Tomahawk PeakBeta+ Log (sponsored)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to start by saying thanks to Molecular Nutrition for running the promo to test this out.

It has a clear and to the point profile. Just 3 ingredients that work.

*insert PB+ info*

Diet will be Carb Nite Solution which is in simplistic terms a keto diet with giant carb up days of awesomeness

Training will be a little less defined. A little bit of this and an little bit of that. Some influence from the Shockwave Protocols and Mountain Dog training.

Dosing will be on training days only. Probably double dose on certain days.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday 5/5

Trained arms. It was a bit slower paced than usual. This workout is usually shorter rest periods focusing on keeping the blood pumped. Even though I took longer rest periods my arms stayed full. Got home with a better than average pump. Which is very surprising since it was day 7 of ultra low carb(under 30 not counting fiber). Seems to have an immediate impact. Did seem to have more strength left doing machine preacher curls which always drop off.

A nice 1st experience.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very good first update, subbed.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for subbing.

Ended up not getting to the gym yesterday. But I still had my carb nite. It was awesome haha. Should help with energy levels for my next for sessions.

Today I did chest/shoulders

DB twist press 3 sets of 10 reps
Incline bb press 5 sets of 5 reps
Pec deck this was a little more by feel. Did 3 sets increasing the weight.

Heavy DB swings 3 sets of 25 superset with 1 arm band lateral raise full rom
1 arm DB upright rows 3 sets of 10

No real comments on performance. But I swelled up like a puffer fish haha. Chest and shoulders looked huge. Was afraid I wasn't going to fit through the doors haha. Had on a 2X shirt and I was stretching it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha that is awesome to hear about the pump, and I got a kick out of that description.

Im picturing you looking like those cartoons in muscle mags where the guys head looks like a pencil eraser atop his "blowfish swole" huge body by the time you walked out of the gym lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha that is awesome to hear about the pump, and I got a kick out of that description.

Im picturing you looking like those cartoons in muscle mags where the guys head looks like a pencil eraser atop his "blowfish swole" huge body by the time you walked out of the gym lol.
Haha that is what you get when you pick me as a logger. You should have seen some of my old logs. They were off the wall. But a lot of the members that helped contribute to that type of madness don't really come on anymore. If it wasn't for my super Asian Jackie Chan style hair my head would look tiny on my body haha. When I have my head shaved I look bigger.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha that is what you get when you pick me as a logger. You should have seen some of my old logs. They were off the wall. But a lot of the members that helped contribute to that type of madness don't really come on anymore. If it wasn't for my super Asian Jackie Chan style hair my head would look tiny on my body haha. When I have my head shaved I look bigger.

lol, entertaining commentary is always a big plus in a log.

I was cracking up picturing your avi, as the Dos Equis guy, with the Marcus Ruhl big pump leaving the gym fearing he wouldnt fit through the door to exit.

I guess at that point of being big you truly do just live at the gym as you dont have the option of leaving haha.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Todays workout ended up being back. This tends to be a longer workout. So many fun lifts to do. So definitely can use the extra endurance on back days.

1 arm DB rows dead stop 3*8 with fat gripz followed by a set of 12 without. The fat gripz made it tough as hell to hold them. Might not try that again haha.
Seated cable rows 3*12

Pull ups 3*5 not exactly easy at this weight haha. Still waiting to be able to get 6. Might start shooting for a total number instead of sets.
Stretchers 2*12
Reverse seat lat pull downs with a wide neutral grip 3*10

Trap bar deadlifts with 3 shrugs at top. No set parameters just go till it got to be too much. Finished with 510 on the bar. The bar is hell on hands. Added liquid grip after each set and used some Versa Grip Pro that were laying around on the 510 set.
Shrugs with 3 second hold at top 3 sets

Seemed like a boost in endurance. Had enough gas to keep going even though it was a long workout. I will be honest and say I had a little motivation to stick around in the way of yoga pants and a tank top haha. Grip was the group that really gave out. Back probably could have handled some more abuse. Harder to notice it swell up anyway.

