Jim Stimul8s his muscles!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. In jimmy crack corn

2. Sorry buddy, I don't ever cook them that much! However, they did get a little more charred than I would have liked, stayed nice and red on the inside, but I definitely over did it with the charcoal today. Oh well, still tasted good. They were eaten with Mashed Taters, Homemade Mac N' Cheese, and Buttered sweet corn, along with the staple Strawberry Milk.

Anyway, was training ME Deads today. The strength just wasn't there, was hoping to get around 350 for my double, but.....it just wasn't happening. Not with good form anyway. Got a few sets on video, some were good, some not so good. I watched them between sets to try to fix the issues I noticed, the 315s were bad, 275 not as much. My set up on 345 looked better (to me atleast) but the hips rose a little (a lot) more than I would have liked at the beginning so I dumped it and lowered weight. 335s were good (according to the experience eye of Mike, but I didn't get to see them myself), but they definitely FELT right. Sat back more at the beginning, shins vertical, and pulling up and back. But, they were HARD. Way harder than the 335x5 I did a few weeks ago. I noted a lot of the issues that I saw in my video descriptions.

Disclaimer: If you don't DL about 600# Raw, I will not listen to your form critiques. I can get better critiques elsewhere so keep your opinions/experience to yourself. (Obviously a joke, some will understand)

Yesterday I pulled a 24 hour guard duty, around 2200 we played a little football (in ACUs of course). It was only 2 on 2 and it probably took about 1.5-2 hours. Was fun, but definitely had an effect on what I did today. Got home around 1030 and went to sleep around 1115. Alarm woke me up at 1500 and I started my day, ate some pasta at 1530 or so. Left for the gym at 1730 with a protein shake and some honey before leaving.

Pre: 1 Scoop Stimul8 (as I pulled into the gym)
    Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA mix

Warm-Up: Band Resist HF Stretch, Foam Roll ITB/Adductor/Hammies, Sumo DL x 45 x 5, x 95 x 2, x 135 x 2, Con. DL: 135 x 2, 185 x 2, 225 x 2

Con. DL: 275 x 2, 315 x 2 (+belt), 345x0 (bail), 335 x 2 (+belt)

275: http://youtu.be/mv7_A76_mAM
    315: http://youtu.be/5GDi-DOO2gc
    345: http://youtu.be/l4AC-2pD7ZE

Note: In my warmup I did some sumo DL, this is not for any particular reason, I only did them as I was teaching my wife sumo. I expect she will ultimately be better, and more comfortable sumo pulling. She already squats narrow, so it won't be too much for the hips (hopefully). And if you are wondering, I have no intentions of sumo pulling, not because I don't think I will be good with that technique (I actually expect that it would be stronger), but because I squat wide and don't want to stress my hips too that degree because I don't believe I have the time to take care of them with that much strain. So for now, and possibly indefinitely, I will pull conventional.

45 Deg. Hyper: BWx20x3
    Trap Bar Shrugs: 185x15, 205x15, 225x15
    DB Rows (strict): 50x10, 55x10, 60x10
    Face Pulls: 100x12, 100x15, 100x12+3
    BB Curl: 45 x 15

Done.

The hypers felt good, I had a ton of energy and my focus was on point. But, the strength just wasn't there for the DL's today. The assistance was better, but it definitely wasn't my best day in the gym (understandably so). Overall, I am not displeased with the session. I am annoyed that I was having so many issues with the technique today, I don't usually have that much of a problem, and I can't understand why I did today. Whatever, there is always next time.

Still ended up with 335x2, which is a decent set for me. Overall, I am feeling pretty good. Ate a nice big meal and I'm feeling better. Weight was down to 172.6 when I woke up this morning, and I am certain that I was moderately dehydrated when I stepped into the gym this morning. Was sweating a lot today and yesterday.
    •   

3. Experience any cold chills? Also how was breathing today? Might have missed those points.... (I speed read)
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Experience any cold chills? Also how was breathing today? Might have missed those points.... (I speed read)
    Don't have anything to report with that.

Have others experienced cold chills?

Breathing was smooth today, no issues.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Don't have anything to report with that.

Have others experienced cold chills?

Breathing was smooth today, no issues.
    A couple have had cold chills yes. Most likely from sweating profusely and standing in the ac though

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

A couple have had cold chills yes. Most likely from sweating profusely and standing in the ac though
    My gym doesn't run the AC very high, I've been sweating more than usual.

Was today actually, now that I mention it. But no issues with cold chills.

7. Alrighty just curious. Looks good so far!

8. Didn't get on the comp to post up my update yesterday, so here it is.

D6W1 Event Day

Pre: .5 Scoop Stimul8
    Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA

Warmup: Nothing, gym was closing in 1 hour after arriving. So I had to get set up and get started.

