Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

off day today so no WFR, however i did do ALOT of bike riding around town today. Beautiful weather and alot of places to go......back and bis tomorrow!

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    off day today so no WFR, however i did do ALOT of bike riding around town today. Beautiful weather and alot of places to go......back and bis tomorrow!
    Strong log man. Glad this is moving along smoothly.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post

Strong log man. Glad this is moving along smoothly.
    Thanks man......legs are pretty sore from all the riding yesterday. ....I want to deadlift....probably will just go lighter....what do u find easier on your legs...sumo or regular?
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

so legs were sore but still did deads......went conventional style today

All the places to DL were taken when i got there so i figured id pre exhaust my lats a little......I did a few sets of negative pull ups cuz i can only do liek 3 pull ups :-( and once set assisted for 12-15 reps

I ended up having to do my deads on a turf liek surface so not as good force thorugh the feet im guessing.....so i was weaker

worked up to 405 for 5 singles then......

295x6
    295x6
    295x6
    305x6
    315x6 - focused on form and feel like i did a decent job of keeping form, it was tough though
    185x19 rest +6

pendlay row - really felt these after the pre exhaust of the lats and the DLs

135x10
    135x10
    145x10
    145x10
    155x10

1 arm db row - did them a little different today, i really focused on an arching motion (from shoulder to hip) and really driving my elbow back as far as possible, felt a much stronger contraction!

70x12
    80x12
    80x12
    85x10

t-bar "machine" supersetted wide grip with close grip 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

hammer strength pull down ss hamer strength behind teh head pulldown - 3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

front pulldown 3 sets 10-15

ABS

rope crunches 4x25 supersetted with 30 crunches

feet in cables rev. crunch 5 sets 10-12 drop on last set

kneeling cable chop 4 sets of 15

ball plank 4 sets of 60s , 30 s rest

the pump i had in my back and abs was sick.....cant remember the last time i had that kind of pump in those places.....my mind was def in the right place today! and WFR made that possible and gave crazy pumps, which was surprising cuz yest was low carb since it was an off day and i expended alot of energy yest.
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Why you still low carbing on off days?
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Why you still low carbing on off days?

good question......i dont really use carbs so why should i take them in, i understand you recover, but you recover with calories, and its not like i glycogen depleted........
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

tomorrow will be an off day,another solid workout toay on WFR taken fasted, hit quick, clean focused the whole workout, once people stopped texting me!!!!! ugh, sux when ur phone is ur ipod sometimes!
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

good question......i dont really use carbs so why should i take them in, i understand you recover, but you recover with calories, and its not like i glycogen depleted........
    Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard.
    You burn calories sleeping
    you burn calories walking around your house
    you burn calories walking on a treadmill

All of these are forms of glycogen.

Eating 500g of carbs on a training day (in which you only burn around 30-40g Max when training)
    and 100g on non days makes no sense.

The body is like a motor in an engine its constanly moving and burning. Those days you severly drop calories is a ways to slow metabolism even in a gaining phase or a maintaince phase. So on those days you are less active you want to give it less gas to operatte and function, and on days you train and only burn maybe 200 calories from training you want to give it 1600 more calories when in essence your not losing that much

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...fficiency.html

You realize that you will burn more calories during a cardio session than a weight lifting session and it will be more glycogen depelting than lifting weights right?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...-training.html

so therefore to cycle your calories that much is only 1) hampering recovery
    2) slowing metabolism from lower kcal intake while on a bulk

Huge swings in kcals also dont aid any benefit at the end of the week given your calories for the week match what you need for 1) a surplus
    2) Deficit or 3) maintainence

In other words your just shortchanging your recovery on off days. But hey. ive only said it about 5 times, take it for what its worth.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.84%
    Achievements Activity Pro

glad i dont have to think about all that! i just shove my face in with food all day cuz im on a bulk...don't give him too much of a hard time its all over the internet to eat less carbs on off days just broscience of the internet. I eat tons of carbs and protein and as long im getting intense workout sessions with small breaks keeping the blood pumping and sweat coming, i find i can eat whatever i want and keep fat off if thats what your worried about with the carbs. If ur workouts are on point with your goals i don't see why you have to think about food so much as long as your getting enough of it. Unless of course ur on a cut then i retract my statements lol
    Formutech Fat buring stack log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234711-getting-lean-mean.html
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