As far as news on the weight loss. While doing trap bar deadlifts I was able to get the 3rd notch. At my heaviest I was using the 1st notch. Lately 2 had been what I was using but it felt looser today. So I decided to try 3 and got it fairly easy.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol, entertaining commentary is always a big plus in a log.

I was cracking up picturing your avi, as the Dos Equis guy, with the Marcus Ruhl big pump leaving the gym fearing he wouldnt fit through the door to exit.

I guess at that point of being big you truly do just live at the gym as you dont have the option of leaving haha.
It used to be crazy. The topics of discussion got wild and weird haha.

Haha ya I have had that avi for a long time. Heretostudy made it a while back when my logs were epic.

Haha imagine a delivery guy showing up to an address and its a gym haha.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It used to be crazy. The topics of discussion got wild and weird haha.

Haha ya I have had that avi for a long time. Heretostudy made it a while back when my logs were epic.

Haha imagine a delivery guy showing up to an address and its a gym haha.
LOL!

Hopefully we can gather a crew of followers of your old logs!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL!

Hopefully we can gather a crew of followers of your old logs!
Uh oh watch out for this guy. I think we have found a necromancer haha.

Today is a rest day. Was planning on taking the day off but it was confirmed when I didn't sleep much last night. Tomorrow getting a much needed massage then probably going to train legs. See how much gas I have in the tank. Also check how my belt fits for squats.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Massage and leg training, sounds like a good Saturday!

I always train legs Sunday night, putting an abrupt end to my weekend haha.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Massage and leg training, sounds like a good Saturday!

I always train legs Sunday night, putting an abrupt end to my weekend haha.
The massage was much needed and damn good today. Put a hurting on my sore body. My forearms were fried from back. But she really helped my back which has been bothering me because of my bed.

Just popped 4 PeakBeta+ about to sip on some coffee, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, Kerry Gold gf butter, and a dash of protein haha. Then another 4 PeakBeta+ down the hatch.

Right now I am just going on a rotation. Hammering out the details as I go. Want to get legs the day after my big Carb Nite to wipe out some glycogen stores. Up next will be chest/shoulders followed by back. The night of my Carb Nite I want to do arms. One it will be when I have the least glycogen and it is supposed to really spark growth. At least 4 days but no more than 7 days between Carb Nites so obviously some rest days in between by feel.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so just get a tomahawk i mean mohawk, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The massage was much needed and damn good today. Put a hurting on my sore body. My forearms were fried from back. But she really helped my back which has been bothering me because of my bed.

Just popped 4 PeakBeta+ about to sip on some coffee, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, Kerry Gold gf butter, and a dash of protein haha. Then another 4 PeakBeta+ down the hatch.

Right now I am just going on a rotation. Hammering out the details as I go. Want to get legs the day after my big Carb Nite to wipe out some glycogen stores. Up next will be chest/shoulders followed by back. The night of my Carb Nite I want to do arms. One it will be when I have the least glycogen and it is supposed to really spark growth. At least 4 days but no more than 7 days between Carb Nites so obviously some rest days in between by feel.
too bad you couldn't combine the massage with the coconut oil/whipping cream and butter...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
too bad you couldn't combine the massage with the coconut oil/whipping cream and butter...
Haha idk if I could deal with the extra attention that comes with a mohawk.

I wouldn't have minded that at all. By no means hot but meh haha. The massage therapist I had before was better looking and would always wear stretchy pants that made her ass look good. But it seems like this one gets more done in the allotted hour.

Not going to go into detail about my workout yet but I will say I did something I can not recall before.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha idk if I could deal with the extra attention that comes with a mohawk.

I wouldn't have minded that at all. By no means hot but meh haha. The massage therapist I had before was better looking and would always wear stretchy pants that made her ass look good. But it seems like this one gets more done in the allotted hour.

Not going to go into detail about my workout yet but I will say I did something I can not recall before.
i remember the discussion about that therapist and those stretchy pants...:booty:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i remember the discussion about that therapist and those stretchy pants...:booty:
She was a little thick but damn those kind of pants do wonders.

