stick up a tad on the arms.

I had about 1980 calories today. Tomorrow is a test of willpower since I'm going with a friend to a nearby carnival and I must resist all those snacks :/

Log is short tonight. Been one of those days. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its always such a great feeling to look into the mirror and actualy be able to tolerate yourself. I know this all to well. Just gotta keep doing what you are doing, putting that foot in front of the other!

Workouts look good and good job on changing things up. Every workout of mine is different than before.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 7&8 (July 27th & July 28th): Spent the last two days out of the gym but did help a friend move which was a hella workout in itself. I took Max Pump & Ignite 2 both days in the morning with a protein shake and was able to go the whole day with a decent amount of energy. Someone did comment "Um aren't you even tired yet" half way through the day. Apparently once you get over 40 people think that I should only move a few lamps then pass out? Pffff.

Day 9 (July 29th): Back, legs, forearms, triceps

I woke up pretty sore from my weekend moving. I took Max Pump and Ignite about 40 minutes prior to my gym time.

Squats: 3 sets of 12

Front Squats: 3 sets of 12

Walking Barbell Lunge: 4 sets of 10

Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 10

Standing Low Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension:

Weighted Bench Dips: 2 sets of 10

Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl: 2 sets of 10

Seated Reverse Dumbbell Wrist Curl: 2 sets of 10

Reverse Grip Preacher Curl: 2 sets of 10

Muscles looked good today and I had to put in a bit of an effort to keep my butt in the gym all the way to the end. Put on a new Hurley T-shirt that I got this weekend and even got a comment :)

Hoping to fully recover from my weekend by tomorrow. Ended up holding back a bit on my squats since I felt the lower back tweaking a bit. I'd rather not go full blast then snapping my stuff up and having to take a few weeks off.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 10 (July 30th): Softball game, bike riding

Fyi: Had a late day yesterday so posting this this morning.

I took Max Pump and Ignite 2 at 1:00pm, had a 8 mile bike ride at 1:30, softball practice at 3:15pm, actual game at 5pm which ended at 7:30pm.

Today was one of those good days. Bike ride made me feel like I was in Tour De France. Softball made me feel like I was in my 20's again. All my days arent like this but when they are I want to bottle and sell it.

Muscles were looking good. Looking in the mirror looks like I've slimmed up a bit. It would seem pushing my calories up to 1900 is much better then the 1400-1500 I was doing previously and thanks to Max Pump and Ignite, energy levels and endurance havent taken a hit due to my calorie deficit

Day 11 (July 31st): Chest, Biceps, abs, and then some

Max Pump and Ignite at 6:30am this morning. Gym time 7am.

Figured I would wake up more tired from my day yesterday but I'm good to go. Bake has healed up 90% from me tweaking it the other day during squats so time to throw some deadlifts in the mix.

Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10

Palms In Dumbbell Bench Press: 2 sets of 10

Reverse Grip Incline Bench Press: 2 sets of 10

Wide Grip Bench Press: 2 sets of 10

Chin ups: 2 sets of 7

Dumbbell Preacher Curl: 2 sets of 10

Wide Grip Cable Curl: 2 sets of 10

Standing Hammer Curl: 2 sets of 10

Twisting Hanging Knee Raise: 2 sets of 10

Sit ups: 3 sets of 20

Weighted Crunches: 3 sets of 15

After about an hour and a half I started to get just a bit tired. I think its a combination from my day yesterday (6+ hours of full activity), my short recovery time since, and no breakfast yet.

Muscles looked full with a touch of vascularity going on. Can't wait to lose more of this fat so I can see what lies underneath :)

Regardless workout is done early today so I can tackle the few projects (website) I have going on today.