SSB Yoke Carry: 205 x 60yds, 245 x 60yds, 265 x 60yds
    Note: This is the first time I've ever done these, was supposed to do 4 sets but decided to move on because of the time. Had issues with shortness of breath during these, it was extremely noticeable. Some of that may have been because of the set up and the whole crushing weight on my shoulders thing (exaggerating, they weren't that heavy) but I was definitely short of breath. Sweating like a pig as well.

Trap Bar Farmers Carry: 245 x 60yds x 2
    Sweating a lot, still short of breath. Not as bad but definitely was an issue as far as performance is concerned. Had tons of energy though, and focus was improved.

Stone Load Series: 115 (shoulder height), 135 (chest), 155 (rib cage), 165 (abdomen), -- (at this point I realized that I was done. Wasn't gonna be able to get that last load and had to start clearing out)

Stone Load: --

Cliffs: Lots of energy, good focus, shortness of breath, lots of sweat, decent workout (time factors).

9. Today was rep squats, they were brutal. Tried to focus on external rotation, my shins didn't stay vertical but it was easier to get down without as much forward lean (at least on the warmups when I was focusing more on it).

D1W2 / Cube For Strongman / Rep Squats

Pre: 1 Stimul8
    Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA

Warmup: Banded External Rotation, LAX Ball Glute/ITB/Calf, More stuff that I can't remember....

LBBS 95x10, 135x8, 185x5, 225x3, 275x3 (belt)

Workset: 310x10 (belt+wraps) Might could have gotten 12 or maybe a few more, but the pressure was building up and I needed to stop lol, form looked like it was going south anyway.

Bulgarian Split Squat: 135x5 (couldn't balance)
    Lunges: 135x8x2

Good Morning: 135x15, 155x15
    Kroc Row: 100x16 (had to set them down in between reps starting around 11, grip was failing so I had to take them 1 at a time. Didn't rest though)

Calf Raise: 140x25x2, 140x21 +4 (short pause, then did the last 4)

Notes: Was pouring sweat throughout the whole workout, ended up soaked by the time I was done. Legs were shaky at the end of the squat set, and I ended up having to lay down lol. Balance was a major issue after the squats and I couldn't do the bulgarians. Glutes and hammies are fried, definitely going to be feeling that tomorrow. Had a good set on the kroc rows, I've never done them at that weight for that kind of reps, but was still hoping for 20ish. Tons of focus and energy, but I was definitely feeling short of breath after that set of squats, which is becoming a theme lol! I feel like I will be using a little bit less than a full scoop when I get my own bottle.

10. If you wish, try a smaller scoop next time. I think that will be fine. The point is to INCREASE performance and if it is in fact the Stimul8 causing the shortness of breath back the dose off a bit. I think we have a good handle on how you tolerate a full dose...seeing what your sweet spot is and how you react is the next step

11. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    If you wish, try a smaller scoop next time. I think that will be fine. The point is to INCREASE performance and if it is in fact the Stimul8 causing the shortness of breath back the dose off a bit. I think we have a good handle on how you tolerate a full dose...seeing what your sweet spot is and how you react is the next step
    It only is an issue with stuff that gets me really sucking wind (like rep work/HIIT) its been great at 1 for speed and I liked 1 for ME as well.

This was my first real taxing rep day so I wanted to see how 1 scoop went.

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It only is an issue with stuff that gets me really sucking wind (like rep work/HIIT) its been great at 1 for speed and I liked 1 for ME as well.

This was my first real taxing rep day so I wanted to see how 1 scoop went.
    Isn't the point to be winded then? carry on fine sir

13. Went in today and did my ME movement of the week. This week was OHP, and I was doing the Push Press. I weighed in this morning at 177, so I'm gaining consistently. Probably gonna hold squat at ~180 for a couple of months (2-3) and see how strong I can get and then continue gaining weight. Wanting to get to around 195-200 this year, if possible, so yeah.

Only took 3/4 scoop today, and I had a great workout with it.

Pre: 3/4 scoop Stimul8
    Intra: Water

Warm-Up: Band Pull Apart, Y Pull Apart, Band Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates, Band "No Monies", LAX Ball Upper Back/Pec Minor/Delts/Bicep, Band Tricep Ext, Band Cross Body Curls, Band Bradford Press

Light Pull Aparts in between sets.