Alright time to talk workout.

Lying leg curls 3*8 then set of 8 followed by 25 partials

Squats worked up to 385*5
Leg press 3*10

Deadlifts worked up to 550*3

Seated calf raise 3*failure
Tibilias(sp?) raise 3*15

I can't recall a workout where I did both squats and deadlifts with such weight. Definitely one of my tougher workouts. Add on top of the fact that I have had less than 30 grams of carbs a day start Tuesday. Although I foresee leg soreness in my future haha. Also plan on icing my back. To be honest I didn't look for leg pumps. The reps were low on squats and deadlifts and were all about that power. Although my hams swelled up on lying leg curls and my quads tightened up on leg press especially doing constant tension reps.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
She was a little thick but damn those kind of pants do wonders.

Alright time to talk workout.

Lying leg curls 3*8 then set of 8 followed by 25 partials

Squats worked up to 385*5
Leg press 3*10

Deadlifts worked up to 550*3

Seated calf raise 3*failure
Tibilias(sp?) raise 3*15

I can't recall a workout where I did both squats and deadlifts with such weight. Definitely one of my tougher workouts. Add on top of the fact that I have had less than 30 grams of carbs a day start Tuesday. Although I foresee leg soreness in my future haha. Also plan on icing my back. To be honest I didn't look for leg pumps. The reps were low on squats and deadlifts and were all about that power. Although my hams swelled up on lying leg curls and my quads tightened up on leg press especially doing constant tension reps.
i can see a pump from those leg curls/presses!!! damn...that is a lot of weight!!!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can see a pump from those leg curls/presses!!! damn...that is a lot of weight!!!!!
Ya the leg curls were about pumping up my hamstrings for squats. Especially doing those partials on the last set. Gives a nice base when on the bottom of the lift.

I was only using 6 plates per side on leg press but the way I was doing them made them feel heavy as hell. If I can get more out of using less weight awesome.

Was not expecting to be able to do so well on deadlifts. That was another 5 pounds from the last time I did them.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya the leg curls were about pumping up my hamstrings for squats. Especially doing those partials on the last set. Gives a nice base when on the bottom of the lift.

I was only using 6 plates per side on leg press but the way I was doing them made them feel heavy as hell. If I can get more out of using less weight awesome.

Was not expecting to be able to do so well on deadlifts. That was another 5 pounds from the last time I did them.
any difference in your weight from the last time?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any difference in your weight from the last time?
Havent really been checking the scale. Don't really have an accurate one at home. But I have definitely lost weight. At the very least water and carbs. Last time I did deadlifts(first) I was carbed up and ready to go. Almost my belts feels looser. Definitely need to lose some of this fat man girth. When I was at a pool party I had a fat girl basically call me fat. So it is time to get rid of some chub.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Havent really been checking the scale. Don't really have an accurate one at home. But I have definitely lost weight. At the very least water and carbs. Last time I did deadlifts(first) I was carbed up and ready to go. Almost my belts feels looser. Definitely need to lose some of this fat man girth. When I was at a pool party I had a fat girl basically call me fat. So it is time to get rid of some chub.
gonna be difficult to keep putting up those numbers while cutting weight....you might have to sacrifice some strength while cutting down, but i think you could build back up over time at a lesser weight.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gonna be difficult to keep putting up those numbers while cutting weight....you might have to sacrifice some strength while cutting down, but i think you could build back up over time at a lesser weight.
The thing is I am eating at a level most would consider maintenance haha. My calories are in the 2700 to 3100 range almost everyday. And then I have a day where I go carb crazy. Just have to tone down the volume towards the end of the week. Which is why legs will be the 1st workout I do after carb nite from now on.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The thing is I am eating at a level most would consider maintenance haha. My calories are in the 2700 to 3100 range almost everyday. And then I have a day where I go carb crazy. Just have to tone down the volume towards the end of the week. Which is why legs will be the 1st workout I do after carb nite from now on.
ok...i guess it doesn't matter which route you take to get there...as long as you get there.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok...i guess it doesn't matter which route you take to get there...as long as you get there.
Just seems to be the way that will actually work for me. Couldn't lose any significant amount of weight before without massive muscle and strength loss.

