Tomahawk PeakBeta+ Log (sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Tomahawk PeakBeta+ Log (sponsored)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    So plans kept changing today. Was going to do legs then arms on Thursday for my carb nite. Changed my mind to do arms and carb nite tonight. When I got to the gym someone talked to me about doing legs. So I did legs and I am having my carb nite haha.

Lying leg curls 4 sets of 8 reps finish with 20 partials

Squats sets of 5 up to 385 then some cluster sets with 405.
    Leg press 4 sets of 10 or more you go I go for 2 rounds with 5 plates per side. Talk about a painful good time haha.

Deadlifts tried to get 585 but just over thought it. Plus I did a hell of a lot of squats.
    Romanian deadlifts on the heels 3 sets of 10 with 110

Stretchy pants stretching got me to do core haha. Cute girl doing all kinds of crazy stretching in the hot box room. So I ended up doing the ab wheel and land mines. Probably the only time you will see me do core haha.
    lmao, motivation... whatever it takes
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE

lmao, motivation... whatever it takes
    That is definitely what it takes. But I paid for it. Squats, deadlifts, and core all on the same day equals super sore.

Yesterday was chest/shoulders

Decline DB press 4*8
    Incline BB press elect 5*3 finished with 275
    Flat BB cluster used 295, 305, 315 not too bad considering I haven't flat pressed in a while but definitely lower than I would like.
    Pec deck

Side lateral raise 3*12
    Cage press 5*5
    Rear delt destroyer SET 40*60/20*30/10*10 yes that was 1 set. Done with heavy partials.

As usual on this day my delts blew up. Had good endurance through out. Wasn't expecting much from flat bench considering before doing it later meant no power left. Still had enough in the tank even at the end. I did take my time before the destroyer set but that was more about getting ready for the suck than being tired haha.

Will post about todays back workout later.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have a love/hate relationship with massive shoulder pumps. 90% love but man do they hurt compared to getting a wicked pump in seemingly any other muscle group.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have a love/hate relationship with massive shoulder pumps. 90% love but man do they hurt compared to getting a wicked pump in seemingly any other muscle group.
    I hear you. Nothing quite hurts like a shoulder pump and trying to move your arms haha. But it is hard to beat some boulder looking shoulders.

Back was next. Just one of those days where you are pumped to lift. Went a little crazy on the volume. Extra stuff here and there. Just a good workout to tear my back up. The down side was I went a little crazy on chest supported rows. Was using it to hit my mid back. Used a little too much weight and bruised my chest. Didn't notice it till a few days.

Sunday was arms. Just that good ole pump day. Through in some close grip bench press 225 for 10 reps. Not too bad towards the end of workout. Biceps probably got more work done. Was trying to find new things for my triceps on the fly so kind of guess work on weights. To start my workout I did reverse grip curls and rope ext superset for 5 sets of 10 no rest at all. I was just walking back and forth for 10 straight sets. It was my carb nite. As much food as I ate I still had left overs soo....
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I hear you. Nothing quite hurts like a shoulder pump and trying to move your arms haha. But it is hard to beat some boulder looking shoulders.

Back was next. Just one of those days where you are pumped to lift. Went a little crazy on the volume. Extra stuff here and there. Just a good workout to tear my back up. The down side was I went a little crazy on chest supported rows. Was using it to hit my mid back. Used a little too much weight and bruised my chest. Didn't notice it till a few days.

Sunday was arms. Just that good ole pump day. Through in some close grip bench press 225 for 10 reps. Not too bad towards the end of workout. Biceps probably got more work done. Was trying to find new things for my triceps on the fly so kind of guess work on weights. To start my workout I did reverse grip curls and rope ext superset for 5 sets of 10 no rest at all. I was just walking back and forth for 10 straight sets. It was my carb nite. As much food as I ate I still had left overs soo....
    Great work, Ive been really motivated as of late as well.

2 scoops of SuperPump Max, 4 X-Factor Advanced and 6 Peak Beta+ preWO will do that to you though
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Great work, Ive been really motivated as of late as well.

