IsoTean Strawberries & Cream Updates and reviews

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was given the chance to try this protein by Iforce. Just received it today. Three carbs per scoop(serving) and 30 grams of protein. Not bad. Today I mixed it in a shaker bottle. Eight ounces of unsweetened silk almond milk. I poured the almond milk in first then added the protein. Shook it up for around 20 seconds or so. Wanted it a bit thicker so I added another scoop of protein and shook a bit more. It doesn't taste great in almond milk. Its ok, not bad, but not great. I noticed a few chunks after shaking it. Usually I just use a blender, but it was dirty and its too damn hot to do dishes right now. Also notices when I got some of the liquid on my hands that it was a bit stickier than other proteins.

Can't think of anything else to post about right now after just one try. I bet it will be really good in milk. Will post more updates soon.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try milk and water, curious what you think with those. I am not a fan of almond milk :(

Mike

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
please make your shakes as you normally would...hard to compare apples to apples when you're comparing apples to oranges.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
please make your shakes as you normally would...hard to compare apples to apples when you're comparing apples to oranges.

I normally use almond milk. Only thing different was the blender. So today I used the blender with almond milk, 1 Cup, and 1/4 cup light cream. Added about 5 ice cubes. Also added a scoop of chocolate Oep protein...Hope that is ok to do?. If not, don't worry I'll be making more of this stuff later!. I used "Pulse" on my Ninja-blender for a minute or so, switched it to "3" the highest setting and added a bit more liquid in the form of almond milk just until it was thick enough for me. I like it "shake like" with ice crystals. Anyway, today it turned out amazing. Tastes like I'm drinking a chocolate covered strawberry!.

Sorry again if mixing it with a different flavor and brand protein was not allowed, but I would have done this sort of thing anyway if I had purchased it. I mix flavors a lot just to "mix things up" a bit.

Next shake will be just iso-tean with almond milk and some light cream and ice. No more mixing it in a shaker though.

Thanks again VaughnTrue for letting me try this out. I appreciate it and am truly thankful.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad you enjoyed it! Try it the same way but with just the ISOTEAN so users can see what the strawberry is all about! Great log so far

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna be Dog sitting tomorrow and most of Sunday. Not sure if I'll be able to get an update in after tonight until Monday afternoon. That is after tonights update...I'll be stuck in the woods with a dog pretty much.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I just mixed up 2 scoops in 1 cup silk unsweetened almond milk and another 1/4 C light cream. Really gotta take it easy on the cream, calories going up too fast!. Maybe just a single tablespoon next time. Oh yeah, also mixed in about 6 ice cubes. Ran the Ninja for a long while and really got some air whipped in too. The result was about 40 oz of an extra creamy strawberry shake. A little too creamy though, definitely put too much cream in. Very tasty though. Nice, smooth, and cool. Refreshing too when its hot.

Next time either only 1 tablespoon of cream or none at all. This stuff does mix up pretty well in a blender. Definitely like this stuff better than the time I tried Protean. Easier on my stomach and no bloat so far. Maybe on my carb up I'll try mixing in some nanners with it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna be Dog sitting tomorrow and most of Sunday. Not sure if I'll be able to get an update in after tonight until Monday afternoon. That is after tonights update...I'll be stuck in the woods with a dog pretty much.
Dog sitting is that time consuming? My dog, just sleeps if I leave him alone! haha but have a great time bro!

Mike

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dog sitting is that time consuming? My dog, just sleeps if I leave him alone! haha but have a great time bro!

Mike

Haha, yeah I'm just out here in the woods. I packed up some iso-tean in one of those stacker cup things. Plus I purchased a blender bottle since I don't have a blender here. Maybe I'll make an update later after I try out my new blender bottle. Didn't know if I'd have access to the internet but I do. So I'll post up later. Thanks again for the protein!. Or should I just now refer to it as "Protean"?. You guys gotta make a vanilla mint swirl in IsoTean. As the youngsters say that would be the "bomb-digity". Or do they still say that?.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok tried my blender bottle today. I used .25 C milk and the rest water up to 16 oz. I added one scoop shook it up, not thick enough to my liking. Added another, still not so thick, so added one more. It was ok, just not the same as in my Ninja blender. I just don't get the same consistency and of course can't have the chopped up ice in it this way. It was tasty though, not to creamy like before, but then again not creamy enough!.

Next time I try it in my new blender bottle I will use much much less liquid. Probably try 8 oz. .25 C reduced fat milk for creaminess. The blender bottle does mix much much much better than my shaker cup ever did though. No chunks, smooth consistency, but came out too thin for my liking. Will use less liquid next time but I think using the blender bottle is gonna be closest I can get it to where I want it without actually using a blender.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Ok tried my blender bottle today. I used .25 C milk and the rest water up to 16 oz. I added one scoop shook it up, not thick enough to my liking. Added another, still not so thick, so added one more. It was ok, just not the same as in my Ninja blender. I just don't get the same consistency and of course can't have the chopped up ice in it this way. It was tasty though, not to creamy like before, but then again not creamy enough!.

