Mkretz reborn! White flood reborn log!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys!!! Hope you are ready for a great log, i know I am. I look forward to all the input and feedback i can get from anyone and everyone following this log. I am always down to learn more and more!!!

Huge thanks to Controlled Labs for letting me log this product. The original white flood was my go to preworkout for years esp when i started lifting. The simple fact that white flood remained un changed for so many years truly shows how great of a preworkout it was/is especially with the amazing number of preworkouts coming out nowadays. This gets me super excited to try new White Flood Reborn!!!!

I like the extra Caffeine since I am very stim tolerant.

Other supplements that i will be taking with this: Fish oil, multi, whey (pre workout and post sometimes, finaflex BCAA+SAA, reg bulk modern bcaa from nutraplanet, vit c, b coplex, creatine mono..........nothin fancy

Training:
usually 5-6 workouts per week. Chest/tris, Back, Shoulders/bis, Legs......abs are thrown in when i have time although i am trying to make them a priority. I am trying to do them on my off days for a lot of volume as well but i always see to have a hard time really focusing in on them. Off days consist of cardio and abs...also i do cardio after every workout, i know i probably shouldnt cuz im trying to bulk but it lets me eat more and im honestly probably addicted to food.
I start each workout with a heavy compound movement usually for 5x5 or on shoulder day ill do cleans for sets of 2 and jerks for sets of 2, this focuses on strength and power. Then i Move to a speed/explosive type movement. Then i work in the hypertrophy rep range with drop sets and forced reps if I can get them. I train very high volume, i just enjoy the pump and being in the gym lol.

Diet: I like the idea of the benefits of fasting and have followed lF for a while but I am trying to move a little more towards mroe meals. As of right now I shoot for a 12 hour fast and drink a preworkout protein shake and then hit the gym. If I workout before teh 12 hour fast I train fasted with BCAAs. Post workout I will sometimes have a protein shake and sumtimes I just wait till I get home and eat the rest of my calories. If i workout later I will have a small preworkout meal but 80% of my calories come at night after I get home and before bed. Do you guys think that eating this much before bed would be bad? Calories range between 3800-4600 on workout days depending on workout (legs) and amount of cardio. On off days calories range from 3000-3800 again depending on cardio amount and length of my ab session. I have recently been doing a carb cycling diet but have gotten a few recommendations to just keep carbs steady.....not sure what I want to do.......any opinions? I think I want to keep the carb cycling which has been 2 or 3 days low (carbs only from veggies and dairy) then a high day around 400-500g carbs.

I have put on about 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks and I look forward to WFR helping me to continue this progress!!

I will take my first dose of WFR tomorrow but will post up todays crazy leg workout!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wierd day today.......my car got hit by a truck just sitting in my driveway so had to leave work and deal with that most of the day which really messed up my mind....i eventually just said screw it and went to the gym lol, but had people calling me about it while i was lifting which sucked but was still able to stay focused throughout the workout, INTENSE!

Squat - 335x1 - went for 345 but didnt get it :-(
245x5
245x5
255x5
265x5
265x5
cluster set - 280 5 sets of 1 - this was really solid did 2 on the last set
155x10 drop 135x12 - failure :)

front squat
175x5
185x5
185x5
195x5
195x4 :-(
135x15 a few short rests

speed DL
275 10 sets of 2

LEg ext - pre exhaust! - the pup i got from these was soo intense today
4 sets 10-15 double drop on last set

hack squat
120x15
130x12
130x12
140x8 RP to 12 drop 90 drop 70 drop 50!!! triple drop baby!

leg press machine
4 sets 15-20 double drop on last set - constant tension throughout

1 leg smith squat 4 sets 10-15 constant tension 85lbs drop to 65 on last set

glute bridge - these felt real good today

255x10
265x10
285x10
285x10 with a 10 second hold on the last rep

RDL
205x8
215x8
215x8
225x6
225x7 - glute bridges kinda tore up my hammies too i think lol

seated leg curl 4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set!