Today is my Carb Nite and arms day. Started off with Chinese take out. More food to follow.

For my workout it was short and to the point. All about that pump. Took 2 doses of PeakBeta+ 1 before and 1 after coffee.

Reverse curls with ez bar 5*10 short rest
Rope triceps 5*10 short rest

Cross body 1 arm at a time hammer curls 3*10 with fat gripz
Dip machine 3*10

Preacher curl machine 3 rest pause slight drop set
JM press 3*5

Overhead rope triceps ext superset with DB curls 3 sets

Had a hell of a pump. No carbs and filled my arms up. Biceps seemed to really steal the pump. Hoping this protocol will help them grow and form a bit more. Always felt like my barrel torso overpowered them. Strength wasn't really a concern. It was more about limiting rest and focus on the contraction.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW, I did not expect to see 550lb deadlifts at the end of that list of exercises!!

That is one hell of a workout, way to put yourself and PB+ to the test!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW, I did not expect to see 550lb deadlifts at the end of that list of exercises!!

That is one hell of a workout, way to put yourself and PB+ to the test!
You and me both haha.

I wouldn't call it a personal best but never done squats and deadlifts that heavy in the same workout.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You and me both haha.

I wouldn't call it a personal best but never done squats and deadlifts that heavy in the same workout.
I used to do them together when I did more of a powerlifting like split as I would never recover enough from going all out on squats to give it my all on DL as my hams would be sore for a good 4-5 days so there was no convenient way of timing both workouts.

It took damn near a whole week for the lower body to recover from doing squats and dl together, but overall it worked out better than doing them a few days apart.

As somebody who is a volume junkie no matter what type of split I do, PB+ is quite excellent in allowing me to just keep going and going.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to do them together when I did more of a powerlifting like split as I would never recover enough from going all out on squats to give it my all on DL as my hams would be sore for a good 4-5 days so there was no convenient way of timing both workouts.

It took damn near a whole week for the lower body to recover from doing squats and dl together, but overall it worked out better than doing them a few days apart.

As somebody who is a volume junkie no matter what type of split I do, PB+ is quite excellent in allowing me to just keep going and going.
I can't remember ever doing them together. But it might be an option otherwise they will be packed together too closely. My legs are still quite sore which is why I am doing chest/shoulder today and legs tomorrow.

Ya after following some of John Meadows' routines I have become a volume junkie especially for back and arms.

To be honest I didn't realize you were talking about PeakBeta+ when you said PB haha.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol my bad for the abbreviation

Meadows is the man he has a lot of loyal followers of his programs!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol my bad for the abbreviation

Meadows is the man he has a lot of loyal followers of his programs!
No just me not used to it that's all. To be honest I say PR not PB when it comes to maxes anyway.

Ya he is legit. Some time in the future might sign up for his express site. Just with my diet and how much fat I need to lose don't think it would be ideal. I love the brutal workouts he has. Which might not be ideal for this diet. Still implementing some of his Mountain Dog stuff from the TNation articles though. What is crazy is I decided to sign up for TNation right as he got his own subforum.

Anyway sorry about lack of updates this week. Just dealing with some personal stuff. Need to work it out before it drives me insane...r. Still been killing the workouts with PeakBeta+ though.

Tuesday did chest/shoulders. 275 on incline felt much better. Need to work on my strength more though. Did a good bit of pressing. Went crazy on pec deck volume 5 sets of 20. Even did some dips. Shoulders was the norm plus some over and back presses. Hate those at the end of my workouts make you look so weak haha.

Wednesday hit back with another guy. Tried 1 arm BB rows with a tbar machine setup. It was a bit different but what I can do with what I got. Some pulley rows finished off with drop sets. Some stretches to pull on my lats followed by reverse seated lat pulldowns with wide neutral grip. Decided to try some machine chest supported shrugs basically. Need to work out the technique to maximize it some though. Then light good morning which felt more in hamstrings. Finished with DB shrugs with 3 second flexes at top.

