Swanson's Fatboy DCP2.0 Log

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    My 20 year offseason bulk is about to pay off!
    hah! do it to it, big guy!

2. Haha...always bulking!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    Haha...always bulking!
    It's the tastiest way to live.

4. I'm going to order another bottle if this, and log an extended run as I've shifted gears mid-bottle. I want this to fully represent what DCP is capable of while pursuing an aggressive fat loss plan.

There has been a change, but a recent event has fully made my decision for me. Since 2011 I've been battling cardiomyopathy after a mild cardiac event 7/11. Since then I've managed through use of cpap and prescription meds. With no change in cardiac function, I was taken off the meds in 2012 and left with just aspirin and cpap.

On Saturday night I started getting painful peripheral edema in my left leg, accompanied by chest tightness, nausea and shortness of breath. I was taken to ER by ambulance and after all the BS tests they determined it is/was congestive heart failure.

I'll be getting back on some different meds, I've been directed to lose 50+ pounds, eat better, etc. I ran my training protocol and my supps by the cardiologist and she was OK with all of it, so my plan that was in place is good to go.

SO...as of TODAY, we're getting peeled, kids. That's the plan, hope you stick around because I'm about to f.ck this up.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I'm going to order another bottle if this, and log an extended run as I've shifted gears mid-bottle. I want this to fully represent what DCP is capable of while pursuing an aggressive fat loss plan. There has been a change, but a recent event has fully made my decision for me. Since 2011 I've been battling cardiomyopathy after a mild cardiac event 7/11. Since then I've managed through use of cpap and prescription meds. With no change in cardiac function, I was taken off the meds in 2012 and left with just aspirin and cpap. On Saturday night I started getting painful peripheral edema in my left leg, accompanied by chest tightness, nausea and shortness of breath. I was taken to ER by ambulance and after all the BS tests they determined it is/was congestive heart failure. I'll be getting back on some different meds, I've been directed to lose 50+ pounds, eat better, etc. I ran my training protocol and my supps by the cardiologist and she was OK with all of it, so my plan that was in place is good to go. SO...as of TODAY, we're getting peeled, kids. That's the plan, hope you stick around because I'm about to f.ck this up.
    I'll be here, boss. Let's do this!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I'm going to order another bottle if this, and log an extended run as I've shifted gears mid-bottle. I want this to fully represent what DCP is capable of while pursuing an aggressive fat loss plan.

There has been a change, but a recent event has fully made my decision for me. Since 2011 I've been battling cardiomyopathy after a mild cardiac event 7/11. Since then I've managed through use of cpap and prescription meds. With no change in cardiac function, I was taken off the meds in 2012 and left with just aspirin and cpap.

On Saturday night I started getting painful peripheral edema in my left leg, accompanied by chest tightness, nausea and shortness of breath. I was taken to ER by ambulance and after all the BS tests they determined it is/was congestive heart failure.

I'll be getting back on some different meds, I've been directed to lose 50+ pounds, eat better, etc. I ran my training protocol and my supps by the cardiologist and she was OK with all of it, so my plan that was in place is good to go.

SO...as of TODAY, we're getting peeled, kids. That's the plan, hope you stick around because I'm about to f.ck this up.
    Wow. I'll be following brother
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

7. Without a doubt I'll be here following along! 50 lbs won't be easy, but you can do it! Happy to hear the all clear with your cardiologist to keep running your supplements! Get um Swanson!

8. Thanks for the well-wishes, men. I appreciate it. This will certainly be new territory for me.

So I was a day behind-I was simply mentally drained yesterday and pretty much slept all day.

Took it easy under the watchful eye if nursewife today, but still got a crazy leg pump.

Long ass warm up. 20-30'

LYING LEG CURL
    4x8, last set I finished with 25 bottom range partials to get things flowing.

SQUAT
    135, 185, 225
    225x6x2
    Add 20# chains x6
    Add 20# chains x6
    Add 20# chains x6

LEG PRESS
    Plan calls for escalating set, but I was by myself for these, so I did 3/4 reps; full bottom but no top lockout
    3ppsx20x2

DB SLDL
    2 sets of 15

Finished with about a 10' walk, but my legs were really pumped so I just called it.

