Jim's new preworkout RITUAL.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna post up my initial review of ANS Ritual.

Used 1 packet today to do some stone loads at hip level, it was fairly low intensity as a sort of "active recovery"

1 Packet.

Mixability: Mixability is good, mixed the single packet with about 4-5oz of water in a regular water bottle and shook it up. It foamed up at the top, and there were a few small particles that could be seen floating around in it.

Taste: Smelled incredible, strong candy apple scent. Taste, not very good. Had a bit of a chemical taste to it, aftertaste was even worse. Not the worst tasting preworkout I've ever used, but it certainly was not the best. Might try diluting it more to see if it is better.

Focus: The focus was pretty good, I took it right as I showed up to the gym and started noticing increased focus as I was finishing up my warm-up.

Energy: It gave me a noticeable pick me up, I had been tired all morning and it was enough to energize me for the training session.

Endurance: Can't make too much of a comment on the muscular/cardiovascular endurance aspect as I kept it low intensity today. My breathing wasn't particularly labored during my sprints, but it isn't usually anyway. Did the "stone" loads for the first time, so I couldn't really say if they were easier than last time. What I can say is that I didn't feel a lot of lactic acid buildup during the lifts, and my training was not hindered by a pump while I held the stone against me for ~15 seconds, so it was a good effect, I will be able to weigh in on this more effectively on Monday.

Strength: Cannot comment, ended up doing ~245 pounds for the load. But, I had never done them before so I don't know if that is more or less than I would've been able to do without it.

2 scoop review coming on Monday!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is my 2 scoop review of ANS Ritual.

Workout was ME Upper Body, had my ME movement for a 4RM, Supplemental Lift, and then 2 Supersets.

2 Packets.

Mixability: Mixed just as well as 1 scoop did. Tried to dilute it just a little more today, used 12 ounces of water for the 2 scoops. Mixed with minimal floaters, and the initial foam went dispersed in almost no time at all.

Taste: Smelled incredible, strong candy apple scent. Taste, even worse. Doesn't taste like a "Candy Apple" at all, not worse than Craze, but still awful. Didn't enjoy it at all, actually had issues downing it.

Focus: The focus was intense with 2 scoops. I was antsy to begin sets, and found myself rushing my ME sets and having to force myself to rest the proper amount of time.

Energy: Wasn't particularly tired to begin with, but it gave me a noticeable boost of energy. Found myself out of breath at times during the supersets, but never had a true lack of energy throughout the whole session. :thumbsup:

Endurance: Muscular endurance was up, didn't notice a lot of lactic acid buildup during the high volume supersets, and had almost no rest moving from one to the other. Noticeable decrease in intra set recovery time.

Strength: Strength was definitely up today, can't know for sure if it was just a good day, or if the pre had a significant effect on my strength. What I do know is that I was moving more weight than I did last time I went for a 3RM on Bench (2 weeks ago, give or take) for more reps (work to 4RM)

Pump: Not the biggest pump I've ever had from supersets like the ones I did today, but it was a noticeable pump. Painful to an extent, just enough for me to complete the exercises with full ROM and still really notice it, but not as much as I have gotten from some other preworkouts. Possibly the perfect amount of pump for my purposes, not quite skin splitting but definitely a painful fullness.

Also, worth noting: I was sweating like a pig right at the start of the first superset. Which is an abnormal occurrence for me, I normally work up a pretty good sweat, but I was drenched today.

Overall: I think it is definitely on par with some of the better preworkouts on the market. My only real complaint is how much water it takes to dilute the flavor. I am not a fan of drinking large amounts of water with my pre because it makes me feel waterlogged and sick to my stomach. This happened to me today, but went away by the end of my warmup. Besides that I definitely had great results with it; the pump, endurance, focus, and energy were all spectacular and I don't really have a lot of negative to say about it.

Big thanks to Southpaw for letting me try and review this!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is my 2 scoop review of ANS Ritual.

Workout was ME Upper Body, had my ME movement for a 4RM, Supplemental Lift, and then 2 Supersets.

2 Packets.

Mixability: Mixed just as well as 1 scoop did. Tried to dilute it just a little more today, used 12 ounces of water for the 2 scoops. Mixed with minimal floaters, and the initial foam went dispersed in almost no time at all.

Taste: Smelled incredible, strong candy apple scent. Taste, even worse. Doesn't taste like a "Candy Apple" at all, not worse than Craze, but still awful. Didn't enjoy it at all, actually had issues downing it.

Focus: The focus was intense with 2 scoops. I was antsy to begin sets, and found myself rushing my ME sets and having to force myself to rest the proper amount of time.

Energy: Wasn't particularly tired to begin with, but it gave me a noticeable boost of energy. Found myself out of breath at times during the supersets, but never had a true lack of energy throughout the whole session. :thumbsup:

Endurance: Muscular endurance was up, didn't notice a lot of lactic acid buildup during the high volume supersets, and had almost no rest moving from one to the other. Noticeable decrease in intra set recovery time.

Strength: Strength was definitely up today, can't know for sure if it was just a good day, or if the pre had a significant effect on my strength. What I do know is that I was moving more weight than I did last time I went for a 3RM on Bench (2 weeks ago, give or take) for more reps (work to 4RM)

Pump: Not the biggest pump I've ever had from supersets like the ones I did today, but it was a noticeable pump. Painful to an extent, just enough for me to complete the exercises with full ROM and still really notice it, but not as much as I have gotten from some other preworkouts. Possibly the perfect amount of pump for my purposes, not quite skin splitting but definitely a painful fullness.

Also, worth noting: I was sweating like a pig right at the start of the first superset. Which is an abnormal occurrence for me, I normally work up a pretty good sweat, but I was drenched today.

Overall: I think it is definitely on par with some of the better preworkouts on the market. My only real complaint is how much water it takes to dilute the flavor. I am not a fan of drinking large amounts of water with my pre because it makes me feel waterlogged and sick to my stomach. This happened to me today, but went away by the end of my warmup. Besides that I definitely had great results with it; the pump, endurance, focus, and energy were all spectacular and I don't really have a lot of negative to say about it.

Big thanks to Southpaw for letting me try and review this!
Great review Jim! We share similar experiences with Ritual, specifically moving through our workouts faster. It literally cuts 15-20 minutes off my routine, which allows me to get out of the gym and use that time to run. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with Ritual.Thanks for posting up a review! :)