Performax Labs PowerMax Log (Sponsored)

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Dude, that's a pretty epic workout! How'd the back feel after all that volume? Glad Powermax could help power you through that beastly workout!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Dude, that's a pretty epic workout! How'd the back feel after all that volume? Glad Powermax could help power you through that beastly workout!
    Back was spent so where my shoulders part of the reason I didn't do the hypertension. I am feeling it pretty good today for sure not something i would recommend doing every work out but once a week I like to kill it. I try to pick a different body group to do it to each time see if I cant get some growth.
    Go big Or go home!!
    •   
       


  3. Ok sorry for the late update but after the last two days I been feeling pretty spent as you can imagine. Still man up and got in a leg work out not my greatest one ever but still walked out of the gym stronger then I was on some of my lifts so it was a good day. Still really enjoying the PowerMax honestly think its what got my thought my leg day after that killer back work out I did. Its seems like its just enough of a kick in the butt to get me motivated and puts enough in my tank to help me push though with out being over whelming. So on to my lift log like I said not epick but i got in some good lifts which makes me happy. I took out hack squats do to lack of time and I hate them lol. The only reason I had them was they where in the program originally. I will more then likely do them on power day instead of front squats not sure love to hear some ideas on the subject.

    Thursday - lower body Hyper Hypertrophy
    Barbell squat 205x5 210x5 210x6 (some reason squats are sucking cant get back in my grove)
    Leg press 210lbs 3 x 15
    Leg extensions 90 x 15,11 (did rest pause to get my 20 reps)
    Romanian Deadlift 225lbs x10 275lbs x8 315lbs x6
    Barbell hip thrust 135lbs 2x10
    Lying leg curls 70lbs 15,10 (rest pause for my 20 reps)
    Seated calf raise 230 4x25
    Hyperextentions 5x12
    Go big Or go home!!

  4. Still a good workout man! I don't think it would hurt to switch hack squats for front squats occasionally.

  5. I figure any day that you lift is a good day. I will probably go crazy July 1st though the 5th i am going on family vacation and I don't think I will have gym access not pleased going to pack my bands and running shoes for sure.
    Go big Or go home!!
    •   
       


  6. Agreed! I was in Mexico about a month ago for a wedding, I made sure to jog a few times at least. Sometimes a few days off from lifting can really help though, all of my lifts went up when I returned and I just felt great!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Agreed! I was in Mexico about a month ago for a wedding, I made sure to jog a few times at least. Sometimes a few days off from lifting can really help though, all of my lifts went up when I returned and I just felt great!
    It has been a while since i took time completely off from training so I might soak it up a little but thinking cardio is a must since I know there will be AMAZING food there and I am not going to restrict my eating while on vacation I am not going to go crazy either just try and enjoy my self with out going over board and keep my activity level in a good place while still getting some good recovery. That's the plan anyway.
    Go big Or go home!!

  8. O it has been a good day. Chest and arms was a great Trained hard today felt good had great energy and focus THANK YOU PowerMax really came througth for me. You may notice my volume is lower then it has been there is a reason I emailed layne norton on his program he him self told me that I may be over doing it a little and would see a better gain by cutting back a bit. Also suggested box squats for my hypertrophy leg day to add explosive power and that might help some of my squat issues. Could believe he even responded but per his advice I cut my sets back and limited to only 1 movement per muscle group that I train to failure and only on hypertrophy days. So check out my lift log and see what Powermax did for me and for every one reading this have a good weekend check back on monday for more great stuff to come.


    Icline dumbell press 55lbs x12,12,12,
    decline dumbbell press 55lbs x 12,12,11
    Dumbbell pull over 60lbs 15,15,13
    Cable cross over 55lbs 20,20,15 (drop set to failure)
    Ez bar curl 50lbs x12 55lbs x12,10
    incline curl 20lbs x 15 25lbs x 10,8
    preacher curl 70lbs x 15,15,10 drop set to failure
    Behind head close grip triceps extention 65lbs x 12,9,8
    Dips 15,11,10 (will add weight once I can do (3x15)
    tricept push downs 95lbs 20,15,14
    leg raises 25x4

    Now I know I usually do diamond push ups but switch to dips and felt it WAY more in my triceps also have been told that it should transfer to my bench press and shoulder press better and improve those lifts so going for it.
    Go big Or go home!!