preworkout protein shake - BCAA+SAA about an hour or s through and a lot of food now lol.........not looking forward to how my body will feel tomorrw but right now i feel invinsible lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Eating before bed is not bad, total calories are.
i would drop the protein shake pre-workout, just roll with BCAA's. either is fine, but the shake is not necessary i would rather see you eat a meal prior and then flood 30 minutes prior (meal 90 before, and then flood 30)

personal preference.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this. Looking forward to the ride

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The veggie/dariy days where you really drop kcals is not really necessary either, why not bring up some kcals on that day and lower on the workout days and make sure the weekly amount is still the same . it will aid you GREATLY with recovery

maybe 30g less on non-workout days and then a bit higher on workout days

for instance 300g on workout days and 270g on non-workout days
Keep Fat/Protein the same,

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
one note, after leg day yest i was super hot all night, couldnt sleep, and was super hot all morning, CRAZY!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was day 1 with WFR!!! - mixed one extremely heaping scoop (probably 2 scoops) in 16 oz of water shook like 3 times and it was completely dissolved!

taste was fantastic - i have the fruit punch flavor - it was extremely crisp and refreshing, no type of chemical after taste at all, i wish i could drink it all day honestly. - no settling on the bottom either, mix ability and taste are 10/10 for sure!

I start drinking the preworkout pre workout but continue to drink it throughout my long workouts for continued energy and intensity. WFR gave me energy and intensity throughout the entire workout even set a pr on bench!!! no crash either.......day one was a huge success!

Today was chest/tris - legs are wrecked....they just dont even want to work lol - tomorrow is supposed to be a back day which means heavy deads but I am going to take off just to give my legs another day of rest in hopes i can break a pr on DL on friday! well i will do cardio and abs :)

So today was awsome, i met up with an old friend for a workout which meant i had a spotter which meant heavy and a lot of forced reps that i never get!

Bench-235- pr def goin 240 next week

175x5
185x5
185x5
195x5
205x3+3 forced
125x17+3 forced

speed (explosive) military press - 80lbs 10 sets of 3

incline barbell - 125x10 - constant tension on all of these reps
125x8
125x8
125x7+3 drop 95x6+3

weighted dips
25x10
25x10
25x8
25x6 + 5 negatives
BWx16

decline db
47.5 4 sets of 12

DB fly ss DB pullover
flys with 30s 3 sets of 15
pullovers 55 3 sets of 12-15

Skull crusher
60x15
70x8
60x12
60x10+3 drop 40x7+3

DB overhead ext
60x12
60x12
60x12
60x12 +3 drop 40x7+3

1 arm neutral grip lying ext. 4 sets 10-15 forced reps with other arm on last set

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eating before bed is not bad, total calories are.
i would drop the protein shake pre-workout, just roll with BCAA's. either is fine, but the shake is not necessary i would rather see you eat a meal prior and then flood 30 minutes prior (meal 90 before, and then flood 30)

personal preference.
what if u couldnt get a meal in, just do fasted with bcaas?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The veggie/dariy days where you really drop kcals is not really necessary either, why not bring up some kcals on that day and lower on the workout days and make sure the weekly amount is still the same . it will aid you GREATLY with recovery

maybe 30g less on non-workout days and then a bit higher on workout days

for instance 300g on workout days and 270g on non-workout days
Keep Fat/Protein the same,
\

its tough cuz my workouts probably burn alot of calories so i figure if im not doing that i dont need all the extra cals.....off days have always been an issue with me lol............

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
glad to have everyone in!!! and thanks for the input so far

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
\

its tough cuz my workouts probably burn alot of calories so i figure if im not doing that i dont need all the extra cals.....off days have always been an issue with me lol............
thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.
if you take in 100g on non workout days and 500g on workout days then your average is 300

do 350 on workout days and 300 on non
protein/fat the same

your recovery will increase by 100x.
how do you expect to gain weight and muscle when you intake nearly nothing on off days when the body recovers most? The body grows out of the gym not in the gym dude. That is common sense.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
hate not having a spotter the forced reps are the most important!..nice workout this stuff makes me a beast lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.
if you take in 100g on non workout days and 500g on workout days then your average is 300

do 350 on workout days and 300 on non
protein/fat the same

your recovery will increase by 100x.
how do you expect to gain weight and muscle when you intake nearly nothing on off days when the body recovers most? The body grows out of the gym not in the gym dude. That is common sense.
So
.....basically u are recommending to actually be even more above maintainence on off days?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah thats a nicer way to put it..he's been in a bad mood lately lol
Im in a bad mood because i try to help him with his diet and achieve greater results?
wow..