Decided to have my Carb Nite tonight. Which is a day early. Just had that urge to lift. Figure it is better to do arms today then do legs after my Carb Nite so I can get on the schedule I want. Will post about the workout later. Hitting my 2nd big meal now. Was a bit slow to start my workout though haha. One of the girls who I usually just see working the desk was training someone. She has always look cute but damn. It was the stretchy pants effect again haha. Couldn't help but stare at that booty haha.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No just me not used to it that's all. To be honest I say PR not PB when it comes to maxes anyway.

Ya he is legit. Some time in the future might sign up for his express site. Just with my diet and how much fat I need to lose don't think it would be ideal. I love the brutal workouts he has. Which might not be ideal for this diet. Still implementing some of his Mountain Dog stuff from the TNation articles though. What is crazy is I decided to sign up for TNation right as he got his own subforum.

Anyway sorry about lack of updates this week. Just dealing with some personal stuff. Need to work it out before it drives me insane...r. Still been killing the workouts with PeakBeta+ though.

Tuesday did chest/shoulders. 275 on incline felt much better. Need to work on my strength more though. Did a good bit of pressing. Went crazy on pec deck volume 5 sets of 20. Even did some dips. Shoulders was the norm plus some over and back presses. Hate those at the end of my workouts make you look so weak haha.

Wednesday hit back with another guy. Tried 1 arm BB rows with a tbar machine setup. It was a bit different but what I can do with what I got. Some pulley rows finished off with drop sets. Some stretches to pull on my lats followed by reverse seated lat pulldowns with wide neutral grip. Decided to try some machine chest supported shrugs basically. Need to work out the technique to maximize it some though. Then light good morning which felt more in hamstrings. Finished with DB shrugs with 3 second flexes at top.

Decided to have my Carb Nite tonight. Which is a day early. Just had that urge to lift. Figure it is better to do arms today then do legs after my Carb Nite so I can get on the schedule I want. Will post about the workout later. Hitting my 2nd big meal now. Was a bit slow to start my workout though haha. One of the girls who I usually just see working the desk was training someone. She has always look cute but damn. It was the stretchy pants effect again haha. Couldn't help but stare at that booty haha.
It's all about the small victories in life... such as when there are a lot of hot girls that day at the gym haha

Glad to hear training has been going well and youve been responding well to Peak Beta+.

Ive had confusion in the past where I mention PB+ and people confuse it with the peanut butter product haha so the abbreviation is seeming problematic. Enjoy the carb night, I just started a lower carb diet this week and am already down 3lbs. Dieting is never as bad as I expect it to be at the end of a bulk.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's all about the small victories in life... such as when there are a lot of hot girls that day at the gym haha

Glad to hear training has been going well and youve been responding well to Peak Beta+.