On a positive note about last night: I turned down pizza after 6 hours of activity. I was starved and I turned down pizza! Yea that was not easy. I instead had a salad later on with grilled chicken and a protein shake so I went to bed content.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
On a positive note about last night: I turned down pizza after 6 hours of activity. I was starved and I turned down pizza! Yea that was not easy. I instead had a salad later on with grilled chicken and a protein shake so I went to bed content.
nice! and that is how you begin new life choices and direction
proud of you!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did I miss this?...gvdook on his way to greatness;)

2 super products!!!

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
nice! and that is how you begin new life choices and directionproud of you!
Appreciate the kudos. Never thought I would be one of those to turn away food :) I sure as heck would of ate THE pizza a year ago.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
How did I miss this?...gvdook on his way to greatness;)2 super products!!!
Thanks for joining edj007 :) They have been great products and I enjoy every little bit of help I get. Finaflex has been a big influence on my road to health and fitness for the last couple months.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing like a pizza to really suppress the appetite. .. as well as progress.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for joining edj007 :) They have been great products and I enjoy every little bit of help I get. Finaflex has been a big influence on my road to health and fitness for the last couple months.
Really liking the details again....this is going to be fun to follow.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing like a pizza to really suppress the appetite. .. as well as progress.
lol...exactly....

I'm alone with my baby today. Wife is out with the girls...walked in the supermarket pizza?..uhm....uhm....nope....went with a nice steak instead. (wife is going to be so jealous...eating crap with her bytches;) )

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm quietly following but I will say that it takes a big man to turn down pizza. Pizza is like sex. When it's good, it's great and even when it's bad it's still pretty good.
You're doing well bud, and I'm glad you're enjoying the products. Keep killing it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well we are definitely happy to have been such a big influence on your road to health and fitness!

I'm quietly following but I will say that it takes a big man to turn down pizza. Pizza is like sex. When it's good, it's great and even when it's bad it's still pretty good.
You're doing well bud, and I'm glad you're enjoying the products. Keep killing it.
Isnt that the truth!!

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
You nailed it there about the pizza. I had a friend say "oh heck no ain't no way I'm turning down pizza. Man you got some self control."

I have setup a cheat meal in about 2 weeks. I plan on doing chinese food again so I'm looking forward to that. Thanks and I'll keep killing it. Training is my business and business is good :)

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 12 (August 1st): Boxing and more cardio?

Took my Max Pump and Ignite 2 at 6:30pm and at 7pm I went .......boxing?!

Yes boxing. So I have a buddy that does it for fun and somehow he had talked me into going. He is 27 and has been doing it a few years but I figured well time to change it up again and I will just do a normal workout day again on Friday.

So, boxing it was. We ended up being at the gym for about 3 1/2 hours and I ended up being exhausted after getting home but my energy and endurance had me tearing it up in the gym. He even joked and said "let me see your license because no way are you 42". So i hit him. Ok I'm kidding about that part.

Before entering the ring he showed me around and I ended up working on: Speed Bag, Double End Bag, Maize Bag (spelling?), Focus Mitts, Heavy Bag (my fav) and tossing around the medicine ball.

We then did a handful of 5-minute rounds with a lot of coaching. I have to say I had fun despite an old military injury in my lower back acting up around the medicine ball practice. Tomorrow I do need to get me an ice pack and some motrin. I didn't let it slow me down though.

My muscles were more full looking than usual. Now I'm not sure if this is due to having a big more carbs today or the extra consumption of water since I was sweating buckets. Either way I'm not complaining. I kept up with my friend the entire time at the gym including once in the ring and even got in a extremely well executed punch that had him a bit dazed (he is 5'9" 210 lbs", I'm 5'6" and 188 lbs now). Now if he called to have me do it again the next day, well, I would um have been sore I mean busy. Yea thats it.

All in all the new activity was enjoyable and it's totally cool to be able to switch up my routines. Sometimes I feel I'm just not doing it unless I'm in the gym lifting weights but these other activities are keeping my interest in fitness strong.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
He even joked and said "let me see your license because no way are you 42". So i hit him.
I would only hit him if he said I DID perform like I was 42 :slap:
boxing! cool man, always fun (brings back memories)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 12 (August 1st): Boxing and more cardio?