Your a real nice guy...
Im glad you know what mood i am better than myself.
You must be a psychologist?

please dont sit here and tell me how i feel when you dont know because i am not mad at anymore, nor have i ever said i was.
Making assumptions about me when you dont know a thing about me is what makes me mad.

Going on a Protein/Veggie off days and trying to do 500g of carbs on a workout day is just dumb and neglects growth and recovery especially in 1) an offseason and 2) trying to grow.

You will be around maintaince on offdays, but the point is recovery and you will see better mood/energy/performance.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I imagine if you cut down some of that volume you won't need 5,000+ calories a day. Including not trying to set a 1RM PR weekly.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
Solution wow take a joke lol it was just the way u said it I was commenting..callllm

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Since you said you eat around 3400 on non-workout days and 4000 on workout days i would do this .. Just me though instead of massive cycles with your protein/veggies and 5000 calorie wokrout days.

Non Workout Days 3800 (225g Protein, 90g Fats, 520g Carbs)
Workout Days 4000 (225g Protein, 90g Fat, 570g Carbs)

Simple.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I imagine if you cut down some of that volume you won't need 5,000+ calories a day. Including not trying to set a 1RM PR weekly.
in regards to the caolries, i like it lol, kind of one of the reason i use so much volume, i love food lol........and i only go for a pr if im feelin good

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since you said you eat around 3400 on non-workout days and 4000 on workout days i would do this .. Just me though instead of massive cycles with your protein/veggies and 5000 calorie wokrout days.

Non Workout Days 3800 (225g Protein, 90g Fats, 520g Carbs)
Workout Days 4000 (225g Protein, 90g Fat, 570g Carbs)

Simple.

interesting, ive never consistantly eaten that many carbs...........wonder what would happen

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
in regards to the caolries, i like it lol, kind of one of the reason i use so much volume, i love food lol........and i only go for a pr if im feelin good
Sure you love food, but there is a law of diminishing returns on volume and recovery and overall results. More does not = Better results, sometimes its not going to aid you.

Intensity > Volume ---> From the great dorian yates. Just Sayin'

I have said it about 500 times now, More calories daily will = Better recovery.

Watch

i have had SEVERAL clients before they started with me, did massive swings in kcals like that, and they all said the same exact thing, performance increased, and a bit of change on their routine and they saw crazy gains.

I had a guy who added 75+ Pounds on all big 3 lifts (bench/squat/DL) while dropping 5 pounds since starting with me 7 months ago, continually getting leaner and getting stronger.

Periodization is KEY to training.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so although the legs were not 100% today i couldnt help but DL and I wanna get 455 but i only went for 450 haha, it was TOUGH form was not solid, really should not have tried it, but i did get it haha PR!

The PR really t0ok its toll on the rest of my sets though, it was a real grind to get it up, way weaker on these today :-(

325x5
335x5
345x5
355x5
355x4
225x25! a few short rests

speed box squat with chains
160 12 sets of 2

pendlay rows
135x10
135x10
135x10
145x8
145x8
155x6

t bar - "machine"

100x12
100x10
100x8
100x8 drop 65 drop 45

1 arm db row - although the weights were heavy i still really felt it so i stuck with it
100x12
100x12
110x10
110x10

Lat pulldown - 4 sets 10-12 forced reps on last 2

chest supported row - 4 sets 10-12
last set was a double drop with a held stretch at the bottom between drops and not setting the weight down for drops....good stuff!

