Reactive Strength Quest with Burn24, AnaBeta Elite, and BF

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So to keep the momentum going from my last log I received another bottle of Burn24 to finish off my RTS cycle leading to a mock meet. I have continued using Burn24 and added in AnaBeta Elite and Bioforge last week.

Supplements​
Hoping to try and keep it from getting too crazy:

Staple-like products (used for entire duration of log):
Aqua Red: 3 pills per day with final meal.
Cissus XT: 4 caps per day.
Genomyx Creignite: 2 scoops per day.
Gut Health: 1 cap with last meal of the day.

The Good Stuff:
Burn24: 2caps 3 times per day.
AnaBeta Elite: 2 caps pre-workout and 2 with post workout meal.
Bioforge: 3 caps upon waking.
AlphaT2: 3 caps per day

Current Periworkout Nutrition:
Seen some solid benefits with some PRO/CHO intake during my lifts lately. They all are usually around 1.5hours at least with focus on strength.
1 scoop Strive + 20-40g carbohydrates during my workout.
Will also usually take 1 scoop ModernBCAA+ (mostly for the Leucine) + Stim of Choice (if necessary) as well.

Probably going to use Decimate or Alphamine every morning as my work shifts are intense during the summer and I usually need some mood/energy boost to get me through the first part (I spend 10-12hrs at work for several of my days during the week).

Lifting​
Currently on week 5 of 9 for my first training block of RTS. I broke down quite a bit of what I was doing in the last log but if anyone needs me to repeat (or if you didn't follow) let me know and I'll explain in depth again. Will also explain the newer changes to training as well.

Layout is pretty much:
Monday: Primary Squat/Bench Supplemental/Bench Assistance
Tuesday: Primary Deadlift/Bench Assistance/Squat Assistance
Wednesday: GPP/Prehab/Neglected Muscles/Off
Thursday: Bench Primary/Squat Supplemental/Bench Assistance
Friday: Deadlift Supplemental/Bench Supplemental/Deadlift Assistance
Saturday: GPP/Prehab/Neglected Muscles/Off
Sunday: Off
Just a general idea some of the supplemental and assistance shift. Also some is bench lockout focus (since that is my current weakness on that lift).

Diet​

Carb Cycling:
High Carb Days (Training): 400g Carbs/225g Protein/70g Fat Typically these are the minimums and I hit 3200 cals with the addition being just whatever extra ends up being eaten.
Moderate Carb Days (GPP): 300g/225g/70g
Low Carb Day (Off): 200g/225g/80-90g

This may go up as my job is somewhat demanding so caloric expenditure will probably rise as I have some of these really long days.

Goals:​
Strength is still the number 1 goal.
Not gaining weight just to gain weight is goal 2. Want to maintain an effective balance of strength to weight gain increase.
Hoping to maximize recovery with these products and continue my current effective training cycle.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will update the last two days of training when I get some time tomorrow...hopefully. ;)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In it, of course. Huge ABE fan...Interested in the Bioforge too. As per your recommendation, I've got Burn24 on its way. Good luck bud!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for another bolt log. Good luck man.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice stack bud. I'm in

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the mix as well...Bioforge has been on the radar for me.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to have you guys! I've been training just the same even if I haven't updated the last log last week. As seen in my new avi that is the squat depth you can expect! :lol:

Hope to get back on my video grind for this log...couldn't get too many to end the last log but will try and work something out soon.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right there with you on depth, just not the poundage.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like all this talk about squat depth I've been seeing!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Week 5 Day 1- June 10:​

Squat w/Belt Work up to x5 @9 (Load Drop) 4-6% Fatigue
2ct Pause Bench Work up to x2 @9 (Load Drop) 4-6% Fatigue
Close Grip Floor Press Work up to x3 @8 (Repeats)

Adductor/IT Band foam roll, Hip Mobility
Squats w/Belt:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 6, 185lbs x6, 225lbs x 6, 275lbs x 6
315lbs x 5 @8.5
335lbs x 5 @9
Load Drop
315lbs x 5 @8
315lbs x5 @9
Solid again. Feel great squatting lately. Went with a wider grip to try and prevent elbow issues (no issues at all today) so that made it a little "harder" as I wasn't as tight. Will work back in on grip and see if it pops back up but felt great today.

Upper/Lower Trap Mash/Shoulder Mobility
2ct Pause Bench:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5 x 2, 95lbs x 5, 115lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5
165lbs x 2 @7.5
185lbs x 2 @8
205lbs x 2 @8.5
215lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
205 x 2 @8
205 x 2 @8
205 x 2 @9

Close Grip Floor Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 95lbs x 8, 135lbs x 8
165lbs x 3 @7
185lbs x 3 @8
185lbs x 3 @9
I was pretty shot by the time I got here.

Work schedule changed (summer hours are quite busy for me) so I lifted later than usual and after much more work than usual. I was pretty tired before I even started but was able to get focused pretty quick, just not a ton of energy compared to my usual earlier lifts. I will probably adapt as it continues (I tend to get used to it as workout times shift but remain constant).

Week 5 Day 2- June 11:

Training:
Day 2:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x5 @9. Load Drop. 4-6% Fatigue
Bench +90mm Work up to x7 @10. Load Drop. 4-6% Fatigue
Front Squat Work up to x3 @ 8. Repeats.

