BioCor's Stack, Put to the Test

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
After what seemed liked an eternity (it was actually a week), I'm finally starting my log of BioCor's Agmatine, Creatine, DivaMax and Citrulline Malate. A big thanks goes out to BioCor for allowing me the opportunity to log this awesome stack! This is my first time using BioCor supplements and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

As for me, I won't bore everyone with a long history as most are not really interested in that. However, I will say that I'm 38, I have been lifting since I was about 15-16 years old and I tend to use workout routines that most others are not doing. I guess you could say that I don't like following the crowd. Right now, I am in the beginning stages of changing the way I've almost always worked out. I have abandoned the common routine of working one or two muscles groups per workout/per week in favor of a traditional powerlifting routine, using compound exercises with the main goal of getting stronger. I have never followed a PL routine before and most would say that it is a bit late in the game to start, but that just motivates me to do it that much more. For the next 12 weeks or so, I will be following the routine made famous by Bill Starr, and later Glenn Pendlay, the 5 x 5 routine. In the next couple of posts, I will describe the 5 x 5 routine and philosophy as well as my personal goals. For now, I just wanted to get this log up and running and of course express my gratitude to BioCor for this opportunity

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
rdcopps...how do you plan on dosing?

if you need help of any kind just ask!!!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
BioCor - I'm glad I'm back and am ready to catch up with everyone else!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
thebigt -Tell me how this sounds:Divamax: everyday, one cap with each meal.Agmatine: everyday, one with breakfast and one with dinner (taken with Divamax)Citrulline: workout days about 30 minutes before workouts. most likely will go with 2 scoops. will adjust timing based on how and when I feel it during the workout.Creatine: somewhat undecided. definitely after workouts (5 grams) with my protein shakes. Haven't decided about non-workout days.What are your thoughts?

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
​thebigt -Tell me how this sounds
Divamax: everyday, one cap with each meal.
Agmatine: everyday, one with breakfast and one with dinner (taken with Divamax)
Citrulline: workout days about 30 minutes before workouts. most likely will go with 2 scoops. will adjust timing based on how and when I feel it during the workout.
Creatine: somewhat undecided. definitely after workouts (5 grams) with my protein shakes. Haven't decided about non-workout days.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the follow!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@thebigt -Tell me how this sounds:Divamax: everyday, one cap with each meal.Agmatine: everyday, one with breakfast and one with dinner (taken with Divamax)Citrulline: workout days about 30 minutes before workouts. most likely will go with 2 scoops. will adjust timing based on how and when I feel it during the workout.Creatine: somewhat undecided. definitely after workouts (5 grams) with my protein shakes. Haven't decided about non-workout days.What are your thoughts?
if it were me i would put creatine/citrulline/agmatine together with chrystal lite or some other flavoring and drink pre-workout...i also like to take a serving of agmatine and divamax before bed.

this is just me...the plan you laid out should also be just fine to give some great results!!!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
Thanks for the input. I'll have to play around with it and see how my body responds best.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input. I'll have to play around with it and see how my body responds best.
my pleasure to offer suggestions, but ultimately you need to find what best suits your needs!!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
​thebigt -Tell me how this sounds
Divamax: everyday, one cap with each meal.
Agmatine: everyday, one with breakfast and one with dinner (taken with Divamax)
Citrulline: workout days about 30 minutes before workouts. most likely will go with 2 scoops. will adjust timing based on how and when I feel it during the workout.
Creatine: somewhat undecided. definitely after workouts (5 grams) with my protein shakes. Haven't decided about non-workout days.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the follow!
i take divamax 3x/ day, each dose with a meal

citmal, agmatine, creatine i take all at once 30 min pre workout.

as far as creatine timing, it does not matter when you take it. its all about saturation. you can take it when u wake up, after workout, pre workout, bed time, whenever.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if it were me i would put creatine/citrulline/agmatine together with chrystal lite or some other flavoring and drink pre-workout...i also like to take a serving of agmatine and divamax before bed.

this is just me...the plan you laid out should also be just fine to give some great results!!!
hmm. never used agmatine at night. why do you do this? just curious

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
So yesterday, I hit the gym to get back into the swing of things. I hadn't been in the gym consistently for about 2 weeks due to work and then vacation. I plan on starting Monday on my new 5 x 5 routine, so I used yesterday as a moderate day to get my body primed for some heavier lifting come Monday.