Quote Originally Posted by determinator View Post
    glad i dont have to think about all that! i just shove my face in with food all day cuz im on a bulk...don't give him too much of a hard time its all over the internet to eat less carbs on off days just broscience of the internet. I eat tons of carbs and protein and as long im getting intense workout sessions with small breaks keeping the blood pumping and sweat coming, i find i can eat whatever i want and keep fat off if thats what your worried about with the carbs. If ur workouts are on point with your goals i don't see why you have to think about food so much as long as your getting enough of it. Unless of course ur on a cut then i retract my statements lol
    Dropping 300-400g of carbs from an off day to a training day.. thats not just "less" carbs

"My opinion on the matter is to keep macros and calories consistent everyday regardless of training days or not. Your body does not build muscle during your training session but during rest time. I look at it as calories in vs calories out on a 7 day scale rather then day to day."

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ss-part-1.html
    ^^ Calories burned during exercise.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

i do cardio on training days too..... also i do not take in 500g carbs training days i do car cycle so like 400-450 on high days 200-250 on med days and off days are 100-150
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

i do cardio on training days too..... also i do not take in 500g carbs training days i do car cycle so like 400-450 on high days 200-250 on med days and off days are 100-150
    and the reasoning.....?
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

nnot burning up as much glycogen when not lifting.....
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

nnot burning up as much glycogen when not lifting.....
    I see you did you not read the links i posted above that even summarize how much is truly broken down and that cardio is more catablolic than lifting. You realize that you only burn maybe 30-40g of carbs when lifting.. much necessary to do 400-500g compared to 100 when you dont lift..which is why i dont get your reasoning or why you do massive swings.

Have you ever researched lifting and how much it truly burns? not much at all, maybe 200-300 calories tops. Ive even seen people record bodybugg's and have had one myself, its not much in the grand scheme of things. walking 30-45 minutes burn as many calories as lifting does.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

i have not read them yet but i will now.............

had another good leg workout yest, didnt get to posting it but will post todays chest/tris workout

quick question....waht do you guys think about deadlifts and a big waist, i ask cuz i dont have wide shouloders at all and my waist is kinda big. I like deadlifts but i wanna have a v taper going, i have been trrying to add in more lateral raises to try and widen my shoulders. What woul u suggest for keeping the waist tight/small? thanks

incline db press
    65x10
    65x12
    70x10 PR
    70x8
    42.5x12

flat db press ss seated calf raises

65x10
    65x12
    65x12
    40x17

weighted dips

25x12
    25x12
    35x12 PR
    35x10 + 5 negs drop set Bodyweight x 10 plus 5 negatives.

Decline barbell

135x12
    145x10
    145x10
    145x10 drop 115 drop 95

incline DB fly ss hammer incline 4 sets 10-15 drop on last set of hammer incline

bent over cable fly 3 sets 12-15 with cross over in the front

3 sets 10-15 db pullovers 70lbs - pr!

seated cable overhead ext - 4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

smith CG bench ss bench dips

135x12
    135x10
    135x10
    135x10 drop 115 drop 95

plus diamond pushups on knees after last set of bench dips to failure! - sick pump

cable kick back 4 sets 10-15

i was super focused to stat the intensiy was crazy high, and pumps were great....i hit a little bit of a rutt int he middle of hte workout but perked back up for tris! overall a good workout

also i had my buddy try some WFR and now jsut purchased some witht he amazing sale from nutra for us both!!!! he loved it!
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

i read what you posted and dont understand how that applies to me lowering calories when i dont lift and that i cut carbs on days i dont lift, i am pretty sure weight lifitng burns much more glycogen thatn steady state cardio......either way i onl do cardio on off days and cardio and weights on workout days so i def need more calories on those days, i can hear the arguement for recoery however.........
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

i read what you posted and dont understand how that applies to me lowering calories when i dont lift and that i cut carbs on days i dont lift, i am pretty sure weight lifitng burns much more glycogen thatn steady state cardio......either way i onl do cardio on off days and cardio and weights on workout days so i def need more calories on those days, i can hear the arguement for recoery however.........
    Alright, if thats what you want to assume by all means go for it. I guess the research i just posted to you above has 0 merit and so do pubmed research.

