FINA[be]FLEXing with Finaflex BCAA/SAA + CLA

Page 3 of 10 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Warm ups were just meh.
    these days, I feel that same myself more often than not..
    but then (like you) a set or three into things I pick up steam like an outta control runaway freight train!
    and that's what it's all about - great work going on in here (love me some rope jumping!)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com

2. Professional Member
    Answers

Restless night after my intense workout last night, even after eating and stretching. Convincing myself that if I had a tempurpedic I wouldn't know these restless feels...

On another note, I am experiencing discomfort on the left side of the latissimus dorsi and have been for a week now. It happened last Sunday after doing some light rows for high reps. I actually didn't feel anything until the middle of that night when the pain woke me up. Forced out of bed and tried foam rolling and stretching it and that did very little. Over the course of the next few days I would get it massaged, ICY HOT, foam roll it, and use a lacross ball across my lats and whole upper back. That seemed to temporarily alleviate the discomfort but it still lingers and has been persistent. It is more sensitive on some days, so it's almost impossible to foam roll my left side now without some discomfort. I feel it most when laying down to sleep and when inhaling it feels like there is slight pressure pushing against my lat, as if I had been punched really hard there. Best way I can describe it. I don't think it is spinal, but rather muscle pain. I am worried because I have backed off any heavy back workouts for a week now and my next one is scheduled for Wednesday. However, I don't want to chance it if it's something serious. Any advice is appreciated.

This diagram pinpoints the exact area where I feel the discomfort, in the latissimus dorsi region.

Squats do a booty good.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    these days, I feel that same myself more often than not..
    but then (like you) a set or three into things I pick up steam like an outta control runaway freight train!
    and that's what it's all about - great work going on in here (love me some rope jumping!)
    Precisely the same for me. The second or third set is where I start to loosen up and things get nasty....warm ups and first set are actually feeling a bit rough these days. I have good power though and that sees me through. I think joint problems are mainly tendons and they take time to warm up, this is where the difficulty seems to be for me and warm ups.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Answers

If foam rolling, ice and massage isn't helping them I would see my Dr. I definitely would skip my heavy back day as well. One missed session isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme. We're in a marathon not a sprint Get fixed up

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    a marathon not a sprint
    I wish more ppl would grasp this concept
    alas - the generalized mentality of "change and progress" in our sport tends to drive the majority with expectations of immediate response..
    and the damn noobs - well they think it's easy and requires no effort, just like these silly advertisements for junk miracle pill products on late night tv tell them
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Answers

alas - the generalized mentality of "change and progress" in our sport tends to drive the majority with expectations of immediate response..
    and the damn noobs - well they think it's easy and requires no effort, just like these silly advertisements for junk miracle pill products on late night tv tell them
    They are closer to exercise in a pill. That will be great! Bring on the McDonald's cheat meals!

7. Professional Member
    Answers

I think it's a hyperextended/strained lat muscle. I can walk around, sit, work other body parts without pain. No lower back pain either. I'll keep it under close supervision. It'll disrupt my training schedule, however, 2 or 3 missed back workouts ain't gonna kill me, especially if it means it will heal and be even stronger. Not gonna lie, it is bumming me out quite a bit. No deadlifts this week! I am starting to ice it several times a day and will implement some side planks a few times a day to strengthen my core as well.
    Squats do a booty good.
  8. Professional Member
    Answers

If foam rolling, ice and massage isn't helping them I would see my Dr. I definitely would skip my heavy back day as well. One missed session isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme. We're in a marathon not a sprint Get fixed up
    Don't think I'll be running/sprinting anytime this week. Gonna have to find other alternatives.

I still consider myself a noob, but I'm not expecting immediate progress. I understand your sentiment though. Injuries suck but they do make us smarter for the next time around.
    Squats do a booty good.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Answers

Extra serving or two of bcaa should help

10. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

I think it's a hyperextended/strained lat muscle. I can walk around, sit, work other body parts without pain. No lower back pain either. I'll keep it under close supervision. It'll disrupt my training schedule, however, 2 or 3 missed back workouts ain't gonna kill me, especially if it means it will heal and be even stronger. Not gonna lie, it is bumming me out quite a bit. No deadlifts this week! I am starting to ice it several times a day and will implement some side planks a few times a day to strengthen my core as well.
    Sometimes this happens to me whenever i contract to hard. I usualy stretch it out and give it a couple days. Although yours sounds different id try to slowly and gently stretch it out and skip a couple workouts.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  11. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Sometimes this happens to me whenever i contract to hard. I usualy stretch it out and give it a couple days. Although yours sounds different id try to slowly and gently stretch it out and skip a couple workouts.
    It is a new feeling for me so I am going to err on the side of caution. I will skip back workouts this week and possibly next week as well. Probably time to deload on lifts. Tomorrow I will switch it up to a chest workout instead. Thanks GT