Adductor/IT Band foam roll, Glute Activation
Deadlift w/Belt:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x5, 225lbs x 5, 275lbs x 5
315lbs x 5 @7
335lbs x 5 @8
355lbs x 5 @9
Load Drop
335lbs x 5 @8
335lbs x 5 @8
335lbs x 5 @9

Form felt better today than usual. Everything felt locked and loaded and went great. Hard doing that many deadlifts, but finished feeling very confident in my pulls.

Upper/Lower Trap Mash
Bench + Bands:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5 x 2, 95lbs x 7
115lbs x 7 @7.5
135lbs x 7 @9
145lbs x 7 @10
Load Drop
140lbs x 7 @10

Still wouldn't say I have a ton of experience with bands but there wasn't 90lbs added at lock out based on how this went. Otherwise I felt pretty good with the set up and execution on these today.

Front Squat:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 8, 135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3 @ 6? Still real easy
205lbs x 3 @7.5
225lbs x 3 @8
225lbs x 3 @8
225lbs x 3 @8
225lbs x 3 @9

Honestly only getting to 225lbs seemed rather light. Expected more but I was absolutely beat by the time I got to this part in my workout. Regardless of weight it "felt" hard at 225lbs so I went with that to maintain good form and not feed some ego after an already great session.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In bud.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to see more people dropping in. Things are about to really get rolling now!

June 12th GPP/Prehab/Etc:
1 scoop Decimate + 2 AT2 + 3 Bioforge Upon Waking. 2caps Burn24 x 3 at 3 meals.

1 Scoop ModernBCAA + 1AT2 + 2 ABE pre + 1 scoop Strive Intra-workout.

Foam Roll, Softball/Golfball Mash

Prehab/Rehab:
Side Lying External Rotation- 3x10
Face Pulls- 2 x 10
External Rotation Stretch
Ab Wheel- 2 x 10

Neglected Muscles
Dumbbell Row: 3x10
Abs: 2x10

Conditioning
162-180BPM with 5% Fatigue.
Interval work for 10 minutes (Prowler).

Stretching- 15minutes

I felt kind of beat and wasn't sure if I would do this workout out and thought about skipping. I am glad I did it as I felt much better at the end. I got through some solid interval work done and recovered pretty fast from the 180bpm down to the 162bpm until the fatigue hit.

Day 3- June 13th:​

1 scoop Decimate + 2 AT2 + 3 Bioforge upon waking. 2 caps Burn24 x 3 times per day with my non-post workout meals.

Training:
Day 3:

1 Uncut + 1 AT2 + 2 ABE + 1 scoop ModernBCAA+ pre-workout.
1 scoop Strive + 25g Carbs periworkout.

Competition Bench Press Work up to x5 @9 Load Drop 4-6%
Squat +Avg Bands Work up to x2 @9 Load Drop 4-6%
Push Press x3 @8 Repeats.

Upper Back/Mid Back Mash + Shoulder Mobility
Competition Bench (Paused):
Warm Up- 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 5, 115lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5
165lbs x 5@7
185lbs x 5 @8
205lbs x 5 @9
Load Drop
195lbs x 5 @8
195lbs x 5 @8.5
195lbs x 5 @9

Felt really good on these today. Tightness and upper back just felt on point, which gave a solid base to press off of.

Squat +Avg. Bands:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5
225lbs x 2 @7
275lbs x 2 @7.5
295lbs x 2 @8
305lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
285lbs x 2 @8
285lbs x 2 @8
285lbs x 2 @9

The whole thing felt just a little off today. Not sure if the band set up was off or just some overall fatigue but I didn't feel as "crisp" as usual and getting it out of the rack was a little more of a hassle than usual (I have it rigged up in not the best set up but the only real option for this lift at my gym). Either way I got up to a solid weight passed what I anticipated based on the warm ups today. Also surprised how light 285lbs felt after how hard 305lbs felt at the top with the bands.

Push Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 95lbs x 8, 115lbs x 3
135lbs x 3 @7
145lbs x 3 @8
145lbs x 3 @8
145lbs x 3 @8
145lbs x 3 @9

I honestly hate this lift. 3 reps felt like a nice rep range though and I got a decent amount of work in to finish my lift.

This is the first week I am feeling a little more fatigued since starting RTS. I have no doubt that it is due to the summer increase in working hours. Still nothing crazy or bad and TRAC (recovery monitoring system) still has me doing quite well from a recovery standpoint.

Diet:
Higher carb day today.

Will try and start adding some more Burn24 and other supplement reflections starting tomorrow. Busy has me slacking but time to man up and toss some stuff up. Honestly though 2 caps prior to 150g carb meals keeps me from going all carb coma after lately.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 4- June 14th:​

Deadlift w/Minis Work up to x2 @9 Load Drop (4-6%)
Towel Press Work up to x2 @9 Load Drop (4-6%)
Snatch SLDL x3 @8 Repeats.

Adductor Foam Rolling/Mobility, Glute Activation
Deadlift with Minis:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5 (warm up no bands), 135lbs x 5 (all subsequent sets with bands), 185lbs x 5, 225lbs x 4
275lbs x 2 @8
295lbs x 2 @8
315lbs x 2 @8.5
335lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
315lbs x 2 @8
315lbs x 2 @8.5
315lbs x 2 @9

These felt tough today but I was able to keep going on up regardless. 335lbs felt hard, but I had a solid rep left in me. Load drop felt great today.