  9. Nice workout man, and good info from Layne as well! You really kicked ass this week and we appreciate your great log

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mayhem99 View Post
    O it has been a good day. Chest and arms was a great Trained hard today felt good had great energy and focus THANK YOU PowerMax really came througth for me. You may notice my volume is lower then it has been there is a reason I emailed layne norton on his program he him self told me that I may be over doing it a little and would see a better gain by cutting back a bit. Also suggested box squats for my hypertrophy leg day to add explosive power and that might help some of my squat issues. Could believe he even responded but per his advice I cut my sets back and limited to only 1 movement per muscle group that I train to failure and only on hypertrophy days. So check out my lift log and see what Powermax did for me and for every one reading this have a good weekend check back on monday for more great stuff to come.


    Icline dumbell press 55lbs x12,12,12,
    decline dumbbell press 55lbs x 12,12,11
    Dumbbell pull over 60lbs 15,15,13
    Cable cross over 55lbs 20,20,15 (drop set to failure)
    Ez bar curl 50lbs x12 55lbs x12,10
    incline curl 20lbs x 15 25lbs x 10,8
    preacher curl 70lbs x 15,15,10 drop set to failure
    Behind head close grip triceps extention 65lbs x 12,9,8
    Dips 15,11,10 (will add weight once I can do (3x15)
    tricept push downs 95lbs 20,15,14
    leg raises 25x4

    Now I know I usually do diamond push ups but switch to dips and felt it WAY more in my triceps also have been told that it should transfer to my bench press and shoulder press better and improve those lifts so going for it.
    nice workout...stronger triceps means stronger bench, this is truth!!! ever try kickbacks?
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  11. Thanks every one for the support I lift alone don't get that much been pretty cool doing this log like this better then just reviews.

    thebigt: I have tried kick backs I do like them just find it hard to get any weight behind them but I am ALWAYS open to suggestions on how to improve any movement.

    Since my bench is my weakest point next to my shoulder press followed by squats (only because I started going ATG) I am really working on picking that up this winter. I plan to hit wendlers 5/3/1 with a mission and really add some power to all my lifts. I know that program and love it made some good gains off it love it for mass. Now that i got some time with PHAT going to pretty much just switch between these two to keep thing interesting.
    Go big Or go home!!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mayhem99 View Post
    Thanks every one for the support I lift alone don't get that much been pretty cool doing this log like this better then just reviews.

    thebigt: I have tried kick backs I do like them just find it hard to get any weight behind them but I am ALWAYS open to suggestions on how to improve any movement.

    Since my bench is my weakest point next to my shoulder press followed by squats (only because I started going ATG) I am really working on picking that up this winter. I plan to hit wendlers 5/3/1 with a mission and really add some power to all my lifts. I know that program and love it made some good gains off it love it for mass. Now that i got some time with PHAT going to pretty much just switch between these two to keep thing interesting.
    kickbacks are about form not volume...they will make you humble, lol.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  13. So your saying use them as a finisher some thing I focus on the squeeze and pump type deal. Maybe even super set with something?
    Go big Or go home!!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mayhem99 View Post
    So your saying use them as a finisher some thing I focus on the squeeze and pump type deal. Maybe even super set with something?
    exactly...start low to keep form clean, add more weight only when you can handle it while still keeping form[use mirror to check form]...will really pop tri's!!! really adds shape to tri's, gives the horseshoe look everyone talks about.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  15. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    exactly...start low to keep form clean, add more weight only when you can handle it while still keeping form[use mirror to check form]...will really pop tri's!!! really adds shape to tri's, gives the horseshoe look everyone talks about.

    REALLY!! Ok i am adding them in I think I got a great idea how where to put them in my program. thanks for the info big t
    Go big Or go home!!

  16. What is up every body

    Ok so did some thinking over the weekend and after rereading the PHAT program and the email I got from Layne this what I came up with. I am doing power two days a week hypertrophy 3 days a week. My power days should be move as much weight as I can in my rep range and then assistance work period no need to kill my self. On my hypertrophy days I can do a little killing and add in drop sets and rest pause type stuff along with explosive type speed work. So that is what is going on and first round was today must say I feel WAY better after my training then I do most the time and my log shows I still put in some work.