barbell burl (rev preacher)
40x12
40x12
50x8+3 forced - 3 sets of this

incline db hamer curl 4 sets 10-12 drop on last 2 sets

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Todays workout started REAL slow.........dunno why, i probably shoudlve just took the day off.I did listen with the fact taht my legs didnt wana do anythign so i didnt do any cleans or push presses (jerks)

standing military press
4 sets 6-10 95 lbs

speed bench - these felt good
120x3 12 sets

db press - real slow negatives
47.5 8-12 reps 4 sets
ss
seated calf raises

leaning laterals 10-15 reps 4 sets worked up to 22.5 with a drop to 15s on last set

behind head smith press 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set - by now i was finally reall yinto the workout. up until the DB presses my mind was jsut somewhere else for some reason.

machien laterals ss machine shoulder press 3 sets 10-15

cable front raise ss leg raises 4 sets 10-15

face pull 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set - stronger on these!!

Havent done traps in forever sooo decided to change that

shrugs 4 sets drop on last set

shrug machine (hands at sides) leaning forward, 4 sets 10-12

behind the back smith high pull/shrug - 4 sets 10-15

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
White flood kicked in early - i was fasted) but for some reason my focus was not there....bout 1/4 way tthrough teh workout the focus really kicked in, i had a mean sweat going and really got into a good groove. Pumps were good as well.....looking forward to some mroe flooded workouts !!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ever try increasing your intensity and dropping volume? Just curious... I think it would illict good gains for you.
Dont know what your 100% Goal is regarding weight gain or size, but i think that once you start to limit your volume and focus on the compounds a bit more, you will see better gains (with a better diet structure to boot)

my 2 cents for you.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ever try increasing your intensity and dropping volume? Just curious... I think it would illict good gains for you.
Dont know what your 100% Goal is regarding weight gain or size, but i think that once you start to limit your volume and focus on the compounds a bit more, you will see better gains (with a better diet structure to boot)

my 2 cents for you.
What would u recomends...my workours are pretty intense with a lot of compounds....just get rid of isolations to cut volume?....goal is to gain as much lean mass as possible

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What would u recomends...my workours are pretty intense with a lot of compounds....just get rid of isolations to cut volume?....goal is to gain as much lean mass as possible
More Volume does not = More gains or more intensity.
I can guarantee if you reduced volume and focused on greater intensity or intensity techniques then you would see better results,
Keeping kcals higher on off days, and focusing more recovery and compounds.

My 2 cents.

You think you train intense? Go watch a layne norton or doug miller video. Then ask yourself how intense you train
Let alone --
Kurt Weidner another genetic freak

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i will check those videos cuz i train more intense than anyone i know.............

today was a "light" day did a little bit of almost everything since legs werent ready yet for a leg day......

chin ups 5-6 sets as many - i suck at these so i did them and hope to get my biceps growing from them as well.

incline db press -

first 2 sets were 1.5 reps with 45 lbs for 10 reps
last 2 sets were 50 lbs for 10-12 slow negative constant tension reps

showed my buddy pendlay rows so did a bunch of light sets and worked up to 155 for 10

few sets of bench cuz my budddy wanted to max out, did a few negative sets of 225 and 235 after 155 for 8-10 135 for 15

cg smith press 4 sets 10-15 drop on last set

skull crushers
70x10
70x8
60x12
60x10

v bar pushdown 3 sets with double drop 10x10x10

1 arm cable overhead 3 sets 10-12 with forced reps

ez bar cable preacher

50x10
50x8
50x8 drop 40x10
50x8 drop 40x10

lying rope hammer curl 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

High cable curl 4 sets 10-15 drop on last set

cable chop for abs and lying leg raises with handles around ankles 10x10 with 20 lbs on cables

white flood gave great energy and pumps were very noticable today with the arm work! only 1 scoop today!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chest/tris today

bench - changed it up a little today went away from 5x5 focusing on constant tension in a little higher rep range

165x8
165x8
175x8
175x8+2 forced
125x17+3 forced

Incline barbell

125x10
125x9
125x8+1
125x7+2 drop 95 x 6+2

weighted dips
25x10
25x10
25x12 - long rest
35x8 + 3 negatives drop Bodyweight x 10