Upper/Mid Back Mash/Shoulder Mobility
Pin Press (mid-range):
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 165lbs x 4
185lbs x 2 @7
195lbs x 2 @8
205lbs x 2 @8
215lbs x 2 @8
225lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
215lbs x 2 @8.5
215lbs x 2 @9

Had never done these before so I took a very slow build up because I didn't trust too high of jumps. Wore myself out with only the 10lb jumps but each time I went up it didn't seem much harder. First time I have had 225lbs in my hands in awhile and I felt good with it.

Basically I rolled up a towel and placed it under my shirt. It was supposed to be 8cm but I didn't go all exact and measure it. Like a soft 1-2board with a very light touch and go. Supposed to avoid the way some can dip into a board and "spring" it back up. Almost like stopping right above the chest with this method. Was interesting....

Snatch SLDL:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 135lbs x 8, 185lbs x 5
225lbs x 3 @7
255lbs x 3 @7
275lbs x 3 @8
275lbs x 3 @8
275lbs x 3 @9

Lower back and glutes were pretty fried after the banded deads, but these felt solid.

I felt like a machine today. Just kept on moving and pushing past weights that I thought would be tougher than they were. Feeling confident heading into the weekend.

Diet:
Moderate Carb day.

Supplements:
-Decimate + AT2 upon waking. ABE + AT2 + MBCAA+ pre-workout. Strive + Carbs peri-workout.
-Burn24 throughout the day with 3 meals.
-Weight was up about 1-2lbs this morning from the normal weight this week. Those extra carbs yesterday seemed to have me holding some extra weight, which may have been the cause for the very nice workout today.
-Last night I ate a TON of carbs in my final meal and still felt incredibly hungry after...ABE + Burn24 has me punishing carbs with no issues currently.
-Trying to stay low stim (other than my morning Decimate), which coincides with a break I am taking from Enhanced (and any agmatine atm :( ). I don't seem to have any issues with energy, despite some stimless pre-workout sessions lately.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oohh snatch grip stiff-legged deads? How are those treating you?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oohh snatch grip stiff-legged deads? How are those treating you?
They are murderous. At least they were only 3 reps this week. They have been at 8 reps earlier in the training cycle...murder to the entire posterior chain.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
They are a real biatch.

The trick is to perfect the lockout and hip snap so the weight is all the way up and shoulders are back and relaxed

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
They are murderous. At least they were only 3 reps this week. They have been at 8 reps earlier in the training cycle...murder to the entire posterior chain.
Sounds fun. Sounds like a good sub in exercise

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
How's the new decimate Sean?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How's the new decimate Sean?
Combined with a cap of AT2 in the morning it has me feeling great and some nice energy to get me through morning work. Can't comment on fat loss (eating in a surplus) but as far as mood it hits me very strong at 30minutes.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I know you may be partial to Alphamine but how foes it compare?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know you may be partial to Alphamine but how foes it compare?
Being completely honest? :D

I honestly respond to PEA pretty well, despite most of the stuff I've read saying it really shouldn't do much. With Decimate I get probably the strongest euphoria at 30-60minutes of any supplement I have tried (similar to the first time I used Craze). It doesn't last very long and by 90minutes it mellows to be on par to what I feel with Alphamine (both seem to keep my mood up for a good 5-6 hours after initial dose). The stim and energy are more gradual as 2 scoops Alphamine gets me rolling and mentally stimulates me better. Decimate + AT2 though is a great combo that helps combine some of the positive effects I get from both and the bacopa also seems to make the combo a very smooth and calm feeling.

As for my workouts:
Ok so weekend update:

I didn't really do much this weekend. Just worked, did some mobility work, watched Man of Steel, and ate some epic food for Father's Day. :D

I need to up calories again. Body is on some insane metabolism ish right now...weight still at ~165lbs (up about 3-4lbs over the last ~2months from when I competed) despite some pretty large intakes lately (relative to my little self). Abs and waist are looking super tight right now.

Week 6 (Week 2 of 3rd Burn24 Bottle) Day 1- June 17:

Pre-workout: 1 scoop Craze + 2ABE + 1 scoop MBCAA+
Periworkout: 1 scoop Strive + 35g carbs

Squat w/Belt Work up to x4 @9 (Load Drop) 6-9% Fatigue
Pin Press Bench(Chest Level) Work up to x3 @9 (Load Drop) 6-9% Fatigue
Close Grip 3Board Press Work up to x5 @8 (Repeats)

Adductor/IT Band foam roll, Hip Mobility
Squats w/Belt:
315lbs x 4 @8
335lbs x 4 @8
345lbs x 4 @9
Load Drop
330lbs x 4 @8
330lbs x 4 @8
330lbs x 4 @9
My hips have felt "stiff" the last couple days. I am going to shift focus back on them with mobility work on GPP days (been focusing more on adductors lately). Didn't really cause problems just a tad uncomfortable compared to usual on warm ups. I was feeling tired today and the weight felt tough but got some very solid squats in today. Watched some vids of each lift and I still had solid speed on the last set.

Also note that my waist is definitely down lately because my normal notch on the belt seems a little loose right now and the next notch down seems just a tad too tight. :eek:

Pin Press Bench:
165lbs x 3 @7
185lbs x 3 @8
195lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
180lbs x 3 @7
180lbs x 3 @7
180lbs x 3 @7
180lbs x 3 @7.5
180lbs x 3 @8
180lbs x 3 @8
180lbs x 3 @9
I need a better rack with better pin spacing. One pin setting was too high and the other forced me to lessen my arch on my set up so that the bar could pause on the pins and not my chest. Not necessarily a bad thing working with less arch just felt a little off at first. I may have overestimated the RPE of that 195lbs set because I honestly felt like 180lbs was nothing. I banged out all those sets with barely a minute in between after the load drop. Back tightness and set up felt perfect and blasting the weight off the pin wasn't much issue. O well got tons of volume in and surprised myself with its ease.