I should also let everyone know that I train alone. It's been at least 6 years since I worked out with a partner. Personally, I've found it hard to find someone who has the same goals as myself and is willing to follow my training routines. Everyone always wants to do things their way, which usually isn't mine! Can't say that I blame them.

With that being said, I am no where near as strong as I think I should be. This is a big reason that I will be going to the 5 x 5 routine. The lifts in this routine will be squats, bench presses, dead lifts, rows, military presses and chins. The only modification I will make is to substitute bench presses for DB presses (I also don't like anyone spotting me).

With 5 x 5, I plan on working out Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will start every workout with squats and will be followed by either DB presses and Rows or Dead Lifts and MP/Chins. Some sets are straight sets of 5, all with the same weight and others are ramped up sets finishing the last set with my max weight at 5 reps. I will go into more detail later.

As far as my workout yesterday, this is how it went:

Squats

Warmup - 135 x 8, 185 x 5
Set 1 - 205 x 5
Set 2 - 225 x 5
Set 3 - 245 x 5
Set 4 - 260 x 5

I also want to point out that I go well below parallel on squats. I don't quite get down to my ankles, but I'm not far off either. Since going to this type of squat, as opposed to parallel or almost parallel, I have found that I no longer have knee issues and my lower back does not hurt.

DB Presses

Warmup - 135 x 8 (Used a BB), 135 x 6
Set 1 - 75 x 5
Set 2 - 85 x 5
Set 3 - 95 x 5
Set 4 - 100 x 5

Pendlay Rows

Warmup - 95 x 8
Set 1 - 105 x 5
Set 2 - 135 x 5
Set 3 - 155 x 5
Set 4 - 175 x 5

Pleased with the workout. I cut out the 5th set on all exercises. I didn't want to be too gung-ho my first day back in the gym. I have a spreadsheet that I will use that will lay out all the weights I will be using for the next 12 weeks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hmm. never used agmatine at night. why do you do this? just curious
i feel it increases my recovery...dinoii recommended a bed time dose back when blue print 1st came out. been dosing agmatine that way ever since.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So yesterday, I hit the gym to get back into the swing of things. I hadn't been in the gym consistently for about 2 weeks due to work and then vacation. I plan on starting Monday on my new 5 x 5 routine, so I used yesterday as a moderate day to get my body primed for some heavier lifting come Monday.

I should also let everyone know that I train alone. It's been at least 6 years since I worked out with a partner. Personally, I've found it hard to find someone who has the same goals as myself and is willing to follow my training routines. Everyone always wants to do things their way, which usually isn't mine! Can't say that I blame them.

With that being said, I am no where near as strong as I think I should be. This is a big reason that I will be going to the 5 x 5 routine. The lifts in this routine will be squats, bench presses, dead lifts, rows, military presses and chins. The only modification I will make is to substitute bench presses for DB presses (I also don't like anyone spotting me).

With 5 x 5, I plan on working out Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will start every workout with squats and will be followed by either DB presses and Rows or Dead Lifts and MP/Chins. Some sets are straight sets of 5, all with the same weight and others are ramped up sets finishing the last set with my max weight at 5 reps. I will go into more detail later.

As far as my workout yesterday, this is how it went:

Squats

Warmup - 135 x 8, 185 x 5
Set 1 - 205 x 5
Set 2 - 225 x 5
Set 3 - 245 x 5
Set 4 - 260 x 5

I also want to point out that I go well below parallel on squats. I don't quite get down to my ankles, but I'm not far off either. Since going to this type of squat, as opposed to parallel or almost parallel, I have found that I no longer have knee issues and my lower back does not hurt.

DB Presses

Warmup - 135 x 8 (Used a BB), 135 x 6
Set 1 - 75 x 5
Set 2 - 85 x 5
Set 3 - 95 x 5
Set 4 - 100 x 5

Pendlay Rows

Warmup - 95 x 8
Set 1 - 105 x 5
Set 2 - 135 x 5
Set 3 - 155 x 5
Set 4 - 175 x 5

Pleased with the workout. I cut out the 5th set on all exercises. I didn't want to be too gung-ho my first day back in the gym. I have a spreadsheet that I will use that will lay out all the weights I will be using for the next 12 weeks.
over the years squats have taken their toll on my knees, glad you have found a way to reduce knee issues!!!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
I guess I always blindly followed the myth that deep squats were bad for your knees. However, after reading about deep squats distributing the load and stress to your hips and off your knees, it made sense to me. I wish I would've known this years ago. I actually stopped squatting a long, long time ago because my knees would always ache the following day.