Weightlifting is not as expanding as you think it is. Cardio burns more calories and is more catabolic than lifting is. Its even proven and documented, and Layne has a 1 hour podcast on it here.

http://rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-01-57...e-3-12-13.html

Why you think your carbs have to be 200-300g sometimes even lower than that on days you do cardio or off is just beyond me.. Weight lifting does not require that much, maybe 30-40g of carbs you will burn during a training session max.

If you brought them up i told you would
    - Increase Recovery
    - have a greater sense of mood
    - Better seretonin levels from more carbs

http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.c...Biorhythm-Diet

-- By ingesting high-fat meals in the evening, you induce "metabolic inflexibility" – effectively disrupting metabolic rate and increasing fat storage, risk of obesity, elevated insulin levels and a reduction in insulin sensitivity.

-- By ingesting high-fat meals in the morning and afternoon, you increase metabolic flexibility – setting the metabolism for higher fat oxidation throughout the day. As LPL enzyme (splits up circulating fatty acids and makes them available for storage) is higher in muscle in the AM, fats are more likely to be burned off as energy or stored as lipid droplets within the muscle (IMTG).

-- By ingesting high-carb meals in the morning, the same “metabolic inflexibility” occurred, and the metabolism is fixed towards glucose oxidation instead of fat oxidation. This also increases fat storage from meals eaten during the day, and higher-fat meals eaten in the evening in particular.
    -- By ingesting high-carb meals in the evening, you get a bump in the natural leptin signal (occurring 3-6hrs after going to sleep), essentially increasing fat burning through the night and the rest of the following day.

-- Insulin sensitivity is higher in all cells early in the day, including fat cells, but decreases towards the afternoon and evening, thus partitioning carbs ingested at this time more efficiently into muscle vs. fat. This is obviously further improved by training the muscle that day.

-- Eating carbs will increase the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin and make you sleepy. What better time to have your carbs than a couple of hours before bedtime so you can fall into a deeper, higher-quality sleep

http://www.shreddedknowledge.com/hom...-layne-norton/
    And my interview with layne/Alan

http://www.machinemuscle.com/intervi...t-alan-aragon/

- What is your general stance on nutrition as far as macro composition in any of your clients diets? Do you differ them much between pre-contest and offseason?
    What different things do you utilize on your clients as far as refeeds and cheat meals go, and what are your thoughts on utilizing those in both (offseason and pre-contest)?

Well everyone's metabolism is different and must be accounted for accordingly. But obviously there will be macronutrient variations from pre-contest to offseason, with carbohydrate intake being the biggest variable. In the offseason I like carbs as high as possible without excessive fat gain and as high precontest as possible while still maintaining proper rate of fat loss. Now what that exact number is for each person is going to vary... a lot. Typically my clients do NOT lower calories on off days they keep everything consistent and refeed even in the offseason to keep their recovery, perofrmance, and endurance on par. Dropping or swinging calories has proved to show no benefits given the calories are met in the 24 hour period or 7 day weekly surplus/deficit

- Do you believe in Intermittent Fasting and other non-generic meal patterns? Do you have to eat a certain amount of times per day to eat and why? It seems Meal Frequency is thrown around a lot lately with a ton of different research being published on PUBmed? Your stance?

