A scoop a day keeps muscle soreness away with BCAA+SAA

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I want to thank finaflex for the opportunity to log their new apple fusion flavor of BCAA+SAA.I do an upper/lower split with an abs/cardio/calves day, then repeat.
bcaa_supplement_facts.png

I am 20 years old 6'1" and 165 pounds as of this morning. I am consuming around 3000 calories (about a 500 calorie surplus)
I do IF and train 16+ hours fasted. I have done this for about 2 years now, and love it. so BCAA are a must for me. I have never had SAA however so I am interested on the effect it will have on my endurance and DOMS. today was my first day taking this and let me say, the taste was DELICIOUS. it had a real strong flavor, unlike a lot of other products. I mixed it with 14oz water, drank about 10oz and refilled it back up to 14oz and the flavor was still so good and not watery. I am going to love sipping on.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
don't have internet on my phone

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice start bro!! You know I'm in this!!!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good first post and ready for some "silky" smooth gains :p

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
thanks for joining guys! o ya bad new...I wont be in gym this weekend do to military obligations =(. will be back on Monday for deadlifts!...o ya forgot to mention in my OP I hit a new bench and row PR

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your in the military? That's perfect if you come out this way I train on an Air Force Base

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Your in the military? That's perfect if you come out this way I train on an Air Force Base
yep, check he sig man lol. I don't like my bases gym, its all machines. I train at my old highschool, its more for powerlifters

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't see your sig on my phone for some reason. This gym is all free weights and hammer no machines in there. It's got just about anything you can think of.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I can't see your sig on my phone for some reason. This gym is all free weights and hammer no machines in there. It's got just about anything you can think of.
o it sayd 185th u.s. air force. my highschool gym is all powerracks and dumbells..its perfect

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Its not just your phone. Mine does that also

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards
I am 20 years old 6'1" and 165 pounds as of this morning. I am consuming around 3000 calories (about a 500 calorie surplus)
I do IF and train 16+ hours fasted. I have done this for about 2 years now, and love it. so BCAA are a must for me. I have never had SAA however so I am interested on the effect it will have on my endurance and DOMS. today was my first day taking this and let me say, the taste was DELICIOUS. it had a real strong flavor, unlike a lot of other products. I mixed it with 14oz water, drank about 10oz and refilled it back up to 14oz and the flavor was still so good and not watery. I am going to love sipping on.
I'm in, we're around the same stats(I'm 6'1 167lbs) so deff interested to hear your take on this product. Also, you said your maintanence calories are around 2500? Its a little higher than mine, what exactly do you do for work if you don't mind me asking? And good luck with the log!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I'm in, we're around the same stats(I'm 6'1 167lbs) so deff interested to hear your take on this product. Also, you said your maintanence calories are around 2500? Its a little higher than mine, what exactly do you do for work if you don't mind me asking? And good luck with the log!
im a full time student and am in the Air force

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
going to hit it hard tomorrow with deadlifts, ready for some apple goodness

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
alright back from the gym.
today I decided to do straight bar deadlifts. I have ALWAYS used a hex bar. I obviously had to drop the weight for this but did 255 6 times, didn't think that was to bad for being my first time. I would have been going for 275 5 times if I went with the hex bar. I did a dropset on leg press (huge quad pump). felt awesome. this stuff tastes so dang good, strong flavor, I can drink 3/4 of my shaker cup and fill it completely full again and it still doesn't taste watered down. we will see how the DOMS is tomorrow, usually its pretty bad in my hammies

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah if I go with one scoop in a 26oz shaker the taste is perfect for me.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Yeah if I go with one scoop in a 26oz shaker the taste is perfect for me.
definitely one of the strongest tasting supps I have had

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
You aren't AD are you?
lulzzzzzzzzzzz :toofunny:
JB with the clowning..

sooo, a lil delayed but here we are eh CL? :D
glad to see you rocking, look forward to your thoughts buddy

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
lulzzzzzzzzzzz :toofunny:
JB with the clowning..

sooo, a lil delayed but here we are eh CL? :D
glad to see you rocking, look forward to your thoughts buddy
liking it so far my man, thanks for following along

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
If you could, post a supplement info pic.
allow me to help here

soo..fubar MD eh?
is that like a doc then that only takes care of those really, grossly fukked up injuries? :p
(like my emergency hemorrhoid surgery from couple weeks back?)