Close Grip 3 Board Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 135lbs x 8
185lbs x 5 @7
205lbs x 5 @7.5
215lbs x 5 @8
215lbs x 5 @8
215lbs x 5 @8.5
215lbs x 5 @9
Tried to just lightly touch the board and not rebound off of it. With my short arms this wasn't a huge range of motion but I was pretty tired by the end of this.

Overall this session went above expectations. I felt great upon waking today but as the day dragged on I felt fatigued. Had to really buckle down and focus to not slack today and had a very nice lift.

Diet:
Was going with a moderate carbohydrate day, but bumping it to a high carbohydrate day due to that bench volume today. Easily going to demolish at least 400g today.

Supplements:
-Decimate + AT2 + BF upon waking. Added some Creignite to the Decimate lately to offset that fiery piperine it has. I kind of like the bite but it still tastes better with the added watermelon goodness.
-Still 3 doses of Burn24 spread out.
-I am feeling a little fatigued today, but recovery from workouts still seems to be going great. Despite pounding quite a bit of food I am apparently maintaining weight and leaning out slowly.
-Not really noticing a ton of DOMS lately. I feel beat up the night of after each lift but always wake up the following mornings with at most just some residual soreness that dissipates pretty quickly once I get moving around.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I heard there were noodz? :sad2:
Trying to avoid too many noodz since I am trying to focus on strength, but I am going to try and get more vids up. ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By the way, nice ATG squat avi brother!
Thanks! That is the level of depth I hit today on my pause squats...brutal stuff. :p

Week 6 Day 2- June 11:

Pre-workout: 1 scoop MBCAA+ and 2ABE
Periworkout: 1 scoop Strive and 25g carbohydrates

Training:
Day 2:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x4 @9. Load Drop. 6-9% Fatigue
Bench +90mm Work up to x3 @9. Load Drop. 6-9% Fatigue
2ct Pause Squat Work up to x3 @ 8. Repeats.

Adductor/IT Band foam roll, Glute Activation
Deadlift w/Belt:
315lbs x 4 @7
345lbs x 4 @7.5
365lbs x 4 @9
Load Drop
330lbs x 4 @7
330lbs x 4 @7
330lbs x 4 @8
330lbs x 4 @8.5

Bar felt light off the ground today compared to the last several weeks. 315lbs went up with some nice speed. 345lbs went up much easier than anticipated. 365lbs wasn't super tough either and may have been a shade under 9 but I wanted to maintain some perfect form. Load drop made the weight feel super light. I stopped after the fourth set as my upper glute got real tight and I felt it was better safe than sorry (no issues for the rest of the workout or so far today with it).

Upper/Lower Trap Mash
Bench + Bands:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5 x 2, 95lbs x 5, 115lbs x 5, 135lbs x 3
155lbs x 3 @8
165lbs x 3 @8
175lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
160lbs x 3 @7
160lbs x 3 @7
160lbs x 3 @7
160lbs x 3 @8
160lbs x 3 @9

175lbs may have been a tad over 9. Last rep was slower than I wanted. Felt really quick and solid after the load drop. Ability to bang out multiple sets on bench was up again today. Nice trend the last two days, considering I normally die out on bench pretty quick.

2ct Pause Squat(no belt):
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 3, 225lbs x 3
275lbs x 3 @7.5
295lbs x 3 @8
295lbs x 3 @8.5
295lbs x 3 @9

Wasn't really looking forward to this...being at the end of the workout and having to hit some heavy paused squats was sitting in the back of my mind all morning. Went pretty well. I went as low as I could on these (ATG) and the hips felt better than they did yesterday on squats.

Since I was a little fatigued yesterday I decided to go to sleep earlier last night and got a solid 9 hours in bed. Felt very refreshed this morning and TRAC had my recovery on point. Definitely showed itself in today's solid session. I filmed a lot of my lifts today on my buddies phone but didn't post them to youtube so no vids for the log. I did much better maintaining lower hips through the initial pull of the deadlifts, which may explain why it felt easier from the floor today. :)

Diet:
Moderate carbohydrate day. Upped fats a little to maintain same caloric intake as yesterday.

Supplements:
-Decimate + AT2 + BF upon waking. This had me humming all morning and with the extra energy I skipped a pre-workout stim today.
-I ate a crap load of carbs yesterday. Despite this I woke up dry and had no carb comas yesterday afternoon. Carbs are still high but not as many as yesterday. Despite the crazy volume on the benching I have zero DOMS in the upper body.
-All day pumps are apparent. ABE is definitely kicked in fully and has added to the fullness Burn24 has me holding. Getting pumps at 3-5 reps on compound exercises with relatively long rest periods? Can't imagine doing some GVT or anything above 10 reps right now...
-I've been avoiding snapping pics lately as I have a tendency to overanalyze them and considering I want to focus on strength I feel it better not to nitpick looking at myself and wondering if I am adding fat, etc. I did flex a bit in the mirror last night (lol) and veins were everywhere...I was surprised. :eek:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
June 19th GPP/Prehab/Etc:

Foam Roll, Softball/Golfball Mash

Prehab/Rehab:
Side Lying External Rotation- 3x10
Face Pulls- 2 x 10
External Rotation Stretch
Ab Wheel- 2 x 10

Neglected Muscles
Row: 3x10
Abs: 2x10

Conditioning
162-180BPM with 5% Fatigue.
Interval work for 11 minutes (Sled Dragging).