Well I don't believe in generic meal plans. I think that just giving someone a cookie cutter meal plan doesn't teach them anything and makes them dependent on that meal plan, promotes binging, and an unhealthy relationship with food. I think intermittant fasting has helped a lot of people with a diet they can stick to, however I also see many people use it as an excuse to binge, and that is never healthy. One of the other problems with it is my PhD thesis research demonstrated that if you eat low protein throughout the day, you cannot make up for that lack of anabolic stimulus earlier in the day by eating a huge protein meal later in the day because their is an 'anabolic cap' to each meal, so to stimulate muscle protein synthesis maximally it's wise to consume multiple (probably 4-5) meals rich in high quality protein. You want to make sure you are getting enough protein to hit around 3-4g of leucine at a meal to ensure that you are maxing out anabolism, that is typically around 30-45g of protein for most sources. But as far as meal frequency and it's impact on fat loss, it does not seem to matter, and if anything eating too frequently actually impedes fat loss. I believe however, that you could get many of the benefits, if not all of the benefits of intermittent fasting by simply intermittently eating carbs but still having multiple protein meals as eating protein with low/no carb would still maintain elevated insulin sensitivity.

- What are your generic guidelines of Pre/Post workout nutrition?

1) get enough protein pre & post workout to maximize anabolism and eat a greater proportion of your total carb intake around your workout since you tend to be more carbohydrate tolerant at those times. However, total carb intake will vary depending upon the individuals insulin sensitivity and total kcal intake.

- What is your stance when in a caloric surplus what do you believe in should be the minimums you should meet regarding protein, carbohydates, and fats and why? Does any macronutrient trump others as far as protein sparing?

Well I discussed protein intake above, but overall I'd say if you are hitting 1g/lb you are probably maxing out the anabolic properties of protein and if you are hitting around 1.2g/lb you definitely are. Now eating more protein isn't going to hurt you (though intakes above 1.5g/lb really haven't been studies) however, it's also not providing you anymore anabolic benefit. Carbs are going to be very variable depending upon total kcal intake and insulin sensitivity, but they are probably more protein sparing than fat due to their effects on insulin secretion reducing protein degradation.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

shoulders/bis today..........super intense workout today, moved really quick, focus was great!

clean from rack height

145x3x12

push press

105x6-8 4 sets

DB shoulder press
    50x10
    50x9
    50x7
    50x7 drop 30 drop 25

Heavy lateral raises

22.5x10x4 double drop on last set- heaviest weight ive done on these, form wasnt great but wanted to shock the delts a little

hammer strength press 4 sets 10-15 ss donkey calf raises

cable lateral raises 3 sets 10-15

face pulls 4 sets 10-15 drop on last set

bent over cable lateral 4 sets 10-15

Db shrugs 100lb 4 sets 10-15 triple drop on last set

behind the back cable high pull shrug , stack for 4 sets of 15

cable str8 bar curl

95x10x4 only got 4-7 on my own then cheated but controlled teh negative

hammer preacher curl 50 x10x4

standing twist curl - 22.5x10-12 3 sets drop on last set, do as many at the same time then alternate arms

hammer curl 3 sets 10-12 - same protocol as twist curls

high cable curls - 3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

sick intensity today, i think my bis might actually be sore tomorrow, its been months, lets hope lol
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

after listening to layne nortons pod cast that solution posted i decided to do some good high intensity stuff today.....def. sweated like crazy!

did some plyos, some box jumps and one legged box jumps and depth jumps

then did prowler pushes, going up in weight every two pushes then coming back down every two pushes

did 5 sets to failure of decline bench reverse crunches

then 20 min of HITT on the eliptical , 30 seconds all out high resistance high crossramp 1 minute regular pace low resistance and crossramp
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

very busy day today, did cardio then lifted then alot of grass cutting and had tons of energy and focus for all of it. I have never been so focused on cutting grass in my life lol, it was quite nice haha.

today was shoulders/traps/abs - had a very calm focus today,normally it is more of a crazy focus. It really helped me with my mind muscle connection and keeping proper form. Also, i have been reading about guys doing heavy sets with lower reps then higher rep sets after to flush the area with blood so i tried that out.....really enjoyed it

overhead press - +'s are more push press type reps

105x8
    105x7
    105x6+2
    105x6+4 drop 85 drop 65
    65x15-20
    65x15-20

behind the neck smith press - rest paused

115x5,3,2 - 3 sets
    125x4,2,2,2
    85x 15-20

standing db lateral raise - +'s dictates the # of reps i did after bending arms to 90 degrees.

