Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
got my 1st workout in using powermax...i started at 2 scoops.

1st off i liked the taste, hell it tasted really good!!!!

no problem with mixing!

hits kinda quickly but is very subtle, doesn't smack you in the face...very ninja like in how it creeps up on you. i just gradually kept on getting more work done without really thinking about how tired i was. pump was only so/so, but i attribute this to not doing much weight training for over a week due to a freak shoulder injury....when i don't train for an extended time pumps are much harder to come by. actually i was surprised to get any pump at all-thumbsup!!! endurance was also good, but i was really pumped to be back in gym....all in all i am very happy with my 1st workout with powermax!!!

big thanks to performax labs...i think good things are going to happen here!!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In, good first post man! Excited to see this continue on for ya. Two scoops should definitely be a sweet spot. What does your workout split look like?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad you enjoyed it.

I like the refrence to a ninja haha but yea i notice its like, the energy is there when you need it, but its not like over powering where it taking away from the focus of the workout. Looking forward to this log!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In, good first post man! Excited to see this continue on for ya. Two scoops should definitely be a sweet spot. What does your workout split look like?
workout routine is kinda hit and miss until shoulder heals completely...i was sore today from yesterdays high volume workout, but i went ahead and did enough low to moderate lifts in my basement to get a decent pump going. then after 30 minutes of cardio i worked in my garden and yard for a few hours.

again, powermax didn't dissapoint...the creep up on you energy seemed to keep building through out workout, didn't notice any crash and still was going pretty strong over 3 hours after taking-in all honesty, high powered stims seem to have a short life span with me so i was pleased with this. even though energy was sustained, when i went to bed after yardwork was done i had no problem falling asleep.

2 days in a row is enough stress on my less than 100% shoulder, tomorrow it's weighted stairclimbing!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
did the stairs today....powermax did not disappoint. to be honest i am really liking this stuff. at 1st i was skeptical because i am a big stim junkie and thought powermax was going to be weak on stim....however it is holding it's own nicely!!!

the jury is still out on if it holds up in the long run....but i am definately keeing a open mind!!!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
From what i noticed the really high stim products you tend to build a tolerance to quicker where as something like powermax that is more focused on clean, consistent energy, it doesnt seem like that tolerance builds nearly as fast. The effects stay very consistent for me over long periods of time.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what i noticed the really high stim products you tend to build a tolerance to quicker where as something like powermax that is more focused on clean, consistent energy, it doesnt seem like that tolerance builds nearly as fast. The effects stay very consistent for me over long periods of time.
Second this for sure. I still actively use Powermax, and have for a few months and have never needed to go over two scoops while still feeling the same effects.

Also, nice update man. I will usually take 1 scoop before running or cardio so I can get some of the focus effects with out my calves getting too pumped up! :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Second this for sure. I still actively use Powermax, and have for a few months and have never needed to go over two scoops while still feeling the same effects.

Also, nice update man. I will usually take 1 scoop before running or cardio so I can get some of the focus effects with out my calves getting too pumped up! :)
yeah, i think 2 scoops might be too much for something like weighted stairclimbing. will try just 1 next time out!!!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
got my 1st workout in using powermax...i started at 2 scoops.

1st off i liked the taste, hell it tasted really good!!!!

no problem with mixing!

hits kinda quickly but is very subtle, doesn't smack you in the face...very ninja like in how it creeps up on you. i just gradually kept on getting more work done without really thinking about how tired i was. pump was only so/so, but i attribute this to not doing much weight training for over a week due to a freak shoulder injury....when i don't train for an extended time pumps are much harder to come by. actually i was surprised to get any pump at all-thumbsup!!! endurance was also good, but i was really pumped to be back in gym....all in all i am very happy with my 1st workout with powermax!!!

big thanks to performax labs...i think good things are going to happen here!!!

Awesome review! Very closely describes the PowerMax experience(my personal). It's not a slap all at once, or a crash at the end. It's just a state of focus and determination to throw around whatever comes my way...haha

Glad you enjoyed the flavor, mixing is not even an issue huh? I almost found it to mix itself for the most part, very little residue left at the bottom.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i agree...i mentioned that in an earlier post i think...that not only tolerance builds faster, but i also think the effects last longer with powermax over a stronger stim product!!! at any rate, i am enjoying the effects---other than the cramps, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome review! Very closely describes the PowerMax experience(my personal). It's not a slap all at once, or a crash at the end. It's just a state of focus and determination to throw around whatever comes my way...haha

Glad you enjoyed the flavor, mixing is not even an issue huh? I almost found it to mix itself for the most part, very little residue left at the bottom.
yeah, the only reason i mentioned mixing is in the past a lot of pre-workout products were more difficult to get fully mixed-i even resorted to using my stirrer stick on some, so to me that is a bonus!!! no doubt you have nailed the taste, even though many say taste is not the main thing, for me i much prefer to drink something that is pleasant, rather than something that is not...but that's just me!!!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did a log for this and fell in love!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
today was for the most part an off day...i did get in a jog in the park with my dog sid, weather was fantastic today. sid is really into hiit, high intensity when he sees a squirell or other dog, pretty much a slow trot other times. i just used 1 scoop of powermax today, got a good sweat going and got the heart rate up and mood was good...not really much i can add other than i didn't notice much energy from 1 scoop, but fatigue from work was less noticeable