Took my Max Pump and Ignite 2 at 6:30pm and at 7pm I went .......boxing?!

Yes boxing. So I have a buddy that does it for fun and somehow he had talked me into going. He is 27 and has been doing it a few years but I figured well time to change it up again and I will just do a normal workout day again on Friday.

So, boxing it was. We ended up being at the gym for about 3 1/2 hours and I ended up being exhausted after getting home but my energy and endurance had me tearing it up in the gym. He even joked and said "let me see your license because no way are you 42". So i hit him. Ok I'm kidding about that part.

Before entering the ring he showed me around and I ended up working on: Speed Bag, Double End Bag, Maize Bag (spelling?), Focus Mitts, Heavy Bag (my fav) and tossing around the medicine ball.

We then did a handful of 5-minute rounds with a lot of coaching. I have to say I had fun despite an old military injury in my lower back acting up around the medicine ball practice. Tomorrow I do need to get me an ice pack and some motrin. I didn't let it slow me down though.

My muscles were more full looking than usual. Now I'm not sure if this is due to having a big more carbs today or the extra consumption of water since I was sweating buckets. Either way I'm not complaining. I kept up with my friend the entire time at the gym including once in the ring and even got in a extremely well executed punch that had him a bit dazed (he is 5'9" 210 lbs", I'm 5'6" and 188 lbs now). Now if he called to have me do it again the next day, well, I would um have been sore I mean busy. Yea thats it.

All in all the new activity was enjoyable and it's totally cool to be able to switch up my routines. Sometimes I feel I'm just not doing it unless I'm in the gym lifting weights but these other activities are keeping my interest in fitness strong.
Loving the detail man. Boxing for that long is no joke! Its a seriously good workout. Thanks for your military service, what branch were you in?

Get some rest, pop some motrin and drink some water and you will be ready to go in no time!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Martial arts rule...thai boxing/boxing/MMA/full contact karate....great great great.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 13(August 2nd): Triceps, Shoulders, Recumbent Handcycle

Took Max Pump and Ignite 2 at 5:00pm. Gym at 5:45pm.

Standing Low Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension: 6 sets of 7

Weighted Bench Dips: 6 sets of 7

Skull Crushers: 6 sets of 7

Reverse Grip Close Grip Bench Press: 6 sets of 7

Weight Plate Front Raise: 6 sets of 7

Standing Dublin Press: 6 sets of 7

One Arm Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 6 sets of 7

Military Press Behind Neck: 6 sets of 7

Recumbent Handcycle: 10.4 miles @ 10 mph average

Decent workout and had the endurance to go for over 10 miles even after the workout. Endurance were up, muscles were full with medium amount of vascularity, and all systems were a go.

The Recumbent Handcycle is the kind that you actually ride outside and I have to say that it is quite fun. Althought when I hit 20 miles an hour it doesnt take much to tip it over. One time I was riding near these girls and showing off, hit a speed bump, and yea, I just about tipped over but I stabilized it enough with my feet and arm that I ended up on my side. So much for trying to be smooth. They came over and said "oh sir are you ok". I said "Yep, everything but my ego".

Anyway I've always wondered how many calories I burn on this thing. It's does quite a job on my arms, shoulders, a bit on the chest, and a bit on my upper back. It is a heck of a time when I come across a fairly tall hill but I want my road to getting cut to be fun and not just the same ole routines all the time. I try to throw something different into every workout, including my workout music but I wont even embarass myself and tell you guys about that :)

Max Pump and Ignite 2 are really keeping my strength and endurance going on my calorie cut. I'm thankful to come across such great products and have realized that getting in shape can be made a bit easier if you learn from others who are experienced and taking the right supplements / preworkout enhancers.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 14(August 3rd) and Day 15(August 4th): Gym days off, spending time with friends.