Ive had confusion in the past where I mention PB+ and people confuse it with the peanut butter product haha so the abbreviation is seeming problematic. Enjoy the carb night, I just started a lower carb diet this week and am already down 3lbs. Dieting is never as bad as I expect it to be at the end of a bulk.
Well I go to a fitness center so usually a few decent girls around. Back at my old gym it was pointless to even look up haha. But finding out that desk girl/trainer was sexier than previously believed was nice. Ya I seem to notice it most in this order chest/shoulder, arms, back, legs. But leg day isn't much of a pump day. It is all about that power. Plus I don't really take the time to check them out since I am usually so worn out from sets. Definitely a good bang for your buck product. Haha ya I could see that problem too. I figure spelling it out will help it appear more in searches too. Thanks I went crazy on some carbs. Decent bowl of beef mei fun with sushi. Later had about 11oz of chicken breast wrapped in bacon with stuff followed by a banana microwaved then topped with coconut ice cream. Finished the night with 2 apple turnovers, good bit of cheesecake, and sorbet. I checked my weight last night after my workout it said 255 which I wasn't expecting. Guess I haven't really lost any "weight" but definitely tighter. Plus I LOAD up on water during my workouts. Oh well not worried about a specific weight really.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even when training with high reps, my legs never get as pumped as my upper body. My calves do, but my quads and hams rarely get a "wow" type pump.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even when training with high reps, my legs never get as pumped as my upper body. My calves do, but my quads and hams rarely get a "wow" type pump.
It just seems harder to target that pump unless it is something like leg curls or leg ext. I can feel that painful pump then. Havent noticed it for squats lately but that's probably because I have been doing squats more for strength.
Sorry for lack of updates lately. Thursday did arms. They pumped up faster than I expected. Almost was too much to continue, but pressed on with my workout. Got told my arms looked huge a bunch. Mixed in a few new exercises. Probably overdo it when it comes to arms honestly. Friday became a rest day. Could/should have done legs but it is probably a good thing I didn't. Got a call from a friend of mine to work security at a bar. First time doing that and it was interesting. Worked the door and it wasn't a slow night. So many characters showed up. Had to turn some people away. Not everyone was happy about that but the most they did was whine. Heard some crazy stories though. This HOT girl I saw on a dating website showed up. The kind that doesn't look like she belonged in this area in her pics. I found out why she is still in this area... her pics were telling a story she couldn't back up in person. Not nearly as hot in person but still looked good. Plus she came off as high maintenance and whiny along with the fact that her proof of 21 was her college ID and a DUI ticket.
Saturday was chest/shoulders. As usually they blew up and made my delts look huge. Feels like this workout gets the most from PeakBeta+. Makes it hard to believe the image I see back in the mirror. Nothing too special as far as strength but came plowing through a long workout. Did try some cluster sets on flat bench at the end of my workout. I did better as I went. Sunday was back. Another brutal long workout with a sick pump. Could actually feel my back swell up with blood. Seemed like it was stretching my shirt. It is quite sore today. Looking forward to a massage Thursday. Hopefully the soreness subsides by tomorrow for legs. Will try and notice a pump in my legs from PeakBeta+.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That...epic...paragraph ;)

Hot irresponsible girls, heavy lifting... all the making of a good log :)

Good lucking hitting that leg pump, high rep squats work well for me. Much like you mentioned, squats for strength just dont quite deliver the pump, though they do produce DOMS and most important hypertrophy!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That...epic...paragraph ;)

Hot irresponsible girls, heavy lifting... all the making of a good log :)

Good lucking hitting that leg pump, high rep squats work well for me. Much like you mentioned, squats for strength just dont quite deliver the pump, though they do produce DOMS and most important hypertrophy!
Haha its AM fault. For some reason it wont let me use enter.
Ya like I said she looked good but just wasn't doing it for me. Realizing how stuck I am on this other girl. Trying to keep my mind off her but not exactly working. Making me more crazy than usual. Trying to do my part for this log. Hopefully legs go well. Definitely noticing some NO2 effects in the lower region haha. Either I am going to do some cluster sets or a 20 rep squat set to finish squats off. Not quite sure yet.
Also for anyone who has followed previous logs or who are interested in bodybuilding competitions. A friend and former training partner just competed. http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/npc-junior-usa/10393-npc-junior-usa-2013/5687-kevin-rainey-wins-overall-jr-usas-results-photos.html#.UZvJwCnD-1s
I guess I should mention my friend is the one who won.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So plans kept changing today. Was going to do legs then arms on Thursday for my carb nite. Changed my mind to do arms and carb nite tonight. When I got to the gym someone talked to me about doing legs. So I did legs and I am having my carb nite haha.

Lying leg curls 4 sets of 8 reps finish with 20 partials

Squats sets of 5 up to 385 then some cluster sets with 405.
Leg press 4 sets of 10 or more you go I go for 2 rounds with 5 plates per side. Talk about a painful good time haha.