Stretching- 20minutes

Tired this morning. Once again (like usual) after doing this workout I felt much better. I spent some extra time stretching and doing some soft tissue work as I have found a trigger point in my shoulder that needed extra attention and my hip flexors are more tight than usual (compared to last couple months).

Day 3- June 20th:

Training:
Day 3:

Pre-workout: 2 ABE + 2 AlphaT2 + 1 scoop ModernBCAA+
Periworkout: 1 scoop Strive + 35g carbohydrates

Competition Bench Press Work up to x4 @9 Load Drop 6-9%
2ct Pause Squat Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop 6-9%
Military Press x3 @8 Repeats.

175lbs x 4 @7
195lbs x 4 @8
215lbs x 4 @9
Load Drop
200lbs x 4 @8
200lbs x 4 @8
200lbs x 4 @8.5
200lbs x 4 @9

Was nervous attempting 215lbs. Just because I have had times where I thought I'd get the weight with paused bench, only to miss. I was feeling really good today so just went for it. Felt light unracking it and hit a solid 4 with a definite 5th in the tank. Very happy with how the whole set went. Bench is the biggest mental challenge of all the lifts for me (I always doubt it and it is my weakest lift).

2ct Pause Squat:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 3, 225 x 3
275lbs x 3 @ 8
315lbs x 3 @ 9
Load Drop
290lbs x 3 @ 7.5
290lbs x 3 @ 8
290lbs x 3 @ 8
290lbs x 3 @ 9
Felt great and no hip tightness today. Final rep on the @ 9 sets had the hips rise a little faster than chest on each, so I considered that one rep left (probably 2 left in the tank but not with the level of form I would prefer). Very slight elbow discomfort today.

Military Press: Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 95lbs x 8
115lbs x 5 @ 8
115lbs x 5 @8.5
115lbs x 5 @ 9

If I said I hate push press then that means I despise these. Form felt great (hadn't done these in awhile), but I fatigued quickly.

Diet:
Yesterday was my lowest carb day (still 250g) and today will be a high carb day again (same as Monday). I made a ton of sloppy joes for the week...haven't had that in forever. :D

Supplements:
-I ran out of AlphaT2 yesterday but got some more in today. :)
-I am pretty ravenous at night. Eat a ton and feel full but still hungry.
-Weight up another pound this week so far.
-I feel strong in the gym on everything. Weights feel lighter and I am pretty much hitting new heights with EVERYTHING I do. :D

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome news on how the weights are moving for you :D. My bench used to be bomb until I got bicep tendinitis. Couldn't BB bench at all and I just recently started incorporating it again as well as incline BB. No aggravation noticed yet which is good news. I am having to do BB bench on the smith machine though.

sideshowdoc

Awards
Any GI sides from the burn 24?? What carbs do you use around your workout?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any GI sides from the burn 24?? What carbs do you use around your workout?
I've noticed no sides at all. Never had any stomach issues, etc.

Whatever I have around gets used (dextrose, gatorade powder, etc.). Right now I got a deal on a bunch of cyclic dextrin, but I wouldn't way it is anything special. It doesn't taste bad, mix weird, or upset my stomach (it is more expensive than other carbs though).

Day 4- June 21th:​

Pre-workout: 2ABE + 1 AT2 + 1 scoop MBCAA+
Periworkout: Strive + 35g carbs

2ct Pause Deadlift Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop (6-9%)
8cm Towel Press Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop (6-9%)
Pendlay Rows x 5 @8 Repeats.

Adductor Foam Rolling/Mobility, Glute Activation
2ct Pause Deadlift:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5 (no pause), 135lbs x 5 (pause), 185lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5
275lbs x 3 @7.5
305lbs x 3 @8
325lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
305lbs x 3 @ 7
305lbs x 3 @7.5
305lbs x 3 @7.5
305lbs x 3 @8
305lbs x 3 @9

This is definitely a weakness in my deads. Lower back was nice and tight, but upper back had some slight rounding as weights got higher. I really focused on keeping the hips down and maintaining a solid back angle to the knees, holding, then bringing the hips through. Felt demolished after all those sets, but felt good doing them.

8cm Towel Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 175lbs x 5
205lbs x 3 @ 8
225lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
205lbs x 3 @ 7.5
205lbs x 3 @ 7.5
205lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @9

My back was feeling fatigued from the pause deadlifts and tightness suffered on a couple sets. 205lbs felt easier after the 225lbs set. I feel confident unracking the weight lately and it feels lighter in my hands (something foreign to me with bench). Still not crazy numbers here but solid improvement has me pleased with current rate of progress.

Pendlay Rows:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 95lbs x 8, 115lbs x 5
135lbs x 5 @7
155lbs x 5 @7
165lbs x 5 @8
165lbs x 5 @8
165lbs x 5 @8
165lbs x 5 @9

These felt really awkward at first, even though they usually feel pretty solid when I do them. Felt heavy with only 165lbs today, but still finished off the workout feeling confident.

