FINA[be]FLEXing with Finaflex BCAA/SAA + CLA

Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last

1. Back from tennis today. Beautiful out. At times the wind picked up a bit. If I keep this up I'm gonna be African by next week. Before I left I mixed 1 scoop BCAA + SAA with 20 oz of water. Keeps me hydrated during my game. Also dosed 2 ALC+CLA with my breakfast this morning.

I'm thinking of hitting Triceps tonight and... I don't know what else. Legs and back are out of the question. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to drop them here!

2. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Back from tennis today. Beautiful out. At times the wind picked up a bit. If I keep this up I'm gonna be African by next week. Before I left I mixed 1 scoop BCAA + SAA with 20 oz of water. Keeps me hydrated during my game. Also dosed 2 ALC+CLA with my breakfast this morning.

I'm thinking of hitting Triceps tonight and... I don't know what else. Legs and back are out of the question. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to drop them here!
    Arms and abs?...
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Arms and abs?...
    Biceps? I'll have to reference your log. I have no idea where to start with bi's. And I know I need to hit my core more often. It's just my least favorite thing to do. Next to LISS.

Also, should I eat sushi tonight?! I was going to wait until tomorrow but...

4. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Biceps? I'll have to reference your log. I have no idea where to start with bi's. And I know I need to hit my core more often. It's just my least favorite thing to do. Next to LISS.

Any time is a good time for sushi lol. If you were going to have it tomorrow why not today?
    SNS REP

5. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post

Id say eat the sushi tonight. A good tennis cardio session today amd if you hit tris or arms tonight your going to need to refuel!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

6. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Any time is a good time for sushi lol. If you were going to have it tomorrow why not today?
    True. Not many places around here with good sushi. Bet it's way better on the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Id say eat the sushi tonight. A good tennis cardio session today amd if you hit tris or arms tonight your going to need to refuel!
    I was going to wait until tomorrow, my rest day, to carb up. But you do make a good point.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    True. Not many places around here with good sushi. Bet it's way better on the West Coast.

I was going to wait until tomorrow, my rest day, to carb up. But you do make a good point.
    There are a lot of good sushi bars out here
    SNS REP

8. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    There are a lot of good sushi bars out here
    I know! I had sushi/japanese for the 1st time in Sacramento years back.

9. there is a great place up there called Makunies (I know trhe spelling on that is off) but its great food!
    SNS REP

10. there is a great place up there called Makunies (I know the spelling on that is off) but its great food!
    SNS REP
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    there is a great place up there called Makunies (I know the spelling on that is off) but its great food!
    Sounds like a good idea. Next time I'm out that way I'll have to drop by.

12. SAT LOG (yesterday)

BW Bench Dips

DB Tricep Extensions
    3x12x12x12

DB Skull Crushers
    3x10x10x10

RB Tricep Pushdowns
    3x15x15x15

DB Concentration Curls
    2x10x10

BB Curls
    2x10x10

Did a round cardio, finished the day with arms, and then had some sushi. Didn't go crazy though. When I used to do dips regularly, I could do feet elevated bench dips no problem, so I am slowly working my way back up. Once I can get to 15 per set I'll be trying that again. Also increased weights on db tricep extensions. Added weight to each set. Overall, I feel my triceps are getting stronger with each and every workout. Win.

13. Great workout! Those bench dips are no joke. A little thing i like to dobwoth bench dips is once i push up i rock back slowly, slightly putting more weight onto my tris and this causes them to contract harder. Wheewww does it cause a huge pump!

I bet the sushi was good! Overall sounds like a very productive day.

14. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Great workout! Those bench dips are no joke. A little thing i like to dobwoth bench dips is once i push up i rock back slowly, slightly putting more weight onto my tris and this causes them to contract harder. Wheewww does it cause a huge pump!

I bet the sushi was good! Overall sounds like a very productive day.
    Thanks GT! It was productive indeed. Had to be in order to eat the way I did, lol, otherwise I would have been too guilt ridden the whole day.

Interesting. So you rock back, and then lower yourself down?

15. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Thanks GT! It was productive indeed. Had to be in order to eat the way I did, lol, otherwise I would have been too guilt ridden the whole day.

Interesting. So you rock back, and then lower yourself down?
    I know the guilt feeling lol.

Yup rock back and then once you feel them contract move a bit forward ( or your backside may hit the bench) and lower yourseld down and then do it again.

16. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I know the guilt feeling lol.

Yup rock back and then once you feel them contract move a bit forward ( or your backside may hit the bench) and lower yourseld down and then do it again.
    I used to beat myself up over it, like did I work out hard enough that day to be eating what I'm eating. I'm better with it nowadays. "I can't have this" has slowly turned into "I choose not to". It's a better mindset to have.

Thanks for the detailed tips! I would have done it wrong. I'm more visual when it comes to these type of things.

17. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I used to beat myself up over it, like did I work out hard enough that day to be eating what I'm eating. I'm better with it nowadays. "I can't have this" has slowly turned into "I choose not to". It's a better mindset to have.

Thanks for the detailed tips! I would have done it wrong. I'm more visual when it comes to these type of things.
    Yea i used to be that way as well. Its definitely a much better mindset to have.

No problem, if you decide to try it let me know what you think!

18. Hey kixie, when doing bench dips use the end of the bench so your palms are facing each other. Palms facing back places the shoulder joints in an unnatural position and will cause probs after a while. I agree with the rocking back part to get good contraction. Jst my 2cents.

19. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    Hey kixie, when doing bench dips use the end of the bench so your palms are facing each other. Palms facing back places the shoulder joints in an unnatural position and will cause probs after a while. I agree with the rocking back part to get good contraction. Jst my 2cents.
    Good looking out. Thank you, C.

20. MON LOG

AM:

50sec/20sec/10sec rest

Jump rope / Knee Pushups
    Jump rope / Lateral jumps
    Jump rope / Lizard Hops
    Jump rope / Jumping lunge
    Jump rope / High knees
    Jump rope / Star jumps

30 min incline treadmill LISS

PM:

Warm up:
    Reverse BB Lunges
    1x10

X-band side walks
    1x10

Front Squats
    45x10
    60x10
    70x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10
    80x10

Single Leg Glute Bridge + Bench Tricep Dips (SS)
    3x10

Woke up and mixed 1 scoop BCAA+SAA with 15 oz of water before A.M. cardio. I feel like I'm getting more conditioned because this particular jump rope workout gets a little easier to do each time, whether it be performing more reps or jump roping faster than the last time. Also took 2 ALC+CLA with brekkie and lunch. Today I'll take 2 more with dinner.

Such a long P.M workout today...Rest periods were also longer than usual in order to keep up with the pace. I prefer to keep cardio separate on Squat days because it has a tendency to effect my PM workouts, which I don't like, but I'm trying to up the intensity a bit today after my carb up this weekend. Added +5lbs from last week for 10x10.

Warm ups were just meh. Felt like I was coming out of the hole too slow, but fixed that by the 2nd working set and got into a nice tempo. Knees were feeling beat around the 7th set as well, giving me the middle finger, but I was determined to get all 10 sets in. The last set was def the hardest since energy was waning at that point. I hit 8 reps and had to rack the barbell. Took a few breaths to compose myself, unracked the weight and finished the 2 reps.

Thanks for the tips GT and Wicked! I pushed my palms more inward and contracted my tri's like you suggested and def felt it more. Needless to say, I am tired now.

21. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Warm ups were just meh.
    these days, I feel that same myself more often than not..
    but then (like you) a set or three into things I pick up steam like an outta control runaway freight train!
    and that's what it's all about - great work going on in here (love me some rope jumping!)

22. Restless night after my intense workout last night, even after eating and stretching. Convincing myself that if I had a tempurpedic I wouldn't know these restless feels...