Nothing earth-shattering but I tried to take it easy. I guess the poundages really don't matter at this point...still wrapping my head around that.

9. Rear delt destroyer, you're a MOTHER****ER.

Heavy chest/shoulder day. Feels good, man. I took it easy again with weight, just worked on strict form, feeling the muscle, and good tension.

El Warm Up

SLIGHT INCLINE DB PRESS
    90x8
    100x8
    110x8
    120x8

LADDER PUSH UP
    2 sets to failure

CAGE PRESS
    These were uncomfortable for the bad shoulder, so I went LIGHT
    95x8x4

INCLINE BB PRESS
    Constant tension-stopped ~2" from chest, stopped short of lockout
    225x6x3

SEATED DB LATERAL RAISE
    I'll admit, even as strong as my shoulders are, I've ALWAYS cheated these, if I did them at all. I did these seated, very much focused on contraction and slow negative. BURNERS, disregard little girl weight.
    30x12x4

REAR DELT DESTROYER
    Apropos name
    60x60/30/15
    Jesus these burn.

Done. Heart didn't explode so it's a good session.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Rear delt destroyer, you're a MOTHER****ER.

Heavy chest/shoulder day. Feels good, man. I took it easy again with weight, just worked on strict form, feeling the muscle, and good tension.

El Warm Up

SLIGHT INCLINE DB PRESS
    90x8
    100x8
    110x8
    120x8

LADDER PUSH UP
    2 sets to failure

CAGE PRESS
    These were uncomfortable for the bad shoulder, so I went LIGHT
    95x8x4

INCLINE BB PRESS
    Constant tension-stopped ~2" from chest, stopped short of lockout
    225x6x3

SEATED DB LATERAL RAISE
    I'll admit, even as strong as my shoulders are, I've ALWAYS cheated these, if I did them at all. I did these seated, very much focused on contraction and slow negative. BURNERS, disregard little girl weight.
    30x12x4

REAR DELT DESTROYER
    Apropos name
    60x60/30/15
    Jesus these burn.

Done. Heart didn't explode so it's a good session.
    love destroyers! you can do them bent forward, straight up or bent back. i like to do one set each way
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    love destroyers! you can do them bent forward, straight up or bent back. i like to do one set each way
    I do the face down on an incline bench version. I swear to God I've never gotten the pump/burn from any exercise like I do those. By the last set I was begging for mercy.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I do the face down on an incline bench version. I swear to God I've never gotten the pump/burn from any exercise like I do those. By the last set I was begging for mercy.
    I'll have to try that, sounds beast like.

13. Yesterday's sessions;

AM 30' LISS treadmill

PM BACK! Woohoo. I love training back.

ONE ARM BB ROWS
    Pretty solid 3-4 warm up sets then 4x8

SMITH MACHINE ROW
    Have never done these, very different muscle activation for me
    4 sets of 6 explosive reps

DB PULLOVER
    4x10, constant tension

CHAIN DL
    This is where I got excited
    135, 185, 225, 275x3, 315x3, 385x3
    +40# chain x 3
    +60# chain x 3x2
    +60# chain x 13 <<<<<puking grinder. Srsly, WTF. It was torturous but I felt great after I laid on the floor for 15 min or so.

I liked these because it evenly worked the entire lift due to accommodating resistance. I can lock out 700 from pins @ knees, but I can't break the floor with 635, so it was good to burn out the top & bottom at the same time.

Good session.

14. Yesterday

AM - Chest & shoulder pump
    warm up

HAMMER INCLINE
    4pps x12x4
    SS w/
    Band over & back

PEC MINOR DIPS
    +40x15x4
    I need to up the weight A LOT for these. I'm pretty strong with dip variations, and the super short ROM demands more weight
    SS w/
    Band over & back

DB BENT OVER LATERALS
    Did these on an incline bench
    20x15 full + 30 hang/swing reps x 4

J-CUP WALKS
    3 sets facing rack, 1 pathetic quivering set facing away.