22.5 x 12
    22.5 x 12
    25 x 10 + 5
    25 x 10+5 drop 20 drop 15 drop 10

DB seated press
    42.5x15
    50x8
    50x8
    50x8

Cable lateral raise 4 sets 10-15 reps

face pull ss seated bent over rear lateral raise 4 sets 10-12 for face pulls and 10-15 bent over rear laterals

barbell shrug - got some really good contractions

235x10-12 x 4 drop 185 drop 135 on last set

neutral grip standing shrug machine leaning forward 4 sets 10-15

behind the back "high pull" shrug 4 sets 10-15

decline bench rev crunch 5 sets to failure

decline bench weighed crunch 4 sets to failure

decline bench russian twist 4 sets to failure
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

First note......weight is slowly creepin up....getting closer to the 170 mark! i def. feel bigger but i do not think my maxes have increased, however I am using more weight on my accesory lifts so i cannot complain at all.

today was chest/tris/abs

trained with an old friend today - it was nice having someone who trains pretty intensely for a change, got some good sets and forced reps in!

Db incline
    60x12
    70x8
    70x7
    70x6+2
    70x5+3 drop 40 x 10 + 2

weighted dips - hardcore style with chains around our necks!! haha

2 chainsx10x4 + 5 negatives and drop set to bodyweight on last set

flat db press with twist from neutral to palms forward - gives a great contraction due to this using both motions of the pec muscle - pressing and internal rotation

4 sets 10-12 - 50 lbs

db decline

60x10-15 x 4

db pullover - 60 x10-12x 3

ez bar overhead seated ext.

65x10-12 drop on last set

supersetted with hammer strength dip machine 4 sets 10-15 drop on last set

cable tr8 bar pushdown 4 sets 10-15 double drop on last set

rev grip cable str8 bar pressdown - 4 sets 10-15

one are db neurtal grip ext 3 sets with forced reps!

hanging leg raises for 100 total reps

twisting hanging leg raises for obliques 5 setsof 15 per side
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

only a few more servings left then final review will be up!!1 my buddythat i got to order some WFR is absolutely loving it, hitting prs already!
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

been pretty lonely in here lately :-(
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

so last scoop was today so you know what that means

FINAL REVIEW

Taste: 9.5/10 -
    Smooth, crisp, clean fruit punch flavor.When chilled it is absolutely delicious.No aftertaste or any chemical taste to it.

Mixability: 9/10 - mixes almost completely clear with only like 2-3 shakes of my shaker. The only downfall is a little bit of settling after a while (i sip my preworkout throughout my workout). It takes a while for this to occur and it is minimal but I must note it.

Energy:9/10- I am a stim junkie so I dont give it a 10/10 but the energy that it does deliver with its 225mg caffeine per scoop is great. Very clean jitter free energy that lasts all day it seems sometimes. No crash at all.

Pumps: 9/10 -Although this is not advertised as a pump product it definitely shines above the original white flood in this department.
    Endurance:9/10 I think the increased pumps leads to the increased endurance . There was def. an increase in endurance while on WFR. Rest periods between sets were much less than usual for sure.

Strength:8/10- I set some new prs while on wfr so cannot complain

Overall - 9/10 - Overall great product from taste to effectiveness. If you ever tried the original WF it is similar with added goodies that makes it even better!!! This is an extremely solid preworkout product that I would highly recommend!
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

I plan on puttin up some progress pics to compare to the pics on the first page

Similar Forum Threads

1. !!!!WHITE FLOOD REBORN LOG!!!!
    By determinator in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM
  2. !!! WHITE FLOOD REBORN - Looking for Testers!!!!!!!!
    By RenegadeRows in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 03:33 AM
  3. WHITE FLOOD REBORN: Looking for Testers!
    By RenegadeRows in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM
  4. KJ's White Flood Tablets Log (Sponsored)
    By kjkriston in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 11:20 AM
  5. Biceps18's Back to School Green Mag and White Flood V2 Log
    By Biceps18 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 06:58 AM