    Now as for PowerMax since that is what you guy are really interested in and I am rambling.... This stuff is still kicking strong I have noticed I am getting used to the energy. Now that's not to say I don't still feel it because I do its still kicks me in the butt and pushes me though my work out with some crazy jedi focus and clean energy. What I am trying to say is you get to expect what is bringing and it deliverers I hope that makes sense.

    So on to my lift log I cut some sets out and based my loading on wendlers 5/3/1 since I like it and know it works. So this is the plan and I am sticking to it better or worse no changes for at least 8 weeks see how this goes.

    Pendlay row 145x5 155x5 165x5
    Pull ups 10, 9 7
    supinated pull downs 90x10 95x10 100x10
    Flat Bench 160x5 170x5 175x5
    rev smith bench 70x10 90x10 110x10
    Standing press 95x5 100x5 105x5
    bardell curl 65x10 80x8 85x6
    Close grip bench 135x10 140x10 145x6
    Power shrugs 315x5x5
    weighted crunch 25x10x3
    Go big Or go home!!

  17. Nice workout man, looks like the next 8 weeks will be good for ya! And glad to hear you still have the jedi focus, gotta love it!

  18. Looks awesome and thats funny becuase i plan on incorporating 5/3/1 into the Phat program to help build up to full max out days. Also ive been thinking about it and i wouldnt be able to do a full leg workout twice a week so im doing the power day all power lifts with no real iso movements, and save that for Hypertrophy days, im thinking

    Squats: 5/3/1
    Deads: 3 x 6-10
    Leg Curls: 3 x 6-10
    Hyper Ext: 3 x 6-10
    Standing Calves
    Seated Calges

    This way i can focus the whole workout on the main lift then just follow it up with strength supporting exercises and leave the leg ext, leg press, lunges etc. for the hypertrophy days.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Looks awesome and thats funny becuase i plan on incorporating 5/3/1 into the Phat program to help build up to full max out days. Also ive been thinking about it and i wouldnt be able to do a full leg workout twice a week so im doing the power day all power lifts with no real iso movements, and save that for Hypertrophy days, im thinking

    Squats: 5/3/1
    Deads: 3 x 6-10
    Leg Curls: 3 x 6-10
    Hyper Ext: 3 x 6-10
    Standing Calves
    Seated Calges

    This way i can focus the whole workout on the main lift then just follow it up with strength supporting exercises and leave the leg ext, leg press, lunges etc. for the hypertrophy days.
    Thats not a bad idea and i like where your head is at. I am going to pretty much just do assistance work on my power day with like one hypertrophy type exercise so hack squat and good mornings with squats and dead lift keep the leg ex and curls just do two sets high rep and hit my calfs really hard. then on my hypertrophy day get the speed work in the hit hard with the rest.

    Right now I am worried about my back not sure how leg will go. Hoping I can do my lifts.
    Go big Or go home!!

  20. Had a solid lift day
    PowerMax didnt let me down quiet the opposite today it kinda shocked me maybe it was the fact i cut my training back but for some reason it felt stronger today very nice had to stop my self hoping it will be like that the rest of the week so I can kill it on my hypertrophy days. This update is going to be short and sweet sorry brain has WAY to much going on.

    Squat 165x5 190x5 220x5
    hack squat 110x10 140x10 165x10
    leg extentions 105x13 with rest pause to 20 reps
    Dead lift 255x5 295x5 335x5
    Good mornings 50x10 70x10 90x10 Never done these so feeling them out
    Lying leg curls 75x9 rest pause sets to 20reps
    standing calf raise 180x25x4
    seated calf raise 180x25x4

    So all in all a good solid workout
    Go big Or go home!!

  21. Gotta love those days where you just feel strong at the gym! Once again, great workout as always!

  22. Looks like an awesome workout and those are some good deadlifts after squats! Keep up the good work brother!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mayhem99 View Post
    Had a solid lift day
    PowerMax didnt let me down quiet the opposite today it kinda shocked me maybe it was the fact i cut my training back but for some reason it felt stronger today very nice had to stop my self hoping it will be like that the rest of the week so I can kill it on my hypertrophy days. This update is going to be short and sweet sorry brain has WAY to much going on.