Deadlifts tried to get 585 but just over thought it. Plus I did a hell of a lot of squats.
Romanian deadlifts on the heels 3 sets of 10 with 110

Stretchy pants stretching got me to do core haha. Cute girl doing all kinds of crazy stretching in the hot box room. So I ended up doing the ab wheel and land mines. Probably the only time you will see me do core haha.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So plans kept changing today. Was going to do legs then arms on Thursday for my carb nite. Changed my mind to do arms and carb nite tonight. When I got to the gym someone talked to me about doing legs. So I did legs and I am having my carb nite haha.

Lying leg curls 4 sets of 8 reps finish with 20 partials

Squats sets of 5 up to 385 then some cluster sets with 405.
Leg press 4 sets of 10 or more you go I go for 2 rounds with 5 plates per side. Talk about a painful good time haha.

Deadlifts tried to get 585 but just over thought it. Plus I did a hell of a lot of squats.
Romanian deadlifts on the heels 3 sets of 10 with 110

Stretchy pants stretching got me to do core haha. Cute girl doing all kinds of crazy stretching in the hot box room. So I ended up doing the ab wheel and land mines. Probably the only time you will see me do core haha.
lmao, motivation... whatever it takes :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lmao, motivation... whatever it takes :)
That is definitely what it takes. But I paid for it. Squats, deadlifts, and core all on the same day equals super sore.

Yesterday was chest/shoulders

Decline DB press 4*8
Incline BB press elect 5*3 finished with 275
Flat BB cluster used 295, 305, 315 not too bad considering I haven't flat pressed in a while but definitely lower than I would like.
Pec deck

Side lateral raise 3*12
Cage press 5*5
Rear delt destroyer SET 40*60/20*30/10*10 yes that was 1 set. Done with heavy partials.

As usual on this day my delts blew up. Had good endurance through out. Wasn't expecting much from flat bench considering before doing it later meant no power left. Still had enough in the tank even at the end. I did take my time before the destroyer set but that was more about getting ready for the suck than being tired haha.

Will post about todays back workout later.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a love/hate relationship with massive shoulder pumps. 90% love but man do they hurt compared to getting a wicked pump in seemingly any other muscle group.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a love/hate relationship with massive shoulder pumps. 90% love but man do they hurt compared to getting a wicked pump in seemingly any other muscle group.
I hear you. Nothing quite hurts like a shoulder pump and trying to move your arms haha. But it is hard to beat some boulder looking shoulders.

Back was next. Just one of those days where you are pumped to lift. Went a little crazy on the volume. Extra stuff here and there. Just a good workout to tear my back up. The down side was I went a little crazy on chest supported rows. Was using it to hit my mid back. Used a little too much weight and bruised my chest. Didn't notice it till a few days.

Sunday was arms. Just that good ole pump day. Through in some close grip bench press 225 for 10 reps. Not too bad towards the end of workout. Biceps probably got more work done. Was trying to find new things for my triceps on the fly so kind of guess work on weights. To start my workout I did reverse grip curls and rope ext superset for 5 sets of 10 no rest at all. I was just walking back and forth for 10 straight sets. It was my carb nite. As much food as I ate I still had left overs soo....

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear you. Nothing quite hurts like a shoulder pump and trying to move your arms haha. But it is hard to beat some boulder looking shoulders.

Back was next. Just one of those days where you are pumped to lift. Went a little crazy on the volume. Extra stuff here and there. Just a good workout to tear my back up. The down side was I went a little crazy on chest supported rows. Was using it to hit my mid back. Used a little too much weight and bruised my chest. Didn't notice it till a few days.

Sunday was arms. Just that good ole pump day. Through in some close grip bench press 225 for 10 reps. Not too bad towards the end of workout. Biceps probably got more work done. Was trying to find new things for my triceps on the fly so kind of guess work on weights. To start my workout I did reverse grip curls and rope ext superset for 5 sets of 10 no rest at all. I was just walking back and forth for 10 straight sets. It was my carb nite. As much food as I ate I still had left overs soo....
Great work, Ive been really motivated as of late as well.

2 scoops of SuperPump Max, 4 X-Factor Advanced and 6 Peak Beta+ preWO will do that to you though :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great work, Ive been really motivated as of late as well.