and another random thought: how the hell do you decide you want to become a colon rectal surgeon anyway?
:think:

let's discuss this over a nice tall glass of refreshing BCAA+SAA
ready -- go!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I got a new OHP PR! it was tough but I got it =)
my shoulders are fried, I did 5x6 OHP followed by a triple dropset and 3 sets of lateral raises followed by a triple dropset of those too.
my other lifts stayed pretty much the same though, but they usually go down after drill weekend. they didn't go down at all so im still pretty happy.
the reason they go down is because I cant really track my macros very well since I eat at the defac and have to estimate, so I typically under eat.
tomorrow im doing some cardio/abs and calves, interested to see if this helps with my cardio endurance.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a new OHP PR! it was tough but I got it =)
my shoulders are fried, I did 5x6 OHP followed by a triple dropset and 3 sets of lateral raises followed by a triple dropset of those too.
my other lifts stayed pretty much the same though, but they usually go down after drill weekend. they didn't go down at all so im still pretty happy.
the reason they go down is because I cant really track my macros very well since I eat at the defac and have to estimate, so I typically under eat.
tomorrow im doing some cardio/abs and calves, interested to see if this helps with my cardio endurance.
DFAC.* (stands for Dining FACility) : wink: : stooges:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff, yeah the flavor of this is damn good! My favorite out of the 3 we have right now.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Good stuff, yeah the flavor of this is damn good! My favorite out of the 3 we have right now.
I would love to try the others to see how they stack up

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
just did a little bit of cardio and calves today, I don't know if its just placebo but it seemed like I wasn't as tired after my cardio session. also DOMS has been less then usual I have noticed. so far I am loving this stuff

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just did a little bit of cardio and calves today, I don't know if its just placebo but it seemed like I wasn't as tired after my cardio session. also DOMS has been less then usual I have noticed. so far I am loving this stuff
No DOMS makes a happy gym rat :)

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
man my legs are jello right now lol
I had squats today and I killed it, all my weights went up.
I did squats, RDL, legpress, Leg extensions and leg curls. I either added weight or reps in every exercise.
had pretty good energy in the gym. was a little bummed out cause my lifting buddy couldn't make it so I was all alone. I guess I didn't need him lol.
my DOMS is reduced as far as I can tell. it is usually really bad after squats so we will see ho I feel the next couple days.
I have bench tomorrow, surprisingly bench has been going up consistently. lets see if it continues.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I had 5x5 bench/row today. my bench has been going up consistently but for some reason I stalled today. I was going for 175 5x6 today on bench.
I got 6 on the first set but the other 4 sets I only got 5 reps.
my bent over row went up though so im happy about that, and that has always been a tough lift for me to progress on.
for some reason I just wasn't energized at all today. just didn't really wanna be there and wasn't feeling pumped up. I kind of just felt "out of it" my DOMS in my legs from leg day yesterday is not as bad as usual so im thinking BCAA+SAA is helping in that department, as I have always just used plain BCAA

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't sweat the bench brother. Could be a number of reasons. You'll get it next time!!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Don't sweat the bench brother. Could be a number of reasons. You'll get it next time!!
thanks brah, it was weird, I was all jacked to lift but when I got there I just wasn't feeling it

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you have a go to song?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Do you have a go to song?
don't even usually listen to music when I lift, my buddy was playing some rock idk what it was, most Eminem songs get me "in the zone"

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
music is a must for me! Put on my headphones crank some disturbed and it's on!!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
music is a must for me! Put on my headphones crank some disturbed and it's on!!
ya sometimes it helps for me but sometimes I just like the silence because I can just concentrate on the lift and "self motivate" myself

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's cool bro, whatever takes you to that place to put your muscles to work

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
today was my rest day so I did some abs and calves. my calves have grew substantially in the past 2 months, im pretty proud of them =) lol
my abs are going to be sore tomorrow, I really tore them up with decline sit ups and cable crunches.
it felt like they were ripping apart,(in a good way)
bad news is I hurt my hip while doing decline sit ups. it is pretty tender right now and I have deadlifts tomorrow, so we will see how that goes. I hope it heals up and doesn't bother me during my workout. DOMS is still noticeably less. im really liking this stuff.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
sooo I had deadlifts today. I was not feeling it AT ALL today, im trying to do a little stim break for a week or so and it is really killing me. I had no energy or motivation to be in the gym today, also was just feeling foggy and strange, but I still got it done.
once I got into my workout that pretty much went away though.
I hit 250 5x5 today on deads(most I have done on a straight bar) this is my 2nd workout with a straight bar. I always use to use a hex bar and pulled 275 5x5 on my last time doing it.
I have the dreaded OHP tomorrow, gonna break another PR hopefully!