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
Just a quick check in. Feeling pretty good this morning after yesterday's workout. I can feel a little bit in my legs, but nothing that is making me walk funny! Can't wait to hit the gym in the morning and get my new routine going. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just a quick check in. Feeling pretty good this morning after yesterday's workout. I can feel a little bit in my legs, but nothing that is making me walk funny! Can't wait to hit the gym in the morning and get my new routine going. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!
yup...sounds like recovery is improved.

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
I agree. I actually started to take Divamax a couple of days before returning from vacation to get it into my system before resuming training. We'll see if it worked.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I actually started to take Divamax a couple of days before returning from vacation to get it into my system before resuming training. We'll see if it worked.
outstanding....divanill is one of my favorite compounds, and i trust the quality of divamax to be top notch!!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
some personal trainer told me leg presses are more effective than squats so just do that instead :lmao:

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I guess I always blindly followed the myth that deep squats were bad for your knees. However, after reading about deep squats distributing the load and stress to your hips and off your knees, it made sense to me. I wish I would've known this years ago. I actually stopped squatting a long, long time ago because my knees would always ache the following day.
Oh man have you been misinformed. You should reading starting strength, it explains in detail how squatting to depth is perfectly safe and not hitting depth is actually what's bad. My wife has bad knees and I've got her squatting 2-3x a week, with no knee pain.

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
R1balla - Wait a minute, are you saying they're not :eek:

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
Oh man have you been misinformed. You should reading starting strength, it explains in detail how squatting to depth is perfectly safe and not hitting depth is actually what's bad. My wife has bad knees and I've got her squatting 2-3x a week, with no knee pain.
Is that the one by Mark Rippetoe? I've read some of his stuff lately and that is where I educated about deep squats. Some pretty good stuff.

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
This morning I got up at 4:10 AM to get ready for the gym. I typically don't workout this early but my schedule at work is going to be messed up for the next several weeks, so I don't have much of an alternative. I took a trifecta of BioCor supps (Agmatine, Citrulline, and Creatine and headed for the gym. I got there at 4:30 and was surprised at how many people were there. There was some sort of bootcamp going on and they took up every bench, incline and portable bench in the gym! It was like they were all working out together but everyone had their own equipment. I thought it was going to be an issue, but by the time I got to DB Presses, a bench had opened up. Anyway, on to the workout.

Brief stretching for my lower back and then jumped into squats.

Squats

Warmups

135 x 8
185 x 5
205 x 4
240 x 3

Working Sets

260 x 5 x 5​

Squats felt good. My warmup at 205 actually had me concerned because it felt rather heavy. As I moved up in weight, I got more in the groove and I was able to handle the working sets. The only problem I had was that I think I have some tendinitis in my left arm. It had bothered me before I went on vacation and was hurting fairly bad after my warmups. It feels like a dull ache that starts in my shoulder and travels down to my elbow. It actually feels similar to when I played baseball in college and my arm would end up aching near the end of the season. I took an Aleve when I got home and the pain went away. I'll have to remember to do that before my workouts from now on, followed up with some ice.

DB Presses

Warmup - 35 x 8
Set 1 - 75 x 5
Set 2 - 85 x 5
Set 3 - 95 x 5
Set 4 - 105 x 5
Set 5 - 110 x 5

Pendlay Rows

Warmup - 95 x 8, 135 x 5
Set 1 - 150 x 5
Set 2 - 170 x 5
Set 3 - 190 x 5
Set 4 - 210 x 5
Set 5 - 225 x 5​