I was up late last night compared to usual (NBA Finals Game 7) and when I woke up I figured I'd end up being real tired and have a crappy TRAC. Plugged things in and got feedback that I was recovering great and did end up feeling solid the whole day. This exercise combo today was probably my least favorite (in terms of how difficult each movement is), but I loved it in the sense that I felt I was hitting some weak areas. Gym was an inferno today and I may have been dehydrated by the end despite tons of fluid and electrolyte intake.

Diet:
Moderate carbohydrate day

Supplements:
-Last scoop of Strive. :(
-Got Punch Creignite. They should name it HNGGGG punch.
-Still maintaining normal dosing on everything else like usual.
-Surprisingly minimal DOMS despite all this extra volume this week. Recovery is top notch ATM.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Game 7 was nuts but not as crazy as game 6, which the Spurs blew.

That is a lot of volume... And I like it :D.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Game 7 was nuts but not as crazy as game 6, which the Spurs blew.

That is a lot of volume... And I like it :D.
Ya all those sets were brutal...back down to a more normal volume for the rest of this.Weekend was pretty slow. Just worked, went to see World War Z, and did a ton of reading when I didn't have work.

Week 7 Day 1- June 24:
Pre-workout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 2 ABE, and 1 AlphaT2
Periworkout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 10g PeptoPro, and 25g Carbs

Squat w/Belt Work up to x3 @9 (Load Drop) 4-6% Fatigue
2ct Pause Bench Work up to x2 @9 (Load Drop) 4-6% Fatigue
Close Grip Floor Press Work up to x3 @8 (Repeats)

Hip Mobility, Glute Activation
Squats w/Belt:
315lbs x 3 @8
335lbs x 3 @8
355lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
335lbs x 3 @8
335lbs x 3 @9

Left hip flexor was really tight/tender today. It took me awhile to get into my groove. Wasn't feeling as good as usual today, so strength didn't seem super, but I guess hitting an easy triple at 355lbs on an off day isn't too bad and is still progress.

2ct Pause Bench:
175lbs x 2 @7
195lbs x 2 @8
215lbs x 2 @8
225lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
215 x 2 @8.5
215 x 2 @9

Was only shooting to repeat hitting 215lbs today (what I hit two weeks ago with this lift) since I was feeling off today. 215lbs moved pretty quick so I went with 225lbs. Slight grind on rep two, but was very pleased with how I handled the weight. Not having any mental barriers with bench lately, and feeling more confident with higher weights and percents of my max.

Close Grip Floor Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 95lbs x 8, 135lbs x 8
165lbs x 3 @7
185lbs x 3 @8
185lbs x 3 @8
185lbs x 3 @8
185lbs x 3 @9

I woke up feeling very refreshed today, but then got into an "off" feeling pretty quick. Not sure exactly why (probably slept in an odd position), but I had a random discomfort turning my head to the left all day in my neck. It made bench set up and floor press execution feel weird. Still hit solid numbers on those though so I'll take it. May need to add some more electrolytes and water to my periworkout drink as it was insanely hot in the gym today and I feel dehydrated (and felt like crap at work after).

Diet:
High Carb Day.

Supplements:
-Getting that super dense, all day, muscle hardness feeling lately. Vascularity was also up quite a bit today. Veins all over the arms and legs (even more so than usual).
-Weight held steady from last week.
-Hunger is up. I am eating a lot and even when full I still want more. Kind of awkward at times..
-No bloat or any other issues despite increased caloric intake last week.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Week 7 Day 2- June 25th:

Training:
Day 2:

Pre-workout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 2 ABE, and 1 AT2
Peri-workout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 10g PeptoPro, and 25g Carbs

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x3 @9. Load Drop. 4-6% Fatigue
Bench +90mm Work up to x6 @10. Load Drop. 4-6% Fatigue

Adductor/IT Band foam roll, Hip Mobility, Glute Activation
Deadlift w/Belt:
315lbs x 3 @7
365lbs x 3 @8
385lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
365lbs x 3 @8
365lbs x 3 @8
365lbs x 3 @9

365lbs moved pretty easy so I bumped up to 385lbs. Solid weight for today and felt good pulling that. On my third set after the load drop my lower back/glutes tightened up. This has happened before and it is super annoying. I felt it get tight on the set and the weight still moved easy but stopped there due to the tightness.

Upper/Lower Trap Mash
Bench + Bands:
115lbs x 6 @7
135lbs x 6 @8
155lbs x 6 @10
Load Drop
145lbs x 6 @9
145lbs x 6 @10

Lower back was real tight while doing this. 155lbs was just under a ten but I wouldn't have been able to add more and gotten 6 again after that effort.

Front Squat:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 8, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 3
205lbs x 3 @7
225lbs x 3 @7.5
245lbs x 3 @8
245lbs x 3 @8
245lbs x 3 @9

By this point I didn't feel any issues in my back/glutes. These were pretty tough though.

Mean trigger point in my gluteus medius. Hit it with some myofascial release and it feels better currently.

Diet:
Moderate Carbs today. I have noticed a slight bloat after my lower carb days recently. Trying to narrow it down to see if it is a particular food causing this issue, or if it is a certain macronutrient level (sometimes too high of fats does this too me apparently...weird that I do so much better with more carbs compared to several years ago). As of the last two days I have looked super lean and not like I am having any issues, bu noted it on the weekend. Just a random note...it could also be water intake not being high enough due to the heat and my sweating more. :eek:

Supplements:
-They all appear to be doing their job lately. I did notice a loss of hunger yesterday (I felt off all day too), but today my post-workout meal wasn't enough to dent my hunger (so back to normal).
-Strength still going up. Felt good having 385lbs in my hand for dealifts again. Will be busting over 4 plates again soon and interested to see where my max ends up in a couple weeks.
-I have been rather low on the stim intake lately. Other than AT2 and Decimate in the mornings I have really tried to limit my stimulant intake pre-workout. Partly trying to stay more relaxed and less psyched up during my lifts. Seems to be helping my recovery some. Interesting change too since I dropped my ipod usage as well and have just been focusing on my technique more.