    Squat 165x5 190x5 220x5
    hack squat 110x10 140x10 165x10
    leg extentions 105x13 with rest pause to 20 reps
    Dead lift 255x5 295x5 335x5
    Good mornings 50x10 70x10 90x10 Never done these so feeling them out
    Lying leg curls 75x9 rest pause sets to 20reps
    standing calf raise 180x25x4
    seated calf raise 180x25x4

    So all in all a good solid workout

    Solid Lifts my dude! Very impressive

    I'm curious to know how your lower body pump/fullness felt when taking PowerMax. I've had to take a break from deads for quite sometime, and never had the chance to use PowerMax for a solid set of deads.

    Either way looks great, looking forward to your next update.
    Former- Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    [COLOR=#333333]

  24. Hey thanks guys

    Dr. Veritas I notice a good fullness in my lats traps abs arms and just about everything after my dead lifts most the time. With PowerMax it sticks around longer and my muscles feel full way after my workout is finished. Also I have noticed that my vascularity is enhanced a good bit before I even start to lift which is odd to me but kinda cool as well.



    Go big Or go home!!

  25. Back hypertrophy my favorite

    So had another solid lift day I am feeling pretty good I think the reduce in over all volume is helping. I got some pictures I will try and post today give you some idea of the pump/blood flow I get from power max its pretty crazy imo. I would take some full body pictures but you all don't want to see the skinny fat guy so want to that to ya. Lift Log



    Barebell rows 135x8x3
    pull ups 10,7,6 rest paused to pick up missed reps
    t bar row 90x15 115x15 115x15
    supinated pull down 80x15x3
    seated cable row 90x20x3 (low pulley is 2x weight so actually 180)
    v bar pull down 150x20x3 ( again single high pulley weight is half )
    dumbbell press 35x12x3
    snatch grip upright row 95x15,12,10
    face pull 110x15x3 (single high pulley 1/2 weight)
    dumbbell lateral raise 10x20,20,15
    dumbbel rev fly 5x20 10x20 10x20
    snatch grip shrug 225x10x10

    Now I know you guys probably don't care to much about what the weight REALLY is coming off my cables but it makes me feel better lol.
    Go big Or go home!!

  26. http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...626_183211.jpg

    Here is a good one of my forearm this is like right after.
    Go big Or go home!!

  27. Nice workout! Looking pretty vascular a well.

  28. got some garden hoses goin through your forarm there brother haha
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  29. Killed it on chest and arms

    Loving the PowerMax ride it kicked in really well for my workout and gave me a surprising pump in my arms. I really think the endurance I get form this stuff is where is shines that and the focus. Kinda makes me sad the tub is almost empty. Nicksox15 as promised I will be posting final reviews here BB.com and at supplement review and i will send you a link to all of them once they are up. Got a solid lift log for you guys here and going to put in some work tonight on my legs. I will post the log up before i leave to go on vacation.

    Incline dumbbell 45x12 50x12 60x10
    decline dumbbell 45x12 55x12 60x12
    Dumbbell pull over 55x15 60x15 65x12
    cable cross over 45x20 50x20 55x20 dropset 45x15
    EZ bar curl 45x12 50x12 55x12
    incline dumbbel curl 20x15 25x12 25x12
    preacher curl 80lbs cluster sets to 20reps 3 sets
    close grip over head tri extetion 55x12 55x12 55x10 (reduced weight to focus on form)
    weighted dips 15,15,12
    pushdowns 80x20 80x20 80x15 (pause and sqeeze at bottom that killed)
    superset tricept kick backs 15xfailure
    Go big Or go home!!

  30. Awesome man, great work in here! Who isn't a fan of pumped biceps! And the sadness of the tub being empty can be quickly rectified with the purchase of a new one
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Performax Labs is giving out 7 tubs of Powermax to log!
    By nicksox15 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 11:05 AM
  2. Maxing Out with Performax Labs Power Max- sponsored
    By IRON4LIFE in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 03:00 PM
  3. Performax Labs PowerMax 30 day review
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM
  4. Performax Labs PowerMax PWO- Sample
    By IRON4LIFE in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 04:08 PM
  5. Gamma Labs Dual log (sponsored)
    By Marms in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Log in
Log in