Decline DB press -

55x15
55x13
55x12
55x12+3

incline db fly ss incline machine press 3 sets 10-15

cable fly fst -7 style - 7 sets 12-15 30 seconds rest, flushing it with blood baby!!

skull crusher

70x10
70x8
70x8
70x7+2 drop 50 x 6+2

DB overhead
60x12
60x12
60x10
60x10 drop 40x8

cable rev grip pressdown 4 sets 10-15

cable kick back 3 sets 10-15

hanging leg raises - 6 sets of 10-15

decline bench reverse crunch 5 sets of 10 really focusing on the contraction of the lower abs, makes it really tough

"wheel of death" 3 minutes.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WFR hit me fast today, was great! pumps were good focus was good as well, even while fasted!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sorry i did not update yest....workout was solid it was back/bis, my body was telling me to take it easy on DL so i did, legs were not recovered from leg day yet and back didnt feel great so i brought weight down and did an extra rep (5x6 instead of 5x5), focused on form...........had a great pump goin throughout the whole workout a very noticeable one so reborn was doin some good stuff!!! I also found myself to be sweating like CRAZY and then thought about it, ever since taking reborn i do sweat more, maybe not as much as yesterday but still a noticeable difference, not sure why

today was an off day so no reborn today

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
shoulders

clean - 160x2x8 165x2x2
170x2x2

jerk - 200x1 - PR!

170x2x8
175x2x2

db lateral raise 4 sets 10-12 17.5 lb
ss
db press 40 lbs 10-12 reps 4 sets

smith behind the head press 3 sets 10-12 seated on bench so no back support

3 sets leaning cable laterals 12-15 reps

3 sets cable front raise 12-15 reps

face pulls 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

reverse fly machine 4 sets 10-15 - really had a good pump goin throughout the hypertrophy work!

barbell shrug- good squeezes

225x12
235x12
245x10+2
255x10+2 drop 205 drop 185

standing shrug machien (neutral grip) leaning forward - 4 sets 15-20 god squeezes

smit behind the back high pull shrug 4 sets 10-15

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
focus was great today esp during the cleans and push presses and even at the end of the workout......pump was better than usual as well today, not sure why but im not complaining!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
was a little out of it to start today but once teh WF kicked in it was go time!, pumps were incredible today, started off on leg ext for pre exhaust and Omg what a pump! it was a high carb day yest so that could be a reason.

leg day!

pre exhaust ext. - 4 sets 15-20 double drop on last set

squat - really focusing on getting low and constant tension as much as possible, also upping the rep range

185x10
185x10
185x10
195x10
195x8 , failed
135x14, failed

Front Squat - same goals as back squat

135x10
145x8
135x10
135x10
135x11
105x15, failed

speed DL
265x2x10

leg ext ss machine leg press 4 sets 15-20 double drop on last set of leg press

hack squat 4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

1 leg leg press 4 sets 12-15

glute bridge
315x10
335x10
335x10
335x10

RDL
205x8
225x8
235x8
235x7
235x8

leg curl machine - 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

lying leg curl 4 sets of 12 short rests

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
off day today so no WFR, however i did do ALOT of bike riding around town today. Beautiful weather and alot of places to go......back and bis tomorrow!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
off day today so no WFR, however i did do ALOT of bike riding around town today. Beautiful weather and alot of places to go......back and bis tomorrow!
Strong log man. Glad this is moving along smoothly.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong log man. Glad this is moving along smoothly.
Thanks man......legs are pretty sore from all the riding yesterday. ....I want to deadlift....probably will just go lighter....what do u find easier on your legs...sumo or regular?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so legs were sore but still did deads......went conventional style today

All the places to DL were taken when i got there so i figured id pre exhaust my lats a little......I did a few sets of negative pull ups cuz i can only do liek 3 pull ups :-( and once set assisted for 12-15 reps

I ended up having to do my deads on a turf liek surface so not as good force thorugh the feet im guessing.....so i was weaker

worked up to 405 for 5 singles then......