2 scoops of SuperPump Max, 4 X-Factor Advanced and 6 Peak Beta+ preWO will do that to you though
    Appreciate it. Lately I am just using coffee, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, and whey isolate for preworkout. Along with 2 staggered doses of PeakBeta+ of course.

I bet those 4 X-Factor Advanced are awesome for pumps. Tried another ArA product a while back and was impressed. Especially because the bottle lasted so long. Great bang for your buck.

Monday I did legs and had another night of carbs.

Lying leg curls 4 sets of 8 final set with 25 partials

Squats ELECT sets of 3: 185/225/275/315/365 then 405 for 5 reps. Squat form still needs work.
    Leg press widowmaker 630 for 20 reps

Seated leg curls PSR elect 5 mini sets of 3
    Stiff leg deadlifts 2 sets of 10 with 195
    1 leg romanian deadlifts with trap bar 2 sets of 8 reps each leg using 240. Tried this out for the first time ever. No testing the waters just jump in at 240. Some guys I know were using the trap bar and I figured I would test these out. Ended up being a fairly decent weight for them. Definitely want to look into the article about them again before I repeat them.

Seated calf raise 100 reps with 45 pounds in as few sets as possible
    Standing calf raise 3 sets of 6 with 250
    Tibilias(sp?) raise 1 leg at a time with plate. 3 sets of 15ish.

It was one of those days where I didn't even feel like going let alone going all out. But once I got started I just didn't stop. Was definitely a back of the leg day though. Can't remember a time when I did so much more for the back of my legs compared to the front. Later that night my right hamstring locked up on me. Never had that happen before.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Glad to hear you liked the ArA product you tried! Bill has invested years of his life and a lot of money into researching this unique nutrient, so he is always glad to hear the number of ArA fans is growing daily, even ten years after he brought it to market!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Went and picked up an old big box 42" tv for free. Can't complain about that. Wasn't planning on lifting today but after that got the urge to lift haha.

Today was chest/shoulders

Flat db twist press 3*10
    Incline bb elect 5*3
    Flat bb 2*3 with 315 not bad for me since haven't been flat benching much.
    Pec deck 3*20

Then just went off on shoulders. So much more than I planned. Just got that itch to keep hitting them.

As usual delts blew up. Chest got a little puffed up too. Not bad endurance plus some solid pumps. Spent too much time in the gym though.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Went and picked up an old big box 42" tv for free. Can't complain about that. Wasn't planning on lifting today but after that got the urge to lift haha.

Today was chest/shoulders

Flat db twist press 3*10
    Incline bb elect 5*3
    Flat bb 2*3 with 315 not bad for me since haven't been flat benching much.
    Pec deck 3*20

Then just went off on shoulders. So much more than I planned. Just got that itch to keep hitting them.

As usual delts blew up. Chest got a little puffed up too. Not bad endurance plus some solid pumps. Spent too much time in the gym though.
    Not bad, hopefully it wasnt too bulky/heavy.

Sony Trinitrons were the worst for that... soooo heavy. I used to move furniture during summers when I was in highschool. We had to move a 40"+ trinitron but the owner tipped us $100 each. He was a fat college dude who was like man none of my friends would help me move this thing

Way to turn that excitement into a long and productive gym session!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Not bad, hopefully it wasnt too bulky/heavy.

Sony Trinitrons were the worst for that... soooo heavy. I used to move furniture during summers when I was in highschool. We had to move a 40"+ trinitron but the owner tipped us $100 each. He was a fat college dude who was like man none of my friends would help me move this thing

Way to turn that excitement into a long and productive gym session!
    To be honest it wasn't that bad. In fact I almost picked it up by myself. Just couldn't get my arms around it comfortably. Thinking about measuring it because it doesn't seem that big. There is no base to it.

Ya I get asked to help move fairly often. In fact the woman asked me to help move some night stand looking thing for her. Then said she might give me a call to help move other stuff. Never bad to be able to move stuff for money haha.

Ya now just have to take the time to lug the tv upstairs to my room haha.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

To be honest it wasn't that bad. In fact I almost picked it up by myself. Just couldn't get my arms around it comfortably. Thinking about measuring it because it doesn't seem that big. There is no base to it.