Strict OHP: 45x8, 75x6, 95x4
    Push Press: 135x3, 185x1 (PR, and actual goal for today), 205xF, 205xF (Couldn't quite lock it out, stupid weak triceps. 185 was easy, 205 not happening)

Lying Tricep Ext.: 30x8x2, 30x5 (a little pain in my left elbow)

Inc. Bench: 115x10, 135x10, 135x7

Band Pushdown: 1 Arm MMx10x2 / Both arms MM (2 knots) x10, MM(3 knots) x10 (AVG was too heavy today, tri's were done)

6 Ways: 10x12x3 (these were awful)

Had a good workout, really enjoyed the 3/4 scoop today. Didn't sweat nearly as much as I had been the last couple of days. No shortness of breath but I still had just as much energy and focus, which is a great thing. Was moving fast today, might need to start up with the cissus again, starting to have elbow issues (which has never been an issue). Knees are a little sore, which happens when it gets wet outside (like it has been the last couple of days). Didn't get to the agility work yesterday, because it was pissing rain outside. Probably better anyway, the hammies and glutes are SORE....got explosive deadlifts tomorrow, expecting a good day.

14. So 3/4 is a good dose for Jim Ford. Awesome

15. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Ford.
    CHEVY!

16. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    So 3/4 is a good dose for Jim Ford. Awesome
    I expected it to be.

I kinda miss the sweat though honestly.

17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    CHEVY!
    Fact. It is a Chevy now.

18. My apologise.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    My apologise.
    Lol not a big deal, I prefer Ford.

But the Chevy was for sale

20. So, did you find a contest nearby?

21. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    So, did you find a contest nearby?
    Not yet. Although, I hadn't checked in a few weeks.

22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Not yet. Although, I hadn't checked in a few weeks.
    What class you want to compete in?
    OLYMPUS UK REP

23. For my first, just whatever weight I come in at.

Ultimately, probably 198.

Or, just get super stacked and compete SHW.

24. Went in today and did some Speed Deadlift work. Took 3/4 scoop again, and the sweat was back in FULL FORCE.

I was flying today, all told I spend about an hour and a half in the gym. 40 Minutes of Warmup and mobility and knocked the actual workout out in a little under an hour.

D4W2 Speed DL

Pre: 3/4 Stimul8

Warmup: Foam Roll ITB/Add./Quad, LAX Ball Glute/Calf (tight from squats, took some extra time with all of this), Band Hip Extensions, Assisted Hip Opening, Deficit DL 45x10, 135x8

Deficit Deads (standing on 45# plate): 185 x 1 x 8 (30 second between sets)

Good Morning: 185x8x2, 205x8
    Yates Row: 155x8, 185x8x2
    Pull Ups: BWx10x2, BWx7
    DB Shrugs: 80x15, 90x15x2
    Band Pull Apart: MMx12x3
    BB Curl: Bar x24

Was sweating again today. Not sure what was different about today and yesterday (might have been dehydrated yesterday ). Regardless, great workout. Felt strong, got off work late but took the 3/4 scoop and had a ton of energy and focus by the time my warmup was done.

25. Probably water intake during the day. Killing it jim. Good work bud

26. Sweat. Lots of it.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130627_223703.png
Views: 29
Size:  389.2 KB

Lats.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130627_223740.png
Views: 27
Size:  318.0 KB

27. 3/4?!

THREE FOURTHS?!!

WHAT IS...I DON'T EVEN...

28. Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    3/4?!

THREE FOURTHS?!!

WHAT IS...I DON'T EVEN...
    Lol I prefer 3/4. Makes the tub last longer too!

29. I read that as "deficient deads" when I was looking at ifirst, was like wth are those??

yup yup - good stuff man, solid session!

30. Had 24hr duty again last night. It wasn't CQ, so I was able to get a solid 5 hours sleep, which isn't awful. Hit the gym today for my Event Day, they were brutal....

D6W2 Event Day

Pre: 1/2 scoop Stimul8

Warmup: Foam Roll Glute/Quad/ITB/Medialis/Add., Hip Mobility drills, Arm Over Arm Sled Pull: 90x10yds, 180x10yds, 270x10yds, 360x10yds

Arm Over Arm Pull: 540# (+sled) x 30yds

Sled Pulls: 540# (+sled) x 30yds

Medley:
    Front Carry: 140 (+Apparatus) x 30yds
    Backward Sled Drags: 360# (+sled) x 30yds

Awful. Dead tired, soaked in sweat, out of breath (but not short of breath). Great session. This 540 x 30 was harder than my last pull of that, but this Arm Over Arm was much heavier than I had ever done before. Turned around at ~15yds for the pull, which made them harder because I lost all of my momentum and had to get it going from a dead stop again. I have video of it, will upload that later tonight.

For now, downing my OxyElite Protein, showering, and heading out to get my wife a new phone.

Knees are a little sore right now, but besides that I'm feeling good. :bigthumbup:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quintal89 is Marinading his muscles!! (Sponsored Log)
    By quintal89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 12:54 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 01:32 PM
  3. For Sale: CE2 Hi-Def BIG BOTTLE (Muscle Builders)
    By Jasen in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM