performax(sponsored) superhero Powermax log by chefbo

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
tomorrow I am starting this log on Performax labs Powermax preworkout supplement
powermax.png

got to thank everyone at aPerformax labs for this opportunity to log this product . I hope to post some great thing from it. thanks to nicksox for coming up with such a cool way to get loggers! Captain America Rocks!

I am currently at 170 lbs. workout 4-5 days a week 2 day spilt. usually mon, tue-thurs fri off sat, sun. wednsday is for ab workouts at home.
macros currently are at 300 pro, 100 carbs (may crank them a tad ) and 80 fat or there abouts. cals 2500-2700 gonna add more come july 500 aday to gradually start to add weight back all protein and carbs.
hope to see wonderful things from this as far as energy , stamina and power. these things should help me start to add some size by increasing my strength during lifts. stay tuned!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Thanks for getting this started, looking forward to it!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
tomorrow I am starting this log on Performax labs Powermax preworkout supplementView attachment 82415

got to thank everyone at aPerformax labs for this opportunity to log this product . I hope to post some great thing from it. thanks to nicksox for coming up with such a cool way to get loggers! Captain America Rocks!

I am currently at 170 lbs. workout 4-5 days a week 2 day spilt. usually mon, tue-thurs fri off sat, sun. wednsday is for ab workouts at home.
macros currently are at 300 pro, 100 carbs (may crank them a tad ) and 80 fat or there abouts. cals 2500-2700 gonna add more come july 500 aday to gradually start to add weight back all protein and carbs.
hope to see wonderful things from this as far as energy , stamina and power. these things should help me start to add some size by increasing my strength during lifts. stay tuned!
Hey brother glad to see this getting started!!

Im actually on a very similar diet to you right now as i cut but i think your total cals may be a bit high.

Right now im doing 2800 calories, 300g Protein, 250g Carbs, 95g Fat.

If your doing 300g Protein, 100g Carbs and 80-100g fat your in the 2300-2500 calorie range! I like your idea of gradually adding carbs back in though, most poeple blast them after a cut and end up fat again!

Really looking forward to this!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a bit confused as well. I announced winners on June 1st and was not made aware that you had any other log commitments. And looking at the ingredients to the other log they definitely should not be run at the same time for accurate reviews. Who did you commit to first

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I'd prefer that he finishes up the log for you first, then get into ours asap. That work for everyone?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
sure sorry about that I had no idea that this being a preworkout would have any effect on skewing anything up. I have 3 weeks left on bio cors so I will hold off on the powermax until then. once again my apologies to both companies . I have had such bad luck at doing any sponsored logs in the past there was no way I could win two in a row. guess I'll bow out next time.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's all good man, some of the ingredients are pretty similar or the same (creatine) So we want our log to be as close to just Powermax to gauge results as possible. And I'm sure BioCor feels the same way. Just post in here when you're good to start and we'll get going!

BioCorRob

BioCorRob

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's all good man, some of the ingredients are pretty similar or the same (creatine) So we want our log to be as close to just Powermax to gauge results as possible. And I'm sure BioCor feels the same way. Just post in here when you're good to start and we'll get going!

Exactly! Just want accurate results. Thanks chefbo!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Exactly! Just want accurate results. Thanks chefbo!
Did shoulders and tris yesterday.
Smith presses
10@95,10@115,9@135
Side lateral,seated
10@20,10@25,12@30+4 half reps
Decline raises
Same as above
One arm cable lateral
[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]+half reps

Triceps
Pushdowns
10@75,10@95,12@105
Skullcrushers
10@45,10@5,6@65
Reverse cable extetions
Run the rack to failure
105,95,85,75,+5,55,45,35,25,17.5,12.5
My arms werr full and done.
Can't wait to see what the bio cor does for me lifting this way.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Oh I see there was some slight confusion here. As Nicksox15 has suggested, please go ahead and finish the Biocor log, and we'll have you get started on logging PowerMax shortly afterwards. Looking forward to it!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad we got this figured out guys, simple mistake and this log will start back up once hes done with Biocor line!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
ok I will be cranking this one up august 1st when I really start my new fall bulk. increased training and calories but will maintain a clean diet with a lot of water. I don't want to sacrifice too much of what I have gained in definition through the spring and summer. I may have to wait to add any bulking agents such as prohormones until money comes in . I will rely on Performax powermax for the ignition to fuel my workouts until its depletion . I am looking to either go with two ph's during this bulk and maybe test e depending on my financial situation. I really want to pack on some mass and I know to do this I will have to eat , train and rest hard.i am shooting to go back up in the 180's as lean as possible.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the update man, looking forward to it!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
all right lets get this thing started finally!

leg day in a =big way
to pre-workout 1 hour prior to workout

warm up with 90 lb leg extentions for 20 reps
just to let you know I count sets but not reps I just go till I can't do anymore (failure everyone)

leg ext.

leg curls(seated reverse)

leg press /calf press
super set with sumo deadlifts
135 for 3 sets

squats on smith machine
135, 185,185

done

this is gonna hurt tomorrow. for those who haven't followed any of my logs I have been prone to injury for getting to cocky and not knowing my limits. well I have learned from my mistakes and I lift conservatively and safely. I try to take the muscle to true failure to stress them with the right amount of weight and rep range to achieve hypertrophy in them. I have learned a lot over the last two years since I got back into training full time 5 days a week. I have lost 22 lbs of fat from my physique( I love being able to say physique) instead of body. I am 52 years of age come Sept. and before I reach 53 I will be in the best shape of my life .that is my goal, my attainable goal through hard work ,dedication and perseverance. I will not fail at this. I must not! I told my wife tonight I am mister vascular with all the veins coming out in my chest , shoulders and arms. I love it. if I could just get the. fat layer off my abs I would be elated .

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mr.Vascular, i love it. Thanks for update brother, looking forward to seeing them as often as possible brother!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
just a note . I will be running a Finaflex px black fat burner along with this plus a test booster. test booster is a daily thing for me being my age. had blood work done 4 months ago and was around 270 , was recommended trt but the copay was so much just for the initial exam I thought I would try another means. so with d-aspartic acid and some test c. I am good to go now . no longer on the test c just the daa. still got some belly fat to shed. may pick up some yohimbe for the ride . I am looking to start a bulk in September if everything goes well. more than likely Performax will be on the list. this stuff gives me so much focus and energy so far.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lookin forward to following along! do you cycle your test boosters? You should be taking a few weeks off after a two month cycle

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Lookin forward to following along! do you cycle your test boosters? You should be taking a few weeks off after a two month cycle
yeah I just got these through some logs I did and have them available. I noticed on the last one I started getting acne a lot so I quit for going on two weeks now. maybe i'll just stay off them through this one to clear it up.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Acne is definitely a sign that they're working though. Still a good idea to take a break from them though. Looking forward to following along man!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Nice relaxing day with the family. Did some morning abs before breakfast. Should be back day tomorrow. I will log after workout, really want to see what powermax will do.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late but subbed Chefbo. Good lifting wishes.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
this will be the last month of the diet.didn't get what I wanted which is rid of my belly fat. couldn't find time for cardio. diet was ok but could have been stricter. come sept I am on an all out bulk until next april going for 20 lbs of lean mass and that means a lot of food and supplementation. thank goodness I can get a lot of calories at work so it won't cost so much at home. my kids eat enough as it is and if I start gobbling down dozens of chicken breasts and fish filets each week it will add up. I am gonna look into maybe each month getting a mass gainer just to boost the cals now and then. my training should be on point if I keep my head straight and don't get cocky but that will be another log.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
todays workout in two parts

home gyms- arms
biceps movements to include
alternating dumbbell curls
25, 30, 35

hammer curls
25, 30, 35

standing 21s with ez bar
40, 50,60

triceps
cable pushdowns rope
75, 85, 95

skull crushers

reverse straighbar extentions

closegrip bench ex bar
70, 80,70,60

gym -back
closegrip reverse pulldowns
seated row wide grip
100, 110,120,110, 100
seated one arm row
pullups wide grip
body weight three sets of as many as I can get
that should be all I have time for just took powermax and wil start in 10 minutes on arms.
i'll review status later tonight to see how it went.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
well I swole up like a tick on the arms session . measured them and they were up over half and inch.

took my son to karate and went for my back workout at the ymca.

slammed out two run the rack up and down supersets on pull downs and seated rows .finishing at 30 lbs and could barely move the bar.

went right into seated one arm rows and went right over to one arm dumbbell rows to failure 50,60,70

that was all the time I had but it was wide open and intense. lats are fried and so are rhomboids. didn't have time to do any bent over rows so I wil get them next go round. so far I really like the powermax . not overstimmed at all just intense focus and pump. it is a bit sweet for my taste maybe a different flavor would be different but it is definitely a keeper so far. I have had so many bad ones that I had to throw out because of that . not this one, Good job guys!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never heard the swole up like a tick, lol. Glad powermax could help ya with that!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
chest today
powermax 30 minutes before and once again on point and focused. I mean man, you go in and you train wide open no rest until you just can't do anymore.

flat bench on smith
decline bench

incline dumbbell bench
flat bench dumbbell press
40, 45,35, then to hex presses 35,30,25,20

cable crossover flyes
resistance(12.5,17.5,22.5,27.5,22.5,17.5,12.5,7.5

shoulder gave out so I stopped. chest is tight and swollen . 40 minutes and I am out. creatine shake , banana, then dinner. bike riding with the kids and bed.
I need to get to bed earlier , since I went back to work it has been harder to fall asleep at night . only getting around 6 hours . can't grow on that little sleep.

on a positive note , at eh gym last night I noticed I may have finally reached the pinnacle of respect . guys that usually would just walk by me not saying anything give me a what's up or hey man! this are big boys too. so I guess I have made the cut , and have been received as an iron pusher!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update, way to make the best of your time in the gym! And welcome to the iron man club there, lol

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Leg day and man was it crowded !
Hit the hard ones today squats, deep squats, leg press.
HIT Dorian yates style.
Deep squat95,125,145 -10 reps

Squats -185,215,245-10,8,6
Superset with deadlfts 185,215,225 -10 ea

Leg press-390,480,525-20 ea
Superset with calf press same as above but 40 reps ear.

That is gonna hurt tomorrow. This stuff really puts you on task.this was a hard one for me with my back issues but I got through it.when I started to hurt I moved to something else. I turn 52 the 16th of September. That will be the all out start of my quest to achieve the best body I have ever had. Any help I ca get from this great community is appreciated.

Attachments

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout dude! Glad you moves on from stuff that hurt your back, but kept the workout going. Fighting through the pain FTW

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
performax powermax before workout this morning along with a fat burner. not a good idea on an empty stomach. lesson learned.

shoulders and triceps
warmed up with some cable raises 2 sets @20lbs
three working sets then walked the rack back down

shoulder press dumbbells
25, 35, 40

seated laterals

bentover seated laterals

skullcrushers
65 for 3 sets to failure

cable pushdowns
reverse cable extensions

tris are toast and swole felt good except the dizzy feeling from the fat burner and coffee. too much caffeine before workout makes Bo a dizzy boy!

45 grams of protein straight after workout muscle milk and prosupps bar. then to the house for lunch. good day. backs till a little geeked up from deads Thursday. I will be using dumbbells from here on out to not complicate things. when I go on the bulk I want no injuries to impede my goals. have a good weekend all those who are following this thread (few as you may be) thanks bo.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout man! That's a lot of caffeine if you had coffee with a fat burner plus powermax!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
arms after lunch and chest before dinner!

warmed up with some dumbbell curls then on the plan!

bis and tris

straight bar curls 6 sets

incline dumbbell curls
30, 40, 30,25

hammer curls
40, 45,50

overhead cable extensions

close grip bench press
95 for 3 sets to failure

triceps pushdowns
57.5, 67.5, 77.5, 67.5,57.5,47.5, 32.5

chest

flat bench
135,155,175, 155,135

decline bench
135 for 3 sets

incline dumbbell press
40, 40, 30,30

incline flyes
30 for 3 sets

pullovers
60 for 4 sets of 8

not everything I could do but I ran out of time . not bad for an old man though! two workouts in a day.

tomorrow back or legs depends on the arms!

powermax at it again love this stuff. very nice pump, amazing clean energy.
on another note there was a girl there tonight looked like a competitive bbder . dogging my ass with weight! that's ok , i'm not twenty anymore , but she was buff!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout man, how did the tris feel when doing chest earlier in the day? I'd suggest flipping those and hitting the chest up first, then arms later so you're at your strongest on bench chest movements

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
I haven't done this much it just worked out that way. I usually do chest alone nothing else but I had limited time on both sessions so I hit what I could in the time I had. they felt pretty good. my shoulder gave me a twinge on both workouts especially close grip bench for tris and incline dumbbell presses. just the angle I was hitting them. it started on flat bench but I adjusted my self under the bar and took the pressure off. after I got home and started adding up the weight I realized I got a new pr on bench I have never in my life done 175 before especially for that many reps. I am curious to see what my clean bench press max would be now. I usually don't care about that , I just go for failure and I know I am doing it right for growth, but this has got me thinking. I am definitely stronger than I have ever been even getting older, this is what it is all about. my chest is sore but I didn't get to shred it as usual with cross overs . I really like to finish with them , makes me feel like I really did some work. my arms are kicking my ass this morning though! have a good one. I guess legs are it today!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work on the PR man, age is nothing but a number!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Back yesterday.
Widegrip pulldowns
82.5,87.5,92.5, 97.5, 92.5, 87.5,82.5,77.5,72.5 all the way to 42.5
T bar row

Bentover rows
4 sets of 115 to failure

One arm row

Seated wide grip row

Pullups
Bodyweight to failure
Not many as my arms were blasted

Powermax is an amazing preworkout you really don't want to stop.

Finished with 15 minute treadmill jog.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bet your arms were blasted after that! How were the bi and back pumps after all that volume?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
shoulders tonight

quick one but a good one

started with rotator cuff warmup with 10lbers
the massive set of side laterals
200 reps 12,15,20,20,15,12 ten reps each started with 20 @3 sets

one arm cable raises
8 each arm for 4 sets at 20 lbs

machine seated shoulder press
4 sets of 10

behind the back shrugs
65 lbs 4 sets 20

one arm shrugs
20 for 4 sets each @40lbs

that's all the time I had but they are burnt.

I should be able to get legs tomorrow depending on work schedule. wish I would have had more time today , I still had power left but a buddy of mine was on the smith so I didn't get to do barbell presses.

did some core work later on at home. still trying to lose this midsection fat to see some abs before starting my bulk. in September. I am hoping to find some money to get what I want to help with this, but it isn't looking good. even some protein powder would help . with prices these days buying a lot of food for a family of five ontop of what I will need will be very expensive. don't know how single people do it. on a positive not though great workout!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fantastic volume Chef! You're killing my volume levels. Nice work brother.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, you've been killing it with volume! Good job making the most out of the time you had!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
allrighty legg day yea ah!!!!!

front squats
95 4sets of 8 deep

leg press
388, 478,503,503
15 reps for first three 25 for last one

calf press same as above except 20 reps each

squats
10 reps each

leg extensions

done and done. I couldn't have done another one if I wanted to I was so drained after this one . back is aching a little from the other night so I didn't want to push it. got in some supplement whey at work today. 2 scoops plus med 2 whey drink =60 grams protein, 114 carbs, 1000 calories!blam that should help out with the bulk.