Ya I get asked to help move fairly often. In fact the woman asked me to help move some night stand looking thing for her. Then said she might give me a call to help move other stuff. Never bad to be able to move stuff for money haha.

Ya now just have to take the time to lug the tv upstairs to my room haha.
    Ya most box tv's werent too unreasonable, I mostly just hear moving horror stories of the Trinitrons, they used a very thick glass (front heavy) compared to anything else out at the time.

Experiences like that remind me of how great barbells and dumbbells really are lol... The most convenient ways to lift huge amounts of weight. Non lifting people often dont realize saying "I can deadlift 400lbs" does not mean one could pick up a 400lb man, or tv, or anything shaped in a hard to handle way.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Ya most box tv's werent too unreasonable, I mostly just hear moving horror stories of the Trinitrons, they used a very thick glass (front heavy) compared to anything else out at the time.

Experiences like that remind me of how great barbells and dumbbells really are lol... The most convenient ways to lift huge amounts of weight. Non lifting people often dont realize saying "I can deadlift 400lbs" does not mean one could pick up a 400lb man, or tv, or anything shaped in a hard to handle way.
    Ya that would suck to deal with. Kind of felt that experience when I moved my old tv. It was only 27" but felt surprisingly heavy especially in front.

Haha that is true but it sure helps.

Yesterday did back. Actually didn't do a million exercises haha just 5. Meadow rows, 1 arm t-bar rows, pull ups, stretchers, and reverse seated wide neutral grip lat pull downs.

Was trying to get done in a certain amount of time so didn't want to do too much. Plus saw a guy I hadn't talked to in probably 3 or more years. Don't really know him but he worked with an old training partner. Him and another guy would always be there when we lifted. Made me think back to when I deadlifted 675 at 235ish. Makes me sad to think I still haven't crossed the 700 deadlift off my list.

Later today going to do arms. Going to try and make it a shorter workout. Want to be able to start my Carb Nite a little earlier so I can really eat 6 to 8 hours.

Also saw a woman I used to see all the time at the base fitness center. I would say she classifies as a GILF haha. Not sure how long ago it was I first saw her but I swear she hasn't aged. She still looks great. I think she is from Panama.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

670.... damn, I dont even know any friends or gym buddies who can do that!
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

670.... damn, I dont even know any friends or gym buddies who can do that!
    Ya it isn't exactly a fitness center number haha. Wish I would have gotten into powerlifting at like a younger age. With a coach and all. That was just me pulling on the weight.

Yesterday did arms. Had a guy join me for my workout. Pretty good to train with but meant more rest. Not ideal for arms but wasn't bad. Allowed me to move more weight. Will post more about the workout but close gripped 275 for 6 or more reps.

Getting ready to go train legs.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Ya, you cant help but to think "what if" when you had that kind of brute strength!

Solid close grip numbers, I always go heavier/harder when lifting with a partner.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Ya, you cant help but to think "what if" when you had that kind of brute strength!

Solid close grip numbers, I always go heavier/harder when lifting with a partner.
    Exactly. Makes me kind of kick myself for never really putting myself out there. Not saying I was "natural" but that was with no coaching. I am sure technique could have maximized my power. I know my power is underutilized during my squat.

Well my close grip isn't all that close. A little closer than shoulder width. Don't mess with super close anymore because of my wrist. It was only going to be 275 for 3 explosive reps but just kept going. Plus didn't feel like doing another set. Other guy was going beyond failure and I was pulling the bar off him haha.

I guess I should talk about my Monday leg workout. It was a long and brutal workout. Hard to believe I am not more sore. Did do some icing though.

Lying leg curls 4*8 last set involving 25 partials

Squats sets of 5 up to 390
    Leg press 360*10, 450*11, 540*12, 630*13

Deadlift sets of 3 up to 555. Last rep was suspect. I fear it was due to lack of grip. Blaming it on the liquid grip crap. Need to get some real chalk. Hands got tore up.

Hip thrusters 3/4*8 with 225 with basically no padding.