Next time I try it in my new blender bottle I will use much much less liquid. Probably try 8 oz. .25 C reduced fat milk for creaminess. The blender bottle does mix much much much better than my shaker cup ever did though. No chunks, smooth consistency, but came out too thin for my liking. Will use less liquid next time but I think using the blender bottle is gonna be closest I can get it to where I want it without actually using a blender.
6-10oz is what we recommend - let us know how the 8oz works for you.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today post workout I tried 16 oz of whole milk with 2 scoops of IsoTean and about 4 ice cubes. Very tasty..I made it a little too creamy again though. I think I'm just so used to almond milk that regular milk, especially with a strawberries and cream flavor makes it a little too creamy. It was an excellent consistency this time though. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna try 8 oz milk and 4 oz water with 2 scoops. That just might work perfectly. Maybe tonight or tomorrow I will get some bananas to mix in.

Great stuff so far. I'm running through it quickly though!.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok today I just made a shake with 8 oz whole milk, 4 oz water, 6 ice cubes, 1 medium banana and 1 small banana. This tasted pretty good, however the naner overpowered it. Should have just used one small one. There is literally just a hint of strawberry flavor. I gave a cup to the wife, she seems to like it, but says I make shakes too thick. That's how I like them though. It's ok there are millions of variations I could do. The fact that it has 30 grams of protein per scoop and only 3 grams carbos is great. No bloat either. Great on my stomach. Hopefully you guys make some more different flavors and bigger jugs. Maybe 5 pounders for around 50-55 bucks and it will be comparable to what I can get iso-ology for. Maybe you could make it cost a little less even because iso-ology does have 5 grams of leucine per scoop and the vanilla flavor only has 1 gram of carbs per scoop....Just comparing it to my regular iso that I use, that's fair isn't it?. Hey there has to be some thought and compare and contrast before I decide to switch. Protein is expensive and I don't make changes unless they are absolutely worth the cost.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try this protein out.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
glad you're enjoying the tub so far!

and don't worry, we'll be working on new flavors for isotean ;)

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool!. Hoping for some vanilla mint swirl!. Maybe even an eggnog flavor!
They will be something, much much better and unique to the market, just like VMS and RVC!

MIke

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't have any Iso-tean the past two days. Trying to make it last a little bit longer. I'll make some later tonight though and report back.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I was given the chance to try this protein by Iforce. Just received it today. Three carbs per scoop(serving) and 30 grams of protein. Not bad. Today I mixed it in a shaker bottle. Eight ounces of unsweetened silk almond milk. I poured the almond milk in first then added the protein. Shook it up for around 20 seconds or so. Wanted it a bit thicker so I added another scoop of protein and shook a bit more. It doesn't taste great in almond milk. Its ok, not bad, but not great. I noticed a few chunks after shaking it. Usually I just use a blender, but it was dirty and its too damn hot to do dishes right now. Also notices when I got some of the liquid on my hands that it was a bit stickier than other proteins.

Can't think of anything else to post about right now after just one try. I bet it will be really good in milk. Will post more updates soon.
I'm just catching up and I was surprised to see this. I love Strawberries and Cream ISOTEAN in almond milk. I could finish the tub in a week that way if I didn't pace myself!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just catching up and I was surprised to see this. I love Strawberries and Cream ISOTEAN in almond milk. I could finish the tub in a week that way if I didn't pace myself!
I think it was more the fact that I used a shaker cup instead of a blender.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok just mixed up some in the Ninja. At first I added 1.5 C of Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk. Than I added 2 scoops of Iso-tean, and 2 Tablespoons light cream, 4 ice cubes. It was a bit too thin for my liking. So I added 1 more scoop...Mixed it up a little more and it turned out excellent. Perfect consistency and flavor!. Not too thin, not too thick!. Taste is great too, not too creamy!. Yummy!. Too bad it took me this long to perfect it to the way I like it!. Three scoops is a bit much though. I will have to use a bit less liquid next time. Nothing wrong with 90 grams of protein though!.

I'll have test the new flavors once they come out.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really want to save the rest of my bottle to use on Carb up days- Mon-Tue. If I had to guess I'd say I have about 5 servings left.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok well I couldn't hold out...I thought I had more left. Last drink was 1 scoop and then I dumped the rest in, which I would guess was about 3/4 of a scoop. Used 8 oz of almond milk vanilla unsweetened and 2 tablespoons light cream. Mixed up great. Awesome taste. Not too sweet. Just sweet enough and just thick enough for my taste.

Thanks again to Iforce for letting me try out this "protean". Stuff is really tasty. It did take me awhile to find out exactly how I like it, but I finally got it down...Now that my bottle is gone!. Went through this stuff entirely too quickly!. It's really a great flavor, and I got a different tasting protein and texture going from shaker cup, to blender bottle, to an actual blender. There is no bloat at all from drinking this stuff. It's a great treat while you're eating low carb too. Breaks up the monotony of chicken, tuna, chicken, tuna, steak.....Makes for a good "dessert".

Hopefully its priced competitively and there are more flavors soon.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man, glad you like!! More flavors, hopefully exotic and fruity but no promises :p I'm pushin for it!!

Mike

PuZo

Awards
  • Established