Today was an off day for me. I dosed 2 ALC+CLA with breakfast and another 2 pills with lunch. For dinner, I had a grass fed beef burger (no bun) slice of cheese, omelette, and side of broccoli. Really good!
    Squats do a booty good.
  12. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

It is a new feeling for me so I am going to err on the side of caution. I will skip back workouts this week and possibly next week as well. Probably time to deload on lifts. Tomorrow I will switch it up to a chest workout instead. Thanks GT

Today was an off day for me. I dosed 2 ALC+CLA with breakfast and another 2 pills with lunch. For dinner, I had a grass fed beef burger (no bun) slice of cheese, omelette, and side of broccoli. Really good!
    Yea its definitely good to err on the side of caution. Hey no problem!

Grass fed beef and a slice of cheese, nom nom nom lol.
  13. Professional Member
    Answers

Yea its definitely good to err on the side of caution. Hey no problem!

Grass fed beef and a slice of cheese, nom nom nom lol.
    Lol, you said it best! Gotta stock up while the deal is still good. Would have taken a pic but I ate it all already.
    Squats do a booty good.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

mmmm the slice of cheese topping
    *wistful*
    I miss them days..no room for such luxury now tho in my ever-tightening (and disappearing fat consumption) dietary mode
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Answers

*wistful*
    I miss them days..no room for such luxury now tho in my ever-tightening (and disappearing fat consumption) dietary mode
    Get that low fat cheese. It's not really cheese anyway.

16. Professional Member
    Answers

*wistful*
    It's the opposite for me, snagz. I've seen your food pics, and I am mirin' the rice which I leave out of my weekly diet. *wistful* Your progress pics are looking great, BTW! Super impressed.
    Squats do a booty good.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Get that low fat cheese. It's not really cheese anyway.
    low-fat is what I used to roll with..2.5g too much for me right now, would rather work something else in (egg yolk, almond butter etc)
    snags does very little dairy as is, and it now will be totally gone going forward

It's the opposite for me, snagz. I've seen your food pics, and I am mirin' the rice which I leave out of my weekly diet. *wistful* Your progress pics are looking great, BTW! Super impressed.
    ahh thanks kix! gonna get really nuts soon, hang tight
  18. Professional Member
    Answers

ahh thanks kix! gonna get really nuts soon, hang tight
    Back atcha
    Squats do a booty good.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Doing great on this log. Sorry to hear about the back try a heating pad and if you can have someone rub it to increase circulation. If it is over a week probably not much good icing it now. If so alternate cold and hot.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  20. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Doing great on this log. Sorry to hear about the back try a heating pad and if you can have someone rub it to increase circulation. If it is over a week probably not much good icing it now. If so alternate cold and hot.
    Will do, thank you
    Squats do a booty good.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

If you use heat make sure it is moist heat. Reg dry heating pad will dry your muscle out and make it worse. Hope it heals fast kixie.
  22. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    If you use heat make sure it is moist heat. Reg dry heating pad will dry your muscle out and make it worse. Hope it heals fast kixie.
    Worse is bad. Do not want. The weatherman here said the weather was going to be 'juicy' this week. Fun way to describe the weather. Anyway, it looks like I'm gonna have to pick up some moist heat pads tomorrow.
    Squats do a booty good.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Worse is bad. Do not want. The weatherman here said the weather was going to be 'juicy' this week. Fun way to describe the weather. Anyway, it looks like I'm gonna have to pick up some moist heat pads tomorrow.
    U can use a wet towel on your back then a dry towel over that then a reg heating pad. Or you can buy a moist heating pad. Thermaphore makes one of the best.
  24. Professional Member
    Answers