Single leg Romanian stiff leg deadlift with trap bar 2/3*10 this tore my lower back up. Really felt a back pump.

I was covered in sweat. Probably half out of it. Pretty much on auto pilot going through the workout. Don't know why I did so much haha. No major soreness that I can tell. Getting a massage and adjustment today.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Great detail, the thorough daily updates are greatly appreciated.

Im pretty much the same way, if the close grip is over 225 I take a bit wider of a grip. I learned quickly cgbp wreaks havoc on the wrists.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Great detail, the thorough daily updates are greatly appreciated.

Im pretty much the same way, if the close grip is over 225 I take a bit wider of a grip. I learned quickly cgbp wreaks havoc on the wrists.
    Not a problem, just wish it would have gotten more attention from others. It has been a great supplement. Plus the bottle is lasting and it was cheap as hell last I checked on NP.

It just isn't worth it to me. Train smarter and try to avoid injuries. I am all about making things more efficient but not painful for the sake of pain.

Will post about my chest/shoulders workout later. It got a bit side tracked towards the end. Started talking a bit with an amateur bodybuilder I know. Apparently he is desperate for leg growth because he wants to train legs with me haha.

Got my chiropractic adjustment and massage today. Saw a pretty new assistant there. Plus my massage therapist pulled my hair...
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Not a problem, just wish it would have gotten more attention from others. It has been a great supplement. Plus the bottle is lasting and it was cheap as hell last I checked on NP.

It just isn't worth it to me. Train smarter and try to avoid injuries. I am all about making things more efficient but not painful for the sake of pain.

Will post about my chest/shoulders workout later. It got a bit side tracked towards the end. Started talking a bit with an amateur bodybuilder I know. Apparently he is desperate for leg growth because he wants to train legs with me haha.

Got my chiropractic adjustment and massage today. Saw a pretty new assistant there. Plus my massage therapist pulled my hair...
    I hear you, its a mystery thats haunting me daily as to why more people havent taken notice of this truly great (and as you mentioned very affordable) product.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Chest and shoulders yesterday

Db twist press 3*10 ramp up
    Incline bb elect worked up to 285 for 3. Felt easier than 275 last time.
    Tried to pause press 365 but not quite haha. Did find out I could use the 4th notch on my weight lifting belt.
    Pec deck

Heavy db swings 60*25,30,35
    Cage press 5*5 ramp up
    Front db raise 4*10 ramp up
    Face pulls

Like I said spent some talking. Probably tricked someone into training legs with me. Funny thing is he wants to train legs with me. Should be fun to torture another person. He made it sound like he pukes easy so haha.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Solid ass inclines!
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Sunday was chest/shoulders

Db twist press 3*10
    Incline bb worked up to 295 for 3. Felt pretty good.
    Flat bb press clusters with 275 4-4-4, 4-4-2 15 second rest between clusters
    Pec deck

Heavy db swings sets of 25 increase weight
    Seated shoulder press machine plate loaded you go I go sets of 10
    Front db raise 3*10
    1 arm db up right rows 3*10
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Monday was back

Meadow rows
    Trap bar rows
    Dead stop DB rows
    Seated cable rows
    Stretchers
    Reverse seated lat pulldowns with a wide neutral grip
    Snatch grip high pulls
    DB shrugs with 3 second flex at top

Only took 4 caps. Only have 8 more left. Wanted to make sure I had 8 for legs on Wednesday. Got a good pump going. Really hit some hard contractions. Lats flared up big with the stretchers. Quite a bit of volume looking at it all written out.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Smart man, saving 8 caps for leg day!

I can relate on amazing myself from time to time with all the volume once I write out what I did in the gym.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tomahawk in the Pink...Magic Log (sponsored)
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 429
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
  2. Tomahawk's HGHup sponsored log
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM
  3. Confucious's HyperTest Log (sponsored)
    By Confucious in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 04:42 PM
  4. HeavyWe1ght's HyperTEST log (sponsored)
    By heavywe1ght in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 12:04 PM
  5. INKLINED MASS FX LOG (sponsored)
    By inklined in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 07:43 PM