I wasn't real pleased with the last 2 reps of my last set. I lifted my chest up a bit and didn't keep my hips locked. Other than that, I was pleased with the first real workout on the new routine. I felt fairly strong on all lifts and felt as if the weights were right where they needed to be. I kept a fairly quick pace for it being a power routine. I'm interested in seeing how my body responds tomorrow morning. One last thing, I took a Divamax and Agmatine before going to bed last night (at another members suggestion) and had a great nights sleep.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am a big fan of dosing divanill and agmatine before bed!!!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
wasn't there a singer in the 70's named minnie rippertoe...
If there was, I would be embarrassed to admit I knew who she was :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If there was, I would be embarrassed to admit I knew who she was :D
ok, minnie ripperton...she had a hit they always played that everyone hated!!!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
Ok. So I just found Minnie Ripperton on YouTube and I stand by my previous comment. Anyone who knows who she is should be embarrassed! By the way, does anyone know how to delete my browser history on YouTube. I would hate to lose my phone and somebody find it and see what I had just listen to!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. How was it?
very liver painful. :D we go every year, my wife was born there and grew up there till she was 14 or 15. So its fun for her to return and do things as an adult. We did a lot less touristy things than we normally do with the kids, but partially because we've already been to Arecibo observatory, el yunque, 2 out of 3 of the bioluminescent bays, mroe or less all the main things to see at least once. So since it was just us, we mostly lounged poolside and at night went out to eat then to billiards halls to shoot pool. Did you get the chance to venture out much from Dorado?

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
very liver painful. :D we go every year, my wife was born there and grew up there till she was 14 or 15. So its fun for her to return and do things as an adult. We did a lot less touristy things than we normally do with the kids, but partially because we've already been to Arecibo observatory, el yunque, 2 out of 3 of the bioluminescent bays, mroe or less all the main things to see at least once. So since it was just us, we mostly lounged poolside and at night went out to eat then to billiards halls to shoot pool. Did you get the chance to venture out much from Dorado?
We had the kids, who basically wanted to go to the pool/beach. I wanted to go to the observatory but the wife nixed that idea. We did go to the Camuy Caves, which was pretty cool. We also went zip lining in the mountains and old San Juan. Plus free happy hour at the hotel from 5:30-7:30 every night made for a fun trip.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We had the kids, who basically wanted to go to the pool/beach. I wanted to go to the observatory but the wife nixed that idea. We did go to the Camuy Caves, which was pretty cool. We also went zip lining in the mountains and old San Juan. Plus free happy hour at the hotel from 5:30-7:30 every night made for a fun trip.
nice! the caves are one of our favorite places to visit too. The observatory is sort of a pain in the neck if you're driving yourself, as its up in the middle of the mountains over crappy roads. It is interesting to see for sure though, and particularly after driving up there thinking they put that damn thing together 40 years ago and somehow got all that stuff up those crappy mountain roads :D

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
nice! the caves are one of our favorite places to visit too. The observatory is sort of a pain in the neck if you're driving yourself, as its up in the middle of the mountains over crappy roads. It is interesting to see for sure though, and particularly after driving up there thinking they put that damn thing together 40 years ago and somehow got all that stuff up those crappy mountain roads :D
My entire family loved the caves. I could've spent all day there. Those roads are crazy! And the drivers?!? Good Lord! They're not afraid to cut you off! Luckily, a friend warned me ahead of time not to have road rage.

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
Woke up this morning and felt really good after yesterday's workout. Usually after a slight layoff, my first day after training is a bit rough. Not so in this case. Seems like recovery is already in full effect! As a reminder, I did start taking my stack a couple of days prior to training so they were already in my system for yesterday's workout. Also, my sleep is noticeably improved. Not sure if its because I'm taking the agmatine and divamax right before bed or not, but I'm not about to change it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Woke up this morning and felt really good after yesterday's workout. Usually after a slight layoff, my first day after training is a bit rough. Not so in this case. Seems like recovery is already in full effect! As a reminder, I did start taking my stack a couple of days prior to training so they were already in my system for yesterday's workout. Also, my sleep is noticeably improved. Not sure if its because I'm taking the agmatine and divamax right before bed or not, but I'm not about to change it!
hell yeah, great update....i agree, don't change anything!!!!