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
got to spend time with grandkids today so it was just a quickie in the basement, enough to get a good pump going, but not a full out workout...again just 1 scoop today. i feel really rested and recovered, so tomorrow it's off nifs for my big workout of the week.....i migh try 2.5 scoops tomorrow and see if the increased dosage is worth it in terms of effects.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
got to spend time with grandkids today so it was just a quickie in the basement, enough to get a good pump going, but not a full out workout...again just 1 scoop today. i feel really rested and recovered, so tomorrow it's off nifs for my big workout of the week.....i migh try 2.5 scoops tomorrow and see if the increased dosage is worth it in terms of effects.
2.5 scoops, ZING!
I found that 2 was the absolute perfect amount for me. Just enough energy without feeling stimmed out. And it is so damn delicious.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea two scoops has been the sweet slot for most people, but if you try 2.5 let us know. Also, when's the last time you took a stim break?

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea two scoops has been the sweet slot for most people, but if you try 2.5 let us know. Also, when's the last time you took a stim break?
Break?!?! From happiness and energy?
;)

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha! But seriously, gotta take breaks from time to time.
I agree with this. I am going to do a 4 weeks on, 1 week off stim cycle. Prevent from having to break too long!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol....i am going to pretend you never asked that!!!

i actually went with 3 scoops this morning...more to come after i go check on my pig. rented a smoker and found a farmer who sold me a whole pig, doing up fathers day in a big way with a giant family and friends backyard bbq!!! :food::food::food::food:

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well that sounds awesome, gotta love a good ol bbq!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Haha! But seriously, gotta take breaks from time to time.

WORD!

I completely weened off stimulants last week, well I lie(had about 100mg of caffine/day), along with catching up on much needed sleep, years of academic related sleep deprivation + stimulants.

Well I'll tell you, two scoops of PowerMax felt fantastic giving myself all that rest. Sometimes towards the end of the week, I'd find myself consuming 2.5 scoops to ge the job done, but it wasn't that two scoops wasn't adequate, it's that I was far too tolerant.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
although i can handle over 2 scoops with no problem at all i find that i generally would rather stick with 2 scoops. Its just the perfect dose for me, perfect amount of energy and endurance, still with crazy pumps.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, yesterday was hectic beyond belief...so here is my review of yesterdays workout using 3 scoops of performax.

1st i had a great workout
2nd pump was better than 2 scoops
3rd energy was better than 2 scoops

in the end, even though i really enjoyed 3 scoops i wouldn't use 3 on a regular basis. i might use 3 scoops on a particularly heavy day or day when i really needed the extra boost. for me, the profile of performax is designed for 2 scoops and using more on a regular basis would not be practical. honestly, if more stim boost is what i was after, i would just add some caffeine!!! imo, powermax has a great profile at 2 scoops!!!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff, I totally agree. 2 scoops=WIN

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ok, yesterday was hectic beyond belief...so here is my review of yesterdays workout using 3 scoops of performax.

1st i had a great workout
2nd pump was better than 2 scoops
3rd energy was better than 2 scoops

in the end, even though i really enjoyed 3 scoops i wouldn't use 3 on a regular basis. i might use 3 scoops on a particularly heavy day or day when i really needed the extra boost. for me, the profile of performax is designed for 2 scoops and using more on a regular basis would not be practical. honestly, if more stim boost is what i was after, i would just add some caffeine!!! imo, powermax has a great profile at 2 scoops!!!
I couldnt agree more, it was really designed for 2 scoops and at 2 scoops your getting great doses of the more important ingredients like Creatine,Taurine, Citrulline, Agmatine and PL-Carnitine. Just like i said above, 3 scoop does provide 'more' but 2 scoops seems to be my sweet spot. If you really needed more energy a caffeine tab would handle that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, I totally agree. 2 scoops=WIN
indeed..even though powermax is a proprietary blend 2 scoops is right at 10 gms of actives. dividing it up i think you are getting adequate doses of the stuff that counts:
creatine
l-citrulline
agmatine
procar

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I couldnt agree more, it was really designed for 2 scoops and at 2 scoops your getting great doses of the more important ingredients like Creatine,Taurine, Citrulline, Agmatine and PL-Carnitine. Just like i said above, 3 scoop does provide 'more' but 2 scoops seems to be my sweet spot. If you really needed more energy a caffeine tab would handle that.
lol...you slid this post in while i was typing....we are being redundant, lol.:hitwithrock:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, another decent workout. did arms and chest in my basement then did a ton of pulldowns-trying to get that V look. after that it was abs, did a variety of different stuff for abs but the thing i think does the most is weighted leg raises[laying flat on bench wearing ankle weight and slowly raising legs up and down] damn, that really burns!!!

on to powermax...very consistent, i notice no drop off of stim effect even though i have been using everyday[1 scoop only on off days for cardio]. another thing i notice is the pump..i hadn't worked out upper body for awhile due to injury prior to starting powermax. actually my 1st workout i didn't even get much in way of a pump, but since then pump has been getting continuosly better. i believe that powermax has sped up my way back to 100% after the injury layoff.

btw-even though i mentioned this before, it deserves mentioning again:
this stuff tastes great!!!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good update man! Gotta agree with ya on the taste, I still love it

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its funny cause thats how everyone has noticed the pumps with this round of logs. First 1-2 workouts no one was really that impressed then BAM everyones pumped, Booneman was getting pumped forearms from cardio haha.

For Citrulline ive always noticed the effects pretty quickly however Agmatine n PLCAR the effects seem to get stronger.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its funny cause thats how everyone has noticed the pumps with this round of logs. First 1-2 workouts no one was really that impressed then BAM everyones pumped, Booneman was getting pumped forearms from cardio haha.

For Citrulline ive always noticed the effects pretty quickly however Agmatine n PLCAR the effects seem to get stronger.
this may seem out in left field, but i always seem to get better pumps when i am using creatine....it's the other stuff that causes the pump, i understand that...but i believe that adding an adequate amount of creatine, along with agmatine/plcar/citrulline does in fact increase the pump over time...don't forget the glysine!!!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this may seem out in left field, but i always seem to get better pumps when i am using creatine....it's the other stuff that causes the pump, i understand that...but i believe that adding an adequate amount of creatine, along with agmatine/plcar/citrulline does in fact increase the pump over time...don't forget the glysine!!!
I totally agree with this. I love the pump that powermax gave me. Adizzle1 , is NP going to carry this anytime soon? Dr.Veritas

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea def, the increase in cell volume from the creatine, taurine and glycine def. play a role IMO, then you get an increased in NO and endothelial function from Citrlline n PLCAR and the nutrient partitioning effect from agmatine. Really delivers good pumps and fullness from multiple angles.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea def, the increase in cell volume from the creatine, taurine and glycine def. play a role IMO, then you get an increased in NO and endothelial function from Citrlline n PLCAR and the nutrient partitioning effect from agmatine. Really delivers good pumps and fullness from multiple angles.
most preworkouts are propietary, but looking at profile and gms per serving you can kinda sort it out. powermax seems to be one of only a few that contain even close to an effective dose of creatine...i understand every company wants to micro size because it is much cheaper to package and ship and creatine requires more volume than many other ingredients, but i think it is well worth it based on effects of powermax.

so far i would have to say:
good job performax!!!

btw-did i mention that it tastes great!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
used 1 scoop this morning before cardio, did 40 minutes on treadmill then ab work.

just got back from 2nd cardio...took my dog sid for a jog in the park. i dosed 1 scoop powermax 20 minutes prior. geez louise, i was sweating like crazy. energy and endurance were good, but high humidity plays hell on my breathing. i was sucking air like an asthmatic pig, but made close to 3 miles before sid tapped out!!!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
used 1 scoop this morning before cardio, did 40 minutes on treadmill then ab work.

just got back from 2nd cardio...took my dog sid for a jog in the park. i dosed 1 scoop powermax 20 minutes prior. geez louise, i was sweating like crazy. energy and endurance were good, but high humidity plays hell on my breathing. i was sucking air like an asthmatic pig, but made close to 3 miles before sid tapped out!!!
Nice!! I like powermax for the cardio endurance as well.
And I can't stand the humidity down here either, but it is a hell of a lot better than putting up with snow 4-6 months a year

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice!! I like powermax for the cardio endurance as well.
And I can't stand the humidity down here either, but it is a hell of a lot better than putting up with snow 4-6 months a year
yeah, it seems like spring and fall don't exist anymore...it's either too damned hot, or too damned cold!!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, it seems like spring and fall don't exist anymore...it's either too damned hot, or too damned cold!!!
I hear ya, I live in Iowa and the humidity can be stifling

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya, I live in Iowa and the humidity can be stifling
at least it isn't anything new....people have been bitching about the weather ever since noah and that damned flood!!!:chairfall:

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
at least it isn't anything new....people have been bitching about the weather ever since noah and that damned flood!!!:chairfall:
It's such a normal thing in the midwest, it makes me laugh. People complain in the summer how it's too hot, then the second it gets cold for winter they complain how it's too cold!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's such a normal thing in the midwest, it makes me laugh. People complain in the summer how it's too hot, then the second it gets cold for winter they complain how it's too cold!
it's because it's so damned boring in the midwest...so if you haven't got anything else to say you can always say....how bout this weather...lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just a simple workout in basement today...kinda taking it easy in preparation of weighted stair climbing at my aunts apt building tomorrow!!!

besides today was one of those lazy days, so i just went with it, lol.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta have some chill days!