2 scoops of SuperPump Max, 4 X-Factor Advanced and 6 Peak Beta+ preWO will do that to you though :)
Appreciate it. Lately I am just using coffee, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, and whey isolate for preworkout. Along with 2 staggered doses of PeakBeta+ of course.

I bet those 4 X-Factor Advanced are awesome for pumps. Tried another ArA product a while back and was impressed. Especially because the bottle lasted so long. Great bang for your buck.

Monday I did legs and had another night of carbs.

Lying leg curls 4 sets of 8 final set with 25 partials

Squats ELECT sets of 3: 185/225/275/315/365 then 405 for 5 reps. Squat form still needs work.
Leg press widowmaker 630 for 20 reps

Seated leg curls PSR elect 5 mini sets of 3
Stiff leg deadlifts 2 sets of 10 with 195
1 leg romanian deadlifts with trap bar 2 sets of 8 reps each leg using 240. Tried this out for the first time ever. No testing the waters just jump in at 240. Some guys I know were using the trap bar and I figured I would test these out. Ended up being a fairly decent weight for them. Definitely want to look into the article about them again before I repeat them.

Seated calf raise 100 reps with 45 pounds in as few sets as possible
Standing calf raise 3 sets of 6 with 250
Tibilias(sp?) raise 1 leg at a time with plate. 3 sets of 15ish.

It was one of those days where I didn't even feel like going let alone going all out. But once I got started I just didn't stop. Was definitely a back of the leg day though. Can't remember a time when I did so much more for the back of my legs compared to the front. Later that night my right hamstring locked up on me. Never had that happen before.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear you liked the ArA product you tried! Bill has invested years of his life and a lot of money into researching this unique nutrient, so he is always glad to hear the number of ArA fans is growing daily, even ten years after he brought it to market!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went and picked up an old big box 42" tv for free. Can't complain about that. Wasn't planning on lifting today but after that got the urge to lift haha.

Today was chest/shoulders

Flat db twist press 3*10
Incline bb elect 5*3
Flat bb 2*3 with 315 not bad for me since haven't been flat benching much.
Pec deck 3*20

Then just went off on shoulders. So much more than I planned. Just got that itch to keep hitting them.

As usual delts blew up. Chest got a little puffed up too. Not bad endurance plus some solid pumps. Spent too much time in the gym though.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went and picked up an old big box 42" tv for free. Can't complain about that. Wasn't planning on lifting today but after that got the urge to lift haha.

Today was chest/shoulders

Flat db twist press 3*10
Incline bb elect 5*3
Flat bb 2*3 with 315 not bad for me since haven't been flat benching much.
Pec deck 3*20

Then just went off on shoulders. So much more than I planned. Just got that itch to keep hitting them.

As usual delts blew up. Chest got a little puffed up too. Not bad endurance plus some solid pumps. Spent too much time in the gym though.
Not bad, hopefully it wasnt too bulky/heavy.

Sony Trinitrons were the worst for that... soooo heavy. I used to move furniture during summers when I was in highschool. We had to move a 40"+ trinitron but the owner tipped us $100 each. He was a fat college dude who was like man none of my friends would help me move this thing

Way to turn that excitement into a long and productive gym session!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not bad, hopefully it wasnt too bulky/heavy.

Sony Trinitrons were the worst for that... soooo heavy. I used to move furniture during summers when I was in highschool. We had to move a 40"+ trinitron but the owner tipped us $100 each. He was a fat college dude who was like man none of my friends would help me move this thing

Way to turn that excitement into a long and productive gym session!
To be honest it wasn't that bad. In fact I almost picked it up by myself. Just couldn't get my arms around it comfortably. Thinking about measuring it because it doesn't seem that big. There is no base to it.

Ya I get asked to help move fairly often. In fact the woman asked me to help move some night stand looking thing for her. Then said she might give me a call to help move other stuff. Never bad to be able to move stuff for money haha.

Ya now just have to take the time to lug the tv upstairs to my room haha.