Will have nothing to post these two days and I will be spending time with friends this weekend. Golf, frisbee, and whatever else happens will ensue. Beer will be available but I'm holding off for another week at least but I consider a cheat meal/beer.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Enjoy the relaxation

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Day 16 (August 5th): Biceps, back, bit of cardio.

Took Max Pump and Ignite 2 at 12:30pm right after lunch and attacked the gym at 1pm

One Arm Bent Over Row: 3 sets of 8

High Inverted Row: 3 sets of 8

Cable Palm Rotational Row: 3 sets of 8

Spider Curl: 3 sets of 8

Wide Grip Cable Curl: 3 sets of 8

Standing Hammer Curl : 3 sets of 8

Chin Ups: 3 sets of 8

Pulldown Bicep Curl: 3 sets of 8

EZ Bar Reverse Grip Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 8

Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl: 3 sets of 8

Seated Barbell Wrist Curl: 3 sets of 8

I enjoyed my weekend off. I'm hoping to do some medium intensity squats tomorrow. Not sure why the back has been giving me issues for the last week. I should say lower back right around the tail bone.

Tomorrow I'll probably be doing shoulders, legs, lower back, and not sure.

Was told that I was a beast in the gym today and that I attacked the weights like an animal. Muscles were full, endurance had me like a gazelle, and I had veins popping out a tad.

Side note: Today a girl I came across "Hey there Mr Guns, hows it going?" Now, I so don't see what she is saying since I see pictures of you guys on here that put me to shame 10x over but if she had a momentary illusion, I'll take it :)

Either way, I smiled. Was a good day.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 16 (August 5th): Biceps, back, bit of cardio.

Took Max Pump and Ignite 2 at 12:30pm right after lunch and attacked the gym at 1pm

One Arm Bent Over Row: 3 sets of 8

High Inverted Row: 3 sets of 8

Cable Palm Rotational Row: 3 sets of 8

Spider Curl: 3 sets of 8

Wide Grip Cable Curl: 3 sets of 8

Standing Hammer Curl : 3 sets of 8

Chin Ups: 3 sets of 8

Pulldown Bicep Curl: 3 sets of 8

EZ Bar Reverse Grip Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 8

Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl: 3 sets of 8

Seated Barbell Wrist Curl: 3 sets of 8

I enjoyed my weekend off. I'm hoping to do some medium intensity squats tomorrow. Not sure why the back has been giving me issues for the last week. I should say lower back right around the tail bone.

Tomorrow I'll probably be doing shoulders, legs, lower back, and not sure.

Was told that I was a beast in the gym today and that I attacked the weights like an animal. Muscles were full, endurance had me like a gazelle, and I had veins popping out a tad.

Side note: Today a girl I came across "Hey there Mr Guns, hows it going?" Now, I so don't see what she is saying since I see pictures of you guys on here that put me to shame 10x over but if she had a momentary illusion, I'll take it :)

Either way, I smiled. Was a good day.
Mr Guns ;) nothing beats a compliment made by a female....well, that is if she's pretty, lol

One question..., why so many biceps exercises?

I would go for 4 or 5 back exercises, and maybe 2 or max 3 biceps exercises. But that's how I roll.

Anyway, keep up the good work, definitely seeing improvement in your work outs!!!

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
She was pretty so I'm not complaining :)

Well I've been trying a few different bicep exercises but I agree that yesterday I might of went overboard a bit.

My back is lacking so I need to step it up in that dept also.

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
Loving the detail man. Boxing for that long is no joke! Its a seriously good workout. Thanks for your military service, what branch were you in? Get some rest, pop some motrin and drink some water and you will be ready to go in no time!
Sorry not sure how I missed your question. I served in the Air Force during the Gulf War.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still going I see. Good deal. Excellent detail in here. I hope you're enjoying the products, and it seems that you are. Keep killing it bud.
Oh, and pugilistic sports are the best, whereas "sports" like basketball suck. How is a slap on the wrist a foul? GTFOH with that.