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards
hell yeah, great update....i agree, don't change anything!!!!
Thanks BigT! I know I didn't post this in my initial introduction, but I have a lot of issues sleeping at night. On a typical night, I will wake up at least 3 times, usually more like 4 or 5. I end up feeling somewhat like a zombie throughout most of the day! The last several nights, I have been able to sleep straight through! That is unheard of for me! I appreciate the advice about taking the Divamax and Agmatine before bed. I'm waking up much more refreshed and notice that I am no where near as sluggish throughout the day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks BigT! I know I didn't post this in my initial introduction, but I have a lot of issues sleeping at night. On a typical night, I will wake up at least 3 times, usually more like 4 or 5. I end up feeling somewhat like a zombie throughout most of the day! The last several nights, I have been able to sleep straight through! That is unheard of for me! I appreciate the advice about taking the Divamax and Agmatine before bed. I'm waking up much more refreshed and notice that I am no where near as sluggish throughout the day.
i am very happy you are getting better sleep!!! and thank you, that is what i like about AM the sharing of information. what works for one may not always work for another, but you never know if you don't try!!!

people who have no trouble sleeping will never know how much not getting enough deep sleep can effect everything in life, imo.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I almost stacked some agmatine with the divamax before bed but now I'm gonna try it.

Rdcopps

Rdcopps

Awards

Sorry for not posting yesterday's workout. I was actually posting at work and was almost finished when my DM walked in! I had to close out before I could save anything and lost everything. Anyway, yesterday's workout went very well. I worked out at 4:30 AM before work. I took the creatine and citrulline with a protein shake beforehand and had the Divamax and Agmatine with breakfast. I'm still doing Diva 3x times a day, Agmatine 2x, creatine daily and citrulline on workout days.

I am still amazed at dosing the Agmatine and Divamax before bed has led to some incredible deep sleep for me. I'm not sure if it is the combination of the 2 or if just one of them would have the same effect, but I believe in the theory that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I will continue to does it this way from here on out.

Energy yesterday was higher than on Monday. Time between sets was reduced as well. I felt strong from the beginning of the workout until the end. I hit all the target reps and weights. It was one of those workouts where you want to just keep lifting. Today is an off day for me and I will be back in the gym tomorrow morning to hit squats, presses and rows once again.

Squats

Warmups

75 x 8
150 x 5
175 x 4
195 x 3

Working Sets

230 x 5 x 5

Dead Lifts

Warmups

95 x 8
180 x 5
200 x 4
235 x 3

Working Sets

275 x 5 x 5

Military Press

Warmups

45 x 8
85 x 5
95 x 4
105 x 3

Working Sets

115 x 5 x 5

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for not posting yesterday's workout. I was actually posting at work and was almost finished when my DM walked in! I had to close out before I could save anything and lost everything. Anyway, yesterday's workout went very well. I worked out at 4:30 AM before work. I took the creatine and citrulline with a protein shake beforehand and had the Divamax and Agmatine with breakfast. I'm still doing Diva 3x times a day, Agmatine 2x, creatine daily and citrulline on workout days.

I am still amazed at dosing the Agmatine and Divamax before bed has led to some incredible deep sleep for me. I'm not sure if it is the combination of the 2 or if just one of them would have the same effect, but I believe in the theory that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I will continue to does it this way from here on out.

Energy yesterday was higher than on Monday. Time between sets was reduced as well. I felt strong from the beginning of the workout until the end. I hit all the target reps and weights. It was one of those workouts where you want to just keep lifting. Today is an off day for me and I will be back in the gym tomorrow morning to hit squats, presses and rows once again.

Squats

Warmups

75 x 8
150 x 5
175 x 4
195 x 3

Working Sets

230 x 5 x 5

Dead Lifts

Warmups

95 x 8
180 x 5
200 x 4
235 x 3

Working Sets

275 x 5 x 5

Military Press

Warmups

45 x 8
85 x 5
95 x 4
105 x 3

Working Sets

115 x 5 x 5
Yeah I dosed agmatine with Divamax at night for the first time last night and slept really well also

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the potential hgh effects of agmatine could be at work??? i don't have any explanation on why divanill works so well dosed before bed, i just know it does!!! apparently divamax and agmatine compliment each other very nicely, i look forward to trying these 2 together real soon!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Squats

Warmups

75 x 8
150 x 5
175 x 4
195 x 3

Working Sets

230 x 5 x 5

Dead Lifts

Warmups

95 x 8
180 x 5