U can use a wet towel on your back then a dry towel over that then a reg heating pad. Or you can buy a moist heating pad. Thermaphore makes one of the best.
    Ohhh thank ya. Good alternative. You've been dishing out some good tips lately, much appreciated C
    Squats do a booty good.
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Ohhh thank ya. Good alternative. You've been dishing out some good tips lately, much appreciated C
    You are welcome. I have my moments. Besides a thermaphore is $80-$100.
  26. Professional Member
    Answers

You are welcome. I have my moments. Besides a thermaphore is $80-$100.
    No kidding. Okay yup, I just looked it up. I may have to get creative.
    Squats do a booty good.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

No kidding. Okay yup, I just looked it up. I may have to get creative.
    Good deal. I hope it helps you. Try some light stretching after 15min.
  28. Professional Member
    Answers

Good deal. I hope it helps you. Try some light stretching after 15min.
    Plan to tomorrow. Do you think isolating the right side with light db work would be okay?
    Squats do a booty good.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I would lay off any lat work at least 1-2 days depending on how it feels. Use the heat a few times a day 15 min at a time, then stretch and or foam roll after each time.
  30. Professional Member
    Answers

I would lay off any lat work at least 1-2 days depending on how it feels. Use the heat a few times a day 15 min at a time, then stretch and or foam roll after each time.
    Hmmm I figured as much. I'll keep y'all updated.
    Squats do a booty good.
  31. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Hahaha juicy?? Well who doesnt like juicy!?! Was that slang for sunny or rainy? Lol
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Hahaha juicy?? Well who doesnt like juicy!?! Was that slang for sunny or rainy? Lol
    yes, juicy is not an adjective that would make me think of the weather....
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Answers

You haven't spent enough time in Seattle.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    that would be "dreary", not juicy
    soggy..wet..blech
    juicy = tastefully moist
  35. Professional Member
    Answers

Haha, I like juicy. Except the sweats with the word 'juicy' written on the butt... Are we still talking about the weather? I'm pretty sure he meant rainy...juicy rain. The sequel to chocolate rain.

Perhaps he was thinking out of the box. Those crazy weather men.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Nope. I haven't. You mad? Haha

that would be "dreary", not juicy
    soggy..wet..blech
    juicy = tastefully moist
    ^ Wordsmith.
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Perhaps he was thinking out of the box.
    yes - I was certainly thinking in the box, myself....
    sorry
  37. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Haha, I like juicy. Except the sweats with the word 'juicy' written on the butt... Are we still talking about the weather? I'm pretty sure he meant rainy...juicy rain. The sequel to chocolate rain.
    Im not so sure what were talking about anymore! Haha
  38. Professional Member
    Answers

WED LOG

DB Floor Press
    3x10

DB Floor Press Neutral Grip
    3x10

DB Floor Press Iso Hold
    3x10

DB Fly
    3x10

BB Curl 21's
    2 sets

Cross Body Hammer Curls
    2x10

+Core

Jump Rope Skipping (5 rounds)
    2 min on/1 min off

Total time: 15 min

Treadmill Incline LISS

Total time: 15 min

Good workout today. Let my legs and back rest because they are still super sore. I was considering doing shoulders as well but my traps were way sore as well, not sure why. I decided against that which is okay because cardio was on like donkey kong. Cardio felt strong but I almost dry heaved during jump rope. Tuna was probably a bad idea.

Took 2 ALC+CLA with brekkie and 2 with dinner. Going to have some BCAA'S+SAA'S before bed time.
    Squats do a booty good.
  39. Professional Member
    Answers

yes - I was certainly thinking in the box, myself....
    sorry
    You're fine, snagz.

Im not so sure what were talking about anymore! Haha
    Very important matters.
    Squats do a booty good.
  40. Professional Member
    Answers

Midnight Hour Question:

What is a song that you secretly love but wouldn't tell anyone you actually know?
    Squats do a booty good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. FinaFlex provides an APPLE FUSION reaction BCAA/SAA
    By mustang0341 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 01:55 PM
  2. DS's Sponsored FinaFlex BCAA+SAA Review+Log
    By DipStrong in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 08:57 PM
  3. A scoop a day keeps muscle soreness away with BCAA+SAA
    By cumminslifter in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 07:41 PM
  4. Finaflex keeps Mkretz in growth mode with BCAA+SAA!!
    By mkretz in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
  5. KleensQueen Kleens House with FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE & ALC+CLA (Sponsored)
    By KleensQueen in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 556
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 01:07 PM