295x6
295x6
295x6
305x6
315x6 - focused on form and feel like i did a decent job of keeping form, it was tough though
185x19 rest +6

pendlay row - really felt these after the pre exhaust of the lats and the DLs

135x10
135x10
145x10
145x10
155x10

1 arm db row - did them a little different today, i really focused on an arching motion (from shoulder to hip) and really driving my elbow back as far as possible, felt a much stronger contraction!

70x12
80x12
80x12
85x10

t-bar "machine" supersetted wide grip with close grip 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

hammer strength pull down ss hamer strength behind teh head pulldown - 3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

front pulldown 3 sets 10-15

ABS

rope crunches 4x25 supersetted with 30 crunches

feet in cables rev. crunch 5 sets 10-12 drop on last set

kneeling cable chop 4 sets of 15

ball plank 4 sets of 60s , 30 s rest

the pump i had in my back and abs was sick.....cant remember the last time i had that kind of pump in those places.....my mind was def in the right place today! and WFR made that possible and gave crazy pumps, which was surprising cuz yest was low carb since it was an off day and i expended alot of energy yest.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why you still low carbing on off days?

good question......i dont really use carbs so why should i take them in, i understand you recover, but you recover with calories, and its not like i glycogen depleted........

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tomorrow will be an off day,another solid workout toay on WFR taken fasted, hit quick, clean focused the whole workout, once people stopped texting me!!!!! ugh, sux when ur phone is ur ipod sometimes!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
good question......i dont really use carbs so why should i take them in, i understand you recover, but you recover with calories, and its not like i glycogen depleted........
Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard.
You burn calories sleeping
you burn calories walking around your house
you burn calories walking on a treadmill

All of these are forms of glycogen.

Eating 500g of carbs on a training day (in which you only burn around 30-40g Max when training)
and 100g on non days makes no sense.

The body is like a motor in an engine its constanly moving and burning. Those days you severly drop calories is a ways to slow metabolism even in a gaining phase or a maintaince phase. So on those days you are less active you want to give it less gas to operatte and function, and on days you train and only burn maybe 200 calories from training you want to give it 1600 more calories when in essence your not losing that much

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/an-explanation-of-exercise-efficiency.html

You realize that you will burn more calories during a cardio session than a weight lifting session and it will be more glycogen depelting than lifting weights right?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/research-review-metabolic-adaptations-to-short-term-high-intensity-interval-training.html

so therefore to cycle your calories that much is only 1) hampering recovery
2) slowing metabolism from lower kcal intake while on a bulk

Huge swings in kcals also dont aid any benefit at the end of the week given your calories for the week match what you need for 1) a surplus
2) Deficit or 3) maintainence

In other words your just shortchanging your recovery on off days. But hey. ive only said it about 5 times, take it for what its worth.

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
glad i dont have to think about all that! i just shove my face in with food all day cuz im on a bulk...don't give him too much of a hard time its all over the internet to eat less carbs on off days just broscience of the internet. I eat tons of carbs and protein and as long im getting intense workout sessions with small breaks keeping the blood pumping and sweat coming, i find i can eat whatever i want and keep fat off if thats what your worried about with the carbs. If ur workouts are on point with your goals i don't see why you have to think about food so much as long as your getting enough of it. Unless of course ur on a cut then i retract my statements lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
glad i dont have to think about all that! i just shove my face in with food all day cuz im on a bulk...don't give him too much of a hard time its all over the internet to eat less carbs on off days just broscience of the internet. I eat tons of carbs and protein and as long im getting intense workout sessions with small breaks keeping the blood pumping and sweat coming, i find i can eat whatever i want and keep fat off if thats what your worried about with the carbs. If ur workouts are on point with your goals i don't see why you have to think about food so much as long as your getting enough of it. Unless of course ur on a cut then i retract my statements lol
Dropping 300-400g of carbs from an off day to a training day.. thats not just "less" carbs

"My opinion on the matter is to keep macros and calories consistent everyday regardless of training days or not. Your body does not build muscle during your training session but during rest time. I look at it as calories in vs calories out on a 7 day scale rather then day to day."

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weightfat-loss-part-1.html
^^ Calories burned during exercise.