USPLABS ADVANCED LEANING PROTEIN mini log

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
So I received my 4 samples of usplabs new protein in the mail today. 3 milk chocolate and 1 vanilla ice cream. 23g of protein.

Says to use 6oz of water.

Initial thoughts:

Mixability- it was a little hard to mix and I think it has to do with the 6oz of water. It was a little thick as it was hard to come down my shaker bottle..gunna try 8 oz next time and then 10oz.

Taste- the taste was pretty good..normal milk chocolate taste only unlike other milk chocolates are hard to get down and taste like I mixed my protein with spoiled milk. Not that protein shakes of the basic kind cant taste awesome, but this one I actually didnt feel like I had to chug to get down and over with. Overall it was pretty good..makes me excited about vanilla ice cream!

Main point: deff needs more water or milk than 6oz cuz its a little thick..thats the only flaw I feel is worth mentioning.. 8oz it is !

LEANING protein? Huh? I need details!

View attachment 80592

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

Attachments

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
Cleaned the house after taking my protein...normal reaction? Lol

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I received my 4 samples of usplabs new protein in the mail today. 3 milk chocolate and 1 vanilla ice cream. 23g of protein.

Says to use 6oz of water.

Initial thoughts:

Mixability- it was a little hard to mix and I think it has to do with the 6oz of water. It was a little thick as it was hard to come down my shaker bottle..gunns try 8 oz next time and then 10oz.

Taste- the taste was pretty good..normal milk chocolate taste only unlike oyher milk chocolates are hard to get down and taste like I mixed my protein with spoiled milk. Not yhat protein shakes of thr basic kind cant taste awesome, but this one I actually didnt feel like I had to chug to get down and over with. Overall it was pretty good..makes me excited about vanilla ice cream!

Main point: deff needs more water or milk than 6oz cuz its a little thick..thats the only flaw I feel is worth mentioning.. 8oz it is !

LEANING protein? Huh? I need details!

View attachment 80592

View attachment 80594
Shake it with a little more force. High quality milk protein isolate is micellar and whey bonded and it creates a "thicker" mixtue so a vigorous shake helps the water separate the powder into a creamy solution.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
It wasnt too bad ..nothing im not used to with proteins..just gave it a couple hard shakes

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for this! Great start determinator; look forward to samples 2, 3, and 4!

As previously mentioned, this isn't your average protein product. The actual protein content is very high and it lacks many of the fillers that you'll find in other formulas. A few more hard shakes and it should be smooth as silk!

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
I'm in for this! Great start determinator; look forward to samples 2, 3, and 4!

As previously mentioned, this isn't your average protein product. The actual protein content is very high and it lacks many of the fillers that you'll find in other formulas. A few more hard shakes and it should be smooth as silk!
Glad to havd u!

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
Okay so yesterday i did not workout cuz of mothers day but as i was cleaning i realized i didnt have barely any protein besides eggs at breakfast and i have a bunch of samples and tubs of protein that i had little left in the tubs..After my initial tasting of usplabs milk chocolate leaning protein, i made small samples of each of the proteins as all my old proteins and the samples were a type of chocolate. Musclepharm tasted like a chocolate milk that had gone bad, ON platinum tasted alright but wasn't that great but prob the best out of the samples. then i had a bunch of other samples for chocolate whey. This actually changed my thoughts towards the USPlabs protein.

My initial thoughts of the USPlabs ptrotein is that it tasted alright, pretty good actually. But if you taste other basic chocolate flavored protein with it like a taste test TRY and beat USPlabs milk chocolate..you can't. It actually made me like the Milk chocolate even more after i realized what i thought was alright before, was just sh!t. I have no clue what vanilla ice cream will be like, i'm more of a chocolate protein kinda guy but im giving it a try cuz i love vanilla ice cream. USPlabs has something here guys. Since i have 2 more chocolate and 1 vanilla ice cream i'm doing chocolate again tongiht and vanilla ice cream later in the week..no taste tests just working out and get my recover on.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
Hey determinator, great review. Any stomach issues?

(edit) - sorry D. :)
great question as i am prone to stomach issues such as bloating, gas etc. LITERALLY NONE at all. Thick creamy mixture tasted very good adding more water today to unthicken it a bit, but no stomach issues at all.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great question as i am prone to stomach issues such as bloating, gas etc. LITERALLY NONE at all. Thick creamy mixture tasted very good adding more water today to unthicken it a bit, but no stomach issues at all.
I've had similar stomach issues with Myofusion and Syntha-6 in the past, so always curious about these newer blends. Thanks for the follow up.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
myofusion was too thick for me. how thick is this powder?

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
i personally think it is too thick at 6oz of water...came down my shaker bottle pretty slow and even slower cuz it had to get through the strainer ...its creamy as hell though so im trying 8 oz tonight i think itll be the sweet spot.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
i can't wait to get a tub of this and see how the leaning complex works over time personally. With great taste no stomach issues, having a nice protein blend no fillers, and leaning ingredients i think its in a class of its own..

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here. Thanks for offering the review.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
So I did chocolate again..tried 8 oz of water instead of 6.. still was thick like its suppose to be but went down my shaker easier..deff will continue with 8oz.