Looking into trying to compete again in October...too bad there seems a severe lack of meets around me. The search continues...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meh..lack of meets around me as well. Do you plan on continuing this training into your meet?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meh..lack of meets around me as well. Do you plan on continuing this training into your meet?
Yessir. Will have a whole cycle set up once I hit my mock meet to carry me into the end of October.

I hit my glute medius trigger point again and did a bunch of stretching. Feel pretty good right now. Got a ton of chicken in the oven with some brussel sprouts baking. :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol nice link. I'm drivin around tryin to find a ball. limited stores and time. thanks bud

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol nice link. I'm drivin around tryin to find a ball. limited stores and time. thanks bud
Ya I need to make a bootleg Therecane or w/e it is called to use for that Psoas vid in your log. I have access to a ton of stuff, but that is one thing I don't have at the moment.

sideshowdoc

Awards
You get bloat from too little water? interesting.

DO you notice any big difference using the peptopro as opposed to just some more aminos? THinking about trying either that or the hydro 520 (a good amount cheaper and about the same molecular size...520 compared to 300 angstroms)

Week 7 Day 2- June 25th:

Training:
Day 2:

Pre-workout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 2 ABE, and 1 AT2
Peri-workout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 10g PeptoPro, and 25g Carbs

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x3 @9. Load Drop. 4-6% Fatigue
Bench +90mm Work up to x6 @10. Load Drop. 4-6% Fatigue

Adductor/IT Band foam roll, Hip Mobility, Glute Activation
Deadlift w/Belt:
315lbs x 3 @7
365lbs x 3 @8
385lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
365lbs x 3 @8
365lbs x 3 @8
365lbs x 3 @9

365lbs moved pretty easy so I bumped up to 385lbs. Solid weight for today and felt good pulling that. On my third set after the load drop my lower back/glutes tightened up. This has happened before and it is super annoying. I felt it get tight on the set and the weight still moved easy but stopped there due to the tightness.

Upper/Lower Trap Mash
Bench + Bands:
115lbs x 6 @7
135lbs x 6 @8
155lbs x 6 @10
Load Drop
145lbs x 6 @9
145lbs x 6 @10

Lower back was real tight while doing this. 155lbs was just under a ten but I wouldn't have been able to add more and gotten 6 again after that effort.

Front Squat:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 10, 95lbs x 8, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 3
205lbs x 3 @7
225lbs x 3 @7.5
245lbs x 3 @8
245lbs x 3 @8
245lbs x 3 @9

By this point I didn't feel any issues in my back/glutes. These were pretty tough though.

Mean trigger point in my gluteus medius. Hit it with some myofascial release and it feels better currently.

Diet:
Moderate Carbs today. I have noticed a slight bloat after my lower carb days recently. Trying to narrow it down to see if it is a particular food causing this issue, or if it is a certain macronutrient level (sometimes too high of fats does this too me apparently...weird that I do so much better with more carbs compared to several years ago). As of the last two days I have looked super lean and not like I am having any issues, bu noted it on the weekend. Just a random note...it could also be water intake not being high enough due to the heat and my sweating more. :eek:

Supplements:
-They all appear to be doing their job lately. I did notice a loss of hunger yesterday (I felt off all day too), but today my post-workout meal wasn't enough to dent my hunger (so back to normal).
-Strength still going up. Felt good having 385lbs in my hand for dealifts again. Will be busting over 4 plates again soon and interested to see where my max ends up in a couple weeks.
-I have been rather low on the stim intake lately. Other than AT2 and Decimate in the mornings I have really tried to limit my stimulant intake pre-workout. Partly trying to stay more relaxed and less psyched up during my lifts. Seems to be helping my recovery some. Interesting change too since I dropped my ipod usage as well and have just been focusing on my technique more.

Looking into trying to compete again in October...too bad there seems a severe lack of meets around me. The search continues...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I seem to get some better recovery with a decent amount of PeptoPro. Not something I really cared about with my training until I hit the powerlifting stuff. Helps when I have the higher frequency stuff going on (like right now).

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
June 26th GPP/Prehab/Etc:

Myofascial Release (Glutes, Hip Flexors, and Lats)

Prehab/Rehab:
Side Lying External Rotation- 2x10
Spinal Traction
Ab Wheel- 2 x 10
Landmind- 2 x 10
Hip Thrusts- 2 x 20

Neglected Muscles
Row: 3x10

Conditioning
120-152BPM steady state for 20minutes.

Stretching/More Myofascial Release- 20minutes

Woke up today and my glutes/lower back were sore/tight. Hit a trigger spot on my glutes before this workout and it seemed to make it better. By the end I felt back to normal and really good. Going to continue to really watch this particular area and really need to stay on top of my mobility and stretching for the hips, glutes, and lower body in general.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 3- June 27th:​

Pre-workout: 2ABE, 1 AT2, 1 scoop ModernBCAA+
Periworkout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 5g PeptoPro, 20g Carbs

Training:
Day 3:

Competition Bench Press Work up to x3 @9 Load Drop 4-6%
Squat +Avg Bands Work up to x2 @9 Load Drop 4-6%
Push Press x3 @8 Repeats.