On another note, I am experiencing discomfort on the left side of the latissimus dorsi and have been for a week now. It happened last Sunday after doing some light rows for high reps. I actually didn't feel anything until the middle of that night when the pain woke me up. Forced out of bed and tried foam rolling and stretching it and that did very little. Over the course of the next few days I would get it massaged, ICY HOT, foam roll it, and use a lacross ball across my lats and whole upper back. That seemed to temporarily alleviate the discomfort but it still lingers and has been persistent. It is more sensitive on some days, so it's almost impossible to foam roll my left side now without some discomfort. I feel it most when laying down to sleep and when inhaling it feels like there is slight pressure pushing against my lat, as if I had been punched really hard there. Best way I can describe it. I don't think it is spinal, but rather muscle pain. I am worried because I have backed off any heavy back workouts for a week now and my next one is scheduled for Wednesday. However, I don't want to chance it if it's something serious. Any advice is appreciated.

This diagram pinpoints the exact area where I feel the discomfort, in the latissimus dorsi region.

23. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    these days, I feel that same myself more often than not..
    but then (like you) a set or three into things I pick up steam like an outta control runaway freight train!
    and that's what it's all about - great work going on in here (love me some rope jumping!)
    Precisely the same for me. The second or third set is where I start to loosen up and things get nasty....warm ups and first set are actually feeling a bit rough these days. I have good power though and that sees me through. I think joint problems are mainly tendons and they take time to warm up, this is where the difficulty seems to be for me and warm ups.

24. If foam rolling, ice and massage isn't helping them I would see my Dr. I definitely would skip my heavy back day as well. One missed session isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme. We're in a marathon not a sprint Get fixed up
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    a marathon not a sprint
    I wish more ppl would grasp this concept
    alas - the generalized mentality of "change and progress" in our sport tends to drive the majority with expectations of immediate response..
    and the damn noobs - well they think it's easy and requires no effort, just like these silly advertisements for junk miracle pill products on late night tv tell them

26. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    alas - the generalized mentality of "change and progress" in our sport tends to drive the majority with expectations of immediate response..
    and the damn noobs - well they think it's easy and requires no effort, just like these silly advertisements for junk miracle pill products on late night tv tell them
    They are closer to exercise in a pill. That will be great! Bring on the McDonald's cheat meals!

27. I think it's a hyperextended/strained lat muscle. I can walk around, sit, work other body parts without pain. No lower back pain either. I'll keep it under close supervision. It'll disrupt my training schedule, however, 2 or 3 missed back workouts ain't gonna kill me, especially if it means it will heal and be even stronger. Not gonna lie, it is bumming me out quite a bit. No deadlifts this week! I am starting to ice it several times a day and will implement some side planks a few times a day to strengthen my core as well.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    If foam rolling, ice and massage isn't helping them I would see my Dr. I definitely would skip my heavy back day as well. One missed session isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme. We're in a marathon not a sprint Get fixed up
    Don't think I'll be running/sprinting anytime this week. Gonna have to find other alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I still consider myself a noob, but I'm not expecting immediate progress. I understand your sentiment though. Injuries suck but they do make us smarter for the next time around.

29. Extra serving or two of bcaa should help

30. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I think it's a hyperextended/strained lat muscle. I can walk around, sit, work other body parts without pain. No lower back pain either. I'll keep it under close supervision. It'll disrupt my training schedule, however, 2 or 3 missed back workouts ain't gonna kill me, especially if it means it will heal and be even stronger. Not gonna lie, it is bumming me out quite a bit. No deadlifts this week! I am starting to ice it several times a day and will implement some side planks a few times a day to strengthen my core as well.
    Sometimes this happens to me whenever i contract to hard. I usualy stretch it out and give it a couple days. Although yours sounds different id try to slowly and gently stretch it out and skip a couple workouts.

Similar Forum Threads

1. FinaFlex provides an APPLE FUSION reaction BCAA/SAA
    By mustang0341 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM
  2. DS's Sponsored FinaFlex BCAA+SAA Review+Log
    By DipStrong in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 10:57 PM
  3. A scoop a day keeps muscle soreness away with BCAA+SAA
    By cumminslifter in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 09:41 PM
  4. Finaflex keeps Mkretz in growth mode with BCAA+SAA!!
    By mkretz in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM
  5. KleensQueen Kleens House with FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE & ALC+CLA (Sponsored)
    By KleensQueen in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 556
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 03:07 PM