Had my girlfriend and her son drinking my olf protein and not my samples ..they tried the usplabs protein and were pissed they had to drink the othet stuff!

Felt good after workout knowing I had quality protein waiting for me..

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I did chocolate again..tried 8 oz of water instead of 6.. still was thick like its suppose to be but went down my shaker easier..deff will continue with 8oz.

Had my girlfriend and her son drinking my olf protein and not my samples ..they tried the usplabs protein and were pissed they had to drink the othet stuff!

Felt good after workout knowing I had quality protein waiting for me..
Any idea as to when it will be coming out?

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
the usp labs protein? no clue just signed up for the inner circle to get it asap

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Signed up. Looking forward to the release.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!
Sample #3
Vanilla ice cream

This smelled like vanilla bean ice cream when i first opened it which was awesome. I used 7-8 oz again like i did for the milk chocolate. I feel like this one isn't AS thick but still thick..even at 8 oz the milk chocolate was still on the thicker side. I actually think im one of the few that think that the vanilla ice cream was a little better than milk chocolate. Like ive stated before id actually like to mix the two and see what that tastes like but i didn't want to waste my only vanilla sample.

taste: 9.56745/10 deff something i can enjoy instead of trying to choke down..besides the great blend used i think taste is one of the most important things in protein supps...this is pretty much what distinguishes different products...USPlabs has made two great basic but enjoyable flavors.

mixability: again i think this mixed a little better than the milk chocolate

consistency: i believe this was thinner than milk chocolate..used the same amount of water and this seemed like it had a thinner consistency

recovery: not that i felt any different with recovery, im sure it played a role but i think for me it was more of making sure i got a great blend of pure proteins that takes that stress of making sure u got everything in before bed so you can recovery and growww.

aftertaste: i think this had more of an aftertaste than the milk chocolate. don't know how to explain it but it was there. didnt bother me enough though. worked out, got home, and made this shake mowed the lawn while dinner was being made. its nice having a good tasting protein :)

overall i liked vanilla better than chocolate i believe..but it wasnt by very much. i have one more chocolate sample and deff making sure i have a tub by the end of next week. Once you find a protein you like the taste of why change to a diff one!? they have two flavors and im sure its not where they are going to stop..

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job with the review man! I loved both flavors, but Vanilla Ice Cream might end up taking my top spot as well.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
Sample #4
Milk Chocolate

this is my third milk chocolate review and final sample of the four. Nothing new here just reminded me how good the chocolate was. Usually i made a face after taking a huge gulp. Notice i did not make a face as i continued drinking. Can't wait for the release today!

Taste: 9/10 chocolate is very good, especially compared to any other brand i've tried towards chocolate. At times i feel that the chocolate is better than vanilla but i only had one sample of the vanilla and loved it so i think i'm just bought there. I'll prob just end up mixing the two like i do ice cream :)

Mixability: Overshook and had a large amount of bubbles...shook again and they were gone. great mixability just a few hard shakes and ur good to go.

consistency: still thick but i've been using 7-8 oz of water so its prob thinner than everyone elses pudding lol. i like to be able to just drink it quickly so i can have my meal after. So the extra bit of water helps but still keeps its richness and thickness.

You don't need to ask me if i would try it again i'm buying the two tubs when it comes out today. You guys won a consumer over this product alone.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
Final review:

Theres no doubt this is the best protein on the market. Purtaining to both taste and quality ingredients. You have a REAL 23g of protein along with a leaning complex which is a plus for anyone. You build muscle while leaning out, thats what everyone wants in a product and for it to be your protein that is great. I have lost two pounds in the past week. Now I've only had 4 samples so who obv can't be from that right?. was probably just my diet and training being on point because I'm continuing to make gains in the gym and losing my stubborn fat. Will deff be giving this leaning effect a try with a couple tubs. I will admit that before taking it, it has been hard for me to lose the 8 pounds of fat i want to lose. Ironically i lost two in the two weeks i was taking it..I DUNNO could just be a coincidence.

Anyways things like mixability and consistency were great with this mix...its real protein so it takes a little umph to get it mix but a few hard shakes is all you need. It mixes great and has a very thick consistency. I use 7-8 oz of water to keep it a little thinner so i can drink it faster but some may prefer the thicker version.

I cannot give input on recovery with the product because it was only 4 days of use after the gym. I don;t really have a problem with recovery so this isn't something that would scream out at me either.

For after taste, there was really none with the chocolate, but for the vanilla there was a little bit of one. Even though the vanilla did have a bit of an after taste it still took the top spot for me.

Both of these are not only the best tasting chocolate and vanilla proteins i've had, they are literally the best proteins i've ever tasted regardless of flavor. I've found my protein and I'm sticking with it, would literally be no reason to change. With two flavors i can go back and for or mix the two. I'm set!

I'd like to think USPlabs and all the reps for the chance to get a taste and feel for your new protein before it even hit stores. I'm glad i get to know how good it is before everyone! Also thanks to the reps for all your feedback and info along the way and answering all of our questions. You guys are at the top. thanks again

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks again for your honest reviews determinator! Your support is greatly appreciated!

Now we wait....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a time for the release?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there a time for the release?
I don't have an exact time. All I know is that the link to the InnerCircle release will be emailed sometime today.