175lbs x 3@7
195lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @8
215lbs x 3 @9
Load Drop
205lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @8
205lbs x 3 @9

Squat +Avg. Bands:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5
275lbs x 2 @8
295lbs x 2 @8.5
305lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
295lbs x 2 @8
295lbs x 2 @9

Felt pretty hard. 305lbs felt better than the 295lbs set though.

Push Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 95lbs x 8, 115lbs x 3
135lbs x 3 @7
145lbs x 3 @8
145lbs x 3 @8
145lbs x 3 @9

Still some slight tightness in the lower back/glute area. I hit it with some myofascial release and stretching before any lifting today and I felt pretty much normal during the lift (other than constantly thinking about it in the back of my mind). Trigger points were less severe today and it didn't really hamper my lift. I did try to take it easy and tried to stay very calm all workout hoping to not aggravate anything.

Diet:
High Carb Day. May go out and get something tonight as I am starving and not sure if my normal meal plan will quench it..

Supplements:
-Only 2 days left of Bioforge. :(
-Good recovery from a DOMS perspective, but the volume of last week is still hitting me. Some slight trends of overreaching atm (not a bad thing and about where it should be).
-I keep forgetting to add that I am also taking in some more liquid fish oil lately as I am really missing some omega-3s (other than Aqua Red) in my diet currently. Shifting some food choices around to and salting more food as well.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 4- June 28th:​

Pre-workout: 2ABE, 1 AT2, 1 scoop ModernBCAA+
Periworkout: 1 scoop ModernBCAA+, 5g PeptoPro, 25g Carbs

Deadlift w/Minis Work up to x2 @9 Load Drop (4-6%)
Towel Press Work up to x2 @9 Load Drop (4-6%)
Snatch SLDL x4 @8 Repeats.

Glute Mash, Adductor Foam Rolling/Mobility, Glute Activation
Deadlift with Minis:
Warm Up- 135lbs x 5 (warm up no bands), 135lbs x 5 (all subsequent sets with bands), 185lbs x 5, 225lbs x 4
275lbs x 2 @7.5
325lbs x 2 @8
345lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
325lbs x 2 @8
325lbs x 2 @8
325lbs x 2 @9

I felt 100% today (no glute/low back tightness/pain/etc) but was still nervous about pulling. I thought the last set was 335lbs but was actually 345lbs and went up pretty easy. I wasn't very fast off the floor but had good speed once I was below the knees and to lockout. I found it interesting that despite the set back on Tuesday, today I felt my form was much better than usual and it was only on my second rep on 345lbs that I felt even the slightest upper back rounding (lower back felt strong and secure all day).

8cm Towel Press:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 5, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 165lbs x 4
195lbs x 2 @7.5
215lbs x 2 @8
235lbs x 2 @9
Load Drop
225lbs x 2 @8
225lbs x 2 @9

I have great speed on the presses today. Much less of a sticking point in my upper half of my presses than usual (something I have noticed more and more improvement on in the last several weeks).

Snatch SLDL:
Warm Up: 45lbs x 8, 135lbs x 8, 185lbs x 5
225lbs x 4 @7
255lbs x 4 @7
275lbs x 4 @8
275lbs x 4 @8
275lbs x 4 @8
275lbs x 4 @9

Was a little tired earlier in the day but felt great by the time my lift started. This lift was even better mentally than physically. I was a little worried and down about the hip/glute tightness the last couple days so not having any problems today and actually putting up some improved numbers was a nice feeling.

Diet:
Moderate carb today. I am eating a lot and my grocery bill is annoying...I also feel like I am always buying food. If I was a bigger guy who had to eat even more idk what I'd do. :eek:

Supplements:
-Still going pretty low stim most days. Took some Decimate + AT2 this morning though. No pre-workout stims. If I take enhanced again soon it is gonna get crazy...........feel great lately though.
-Solid body comp still. Almost feel my waist is too small right now for some of this heavy lifting (sitting around 28"). :eek:
-Strength is great this week though. Other than yesterday things have been awesome. I felt unstoppable again today. I may have been able to do even more but didn't want to push it. Excited for my mock meet coming up!
-I did end up eating a meal with a bunch of ice-cream and cereal yesterday. I am not super strict with my diet (but then again compared to what even most people on line consider strict it is), but the ice cream was epic (BnJ everything but the). Woke up looking sharp though. ;)

Awards
  • Established
Keep killing it bro! 28" waist... I feel small at 33... LOL

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beast mode in here :D. I have been the same way lately with the grocery bill. I feel like I am constantly buying more and more food. Now that I started my new stack/log, the hunger is going to rise even more :eek5:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep killing it bro! 28" waist... I feel small at 33... LOL
Ya when I tighten up my belt I look funny. :eek:

Beast mode in here :D. I have been the same way lately with the grocery bill. I feel like I am constantly buying more and more food. Now that I started my new stack/log, the hunger is going to rise even more :eek5:
Ya it is crazy for sure. Can't complain about my results so I gotta keep buying all this quality food. :D

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to get back to Wyoming so I can start cooking more types of food. I am kind of limited as of right now on my choices and seeing The Solution and Breezy's logs, I can hardly open them because of all the food porn going on.