PM

45' walk. Pretty hot, little short of breath by 30'. Should do cardio inside or when it's much cooler.

15. Today

Quick 30' walk @ 0500 while it was still cool.

SKIPLOAD. yesssss.

16. Legs

Longest warm up ever

LEG CURL
    12/10/8/6 drop set

SSB CHAIN SQUATS
    Really got these set up well, they felt good and the chain length was perfect.
    135, 185, 225
    275x6
    +40# chain x6
    +60# chain x6
    +80# chain x6
    Pretty light, but I was trying to really explode out of the hole.

BANDED LEG PRESS
    Constant tension, all done w/EFS avg band
    5ppsx8
    6ppsx8
    7ppsx8x2
    I have short legs, my ROM isn't **** so I can really bang out leg press. I should've gone heavier in retrospect.

1 1/4 HACK SQUATS
    Heels together, toes out.
    2ppsx10
    3ppsx8, 6
    2ppsx10, 8
    1ppsx12
    Fuuuuuuck you 1.25 hacks. Good God.

BB SLDL
    2 sets 15

Sick, nasty, limp-inducing pump.

17. Incredible workouts these past few days.

18. Damn Swanson, I go away for the weekend and come back to see you ABSOLUTELY DESTROYING your workouts. Good stuff, bud

19. Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    Incredible workouts these past few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    Damn Swanson, I go away for the weekend and come back to see you ABSOLUTELY DESTROYING your workouts. Good stuff, bud

Thanks, fellas. If I was 100% healthy I think I'd be able to push a bit harder, but I've been pretty happy with how things are going. Seems like the minute I cut some carbs my squats go to shyt though.

I'm sure it helps my sessions that it's a total change of pace, and I'm really having fun. Hell, I'm getting good sessions without any preworkout caffeine!

20. I tried to do the no stims pre-workout a few times, but working out at 5am is rough without them so I end up going back to the stims haha. Props to you, sir.

21. I knew it was coming; today was my "can't hit a home run every at bat" session. Not much focus, legs must've taken it out of me as I just don't feel fully recovered. But, on we plow.

Chest/Shoulders

I should've known it was gonna be rough when there was NOWHERE to foam roll/stretch, and not a band nor cable machine was empty. Did some broomstick stretching & push ups but that's about it for warm up.

DECLINE DB
    50, 60, 70, 80
    110x8x4
    Some of you may find this astonishing, but I've NEVER done a decline press. Not DB, not BB. Closest I get is dips I suppose. This was a strange and awkward exercise, but I got a crazy pump. No leg drive made it tough, plus I'm a poo-say.

INCLINE BB
    135, 185
    225x5x5 fast, explosive reps
    275x5
    275x6x3 <<<<Sling Shot
    I was supposed to do reverse band bench, but I'm staying off flat bench, bands were in use so I improvised.

BENT DB LATERAL SS W/FACE PULLS
    25x20x3 SS w/ some weightx12x3

CAGE PRESS w/Log (palms facing)
    110x5x5
    Felt ok, nothing special.

CHAIN PUSH UP
    3 failure sets.

Kefir & protein down, off to cardiologist.

22. Sweet. I need to pick up some more kefir. Good stuff.

23. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    Sweet. I need to pick up some more kefir. Good stuff.
    Keep meaning to try it but kefir-getting.

Lol.

24. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post

Lol.
    I fukkin lol'd in a meeting bastard!

That's funny ****.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post

I fukkin lol'd in a meeting bastard!

That's funny ****.
    Lol well now I feel like I accomplished something

26. I do find it interesting that you've never done the decline. It's the key to building the lower chest.

27. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post

Lol.
    hahaha very nice.

28. Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    I do find it interesting that you've never done the decline. It's the key to building the lower chest.
    I've always done weighted dips. However, declines are now in the rotation!

29. Yesterday, 2x45' LISS.

Today...back.

30. ready to see you crush the back!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nodda M-Drol Log Phatboy or FATBOY?
    By Nothingman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 04:36 PM
  2. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
  3. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info